SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/San Jose Sharks

Thoughts on last nights dev camp scrimmage

Aug. 20, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Edited Aug. 21, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
1) Ozzy Wiesblatt is a really good hockey player. Talk about standing out. He's a sleeper to make the Sharks out of TC.

2) Artemi Kniazev is also a really good hockey player. A night that I expected Merkley to make a statement and Kniazev stole the show.

3) Eklund scored a couple nice ones (one in shootout). Ready? Hard to say.

4) Magnus Chrona was not a good hockey player last night. Shades of Martin Jones.

5) Having Knyzhov and Kniazev on the same team is going to annoy the crap out of play-by-play guys. "Kuh-nee-shov passes to Kuh-nee-yaz-ev"

5) Montana Onyebuchi can replace Kane's fighting skills but that's probably it.

6) Danil Gushchin has incredible hands, Datsyuk-lite if he improves his 2-way game.

7) Melnichuk looked pretty good. A year in NA did him some good.

8) Timofey Spitserov and Alex Young we're both surprisingly good. Also liked Linus Oberg's game.

That said, here is my desired lineup out of TC this year.

Kane - Until he is announced off the team, he is probably on it.

Someone had this moved to forums despite creating an actual lineup. Thanks to whatever moron decided that.
yikes, OutCold13, Frostyshark24 and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Thanks for the report!

I'll keep an eye out for Ozzie Wiesblatt.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Thanks for the report!

He was excellent. Ozzy is going to be a blast to watch.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 5:16 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Thanks for the report!

I highly doubt he'd make the NHL this year, what to look out for is the WJC team.
OldNYIfan, yikes and bunnymcfoo liked this.
Aug. 20, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Quoting: Klara
I highly doubt he'd make the NHL this year, what to look out for is the WJC team.

WHy I said 'sleeper'.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 21, 2021 at 10:51 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Thanks for the report!

Quoting: lilfimpen
WHy I said 'sleeper'.

I’d watch Gushchin - he’s really shining. Every month we hear more praise and say he’s gonna be slept on. Soon we have to just accept he’s a unreal prospect.

We all know Eklund, Bordeleau are projecting high - but we could be adding Gushchin and then Wiesblatt to that. Wiesblatt more of a complimentary piece but Gushchin could really be a high end piece.
OldNYIfan and OutCold13 liked this.
Aug. 21, 2021 at 1:02 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Quoting: yikes
I’d watch Gushchin - he’s really shining. Every month we hear more praise and say he’s gonna be slept on. Soon we have to just accept he’s a unreal prospect.

We all know Eklund, Bordeleau are projecting high - but we could be adding Gushchin and then Wiesblatt to that. Wiesblatt more of a complimentary piece but Gushchin could really be a high end piece.

Like I said for Gushchin, Datsyuk lite. He is silky smooth and creative. If he can improve defensively and I think that won't be too hard for him as his hockey sense is thru the roof then I think he has top six potential and maybe even top line potential. Gushchin is the kind of player that makes losing someone like Meier or Hertl almost acceptable if he develops well.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 8:03 p.m.
oh how i suffer

he was invited to Canada's camp over the summer but for some reason didn't attend. I can't find any information as to why not and I have looked. :/
Aug. 31, 2021 at 8:06 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Quoting: bunnymcfoo
he was invited to Canada's camp over the summer but for some reason didn't attend. I can't find any information as to why not and I have looked. :/

Hasn’t he been in SJ all summer? Staying with Mario.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
oh how i suffer
Hasn’t he been in SJ all summer? Staying with Mario.

Yeah, he has been, and he may have had issues with COVID protocols or felt that his time was better spent training in San Jose with the Sharks' resources.

It's just that I'm just insatiably curious (*cough*nosy*cough*) about these things and want a definitive answer!
Aug. 31, 2021 at 9:24 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Yeah, he has been, and he may have had issues with COVID protocols or felt that his time was better spent training in San Jose with the Sharks' resources.

It's just that I'm just insatiably curious (*cough*nosy*cough*) about these things and want a definitive answer!

Ozzy will be a strong player for us but he'll have a hard time cracking this roster.

Guenther Byfield Foerster
Perfetti Wright Perreault
Sillinger Lapierre Jarvis
Johnson Greig Foudy
Aug. 31, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
oh how i suffer
Ozzy will be a strong player for us but he'll have a hard time cracking this roster.

Guenther Byfield Foerster
Perfetti Wright Perreault
Sillinger Lapierre Jarvis
Johnson Greig Foudy

Oh, not arguing that. Canada's definitely spoiled for choice - but it's also worth noting that a couple of those guys will most likely be playing in the AHL next year.
lilfimpen liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 12:05 a.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Oh, not arguing that. Canada's definitely spoiled for choice - but it's also worth noting that a couple of those guys will most likely be playing in the AHL next year.

Fair point.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll