$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 31, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
“Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”
-Steven Tyler of Aerosmith
Aug. 31, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.
No chance the Jets give up that much for a rental they don't need.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
No chance the Jets give up that much for a rental they don't need.

thats why i wrote in to sign him to an extension. Hertl is bloody good. If the jets wouldnt give up copp, who they can't afford, Lowry, who is a long term depth piece who's contract could be cumbersome while the jets are up against the cap, and logan stanley, a replaceable LD with Heinola and Samberg waiting in the wings, then chevy is off his rocker.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:04 p.m.
jimmyjets
I think Hertl has 3 teams he can be traded to and it's unlikely he chooses to come to Winnipeg.

We also can't afford the extension for him and PLD.

I think Hertl is great, can play C or RW which we need but I don't think he's a fit here. Maybe to Montreal if they don't match on KK or to Carolina if they do match on KK???
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: jimmyjets
I think Hertl has 3 teams he can be traded to and it's unlikely he chooses to come to Winnipeg.

We also can't afford the extension for him and PLD.

I think Hertl is great, can play C or RW which we need but I don't think he's a fit here. Maybe to Montreal if they don't match on KK or to Carolina if they do match on KK???

i totally agree on the fact that he wouldn't come here. i would need to look into the future to see what can be done regarding his extension as well as dubois', but i would hope that cleaning up some of the depth deals would give way to sign both dubois and hertl. at very worst im sure you could find someone to take on wheelers contract.

Hertl is very very good, and at a 7M deal would be an incredible steal imo
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
asdwdasd.PNG
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Quoting: nhlchunky
thats why i wrote in to sign him to an extension. Hertl is bloody good. If the jets wouldnt give up copp, who they can't afford, Lowry, who is a long term depth piece who's contract could be cumbersome while the jets are up against the cap, and logan stanley, a replaceable LD with Heinola and Samberg waiting in the wings, then chevy is off his rocker.

Being able to sign Hertl to an extension doesn't make him any more valuable. He's still a rental when he comes over and that's a crazy price for a rental. Hertl is okay, but not needed. The Jets are set at center.

The Jets also just signed Lowry to an extension and along with Copp they form 2/3 of Winnipeg's excellent shut down line. Trading players away right after they have recently committed to the team just isn't something True North does.

No GM that is competent is going to trade 3 roster players that help make Winnipeg's biggest weakness, defense, better to pick up a player that is a luxury to make their already good offense slightly better.

I'd prefer Chevy build a team that is hard to play against and can win, than just try to collect as much talent as he can and ignore building a good team.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: Klara
asdwdasd.PNG

Don't have to speculate about whether he wants to come to Winnipeg. 😉
Windjammer liked this.
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Being able to sign Hertl to an extension doesn't make him any more valuable. He's still a rental when he comes over and that's a crazy price for a rental. Hertl is okay, but not needed. The Jets are set at center.

The Jets also just signed Lowry to an extension and along with Copp they form 2/3 of Winnipeg's excellent shut down line. Trading players away right after they have recently committed to the team just isn't something True North does.

No GM that is competent is going to trade 3 roster players that help make Winnipeg's biggest weakness, defense, better to pick up a player that is a luxury to make their already good offense slightly better.

I'd prefer Chevy build a team that is hard to play against and can win, than just try to collect as much talent as he can and ignore building a good team.

I'm gonna respond to each point you made:

1. if an extension is part of the deal, the player isn't a rental. Just like how VGK traded & signed stone, they had to pay a high amount. Personally, i don't mind trading depth pieces for 1st line players, because depth pieces are replaceable. You don't have to play hertl at centre, but he provides you more options in the future.

2. It's business. Dylan DeMelo chose to waive his right to Unrestricted Free Agency to sign long term here. One year later he found himself exposed to Seattle in the expansion draft. I don't care that lowry recently re-signed, Hertl is waaaaay more valuable. Copp will also be going to Unrestricted Free Agency at the end of the season, so at least you're getting a return on that player.

3. Hertl is an incredibly good two way forward. He would bring defensive responsibility to our top six, which would mean we wouldn't need to rely on our third line so much defensively. As i was saying before, Copp is likely going to be walking at the end of the season, Stanley is a bottom pair dman with *maybe* 2nd pair potential and thats only if things really work out for him and he fixes his skating, and Heinola / Samberg (especially Heinola) are waiting in the wings and would easily replace Stanley, and have more upside for the future. When it comes to Lowry, 3.25M until 2026 is a lot. As much as i love Lowry, It's never a good idea to give long term deals to depth pieces because they are replaceable, and those long term 3M+ deals are what kills teams cap. Plus, in order to acquire and extend Hertl, along with Dubois next year, the jets will need to clear cap

4. You know what team is hard to play against? The Tampa Bay Lightning. Is it because they are big bruisers? or is it because they have incredibly skilled players, who control the puck and score. my guess is the latter, but hey it's not like they just won the cup two years in a row right? Hertl is exactly the type of player who is hard to play against. Talented play driver with finishing talent and incredibly good in the defensive end.

anyways this trade will never happen bc Jets overvalue their depth, Stanley, and this just makes cap stuff more complicated in the future. But if' you're going to argue they would be a worse team after doing this, you are very wrong my friend. Oh and Hertl would put WPG on his M-NTC
Aug. 31, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
Quoting: Klara
asdwdasd.PNG

yep lol, 3 team m-ntc no way he would come here, but i can dream !!
Aug. 31, 2021 at 6:54 p.m.
Quoting: nhlchunky
I'm gonna respond to each point you made:

1. if an extension is part of the deal, the player isn't a rental. Just like how VGK traded & signed stone, they had to pay a high amount. Personally, i don't mind trading depth pieces for 1st line players, because depth pieces are replaceable. You don't have to play hertl at centre, but he provides you more options in the future.

2. It's business. Dylan DeMelo chose to waive his right to Unrestricted Free Agency to sign long term here. One year later he found himself exposed to Seattle in the expansion draft. I don't care that lowry recently re-signed, Hertl is waaaaay more valuable. Copp will also be going to Unrestricted Free Agency at the end of the season, so at least you're getting a return on that player.

3. Hertl is an incredibly good two way forward. He would bring defensive responsibility to our top six, which would mean we wouldn't need to rely on our third line so much defensively. As i was saying before, Copp is likely going to be walking at the end of the season, Stanley is a bottom pair dman with *maybe* 2nd pair potential and thats only if things really work out for him and he fixes his skating, and Heinola / Samberg (especially Heinola) are waiting in the wings and would easily replace Stanley, and have more upside for the future. When it comes to Lowry, 3.25M until 2026 is a lot. As much as i love Lowry, It's never a good idea to give long term deals to depth pieces because they are replaceable, and those long term 3M+ deals are what kills teams cap. Plus, in order to acquire and extend Hertl, along with Dubois next year, the jets will need to clear cap

4. You know what team is hard to play against? The Tampa Bay Lightning. Is it because they are big bruisers? or is it because they have incredibly skilled players, who control the puck and score. my guess is the latter, but hey it's not like they just won the cup two years in a row right? Hertl is exactly the type of player who is hard to play against. Talented play driver with finishing talent and incredibly good in the defensive end.

anyways this trade will never happen bc Jets overvalue their depth, Stanley, and this just makes cap stuff more complicated in the future. But if' you're going to argue they would be a worse team after doing this, you are very wrong my friend. Oh and Hertl would put WPG on his M-NTC

Some of your points are decent and make some sense, but a few don't.

1. Just because Vegas is stupid, it doesn't mean the Jets have to be equally as stupid. If Hertl is willing to re-sign in Winnipeg you pay the rental price for him and extend him yourself. Paying the Sharks to extend him is extremely poor asset management.

2. Sure it's a business and if the right trade came along Chevy would probably look at it. But trading Winnipeg's best 2 defensive forwards for a luxury addition to the top 6, just weakens the team defense to upgrade the offense which is already pretty good.

3. I can somewhat agree here about the depth pieces, but adding another forward looking for a big raise when we need to worry about re-signing Dubois next year and there will also be a future raise for Pionk means that the Jets have to make cuts in other areas to add to their deepest position. Again poor asset and team building strategy.

4. And do you know why Tampa is hard to play against? Because they are a good TEAM with very few weakness. They haven't thrown all their eggs in one basket as you're suggesting. They have a well built, all around solid team.

I don't know what to tell you if you think that making the Jets biggest weakness of team defense worse to make their biggest strength of team offense better, somehow makes the Jets a better team. Look at Toronto for an example of a team that is top heavy with poor depth, to see how the Jets would look after your trade.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll