UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Eichel trade
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 1, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: NYR1983
While in real life 4 quarters make a dollar and is equivalent, we all agree that it’s not the same in sports. All these pieces likely will never amount to a JE. However, the value here is great, there’s like 6-8 quarters worth to the JE dollar bill. The problem I see is a bunch of these guys aren’t going to fit BUF today or down the road. Those guys need to be flipped again which is dumb. But, all those picks could become players that are slightly under JE quality. We know how late Pasta, Kuch, Point, etc went and they very well could find some gems making this trade look terrible for BOS.

So - the expected value of a 24th overall pick exists. Even with the players you mentioned though, you need like 10+ of them to get a player of Jack Eichels quality. 3-4 is nothing. Like grab 5 random numbers between 20 and 30, check who were drafted in those spots 2012-16 or something. I'm sure you'll find that those 6-8 quarters are in fact nickels if you look closely.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
It is such a pleasure to hear words of wisdom on this site.
You mention O'Reilly to the Blues.
When the trade was made, nearly every pundit thought it was a good deal for both teams.

On January first after the trade the Blues were so excited with the trade, they were discussing breaking up the team at the TDL.
Six months later they are holding the cup.

But you also mentioned the Thornton trade.
In past 15 years or so, I would say Boston has lost three trades by wide margins.
Of course the Thornton deal, but what do they have to show for Wheeler and Seguin?
About the same as the Sabres have from losing Kane, O'Reilly and Lehner.
Three players that the Sabres gave up multiple picks and former first round picks to obtain.
Now have Thompson to show for all of those trades.

I could even add Kessel to the Boston ledger.
Initially it looked as Boston won the trade by a wide margin getting Seguin and Hamilton, but where are they now?
While Kessel got to hoist two cups.

So for Buffalo the past 10 years they have lost both ends of the trades.
When they got the best player in the deal and when they traded that player away.

Boston on the other hand, trades away great players and still manages to be in cup contention every year.
Buffalo is the laughing stock of the league now, it all started when Pegula took over the team.

I imagine when the dust settles the Sabres will have bucket of pucks to show for trading Reinhart, Ristolainen and Eichel.
The same one Boston has for trading away, Thornton, Wheeler and Kessel.

The difference is Buffalo has practice puck, while Boston pucks are from the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Yeah. I do think there are a lot of difficult concepts in here to grapple with as well. On O'Reilly for example, I just disagreed with popular opinion even then. Stl was shafted by goaltending for a while when they were playing pretty well and I created mocks trading Mittelstadt for Tarasenko - how crazy would that have been. But no, instead the typical defensive fan goes "my prospect will become great, no player I could trade for is as good" until the trade actually happens and then they flip.

And this brings me to my next point, cause you lay it out really well. The Bruins have made TERRIBLE decisions, potentially more than any winning franchise this millenium (although Chicago comes to mind). But they've been lucky. And I'm the first fan to recognize that. The front office of the team I prefer makes terrible decisions. Getting Dougie and Seguin? No thanks, I'll flip that for more senseless mid-round picks, think I won big in Brandon Carlo, and in reality let the same core players we got lucky with picking late in the first, in the second and in the 3rd round carry the team.

And one has to remember - even if there are Brad Marchands, or more recently Brayden Points or whatever past the first round, or players like Pasta late in the second;
NOBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE. IF THEY DID THEY WOULDNT GO IN THE 2-3RD ROUNDS.
Like this is not a consistent strategy. If you over time accumulate, or trade aging players or for bad contracts, you can gather enough to make it likely at least some turn into NHLers. Arizona might have something to show for their like 8 3rd rounders next year, but Buffalo probably won't for giving up Taylor Hall.

BUT, I was really appreciated with what they got for Ristolainen. Good on them.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 5:42 p.m.
Quoting: MelonVK
Yeah. I do think there are a lot of difficult concepts in here to grapple with as well. On O'Reilly for example, I just disagreed with popular opinion even then. Stl was shafted by goaltending for a while when they were playing pretty well and I created mocks trading Mittelstadt for Tarasenko - how crazy would that have been. But no, instead the typical defensive fan goes "my prospect will become great, no player I could trade for is as good" until the trade actually happens and then they flip.

And this brings me to my next point, cause you lay it out really well. The Bruins have made TERRIBLE decisions, potentially more than any winning franchise this millenium (although Chicago comes to mind). But they've been lucky. And I'm the first fan to recognize that. The front office of the team I prefer makes terrible decisions. Getting Dougie and Seguin? No thanks, I'll flip that for more senseless mid-round picks, think I won big in Brandon Carlo, and in reality let the same core players we got lucky with picking late in the first, in the second and in the 3rd round carry the team.

And one has to remember - even if there are Brad Marchands, or more recently Brayden Points or whatever past the first round, or players like Pasta late in the second;
NOBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE. IF THEY DID THEY WOULDNT GO IN THE 2-3RD ROUNDS.
Like this is not a consistent strategy. If you over time accumulate, or trade aging players or for bad contracts, you can gather enough to make it likely at least some turn into NHLers. Arizona might have something to show for their like 8 3rd rounders next year, but Buffalo probably won't for giving up Taylor Hall.

BUT, I was really appreciated with what they got for Ristolainen. Good on them.
We can moan about poor drafts even more my friend.
Tim Murray the GM I love to hate the most.
He past on Draisaitl and took Reinhart, and past on Sergachev and took Nylander.
At least Reinhart appears to have developed finally, but Nylander is good AHL player.
Then Sweeny passing on Barzal, not once, not twice, but three times to pick DeBrusk, Senyshyn and Zboril.

I think we are pretty much in agreement on this trade, it is an over payment, DeBrusk will bounce back but in the end Buffalo will have more practice pucks, while Boston will be in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

Give me your feed back.
I do not like Hall and Eichel on the same line.
I think Cassidy should keep he Bergeron line together
Marchand Bergeron Pasternak
Haula Eichel Smith
Hall Coyle Foligno
Hall and Eichel do not need each other to play well they make their line mates play better.
Bostonbruins and GMTD liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
So - the expected value of a 24th overall pick exists. Even with the players you mentioned though, you need like 10+ of them to get a player of Jack Eichels quality. 3-4 is nothing. Like grab 5 random numbers between 20 and 30, check who were drafted in those spots 2012-16 or something. I'm sure you'll find that those 6-8 quarters are in fact nickels if you look closely.

So you’re telling me Jack Eichel is worth more than Kuch, Point and Pasta combined?

While I can give credit to you not over valuing your players I do question your valuing of Jack Eichel. He’s far from McJesus value. Like not top 20 in the league.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 7:09 p.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
We can moan about poor drafts even more my friend.
Tim Murray the GM I love to hate the most.
He past on Draisaitl and took Reinhart, and past on Sergachev and took Nylander.
At least Reinhart appears to have developed finally, but Nylander is good AHL player.
Then Sweeny passing on Barzal, not once, not twice, but three times to pick DeBrusk, Senyshyn and Zboril.

I think we are pretty much in agreement on this trade, it is an over payment, DeBrusk will bounce back but in the end Buffalo will have more practice pucks, while Boston will be in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

Give me your feed back.
I do not like Hall and Eichel on the same line.
I think Cassidy should keep he Bergeron line together
Marchand Bergeron Pasternak
Haula Eichel Smith
Hall Coyle Foligno
Hall and Eichel do not need each other to play well they make their line mates play better.

Yeah GM's actively trying to outbrain themselves is probably the most frustrating aspect to watch as a fan. Like you have 3 picks. You can pick the guy and get two guys you sneakily like.

I cautiously agree in the sense that you can get better deals - like half of that package should easily land you a Hertl who'd be amazing on this Bruins team. But again, if you push me on it, especially with Grzlcyk replaced by Carlo or so, I'd pull the trigger. But yeah, Grzlcyk and DeBrusk aren't just any throw-ins. I was gonna say DeBrusk probably wasn't that bad of a pick in that spot even in hindsight - Barzal is good but Connor that a lot of people would've liked there is overrated imo, but then I realized what a crazy draft that was.

Honestly I'd specialize them more. Eichel and Pasta for the O-zone starts /and Eichel carrying pucks if necessary) and Hall with the defensive duo to have one of the best puck winners along with two of the best guys going the other way. My biggest issue though isnt where anyone of them plays really though, its seeing Haula anywhere in that lineup. He'll cause me so much frustration this season.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 7:19 p.m.
Watches no games
So you’re telling me Jack Eichel is worth more than Kuch, Point and Pasta combined?

While I can give credit to you not over valuing your players I do question your valuing of Jack Eichel. He’s far from McJesus value. Like not top 20 in the league.

My point is that you're still incredibly unlikely to get either of them. You're picking 3 guys who went between like 200 others. Pasta was picked 25th in that draft - let's see who went in that spot the drafts before and after:

2015 - Jack Roslovic (alright, good start)
2016 - Riley Tufte (literally who)
2017 - Ryan Poehling (what does he make, 750k?)

2013 - Michael McCarron (oh)
2012 - Jordan Schmaltz (wait, he is a guy, isn't he?)
2011 - Stuart Percy (not convinced he is real)

Wana see 58th and 79th for Kucherov and Point? It's not gonna look pretty, I'm pretty sure.

My point was never that these guys don't provide insane value. My point is that you have an incredibly low chance at getting that value.
Sep. 1, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
My point is that you're still incredibly unlikely to get either of them. You're picking 3 guys who went between like 200 others. Pasta was picked 25th in that draft - let's see who went in that spot the drafts before and after:

2015 - Jack Roslovic (alright, good start)
2016 - Riley Tufte (literally who)
2017 - Ryan Poehling (what does he make, 750k?)

2013 - Michael McCarron (oh)
2012 - Jordan Schmaltz (wait, he is a guy, isn't he?)
2011 - Stuart Percy (not convinced he is real)

Wana see 58th and 79th for Kucherov and Point? It's not gonna look pretty, I'm pretty sure.

My point was never that these guys don't provide insane value. My point is that you have an incredibly low chance at getting that value.

I’m not saying they are guaranteed studs, but for a team that’s rebuilding and isn’t getting better offers or even close to this offer..no team should ever let go of a JE, issue here is BUF really can’t keep him justifiably. It’s a messed up situation is all.
Sep. 2, 2021 at 1:12 a.m.
Watches no games
I’m not saying they are guaranteed studs, but for a team that’s rebuilding and isn’t getting better offers or even close to this offer..no team should ever let go of a JE, issue here is BUF really can’t keep him justifiably. It’s a messed up situation is all.

Yeah but the discussion is if the trade is fair in its purest sense?

My point was any team giving up a bunch of late firsts for Eichel is going to come winning out of that equation unless the other team has an insane stroke of luck, and you can't really assume that. I'm saying *even* if this is the price, someone should already have paid up for Eichel. My biggest issue here is still Grzlcyk who you probably won't replace easily, but this *type* of package should still be fine.
Sep. 2, 2021 at 9:28 a.m.
Banned
So you didn't read my first part of the sentenece? regardless what you think the market value is, you're a better team in the present and future after trading for him

"You"? Im not a bruins fan lol

And no, they bruins are ****ed if they make this trade lol, this is not a good trade for the bruins, and they would reject immediately
Sep. 2, 2021 at 10:14 a.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: LogicOnly
"You"? Im not a bruins fan lol

And no, they bruins are ****ed if they make this trade lol, this is not a good trade for the bruins, and they would reject immediately

You're an in "you're better off" making this trade. I disagree with your sentiment. Also, I am a Bruins fan.
Sep. 2, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Banned
You're an in "you're better off" making this trade. I disagree with your sentiment. Also, I am a Bruins fan.

What you said just now made no sense

bruins reject 1000 times

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit