Forums/Armchair-GM

Eichel trade

Created by: GeauxPreds1
Team: 2021-22 Nashville Predators
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 20, 2021
Published: Aug. 20, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don’t really want to go after Eichel because I don’t think we’re in the position to compete and I know Buffalo will want our top prospects plus some 1st round picks. As a team that is in soft rebuild losing all that isn’t ideal. But i would still offered something if I’m poile and if teams are afraid to offer a lot because of his health maybe our offer is the best they get. So I offered 2 former 1st rounders (tolvenan and fabbro) a 1st a former 2nd round and 2nd a former 3rd and stock rising prospect in Pärssinen. It might not be a great offer but it’s the most I hope poile offers. You might get a team to offer you a top elite prospect but with his health being in question a lot of teams will be hesitant and that does drive his value down. Olofsson doesn’t have to be involved I just wanted to see the lines with him in the trade
Trades
BUF
  1. Afanasyev, Egor
  2. Campbell, Alexander [Reserve List]
  3. Fabbro, Dante
  4. Pärssinen, Juuso
  5. Tolvanen, Eeli [RFA Rights]
  6. 2022 2nd round pick (NSH)
  7. 2023 1st round pick (NSH)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$77,012,809$0$0$4,487,191
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$3,050,000$3,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 20, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Only good pieces here are Fabbro and Tolvanen. Rest is average or below.
Shibbal18 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 12:02 p.m.
Shibbal18
Definitely not enough for Buffalo to throw in Olofsson, Sabres dont need Fabbro. If teams are scared and wont offer fair price, Sabres waste his career and Bettman can deal with the fallout
Aug. 20, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Definitely not enough for Buffalo to throw in Olofsson, Sabres dont need Fabbro. If teams are scared and wont offer fair price, Sabres waste his career and Bettman can deal with the fallout

I don’t particularly want to pay the price for Eichel, so not too interested in bringing him to NSH. But why wouldn’t BUF have interest in Fabbro? He’s a young RFA RHD. BUF seems weak on RHD prospects, so he makes sense to me. Only other RHD of note is Jokiharju, and they just lost Borgen to SEA. Dahlin, Power, and Samuelson are all LHD.
gmgb liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 12:42 p.m.
terrible offer but you know it's a terrible offer.
corsiagainst liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
Hawks
Quoting: Sabresforlife
terrible offer but you know it's a terrible offer.

While I agree it's not the best. You may need to start preparing for the fact you may not get what you think out of him. If Salary get's retained, it could help, but word is out on this and the other teams have all the leverage. Unfortunately for you fans, the GM is playing the LONG waiting game to trade him. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. In this case, since he doesn't have much leverage in negotiations, he won't be able to get what you think he should. I don't see too many desperate GM's out there willing to make it happen.

Moreover, teams should have their star players back on issues like this. I bet the rest of the league... including OWEN POWER are taking note of this and will be much more reluctant on signing there.
I hate to say it, but Buffalo is still in for some hard times whether you like it or not. The key tell sign for me was the fact Owen Power is going back to school. Thats the sign that he doesn't want to play there. He gave up over $1 million to go back to Michigan.
gmgb, villenash and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: villenash
I don’t particularly want to pay the price for Eichel, so not too interested in bringing him to NSH. But why wouldn’t BUF have interest in Fabbro? He’s a young RFA RHD. BUF seems weak on RHD prospects, so he makes sense to me. Only other RHD of note is Jokiharju, and they just lost Borgen to SEA. Dahlin, Power, and Samuelson are all LHD.

The Sabres dont need anymore D prospects, if they wanted one they could have had multiple in the 1st 2 rounds. They need experienced guys as well, their entire d core is about to be under the age of 24. Especially when the return is Eichel. The Sabres biggest hole undoubtedly by a mile is their forward group, until they fix that everything other then forward prospects is filler
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: slapshot30003
While I agree it's not the best. You may need to start preparing for the fact you may not get what you think out of him. If Salary get's retained, it could help, but word is out on this and the other teams have all the leverage. Unfortunately for you fans, the GM is playing the LONG waiting game to trade him. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. In this case, since he doesn't have much leverage in negotiations, he won't be able to get what you think he should. I don't see too many desperate GM's out there willing to make it happen.

Moreover, teams should have their star players back on issues like this. I bet the rest of the league... including OWEN POWER are taking note of this and will be much more reluctant on signing there.
I hate to say it, but Buffalo is still in for some hard times whether you like it or not. The key tell sign for me was the fact Owen Power is going back to school. Thats the sign that he doesn't want to play there. He gave up over $1 million to go back to Michigan.

Sabres fans are literally prepared to watch him lose 5 years of his prime and that makes us excited. An offer full of unneeded spare parts doesnt compete with the feeling of taking away 5 of his best years and ruining his childhood dreams
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:27 p.m.
Lets go Preds

This is the exactly what I was gonna put and the point I was making. I couldn’t of said it any better. My offer is not the ideal offer that most Buffalo fans want and as I said it might get beat by several teams but with Eichels health and the fact that he might not be ready for the season and might be out for several months after the season teams have to be taking a step back. Plus most teams don’t have the 10 million in cap space so they will need to send salary back which makes it less likely to happen. I hope poile does reach out to Buffalo but i hope he doesn’t offer any more than this because of the ??. I think the longer the gm waits the less he gets
gmgb, villenash and slapshot30003 liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Sabres fans are literally prepared to watch him lose 5 years of his prime and that makes us excited. An offer full of unneeded spare parts doesnt compete with the feeling of taking away 5 of his best years and ruining his childhood dreams

Gms don’t think like fans though.
gmgb and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: GeauxPreds1

yes GMs also dont move star players for scraps, especially not after the ROR trade, unless pressured. But theres no pressure from us, theirs actually the opposite. If Adams wanted a $hit trade, he would have taken one of the plenty he had on the table, he knows the repercussions if he does though
Sabresforlife liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:39 p.m.
Lets go Preds
yes GMs also dont move star players for scraps, especially not after the ROR trade, unless pressured. But theres no pressure from us, theirs actually the opposite

2 former 1st rounders one who is already a young established top 4 defenseman and 1 who just scored at a 25 goal pace in 82 games in his first year isn’t really scraps plus a 1st but ok I get it they are not the elite prospect you’re wanting to get
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.

The Sabres literally wanted Power to go back to school. There is no point for him being here next year. They are trying to lose again. It is so short sighted to believe this is a slight against the Sabres. If the Sabres truly wanted him in the lineup next year he would be here.

Power will play the year in Michigan, log big minutes, play in every situation on a stacked team and go to World Juniors. Then after the NCAAs he will sign at the end of the season and get a few games in this year. Barring injury you will see Power in a sabres uni before the end of the year.

I get he's 1st overall and it may not seem normal, but then again what has normal been lately? no fans, covid, shortened season etc. We are not in normal times. Also, see Makar, Hughes, Werenski all as recent examples on D-man who went back to college after being drafted (Makar is somewhat of an outlier because he was drafted out of jrs.)

As far as the trade above goes, you would have to change the 2023 to a 2022 1st and include Svechkov to get the conversation started.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
The Sabres dont need anymore D prospects, if they wanted one they could have had multiple in the 1st 2 rounds. They need experienced guys as well, their entire d core is about to be under the age of 24. Especially when the return is Eichel. The Sabres biggest hole undoubtedly by a mile is their forward group, until they fix that everything other then forward prospects is filler

I wouldn’t call Fabbro a prospect.
GeauxPreds1 and gmgb liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Quoting: corsiagainst
The Sabres literally wanted Power to go back to school. There is no point for him being here next year. They are trying to lose again. It is so short sighted to believe this is a slight against the Sabres. If the Sabres truly wanted him in the lineup next year he would be here.

Power will play the year in Michigan, log big minutes, play in every situation on a stacked team and go to World Juniors. Then after the NCAAs he will sign at the end of the season and get a few games in this year. Barring injury you will see Power in a sabres uni before the end of the year.

I get he's 1st overall and it may not seem normal, but then again what has normal been lately? no fans, covid, shortened season etc. We are not in normal times. Also, see Makar, Hughes, Werenski all as recent examples on D-man who went back to college after being drafted (Makar is somewhat of an outlier because he was drafted out of jrs.)

As far as the trade above goes, you would have to change the 2023 to a 2022 1st and include Svechkov to get the conversation started.

Yea I get Buffalo wants to maximize its return trust me I do but I wouldn’t give up to much more than what I offered because of the health question marks. You might get a team to bite and give up a top elite prospect and 22 1st and that will be great for you guys I was just saying this is the most I would give up because of the ? marks and the fact that a lot teams might not want to put 10 million on their cap and give up a lot and Eichel not came back the same. There is definitely a risk there
corsiagainst liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
Shibbal18

Everyone: "The Sabres keep rushing their prospects, they have no time to develop"
Sabres: "Ok we want Power to go back to college to develop in a winning enviroment"
Everyone: 'LOL SaBrEs 1st OvErAlL pIcK wOnT eVeN pLaY fOr ThEm ThIs YeAr
Aug. 20, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Hawks

Listen, I would say Buffalo has the best fan base in the nhl. Someone please name one more loyal.
But unfortunately the organization has developed a bad reputation among players in the league and this Eichel thing has exploited that very publicly.
They really need to completely gut the organization and create a new culture.
It’s tough enough to get players to commit to Buffalo and other northern Canadian teams but then add that to the rumors of issues within the organization and that makes it easy to see players don’t want to go there.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 21, 2021 at 7:44 p.m.
Quoting: villenash
I don’t particularly want to pay the price for Eichel...
While I agree it's not the best...
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
I can read and I know Olofsson is not included.
None of Jacks salary is retained, this is good.
Jack is traded out of the east, this is good.
Five players who may be in the NHL.
While none of them are top line, teams get knocked out of the playoffs who do not have depth.
Parssinen, could be taken out without changing the trade. Buffalo does not need to add players to its roster.
Afanasyev, mid 6 forward appears to be his ceiling.
Fabbro, would certainly find a spot in the Buffalo line up, as a 2nd pairing or bottom pairing defenseman.
Campbell if he gets to the NHL, it would be as a bottom six forward.
Tolvanen certainly has potential to be a top six winger.
Please correct me if my evaluation is incorrect.
I sure hope a team would offer more.
Regardless, remove Parssinen as he do not add much value, make the 2022 2nd a 2022 first and I would make a deal.
I think it is safe to say nothing of significance was surrendered to bring in Jack, so it is highly likely that the picks will be very late.
Adding a RHD and RW piques my interest.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll