1. Beaucage, Alex
  2. Helleson, Drew [Reserve List]
  3. Johnson, Erik
  4. 2023 1st round pick (COL)
  5. 2023 3rd round pick (COL)
DET
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (TBL)
TBL
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav ($1,000,000 retained)
DET
  1. 2022 1st round pick (BOS)
  2. 2022 6th round pick (BOS)
DET
  1. 2023 4th round pick (ANA)
  2. 2023 5th round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Gagner, Sam
  2. Staal, Marc
Additional Details:
anywhere for injury depth
DET
  1. 2023 6th round pick (EDM)
NYI
  1. 2022 7th round pick (DET)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the COL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the COL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the DET
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the DET
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$60,029,723$0$4,518,750$21,470,277
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$2,625,000$2,625,000
LW
UFA - 3
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$318,750$319K)
C
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$737,500$737,500
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 17, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
That would be a no from COL.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
That would be a no from COL.

ya looking back at it, it looks a bit much
Xqb15a liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
Banned
Marc Staal has a NMC for a reason he doesn't want to leave his family, Erik Johnson isn't waiving for Detroit so no to the Colorado deal. Wouldn't shock me if both Leddy and Stecher aren't resigned.
aedoran and Ryancnbb liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: Ryancnbb
ya looking back at it, it looks a bit much

Not really, Johnson is a cap dump that’s costing to move and doubtful he does with that NMC. In return you’re getting a top 6 winger for 2 playoff runs and good third pairing defensemen in Stetcher for a playoff run.
Ryancnbb liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 2:34 p.m.
Bedard23
Jets take it and run fills in backup need
Ryancnbb and memehlers liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Marc Staal has a NMC for a reason he doesn't want to leave his family, Erik Johnson isn't waiving for Detroit so no to the Colorado deal. Wouldn't shock me if both Leddy and Stecher aren't resigned.

I agree I think Staal stays he has to be loving the cost of living in Detroit compared to NY. I doubt they resign Stecher I don't see him staying in Detroit unless he gets a big contract and I don't think it makes sense to keep him. You have to figure by the time the TDL rolls around Leddy's cap hit won't be bad and with Detroit retaining 50% of what's left pretty much every playoff team will be able to afford him I think Yzerman will get an offer to good to pass up. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are both gone at the TDL.
Lancebmx liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
I agree I think Staal stays he has to be loving the cost of living in Detroit compared to NY. I doubt they resign Stecher I don't see him staying in Detroit unless he gets a big contract and I don't think it makes sense to keep him. You have to figure by the time the TDL rolls around Leddy's cap hit won't be bad and with Detroit retaining 50% of what's left pretty much every playoff team will be able to afford him I think Yzerman will get an offer to good to pass up. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are both gone at the TDL.

I kind of hope they trade Leddy as much as I like him just to recoup what they paid at least. Then if he wants he can resign as a free agent.
Ryancnbb liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: BStinson
Not really, Johnson is a cap dump that’s costing to move and doubtful he does with that NMC. In return you’re getting a top 6 winger for 2 playoff runs and good third pairing defensemen in Stetcher for a playoff run.

Except Johnson isn’t a cap dump. If he is healthy he plays, if he isn’t he goes on LTIR and the Avs get cap relief. Helleson has the highest ceiling in the deal, as a top pairing dman (look at what he did at the WJC’s and at BC the last 2 years), a 1st and EJ who is better than Stetcher any day he is healthy. Such an easy no from COL because it is a massive over pay.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: IconicHawk
Jets take it and run fills in backup need

I would agree that the Jets may be interested in a trade like this. Sort of depends how Comrie is doing when we get to the deadline.

Injuries always can change the equation but right now all we'd be looking to add at the deadline would be a vet backup tender. Perhaps a bit rich as I don't think there will be a bidding war for his services and we probably want to hang on to Beaulieu as our 7th D but Greiss (50% retained) to the Jets at the deadline would be something I think the Jets would have interest in if the cap works.
Lancebmx and memehlers liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
Boston isn't giving up a 1st for Fabbri. If Fabbri has a good season he will want more money and at that point it would make more sense to keep DeBrusk.

The Winnipeg trade doesn't make sense for Detroit since Beaulieu is a UFA. Swap out Beaulieu for younger defenseman or change the 3rd to a 2nd.

As I said above I think Staal stays and if Gagner goes anywhere its most likely Edmonton and the return will probably be a 4th or more likely a 5th.

I don't like the Montreal deal for Detroit and I think Detroit gets a better offer than that by the time the TDL rolls around.

I also don't think the Colorado trade happens it's not so much about the value. Sakic is patient and Colorado isn't at a point where they need to make a move like that. They still have a ton of talent in their system so until that is exhausted I don't see them making a move like this.
BStinson and Lancebmx liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:49 p.m.
Except Johnson isn’t a cap dump. If he is healthy he plays, if he isn’t he goes on LTIR and the Avs get cap relief. Helleson has the highest ceiling in the deal, as a top pairing dman (look at what he did at the WJC’s and at BC the last 2 years), a 1st and EJ who is better than Stetcher any day he is healthy. Such an easy no from COL because it is a massive over pay.

I don't think this trade happens for other reasons that I mentioned above. Now I'm sorry but Johnson at 33yrs old with 2 seasons and $6M cap hit per season, just about every other team in the league is going to see Johnson as a cap dump.
BStinson and Lancebmx liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:55 p.m.

Johnson isn’t worth 6M. He’s the 34th highest paid defender in the league and isn’t anywhere near that level of performance so yeah he’s a dump. You may find him serviceable but you can say that about just anybody. Did I say anything about Helleson’s upside? That’s what gives him his value anyway so that’s odd. You have extremely lofty expectations labeling him top pairing potential because the reality is odds are against that. What exactly screams what he’s done the past two years?
Aug. 17, 2021 at 3:58 p.m.
mokumboi
The Blues might get in on that Bertuzzi action, they can put a little sumpinsumpin together for ya.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 4:06 p.m.
Boston isn't giving up a 1st for Fabbri. If Fabbri has a good season he will want more money and at that point it would make more sense to keep DeBrusk.

The Winnipeg trade doesn't make sense for Detroit since Beaulieu is a UFA. Swap out Beaulieu for younger defenseman or change the 3rd to a 2nd.

As I said above I think Staal stays and if Gagner goes anywhere its most likely Edmonton and the return will probably be a 4th or more likely a 5th.

I don't like the Montreal deal for Detroit and I think Detroit gets a better offer than that by the time the TDL rolls around.

I also don't think the Colorado trade happens it's not so much about the value. Sakic is patient and Colorado isn't at a point where they need to make a move like that. They still have a ton of talent in their system so until that is exhausted I don't see them making a move like this.

fabbri would be a rental. that it too much for greiss, he isn't great. I think Colorado should make the most out of MacKinnon being on a good contract so that's why I have them going all out here
Aug. 17, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
I think Johnson is a cap dump to most teams just because of his salary and if Colorado were to want to move him out would be specifically to make cap space. I think he's still a good defenceman and I don't see any reason the avs would want to move him. So that trade probably doesn't happen. I feel like Colorado would be more interested in a player like Fabbri if they could get him cheap enough.
Ryancnbb liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
jimmyjets

Beaulieu would be a cap dump which is why you'd be thinking about a 3rd at all. Because they need the dump and the retention. Rittich for a 3rd that was 2 years out happened this year at the deadline as a base. The pick in the upcoming draft adds value. The fact that it is Columbus' pick and may essentially be a late 2nd adds value instead of it being the Jets own pick.

We probably need a 3rd team involved to retain to actually make the cap work so it does get a bit cost prohibitive if the Wings want too much. a 5th to team X to eat salary and then a 2023 3rd to Detroit is what I would be angling for. This is for a guy that we hope never has to play so again, it really depends on our comfort level with Comrie/Berdin and the numbers Greiss puts up as a 36 year old.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 7:01 p.m.
I don't think this trade happens for other reasons that I mentioned above. Now I'm sorry but Johnson at 33yrs old with 2 seasons and $6M cap hit per season, just about every other team in the league is going to see Johnson as a cap dump.

The CF community when they don’t like a player calls them a cap dump. The fact of the situation is COL is fine having EJ on the roster he is a solid dman that provides excellent intangibles and is a workhorse dman that can play in all situations. Not yes he does have a health issue, everyone acknowledges that. That DOES NOT make him a cap dump though that’s ridiculous. It’s all moot because COL isn’t going to trade him or dump him, the short of it is he will be on the team for the next 2 seasons and then all of his cap hit will go to the new MacKinnon contract. But yeah the whole I don’t like a player he is a cap dump is so played out on here.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Johnson isn’t worth 6M. He’s the 34th highest paid defender in the league and isn’t anywhere near that level of performance so yeah he’s a dump. You may find him serviceable but you can say that about just anybody. Did I say anything about Helleson’s upside? That’s what gives him his value anyway so that’s odd. You have extremely lofty expectations labeling him top pairing potential because the reality is odds are against that. What exactly screams what he’s done the past two years?

You are worth what you are paid and COL is going to pay him $6M. He isn’t a cap dump, because COL is playing him period. They aren’t and have never tried to dump him this a narrative put out on CF for any player somebody doesn’t like doesn’t make them cap dumps. Helleson played top pairing minutes with Sanderson for team USA which won the gold at the WJC’s, he outplayed another COL prospect in that tournament in Barron. He had 15 points in 22 games at BC, along with strong play at both ends of the ice. I said his ceiling was top pairing not what my expectations were right? But a big, smooth skating, right shot d yeah I think he has a role most likely as a 2nd pairing guy. COL under no circumstances is emptying their draft cupboard or what’s left of it, trading their 2nd best d prospect, a solid veteran d, and a forward prospect for a 2nd line winger and a guy worse than you would be trading. It’s an awful trade.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
You are worth what you are paid and COL is going to pay him $6M. He isn’t a cap dump, because COL is playing him period. They aren’t and have never tried to dump him this a narrative put out on CF for any player somebody doesn’t like doesn’t make them cap dumps. Helleson played top pairing minutes with Sanderson for team USA which won the gold at the WJC’s, he outplayed another COL prospect in that tournament in Barron. He had 15 points in 22 games at BC, along with strong play at both ends of the ice. I said his ceiling was top pairing not what my expectations were right? But a big, smooth skating, right shot d yeah I think he has a role most likely as a 2nd pairing guy. COL under no circumstances is emptying their draft cupboard or what’s left of it, trading their 2nd best d prospect, a solid veteran d, and a forward prospect for a 2nd line winger and a guy worse than you would be trading. It’s an awful trade.

With that line of thinking no one is ever a cap dump. I’m not sure what narrative you’re referring to on CF as we’ve seen multiple cap dump trades the past year to disprove your speculation.

Helleson has had limited showings of production indicating top pairing upside so which is why some would say top 4 potential for him. Most don’t put too much stock into international tourney production for various reasons (sample size, scheme, chemistry, etc).

Your whole premise of evaluating the trade is that Johnson is a positive asset but nothing says he is. You don’t want to trade him, we get that but no one in their right mind (minus maybe Ken Holland) would trade assets for him,
Aug. 18, 2021 at 1:33 a.m.
With that line of thinking no one is ever a cap dump. I’m not sure what narrative you’re referring to on CF as we’ve seen multiple cap dump trades the past year to disprove your speculation.

Helleson has had limited showings of production indicating top pairing upside so which is why some would say top 4 potential for him. Most don’t put too much stock into international tourney production for various reasons (sample size, scheme, chemistry, etc).

Your whole premise of evaluating the trade is that Johnson is a positive asset but nothing says he is. You don’t want to trade him, we get that but no one in their right mind (minus maybe Ken Holland) would trade assets for him,

EJ was hurt last year that doesn’t put him into the category of a cap dump. Now I’ll readily admit if they wanted to move him to clear space that’s a different conversation because of the flat cap, but they don’t want to move him because when he is healthy again that’s an if he isn’t a dump he is a very solid dman that you can play in any situation and not be worried about him. I completely understand where you are coming from but understand where I’m coming from in the proposed trade. EJ healthy is significantly better than Stetcher, and Bertuzzi on the Avs is at best the 4th best winger and they aren’t using what limited draft capital they currently have one of their best prospects in Helleson and a prospect with middle 6 potential for that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll