Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/ARI) - 2022 conditional 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick for Dvorak

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 5, 2021 at 10:22 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: WallStreet83
I wonder if Montreal comes back around and swindles him from Carolina either with yheir own OS or getting him as a UFA. Will be interesting to see.

One thing we've learned over time is that once bridges are burned with Bergevin at the helm of the ship, they aren't getting back. Ever.

Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Idk if Montreal massively overpaid, maybe slightly but I dont think too much, there's a lot of comments about Dvorak never reaching 40 points BUT they of course leave out context that he produced at a 44 point pace in the last two Covid shortened seasons.
From an Arizona perspective they did good by getting a 1st and 2nd for Dvorak but the 2nd isn't until the 2024 draft and they traded a guy who's a pretty steady contributor for a scratch ticket, the Yotes are obviously retooling through the draft but for then to really win this trade they're going to need to hit on that 1st round scratch ticket/pick.

Last time Montreal traded for an Arizona centerman things went fairly good for us. For Dvorak it isn'T even how many points he scores, if he's able to emulate a diet version of what Danault was doing; Faceoff, PK and cover the better players (Even doe Suzuki will start playing bigger minute throughout the season) AND can put 40 points up the board it's a win for us. He isn't coming in town to become a prime point producer, we've got pleeenty of wingers for this, he's in town to take faceoffs and be responsible which from what I heard he is.
Your second point is way overlooked on CapFriendly, a 2024 2nd right now pretty much has the value of what? A late 3rd or early 4th at best in this year's draft? This pick is useless to Montreal for the next half decade and in the meantime it could even be traded back or we could flip a player like we did with Scandella or Kovy and get good picks for it (Berge is actually so good at this).

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Would likely be the otherway around. Montreal has more money than Carolina. It's well known that the Cane's owner is a cheapstake.

Fans of 31 fanbase will tell you Dundon is cheap and then Carolina fanbase will tell you that he's rich and don't care about money. When your head coach has to beg for money for him and his assistants I'd say that's even worse than Melnyk-level of cheap.

Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Lets go back to the Suzuki and Necas Draft (selected 12th and 13th).

Two picks before them; Tippett and Vilardi
Two picks after them; C. Foote and Brannstrom

2 studs and 4 duds.

I'd go even further, except Caufield (Were he literally fell on their laps) Montreal has swung and missed on most of their pre-Caufield first rounders. (Jury's still out on Poehling) We're good at drafting in later rounds but at this point giving away a mid-late first isn't even that bad. Watch Arizona pull a 2015 Boston.
Sep. 5, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: sensonfire
You left out a couple of important details on what Montreal got out of the Dvorak trade and the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet in one big vacuum.

I pointed them out to you.

Arizona had nothing to do with the offer-sheet.

Carolina had nothing to do with the trade.

No need for projection.

You're the one clearly loaded with bias.

You're the one blinded by your short sighted judgement.

Enjoy that.

sleepy
Sep. 6, 2021 at 2:02 a.m.
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
Really good take on this. I personally think KK has a ton of potential. What I saw of him in playoffs he could be fantastic. But the system in Montreal wasn’t right for him. Hope he breaks out in Carolina where he has some other good Finnish players to mentor him.

Best post I’ve seen on here in months. ACGMs would have been rejecting Kerfoot and a 1st for Dvorak.

Well this is where the unbiased person would say there's alot of Leafs hate on this site because scrolling through this thread regarding Dvorak's value would show how people view players based on the teams they play for rather than just evaluate the player on his stats.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 6, 2021 at 2:16 a.m.

But don't you think if Dundon was a cheapskate, then Sebastian Aho would be an esteemed member of the Montreal Canadians?

Well... let's just say Bergevin messed up the Aho offer sheet because if he really wanted Aho he should have just gone to the 10-11 million threshold and that would have made things pretty clear.

Bergevin actually did Dundon a favor by the offer sheet Aho got cause let's real talk here... Aho's numbers were showing that 10 million wasn't out of the question.
sensonfire and Trickster liked this.
Sep. 6, 2021 at 10:02 a.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
This is part of a 3-way trade between Arizona, Carolina, and Montreal. Arizona gets 1st and 4th round picks, but lose Dvorak. Carolina gets Kotkaniemi, but loses their 1st and 4th round picks, Montreal gets Dvorak, but loses Kotkaniemi. Montreal does not gain or lose any draft picks here, they're just the middleman between Carolina and Arizona and replace Kotkaniemi with Dvorak.
Puckit and Remus liked this.
Sep. 6, 2021 at 10:22 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: LeafsForLife
This is part of a 3-way trade between Arizona, Carolina, and Montreal. Arizona gets 1st and 4th round picks, but lose Dvorak. Carolina gets Kotkaniemi, but loses their 1st and 4th round picks, Montreal gets Dvorak, but loses Kotkaniemi. Montreal does not gain or lose any draft picks here, they're just the middleman between Carolina and Arizona and replace Kotkaniemi with Dvorak.

Oh. Oh. Sensonfire the semantics king won't like this post. lmao
Puckit and Remus liked this.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 12:51 a.m.
ButIActLikeIDid
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Robbed is bold because Kotkaniemi played 3rd line last year and still had a - WAR with a 47.9% faceoff wins. The only positive about Kotkaniemi was that he was a 3rd overall pick, but that means nothing now. Canes are the only true loser from yesterday's transactions.

Robbed meaning they got a player they didn’t have rights for. Not robbed as winning a trade hands down.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 12:42 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
You say that I'm politely incorrect but then use coarse language in the next paragraph.

I find that adorable.

In any event, one could argue that the Habs could have got Centreman Jay Beagle from Arizona for a Conditional 7th round pick.

And then claim the Canes had everything to do with that trade.

What you're doing and what a few people have been doing since the trade was posted yesterday is called projection.

Here's a definition of it:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/basics/projection

Carolina did not force Marc Bergevin to go out and get Christian Dvorak.

As GM of the Habs, Bergevin has something called free will.

When it comes to running the Habs, he has free will from everybody except ownership.

The Dvorak trade and the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet are two completely separate events.

Carolina had nothing to do with the Dvorak trade.

Arizona had nothing to do with the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet.

Please try and understand that.

Have a wonderful day

Okay, say what you want about my writing, I know I'm no Mark Twain. But wow man, it sure takes a lot to prove a point with you.

Truly the semantics king, eh? I really like that reference from a previous post. There's a spectrum between projection, which you seem to be familiar with, and semantics. In the middle lies logic. For example, saying that 'The Dvorak trade and the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet are two completely separate events' is semantics. You are correct, if we are considering just the bare facts, then yes, they are two different events. But what you can't seem to fathom is that there happens to be a connection between the two events. And since you're so keen on providing informative definitions, here;s the definition for 'connection:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/connection

I have very good reason to believe that my opinion on this subject lies at or near to the middle of the spectrum, which in this case is logic. Here's my completely logical, simple, and toned-down explanation of what happened for you to read and hopefully and finally understand:

1. The Carolina Hurricanes, after unsuccessfully attempting to trade for him, tender a 1 year, $6.1 million offer-sheet to Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

2. Marc Bergevin, the general manager of the Montreal Canadiens, recognizing that such a contract does not accurately reflect the skills and value of Kotkaniemi, and also keeping in mind the Canadiens' salary cap situation, does not match the offer-sheet, meaning Kotkaniemi is now a member of the Hurricanes and the Canadiens receive the offer-sheet compensation, 2022 1st and 3rd round picks.

Stop. Make sure to read this part.

3. Bergevin, recognizing that he now lacks a top six centerman in Kotkaniemi's role, begins to search for acceptable trade partners. He winds up talking with Bill Armstrong, the general manager of the Arizona Coyotes. Armstrong is looking to trade a center in Kotkaniemi's role, Christian Dvorak, to continue his team's rebuild.

4. After some negotiations, a trade is finalized. The Canadiens acquire Dvorak, while the Coyotes acquire a conditional 2022 1st round pick and a 2021 2nd round pick. Dvorak takes Kotkaniemi's role as second line center on the Canadiens.

Keep in mind, the two events of Bergevin not matching the offer-sheet and Bergevin acquiring Dvorak were mere hours apart.

Okay. I have laid out my point of view and opinion with facts and have justified it. I explained logically what I thought had happened and why I believed my opinion to be correct, And, may I add, fellow CF users seem to be agreeing with me more often than they are agreeing with you.

Take a look at posts 5 and 6 on the 6th page of this thread.

In an effort to keep things civilized, which I know you will undoubtedly make fun of in your next response, have an enjoyable day.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Solid trade both sides.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: LeafsForLife

1. Capfriendly structured the David Savard, Nick Foligno and Mattias Janmark trades at the deadline as 3-way trades.

Capfriendly did not do so here because this isn't a 3-way trade.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

2. 4th round picks are not involved in either the Dvorak trade or the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet.

What are you even looking at??

3. "Montreal does not gain or lose any draft picks here"

That's half-true.

They still have the same number of draft picks but they gave up more valuable picks to Arizona than they got from Carolina.

This is the correct way of looking at what the Habs gained and lost from both the Dvorak trade and the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet, which are two separate things:

Habs lose: Kotkaniemi, Montreal's 2024 2nd, and the higher of their two 1st round picks unless one of them is in the Top 10.

Habs gain: Dvorak, Carolina's 2022 3rd and the lower of their two 1st round picks unless one of them is in the Top 10.

4. You say that Montreal is a middleman between Carolina and Arizona.

But, there was no transaction made directly between Carolina and Arizona that needed Montreal's help.

So, your concept of what a middleman is doesn't make much sense.
Brian2016 liked this.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
We are all equal
This is not a three way trade. It's simple two teams making a deal after a previous "transaction" took place. Geez some people now a days.

Montreal is giving up a first yes but already owned a first. So for anyone to say that Montreal gets a fist so does Arizona? I didn't know Montreal had 3 1sts in there back pocket.... Montreal is trading away the first they essentially got for KK to Arizona.

KK I personally like in Carolina and what I will call better roster management/coaching with the Hurricanes (don't like Waddell very much personally) but Brind'Amour I have high respect for will do wonders to the former 3rd overall pick. The Yotes are constantly rebuilding to rebuild. They will be good in the year 2065 or something like that....
Brian2016, sensonfire, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 5:46 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Remus
Okay, say what you want about my writing, I know I'm no Mark Twain. But wow man, it sure takes a lot to prove a point with you.

Truly the semantics king, eh? I really like that reference from a previous post. There's a spectrum between projection, which you seem to be familiar with, and semantics. In the middle lies logic. For example, saying that 'The Dvorak trade and the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet are two completely separate events' is semantics. You are correct, if we are considering just the bare facts, then yes, they are two different events. But what you can't seem to fathom is that there happens to be a connection between the two events. And since you're so keen on providing informative definitions, here;s the definition for 'connection:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/connection

I have very good reason to believe that my opinion on this subject lies at or near to the middle of the spectrum, which in this case is logic. Here's my completely logical, simple, and toned-down explanation of what happened for you to read and hopefully and finally understand:

1. The Carolina Hurricanes, after unsuccessfully attempting to trade for him, tender a 1 year, $6.1 million offer-sheet to Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

2. Marc Bergevin, the general manager of the Montreal Canadiens, recognizing that such a contract does not accurately reflect the skills and value of Kotkaniemi, and also keeping in mind the Canadiens' salary cap situation, does not match the offer-sheet, meaning Kotkaniemi is now a member of the Hurricanes and the Canadiens receive the offer-sheet compensation, 2022 1st and 3rd round picks.

Stop. Make sure to read this part.

3. Bergevin, recognizing that he now lacks a top six centerman in Kotkaniemi's role, begins to search for acceptable trade partners. He winds up talking with Bill Armstrong, the general manager of the Arizona Coyotes. Armstrong is looking to trade a center in Kotkaniemi's role, Christian Dvorak, to continue his team's rebuild.

4. After some negotiations, a trade is finalized. The Canadiens acquire Dvorak, while the Coyotes acquire a conditional 2022 1st round pick and a 2021 2nd round pick. Dvorak takes Kotkaniemi's role as second line center on the Canadiens.

Keep in mind, the two events of Bergevin not matching the offer-sheet and Bergevin acquiring Dvorak were mere hours apart.

Okay. I have laid out my point of view and opinion with facts and have justified it. I explained logically what I thought had happened and why I believed my opinion to be correct, And, may I add, fellow CF users seem to be agreeing with me more often than they are agreeing with you.

Take a look at posts 5 and 6 on the 6th page of this thread.

In an effort to keep things civilized, which I know you will undoubtedly make fun of in your next response, have an enjoyable day.

It doesn't take much to prove a point to me if it doesn't involve any logical fallacies like projection.

Blaming Carolina for how much Arizona fleeced Montreal in the Dvorak trade is a classic example of projection.

That's like saying the cashier at my high school cafeteria should be blamed if some kid pickpockets me and runs off with my wallet while I'm waiting in line for my lunch.

You say that I'm the "semantics king", which is flattering.

Then, you say in the next sentence, I'm correct if I use the "bare facts".

And then you imply that I'm not being logical if I use them to explain myself.

You can't have it both ways.

You also act like as if Arizona's GM somehow cares about whether Dvorak can play the role on the Montreal Canadiens that is left behind by Kotkaniemi.

Only thing he cares about is what another team in the NHL like Montreal would pay for Dvorak.

Period.

If Bergevin went crying to Armstrong and tried vying for sympathy by bringing up the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet in trade talks, Armstrong would say something like this:

"You can cry me a river but your tears don't add any value!"

You're being more sentimental than logical.

You're being sentimental that the Canes took Koktaniemi away from your favourite team.

You're being even more sentimental by also blaming the Canes for Bergevin's decision to overpay on Dvorak.

Trying to create an imaginary popularity contest amongst other CF users between you and I makes it even more obvious.

Especially when those CF users happen to disproportionately come from the same fanbase as you.

I admire the fact you wrote all this to try and prove a point that you want me to find compelling.

I don't find it compelling because it's not.

It's now time to move on to bigger and better things.

Have an enjoyable day smile
Sep. 7, 2021 at 9:01 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Gotta say the Habs won got the better player for next season, Dvorak over KK. Montreal also got term and cheaper contract.
Wouldn't the Canes been much better off offering a first and second for Dvorak than offer sheeting KK?
Sep. 7, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
It doesn't take much to prove a point to me if it doesn't involve any logical fallacies like projection.

Blaming Carolina for how much Arizona fleeced Montreal in the Dvorak trade is a classic example of projection.

That's like saying the cashier at my high school cafeteria should be blamed if some kid pickpockets me and runs off with my wallet while I'm waiting in line for my lunch.

You say that I'm the "semantics king", which is flattering.

Then, you say in the next sentence, I'm correct if I use the "bare facts".

And then you imply that I'm not being logical if I use them to explain myself.

You can't have it both ways.

You also act like as if Arizona's GM somehow cares about whether Dvorak can play the role on the Montreal Canadiens that is left behind by Kotkaniemi.

Only thing he cares about is what another team in the NHL like Montreal would pay for Dvorak.

Period.

If Bergevin went crying to Armstrong and tried vying for sympathy by bringing up the Kotkaniemi offer-sheet in trade talks, Armstrong would say something like this:

"You can cry me a river but your tears don't add any value!"

You're being more sentimental than logical.

You're being sentimental that the Canes took Koktaniemi away from your favourite team.

You're being even more sentimental by also blaming the Canes for Bergevin's decision to overpay on Dvorak.

Trying to create an imaginary popularity contest amongst other CF users between you and I makes it even more obvious.

Especially when those CF users happen to disproportionately come from the same fanbase as you.

I admire the fact you wrote all this to try and prove a point that you want me to find compelling.

I don't find it compelling because it's not.

It's now time to move on to bigger and better things.

Have an enjoyable day smile

you're only point about the actual discussion involved the words 'cry me a river'. Dude.

I really am going to move on to bigger and better things. I've laid out what I believe to be the truth and all you've done is shoot it down with big words and insult my writing.

I came here to discuss hockey, and now that it has veered from that to petty insults, I have no desire to continue discussing.

One last thing: in the quote on quote popularity contest, one of the few people who agreed with me (which was comically more than the number that agreed with you) was a Leafs fan for goodness' sake. Fact check next time.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 1:16 a.m.
sensonfire
you're only point about the actual discussion involved the words 'cry me a river'. Dude.

I really am going to move on to bigger and better things. I've laid out what I believe to be the truth and all you've done is shoot it down with big words and insult my writing.

I came here to discuss hockey, and now that it has veered from that to petty insults, I have no desire to continue discussing.

One last thing: in the quote on quote popularity contest, one of the few people who agreed with me (which was comically more than the number that agreed with you) was a Leafs fan for goodness' sake. Fact check next time.

I love you too.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 7:58 a.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: mr_z
Oh. Oh. Sensonfire the semantics king won't like this post. lmao

Awesome. It proves he doesn’t have anything better to do.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 7:33 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
Well... let's just say Bergevin messed up the Aho offer sheet because if he really wanted Aho he should have just gone to the 10-11 million threshold and that would have made things pretty clear.

Bergevin actually did Dundon a favor by the offer sheet Aho got cause let's real talk here... Aho's numbers were showing that 10 million wasn't out of the question.

Definitely it was a futile offer sheet, but no favour for Carolina because it's a 5 year contract. That's the worst possible term for the team to give somebody coming off his entry level contract because it gets him to unrestricted free agency in the minimum number of years. Maybe they'll be able to convince him to sign an extension before it gets to that point, otherwise that offer sheet will have cost Carolina 3 years of Aho's services that they could have had if they had signed him themselves. It almost made me think that Montreal's goal was not to get him then but to get him to unrestricted free agency as soon as possible so they'd have a shot at him 5 years down the road, but that seems like too much of a longshot to even think about.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 7:37 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Gotta say the Habs won got the better player for next season, Dvorak over KK. Montreal also got term and cheaper contract.
Wouldn't the Canes been much better off offering a first and second for Dvorak than offer sheeting KK?

I don't know if Carolina would have been able to make that deal for Dvorak. I think what Arizona liked about the Montreal deal is that it gives them two chances at a mid-1st-round draft pick.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 8:36 p.m.
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
I'm pretty sure the Canes were giving the Habs lowball offers when the 2 sides were talking trade. So....I strongly believe a 1st and 3rd was higher.

If there is evidence of any conversations or texts to prove their was a handshake agreement, on the sign for a high 1 year deal and than extend at a cheaper rate, before KK signed the offer sheet than YES that's cheating when KK was still a Hab property. Also the NHLPA would strongly disapprove of KK taking an unforced discount at such a young age.

I disagree on a couple of these points. First, it wouldn't make sense for Carolina to offer less in trade than the two draft picks they were willing to give as offer sheet compensation. They would have been much better off to trade for him than to do an offer sheet. With the offer sheet there was no guarantee they'd get him, and if they traded for his rights they could have signed him for a more reasonable salary without having to add what Waddell called the "acquisition cost". However, it's possible that Montreal wanted players or prospects and Carolina only wanted to give up draft picks.

Regarding the possibility of a handshake deal on an extension, I don't think that would constitute cheating or tampering. It is illegal to negotiate with a player who's under contract to another team without that team's permission, but a restricted free agent is not under contract. He's free to talk with anybody -- that's the "free" part of free agency -- and the team's and player's future plans would be valid topics of discussion. They may want to know that their future plans are aligned, but they know that any agreement they make would only be a non-binding statement of intent, so I don't see any foul play there because things can change by the time they're eligible to sign an extension, and both parties would be free to back out of the non-binding agreement if it no longer seems advantageous to them. If they actually tried to sign something legally binding then it wouldn't be legally binding because it would be thrown out under the CBA.

What the NHLPA would think about KK signing an extension is irrelevant until it's time to negotiate the next CBA. I understand that there may be some peer pressure but I don't think the players would have much appetite for a rule that says they can't take a pay cut on their next contract. That would limit their freedom of movement and drive a lot of them out of the league prematurely.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: jr400
Definitely it was a futile offer sheet, but no favour for Carolina because it's a 5 year contract. That's the worst possible term for the team to give somebody coming off his entry level contract because it gets him to unrestricted free agency in the minimum number of years. Maybe they'll be able to convince him to sign an extension before it gets to that point, otherwise that offer sheet will have cost Carolina 3 years of Aho's services that they could have had if they had signed him themselves. It almost made me think that Montreal's goal was not to get him then but to get him to unrestricted free agency as soon as possible so they'd have a shot at him 5 years down the road, but that seems like too much of a longshot to even think about.

Eh....if you don't think 8.4 million for Aho was favorable for a team even at the term it was at was a bargain (in this case Carolina) then I suppose you are one of those people whom believe Aho would not have gotten 10 million per season.

He was primed to get that until Bergevin decided on that offer sheet.

The only reason I could think Aho signed it was because he and his agent figured Carolina wasn't going to the 10 million mark and so from Aho's perspective the offer sheet was the way to get to UFA or close enough to get that big payday he was originally going to get.
Sep. 9, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
Eh....if you don't think 8.4 million for Aho was favorable for a team even at the term it was at was a bargain (in this case Carolina) then I suppose you are one of those people whom believe Aho would not have gotten 10 million per season.

The only reason I could think Aho signed it was because he and his agent figured Carolina wasn't going to the 10 million mark and so from Aho's perspective the offer sheet was the way to get to UFA or close enough to get that big payday he was originally going to get.

You may be right. I don't know what Carolina was offering him but a longer term would have meant a higher AAV, and maybe the team didn't want to go there. I am one of those people who believes Aho would not have got $10M at that time. I think you're looking at this with 20/20 hindsight after seeing what he's done since then. Back then he had only put in one elite season so he still had something to prove. Now he's got 3 years of pretty consistent excellence behind him, so I would be willing to pay him a lot more if he was signing now than I would have been then. The risk for the team has gone way down. If his goal was to get to $10M as soon as possible, a bridge contract would have been the best way to do that.

It's hard to say how meaningful the comments were that they made publically at the time, but I remember Waddell saying, "I'm surprised it wasn't more." I thought that meant that he thought Aho was worth more than Montreal gave him, which made me wonder why he wasn't able to sign him. But now that I've seen what he did with Kotkaniemi I wonder if he really meant that to have any chance of success with an offer sheet you need to give the player a lot more than he's worth, which Montreal didn't do. Waddell also said he would have liked to have got him for a longer term, so maybe they weren't talking bridge. Aho said he just wanted to get it done, which sounds like he doesn't have a lot of patience for long negotiations so maybe he didn't want to have to go through it all again in 2 or 3 years, but he wasn't willing to wait 7 or 8 for the chance to earn more so 5 seemed like a good middle ground.

Apologies to the Montreal and Arizona fans who came here to read about Dvorak and don't care about Carolina and Aho. I don't know how to move this discussion to where it belongs without breaking the link to our earlier posts.
Sep. 10, 2021 at 4:01 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Hurricanes receive: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Coyotes receive: 2022 first*, 2024 2nd

Habs receive: Christian Dvorak, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd

I think I know who won

Thats... not a good way to put it.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and sensonfire liked this.
Sep. 10, 2021 at 11:19 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
Thats... not a good way to put it.

thank you for informatively contributing to the discussion.
Sep. 12, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
thank you for informatively contributing to the discussion.

Well think about it. If you're including all 3 teams then its very disingenuous to include the habs receiving an extra 1st and 3rd, considering they traded a 1st and 2nd for Dvorak.
Saskleaf and sensonfire liked this.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 8:36 a.m.
sensonfire

Another reason why Aho signed it was because the money paid out in the offer-sheet was almost entirely signing bonuses.

Rendering it completely buy-out proof.

When Aho laid his eyes on a 11.3 million signing bonus in year 1, he salivated like Homer Simpson would over a half-eaten donut.
oneX and weirfanno1 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit