SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Hawks fans...are you happy so far???

Feb. 28, 2017 at 11:42 p.m.
exo2769
I have a few opinions. Wanted to see what other people thoughts.

I like the Oduya trade on both ends. McNeil will FINALLY get a chance. RW was a backlog for a long time. I personally think Oduya is their current #5, but he has chemistry with Hammer, but Hammer's on the top line now. Seabrook and Campell would be an outstanding 2nd line with Oduya and either Kempny/TVR for the bottom pair.

The last 10 games set Bowman's mind. Don't trade the youth. They're fitting in nicely. I like that he's not selling the future.

My only real concern is the message for the defense doesn't appear to be the same message for the offense. The Hawks have a ton of Dmen with real experience. Taking Rosi out...the Hawks have some 200 games of NHL experience sitting on the bench...then Pokka. Yet they get Oduya? Yet having Panik and Schmaltz seem to be on for the...Top line. It just seems like a way over protection for defense, but not addressing a LW need. Is Stan Ladd hesitant?
Feb. 28, 2017 at 11:48 p.m.
Chicago
No I just think Toews has found chemistry with two guys who compliment his game nicely and Stan didn't want to go into the playoffs with playing either Kempny or Rosy as 6D. The trade makes perfect sense. Panik is having a great year as is Hartman. If it all falls through Motte can be slotted in if need be.
Mar. 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
We still have another day to go. I think putting all this faith in the youth up front is a risky situation. The defence is strong and can compensate for some mistakes made by inexperienced younger players up front but there needs to be a contingency plan. I would like to see Stan pick up a forward that can play third line minutes and be effect in that role but in the case that the youth struggles can be put up on to the top line with Toews and Hossa and handle that responsibility. I don't know who they can pull out but it would be nice to see someone that has interchangeable abilities at line 1 and 3.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll