SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Draft Class: 2014
Created By: nikel29
Published: Aug. 19, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Aug. 19, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Vrana > Dvorak, Schmaltz, Olofsson, Arvidsson, McCann, Bennett, Sanheim, Tuch, Fiala
Aug. 19, 2021 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: TZ11
Vrana > Dvorak, Schmaltz, Olofsson, Arvidsson, McCann, Bennett, Sanheim, Tuch, Fiala

Uhhh.. yeah, no. MAYBE you have an argument for McCann and Arvidsson.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: nikel29
Uhhh.. yeah, no. MAYBE you have an argument for McCann and Arvidsson.

If you seriously believe Bennett and Olofsson are better players than Vrana then you've just never watched Vrana or the other two. Olofsson has had two good seasons (but relies too much on power play and isn't that good at even strength) and Vrana has outperformed him in both. And played good in his 2.25 seasons before. Bennet can drive the play but he can't shoot and has had a far smaller impact than Vrana.

You can't really compare D men with Forwards so let's just not include Sanheim.

He's been better than Schmaltz, McCann, Arvidsson and Dvorak.

The only 2 I might consider to be better are Tuch and Fiala. But he's better than Tuch and equal or slightly worse than Fiala imo.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 9:35 p.m.

I watch the Red Wings the most, Leafs come in second and Capitals in third. I am more familiar with Vrana than the other players so I'm biased.

That said, I mostly agree. Vrana is so talented at the game that he makes scoring look easy playing on one of the worst teams in the nhl.
In my mind he's the most elite player on the Red Wings. Larkin is up there at center and if Seider plays well in the show he can be up there too.

In certain situations I can see other players being better or worse but I think the Red Wings got an extremely good deal on Vrana for 5.25M X 3 years.
Yzerman knows best but I'd like the term to be just a bit longer even if the price was higher; that's how much I believe in Vrana.
TZ11 liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
Bedard23

Maybe everyone but Fiala
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
Maybe everyone but Fiala

But he's better than Tuch and equal or slightly worse than Fiala imo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll