Players I could see exceeding their draft position

Players I could see exceeding their draft position

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: BruinsFan35
Published: Aug. 25, 2021 at 9:18 a.m.
Description
In order of where they were selected
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Original draft Position:7.Could be the top player in the draft. Elite skater and playmaking skills. A menace with the puck on his stick. Could be a top player in a few years.
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Original draft Position: 15. Formerly considered a top 10 pick prior to this season. Had a strong season this year despite falling a little. Could prove to be a strong top six winger in the future.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Original draft Position: 19.Best goalie in the draft. Could prove to be the best player in the entire class. Still can’t believe that he wasn’t the first goalie off the board.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Original draft Position: 20. Like Othmann, Lysell was considered a top prospect in this class prior to the season starting, and fell despite a strong season. He could prove to be a late first round steal.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Original draft Position: 34. Overager that had a dominant year this past season. Could be a steal
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Josh Doan (+31 )
Original draft Position:36. Another top overager that had a dominant year and is off to college this year. I think he’ll prove his worthiness of a second round pick with a strong year this year.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Original draft Position:37. Had a great year in one of the top leagues in the world. Can’t believe he fell out of the first round.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Original draft Position: 39. Extreme boom or bust potential that I believe could be the steal of the draft with his game breaking ability.
9Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksOriginal draft Position:47. Missed all of last year but was considered a first round talent prior to this year. He could prove that he deserved a spot in the first round when he plays again this season.
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
Aatu Räty (+42 )
Original draft Position: 51. Do I need to explain this one?
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
J.J. Moser (+48 )
Original draft Position: 59. Arguably the best overager player in this class, Moser could dominate the AHL this year if given the opportunity
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Original draft Position: 60. Incredible skater that will shine in the NCAA this year
14Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersOriginal draft Position:65. A complete offensive package that should have been a top 20 pick.
15Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Dallas StarsOriginal draft Position:71. Steady defensive dman that was highly touted prior to this year.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Original draft Position:84. Was considered a late first rounder headed into this year, but a lack of ice time and heading overseas to play dropped his stock significantly. Still, he played well when given the opportunity.
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Original draft Position:88. Do it all defenseman that should have been a late first consideration
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Original draft Position:95. Big smooth skating defensive defenseman that could be the next Brandon Carlo.
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-Original draft Position:97. Overager that had a great year in the NCAA.
20Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Edmonton OilersOriginal draft Position:101. Not given much ice time in a pro league, Brabenec showed his upside when given the opportunity playing with players his own age
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-Original draft Position:105. Big physical winger with a cannon of a shot and deceptive hands.
22Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Minnesota WildOriginal draft Position:111. Giant goalie with underrated quickness and agility. Could be in the same mold as Corey Crawford.
23Logo of the Dallas StarsLogo of the Washington CapitalsOriginal draft Position:145. Dynamic offensive talent that was bounced around throughout the year. The overaged winger could prove to be a prolific scorer.
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-Original draft Position:154 solid skating defenseman that uses his stick well. Should have been a second round pick.
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsOriginal draft Position:202. Big two way center that played well in limited minutes in the KHL. Should be able to light up the stat sheet with more ice time.
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsOriginal draft Position:212. Big physical center that was overshadowed by an always strong NTDP roster. Should prove his offensive upside if given the opportunity this year in the NCAA
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
Ty Gallagher (+190 )
Original draft Position:216.
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Original draft Position:223. Wicked shot and not afraid to throw his weight around, Huuhtanen should have been gone in the 3-5 round range
29Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
Travis Treloar
Top Undrafted
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Florian Elias
Top Undrafted
31Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Ryan St Louis
Top Undrafted
32Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Ethan Straky
Top Undrafted
Aug. 25, 2021 at 9:21 a.m.
im curious how long this took to make
Aug. 25, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Quoting: JG1972

Like 5 minutes. Of course the draft guide I made where I has information about all of these guys took about a month to make. Posted about it a while ago
Aug. 25, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
dls9
Love the commentary. Players I would add to this list:

Logan Stankoven. I think size held his pick back but I believe he'll be an Elite top 6 sniper.
Aug. 25, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Quoting: dls9

Logan Stankoven. I think size held his pick back but I believe he'll be an Elite top 6 sniper.

I like Stankoven as well. Solid skater, good hands, versatility as a right winger or a center. He could be here too.
Aug. 25, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Can u make a draft thats the opposite of this?
Aug. 25, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
68. Samu Salminen, C

Pick of the draft right here.
Aug. 25, 2021 at 3:02 p.m.
Edited Aug. 25, 2021 at 3:10 p.m.
This is, as was the 2022 Mock Draft, a great post. I obviously really like the inclusion of Pastujov. I think he'll make many GM's regret not picking him because of his skating. The situation kinda reminds me of Jason Robertson. I think Zellweger could be on here as well. Excellent skater, good passing and solid defensively. A great pick at 33/34 imo.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2021 at 6:40 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11
This is, as was the 2022 Mock Draft, a great post. I obviously really like the inclusion of Pastujov. I think he'll make many GM's regret not picking him because of his skating. The situation kinda reminds me of Jason Robertson. I think Zellweger could be on here as well. Excellent skater, good passing and solid defensively. A great pick at 33/34 imo.

I really like Zellweger as well, and I think he’ll be a great NHLer sooner than some of the guys above him. But I had him ranked in the 30-35 range, so I didn’t include him here
Sep. 29, 2021 at 11:50 a.m.

Looks like the rashevsky comment may have been truer than even I thought
Oct. 25, 2021 at 9:45 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsFan35
Looks like the rashevsky comment may have been truer than even I thought

Gosh, he should have been top of the list
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Gosh, he should have been top of the list

Gasseau and Eklund too. I got lucky with my predictions
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 8:50 a.m.
Matvei Petrov was drafted #180 (6th round) and is 8, 5-5-10 in the OHL so far. With his size and skill he's a lock to outperform his draft position.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 8:16 p.m.

Quoting: dls9

Quoting: NHLfan10506
68. Samu Salminen, C

Pick of the draft right here.

Quoting: TZ11

Quoting: CD282
Matvei Petrov was drafted #180 (6th round) and is 8, 5-5-10 in the OHL so far. With his size and skill he's a lock to outperform his draft position.

This aged fairly well lol
Jun. 1, 2022 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsFan35
This aged fairly well lol

What are you referring to?
Jun. 1, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
What are you referring to?

The player list. Just quoted the posts to get everyone’s attention who commented originally
CD282 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 7:41 p.m.
Joshua Roy disrespect frown

edit: just realized this was made in august nvm
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
Joshua Roy disrespect frown

edit: just realized this was made in august nvm

I missed a few, but for a post before the preseason, not too bad I think
nickthehabsfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register