$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 30, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
This aint nhl21 franchise mode
CMcAvoy73 and Gofnut999 liked this.
Aug. 30, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Sweeney says “i want to be fired” is more like it.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 30, 2021 at 4:04 p.m.
Bruins fan
Big overpay
Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: KennyBoi
This aint nhl21 franchise mode
Quoting: Gofnut999
Sweeney says “i want to be fired” is more like it.
Quoting: Skull_King
Big overpay
Thanks for your comments.
Here is how I see the trade:
Moore and Wagner are cap casualties and DeBrusk is added for cap reduction as well but as payment for taking Moore and Wagner.
Lysell, is the most valuable asset going to Buffalo. He could be in the NHL in two years.
Studnicka, was drafted four years ago and has 22 games and 4 NHL points under his belt.
Contrast that with Mittelstadt who was drafted the same year who has 155 games and 61 points and Kotkaniemi who was drafted a year later than Studnicka and he has 171 NHL games and 62 points.
Are we suppose to believe that he will be as good as either of them?
Vaakanainen, has yet to break into the Bruin line up was also drafted in 2017.
Miller, Carlo, Kampfer , Clifton, Reilly, Lauzon, Zboril all play ahead of him, how many of them are marginal NHL defensemen?
2022 1st round pick (BOS) hopefully will be the last pick of the first round.

The way I view this trade, Boston is giving up three cap dumps (maybe DeBrusk will turn it around but on the depth chart he is Boston's 4th LW)-
One decent not great prospect, two 22 yo prospects (who may never be regular NHL players) and a very late first round pick.
How much longer will 33 yo Marchand and 36 yo Bergeron be in the NHL?
The window is getting smaller, get Jack now and the Bruins will have 6 good top forwards, the three mentioned with Hall, Ritchie, and Pasternak.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Quoting: Bostonbruins
Thanks for your comments.
Here is how I see the trade:
Moore and Wagner are cap casualties and DeBrusk is added for cap reduction as well but as payment for taking Moore and Wagner.
Lysell, is the most valuable asset going to Buffalo. He could be in the NHL in two years.
Studnicka, was drafted four years ago and has 22 games and 4 NHL points under his belt.
Contrast that with Mittelstadt who was drafted the same year who has 155 games and 61 points and Kotkaniemi who was drafted a year later than Studnicka and he has 171 NHL games and 62 points.
Are we suppose to believe that he will be as good as either of them?
Vaakanainen, has yet to break into the Bruin line up was also drafted in 2017.
Miller, Carlo, Kampfer , Clifton, Reilly, Lauzon, Zboril all play ahead of him, how many of them are marginal NHL defensemen?
2022 1st round pick (BOS) hopefully will be the last pick of the first round.

The way I view this trade, Boston is giving up three cap dumps (maybe DeBrusk will turn it around but on the depth chart he is Boston's 4th LW)-
One decent not great prospect, two 22 yo prospects (who may never be regular NHL players) and a very late first round pick.
How much longer will 33 yo Marchand and 36 yo Bergeron be in the NHL?
The window is getting smaller, get Jack now and the Bruins will have 6 good top forwards, the three mentioned with Hall, Ritchie, and Pasternak.

Debrusk is neither a cap dump or 4th on LW depth chart.

Beyond that…it’s 7 assets for a guy who may never play again. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If he does he may never be the same. And a 10m cap hit with Bergy, Mac, Rask to sign for next year and Pasta after that.

Not saying it’s an overpay….it isn’t. It’s just a bad idea until after he’s had the surgery and see where he’s at.

I think he ends up in Montreal at this point. They let KK walk, dump Drouin, and trade for Eichel.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Debrusk is neither a cap dump or 4th on LW depth chart.
Go to https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/bruins tell me where DeBrusk fits?
I said he DeBrusk had value as he was added for taking on the Moore and Wagner.

Beyond that…it’s 7 assets for a guy who may never play again. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If he does he may never be the same. And a 10m cap hit with Bergy, Mac, Rask to sign for next year and Pasta after that.
Seven assets, Buffalo offers Kyle Okposo, Jeff Skinner (40 goal season on his resume), Colin Miller, Arttu Ruotsalainen (more goals and pts than Studnicka), Ryan Johnson (first round pick), Erik Portillo (awarded the USHL’s Goaltender of the Year award after posting a .915 save percentage in his rookie year.) and 2022 2nd round pick for Pasternak.
You cannot be serious to say Moore and Wagner are assets. Buffalo may be willing retain but I think Boston would need to add.

Not saying it’s an overpay….it isn’t. It’s just a bad idea until after he’s had the surgery and see where he’s at.
Here is the deal, please read was is the recommend treatment for a herniated neck disc. Rehabilitation and pain medication.
It is Jack's surgeon who thinks surgery should be performed.

I think he ends up in Montreal at this point. They let KK walk, dump Drouin, and trade for Eichel.
You could be correct, from what I have seen on this site, the offers are better than this.
But what will Boston be in 2 years, Pastenak, Hall and McAvoy.
The window is closing, we need to make a move now.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 12:13 p.m.
Edited Aug. 31, 2021 at 12:43 p.m.

Debrusk is LW3. CF has Nosek at C3 0n their depth chart. That is not happening. 3rd line is Debrusk-Haula-Foligno. Nosek is lesser version of Kuraly.

The rest of that statement is mostly garbage.

Also…Eichel is good…not God. Yes point a game centers do not grow on trees. But he’s below average defensively and at the faceoff circle, has a bit of selfishness, questions about his character. Clearly does not work well with Hall who would be paired with again.

Let’s stop acting like he’s a top 5 center and top 10 player in the league. He isn’t. There are 4 guys on the B’s alone that i’d rather have as a GM and that is just 1 team.

There are other options that come with far less risk, less cost.

Yes it some point they will have to address C1 long term. Does not have to be today,
Aug. 31, 2021 at 12:51 p.m.
Edited Aug. 31, 2021 at 7:27 p.m.
Debrusk is LW3.
Fine LW3 if you wish. that does not change what I said, he is added to make up for the salary dumps of Wagner and Moore. Can you not agree to anything? I said he had value! Is it against your nature to agree with anything?
The rest of that statement is mostly garbage.
No it is not garbage, seven assets that have low value is a fact that you have to argue against.
The recommended treatment of a herniated neck disc is rehabilitation and pain medication, that is a fact not garbage.
I guess it must also be garbage that I agreed with you that Jack would most likely go to Montreal?

Also…Eichel is good…not God. Yes point a game centers do not grow on trees. But he’s below average defensively and at the faceoff circle, has a bit of selfishness, questions about his character. Clearly does not work well with Hall who would be paired with again.
Well he should not be with Hall and that was stupidity on Krueger. They are both playmakers, then to add Reinhart to that line was insane.
Maybe Boston makes a third line like Pittsburg with Kessel.
Put Eichel on the line with Ritchie and Smith. As well as they played last year, Eichel will make them better.
Hall can carry his own line with Coyle at center.
I think his defense had improved dramatically, you may be correct on the selfishness (this whole herniated disc is an example), certainly correct about faceoffs.

Let’s stop acting like he’s a top 5 center and top 10 player in the league. He isn’t. There are 4 guys on the B’s alone that i’d rather have as a GM and that is just 1 team.
In two years two of them are gone. The window is closing. Boston is not giving up pure gold here to get a pt/gm center who makes his wingers look better.
There are other options that come with far less risk, less cost.

Marchand Bergeron Pasternak
Haula Eichel Smith
Hall Coyle Foligno
I know Tampa is good but I will match that top nine with anyteam.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
Edited Aug. 31, 2021 at 6:27 p.m.
Haula Eichel Smith
Hall Coyle Foligno
Sep. 1, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
Edited Sep. 1, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
Haula Eichel Smith
Hall Coyle Foligno

That top 9 would be as good as any in the league.

As far as TB goes, the problem is they have the best goalie in the league and probably the best d corp in the league in front of him. Still much better team.

You keep talking about 2 years from now and windows . You have no idea what 2 years from now will bring. 2 years ago did you think Hall would be a Bruin and DK, Krug, and Rask would not? What if Barkov does not extend and tests FA and Boston signs him without giving up an asset to do it? Or they land a pair of quality free agents? What if Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Harrison exceed expectations? You act like everyone that could potentially leave won’t be replaced and there will just be a giant hole in the roster. Players come and go all the time.

Funny thing about windows…they close. Can’t keep them open forever. Sometimes the harder you try the more damage you do.

Bottom line. Buffalo does not take this. Lysell a late 1st a bunch of mediocre pieces and a cap dump is not that interesting to them. And under the current set of circumstances Boston should not do it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
gretzkyghosts and Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.

As far as TB goes, the problem is they have the best goalie in the league and probably the best d corp in the league in front of him. Still much better team.

You keep talking about 2 years from now and windows . You have no idea what 2 years from now will bring. 2 years ago did you think Hall would be a Bruin and DK, Krug, and Rask would not? What if Barkov does not extend and tests FA and Boston signs him without giving up an asset to do it? Or they land a pair of quality free agents? What if Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Harrison exceed expectations? You act like everyone that could potentially leave won’t be replaced and there will just be a giant hole in the roster. Players come and go all the time.

Funny thing about windows…they close. Can’t keep them open forever. Sometimes the harder you try the more damage you do.

Bottom line. Buffalo does not take this. Lysell a late 1st a bunch of mediocre pieces and a cap dump is not that interesting to them. And under the current set of circumstances Boston should not do it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
yup Buffalo would not take this.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 11:59 a.m.

I see your point.
No one can predict the future, but IMO it pretty obvious that Krug would leave, Rask IMO started to lose it when the Blues won 3 games in Boston (in Boston!), and DK is the same vintage as Bergeron.
But you make a very good point that Boston is not giving up as much as other teams, but it is a decent offer.
In reality, Buffalo would be crazy to accept this offer.
But we can look at the bright side.
Go to https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2020-2021%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Avg+Shot+Dist&reportdata_length=30
Boston defense knows how to prevent the dangerous shots, see how TR has the highest average shot distance.
Next go to: 2021 https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2020-2021%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Shots+31%2Bft&reportdata_length=30 Ullmark had a top ten SV% on shots over 31 feet.
Even better go to https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2019-2020%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Shots+31%2Bft&reportdata_length=30 in 2019-'20 Ullmark had the second best SV% on shots beyond 30 feet.
Add together how Boston prevents dangerous shots, and how well Ullmark can stop them, we may be looking at the best GK in Boston next year.

Adding Eichel would really frost the Buffalo fans to lose Eichel and Ullmark to the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions.
It could happen especially with Eichel playing for his home town team.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 12:33 p.m.
I see your point.
No one can predict the future, but IMO it pretty obvious that Krug would leave, Rask IMO started to lose it when the Blues won 3 games in Boston (in Boston!), and DK is the same vintage as Bergeron.
But you make a very good point that Boston is not giving up as much as other teams, but it is a decent offer.
In reality, Buffalo would be crazy to accept this offer.
But we can look at the bright side.
Go to https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2020-2021%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Avg+Shot+Dist&reportdata_length=30
Boston defense knows how to prevent the dangerous shots, see how TR has the highest average shot distance.
Next go to: 2021 https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2020-2021%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Shots+31%2Bft&reportdata_length=30 Ullmark had a top ten SV% on shots over 31 feet.
Even better go to https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Goalies&team=ALL&rookie=All&mingp=020&period=2019-2020%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Shots+31%2Bft&reportdata_length=30 in 2019-'20 Ullmark had the second best SV% on shots beyond 30 feet.
Add together how Boston prevents dangerous shots, and how well Ullmark can stop them, we may be looking at the best GK in Boston next year.

Adding Eichel would really frost the Buffalo fans to lose Eichel and Ullmark to the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions.
It could happen especially with Eichel playing for his home town team.

Even with 100% Eichel TB still a better team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least with a 10m per deal should not have to worry about allegations of tanking an SCF to pay off gambling debt like in college. Then again…Evander Kane. Regardless not the type of character i’d want on my team.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.
Even with 100% Eichel TB still a better team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least with a 10m per deal should not have to worry about allegations of tanking an SCF to pay off gambling debt like in college. Then again…Evander Kane. Regardless not the type of character i’d want on my team.

I do not know why I looked back at this, but this is beyond a doubt one of the best most civil conversations I ever had on Cap Friendly.
Thank you for a great conversation.
I think in retrospect, Buffalo will end up with a small return.
You are correct this is a small return, and Buffalo will most likely get even less than this.
Let me close, I think Boston GK just may match up really well against Tampa's.
Swayman rocked the 10 games he was with Boston last year and over his career Ullmark has been really good at stopping the longer shots.
The Boston defense will clear the rebounds and give him a clear look at the longer shots.
Buffalo buggered by letting Ullmark walk.
Gofnut999 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll