1. 2022 4th round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Brown, Logan [RFA Rights]
SJS
  1. Brännström, Erik
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
2023 2nd turns into a top 10 protected 2023 1st if Hertl resigns in OTT. If the pick is indeed top 10, a 2024 1st is transferred to San Jose.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$66,946,750$0$4,482,500$14,553,250
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 2
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 7, 2021 at 8:12 p.m.
Resign conditions are against rules
Sep. 7, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Resign conditions are against rules

Oh is that a new rule? Thought I saw some of those before
Sep. 7, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
Quoting: Florida_Man_Maroon
Oh is that a new rule? Thought I saw some of those before

It was added in the new CBA that came out last summer
Florida_Man_Maroon liked this.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
As a Pens fan, I would love to take a chance on Brown.
Sep. 7, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.
Just make it the first. Those restrictions arent allowed and its not enough without it being a first anyways
Sep. 7, 2021 at 9:12 p.m.
Might as well add Logan Brown to the package. A 4th doesn't accomplish anything. Dorion said they don't want to "give him away"
Sep. 8, 2021 at 6:18 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: papishark
Just make it the first. Those restrictions arent allowed and its not enough without it being a first anyways

Either way I wouldn’t take the trade for SJS it’s not great at all
(Assuming it’s a protected first and Brannstrom + addition)

Brannstrom isn’t necessary with;

Karlsson, Burns
Merkley (young and high potential OFD)
Kniazev (TWD)
Hatakka (TWD)

We’d be getting a middle of the pack first and a expendable prospect unless we plan on flipping Merkley but this just adds more complications. I’d like to see the prospect changed and being two guys (maybe Pinto if he isn’t still on a fantastic ppg pace).
papishark liked this.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: yikes
We’d be getting a middle of the pack first and a expendable prospect unless we plan on flipping Merkley but this just adds more complications. I’d like to see the prospect changed and being two guys (maybe Pinto if he isn’t still on a fantastic ppg pace).

Sens most likely won't make the playoffs, East is going to be extremely competitive (particularly the Atlantic). A top-16 pick in this 2022 draft is extremely valuable (protection would most likely be just top-3). No chance Ottawa moves it in this scenario, unless maybe if Hertl is signing a (reasonable) extension right away. Even then, I really doubt Ottawa takes that kind of gamble now as they have been rebuilding hard the last 4 seasons.

Brannstrom may be an "expendable prospect" to San Jose but like in any trade/purchase in life, it's about market value and Brannstrom is a valuable piece. Ottawa could send a different prospect that would fit the Sharks needs better but Pinto is off-limits.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Sens most likely won't make the playoffs, East is going to be extremely competitive (particularly the Atlantic). A top-16 pick in this 2022 draft is extremely valuable (protection would most likely be just top-3). No chance Ottawa moves it in this scenario, unless maybe if Hertl is signing a (reasonable) extension right away. Even then, I really doubt Ottawa takes that kind of gamble now as they have been rebuilding hard the last 4 seasons.

Brannstrom may be an "expendable prospect" to San Jose but like in any trade/purchase in life, it's about market value and Brannstrom is a valuable piece. Ottawa could send a different prospect that would fit the Sharks needs better but Pinto is off-limits.

See then its a no. You can maybe have 1-2 untouchables for Hertl, but not 4-5. One of your best 4 prospects is coming back or Hertls not moving
Sep. 8, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
See then its a no. You can maybe have 1-2 untouchables for Hertl, but not 4-5. One of your best 4 prospects is coming back or Hertls not moving

ok but "one of your best 4 prospects" doesn't mean much as the Sens pool has been totally stacked since the 2020 draft. And this was to be expected as they have been rebuilding hard since 2018; but the difference with other rebuilding teams is that they had the luxury to trade stars and significant players in their prime. You know exactly what I am talking about as a Sharks fan (just Erik Karlsson brought back Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Mads Sogaard, Leevi Merilainen and Zack Ostapchuk). And you gotta say thank you to Dorion for gifting you back Rudolfs Balcers for absolutely no reason (I still find this move puzzling)

If you don't count Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP), this is how the prospect pool has been voted by a community of hardcore Sens fans :

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3- Erik Brännström
4- Tyler Boucher
5- Alex Formenton
6- Ridly Greig
7- Filip Gustavsson
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker
9- Egor Sokolov
10- Mads Søgaard
11- Logan Brown
12- Roby Järventie
13- Tyler Kleven
14- Lassi Thomson
15- Leevi Merilainen
16- Zack Ostapchuk
17- Angus Crookshank

Don't get fooled by the prospect number some of these guys have landed. For example, #17 started his pro career with 16 pts in 19 AHL games. He got heavy praise by coach Troy Mann, he plays the way coaches love. #15 Merilainen looks like a stud early on. #12 Jarventie had really good pro numbers for a 18 y/o, he has a very appealing skillset and a deadly shot. #10 Mads Sogaard is a 6'7 athletic monster who started his AHL career 7-0 and kinda make it look easy. Etc

Erik Brännström was voted #3 so it fits your critieria. Only guys "off-limits" here are Sanderson and Pinto. The other guys like that are already on the Sens roster (Tkachuk, Chabot, Norris, Stutzle, Batherson). Anyone could be available for the right player (even though I'd absolutely hate to see Formenton or Greig being traded for example)

Erik Brannstrom and Logan Brown are the most "expendable prospects" from Ottawa not because they suck but for particular reasons.

Brannstrom because the organization doesn't see him as good on RD; and on LD, there's going to be Chabot and Sanderson playing 45+ minutes every game. He won't be able to reach his full potential in Ottawa

Logan Brown because it seems that his dad and the organization don't see "eye to eye". The guy has been very injury prone, only played 14 pro games (in 3 different stretches lol) since turning 22 y/o. Last time he played a significant amount of games, he was a 21 y/o PPG center in the AHL. Might need a change of scenery, bridges possibly already burned.

One of Gustavsson, Sogaard or Merilainen will eventually be available but I can't tell you which or when. All 3 look like studs.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.
ok but "one of your best 4 prospects" doesn't mean much as the Sens pool has been totally stacked since the 2020 draft. And this was to be expected as they have been rebuilding hard since 2018; but the difference with other rebuilding teams is that they had the luxury to trade stars and significant players in their prime. You know exactly what I am talking about as a Sharks fan (just Erik Karlsson brought back Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Mads Sogaard, Leevi Merilainen and Zack Ostapchuk). And you gotta say thank you to Dorion for gifting you back Rudolfs Balcers for absolutely no reason (I still find this move puzzling)

If you don't count Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP), this is how the prospect pool has been voted by a community of hardcore Sens fans :

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3- Erik Brännström
4- Tyler Boucher
5- Alex Formenton
6- Ridly Greig
7- Filip Gustavsson
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker
9- Egor Sokolov
10- Mads Søgaard
11- Logan Brown
12- Roby Järventie
13- Tyler Kleven
14- Lassi Thomson
15- Leevi Merilainen
16- Zack Ostapchuk
17- Angus Crookshank

Don't get fooled by the prospect number some of these guys have landed. For example, #17 started his pro career with 16 pts in 19 AHL games. He got heavy praise by coach Troy Mann, he plays the way coaches love. #15 Merilainen looks like a stud early on. #12 Jarventie had really good pro numbers for a 18 y/o, he has a very appealing skillset and a deadly shot. #10 Mads Sogaard is a 6'7 athletic monster who started his AHL career 7-0 and kinda make it look easy. Etc

Erik Brännström was voted #3 so it fits your critieria. Only guys "off-limits" here are Sanderson and Pinto. The other guys like that are already on the Sens roster (Tkachuk, Chabot, Norris, Stutzle, Batherson). Anyone could be available for the right player (even though I'd absolutely hate to see Formenton or Greig being traded for example)

Erik Brannstrom and Logan Brown are the most "expendable prospects" from Ottawa not because they suck but for particular reasons.

Brannstrom because the organization doesn't see him as good on RD; and on LD, there's going to be Chabot and Sanderson playing 45+ minutes every game. He won't be able to reach his full potential in Ottawa

Logan Brown because it seems that his dad and the organization don't see "eye to eye". The guy has been very injury prone, only played 14 pro games (in 3 different stretches lol) since turning 22 y/o. Last time he played a significant amount of games, he was a 21 y/o PPG center in the AHL. Might need a change of scenery, bridges possibly already burned.

One of Gustavsson, Sogaard or Merilainen will eventually be available but I can't tell you which or when. All 3 look like studs.

Dont really need the speech, your not including Norris or Stutzle here. If Ottawa doesnt offer Sanderson or Pinto, im asking for two firsts with a different prospect. The sharks are fine on depth prospects, we need top talent if we move Hertl.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Edited Sep. 8, 2021 at 1:47 p.m.
Dont really need the speech, your not including Norris or Stutzle here. If Ottawa doesnt offer Sanderson or Pinto, im asking for two firsts with a different prospect. The sharks are fine on depth prospects, we need top talent if we move Hertl.

Don't worry, the "speech" is not necessarily for you. I have been posting about the Sens on the internet for 2 decades now, since this is a public place, I know some Sens fans and other hockey fans are interested in reading my posts. You really don't have to read it all, don't worry (CF's font also makes it harder to read)

I don't think they'd trade Sanderson and even Pinto for many players, it's not just Hertl. 2 firsts + prospect would be your ask? Don't think the Sens would do that after seeing the price for Sam Reinhart, for example.

Most guys on the list you have seen are far from "depth prospects". For example, guys like Sokolov, Greig and Jarventie would be Sharks top prospects instantly, behind just Eklund and Bordeleau.

I saw a prospect list voted by Sharks fans... Ryan Merkley is 4th, Jonathan Dahlen is 5th. Don't see them making the Sens top-13

But understand the Sharks need to make the right deal for Hertl, don't see the Sens giving up more than 1st + 2nd + Jarventie for example, and that's if they can get Hertl with an extension.
Sep. 8, 2021 at 9:24 p.m.
Don't worry, the "speech" is not necessarily for you. I have been posting about the Sens on the internet for 2 decades now, since this is a public place, I know some Sens fans and other hockey fans are interested in reading my posts. You really don't have to read it all, don't worry (CF's font also makes it harder to read)

I don't think they'd trade Sanderson and even Pinto for many players, it's not just Hertl. 2 firsts + prospect would be your ask? Don't think the Sens would do that after seeing the price for Sam Reinhart, for example.

Most guys on the list you have seen are far from "depth prospects". For example, guys like Sokolov, Greig and Jarventie would be Sharks top prospects instantly, behind just Eklund and Bordeleau.

I saw a prospect list voted by Sharks fans... Ryan Merkley is 4th, Jonathan Dahlen is 5th. Don't see them making the Sens top-13

But understand the Sharks need to make the right deal for Hertl, don't see the Sens giving up more than 1st + 2nd + Jarventie for example, and that's if they can get Hertl with an extension.

Thats not even close though unless the sens pick is top ten. You cant get a 1c for spare parts, even if thats all you want to trade. I would disagree with any of those guys passing Dahlen or Merkley but I understand everyone has bias in terms of prospects
Sep. 10, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
Thats not even close though unless the sens pick is top ten. You cant get a 1c for spare parts, even if thats all you want to trade. I would disagree with any of those guys passing Dahlen or Merkley but I understand everyone has bias in terms of prospects

The Sens would most likely miss the playoffs this season, even with Hertl. The east will be extremely competitive, particularly the Atlantic. Sens have so many young players and several key pieces (ex : Sanderson) not even in the lineup yet. They need more "seasoning"

The pick will be top-16, I'm guessing it would be top-3 protected but should land close to 10th OA again, which is extremely valuable in this 2022 draft... Same thing for the 2nd round pick, another valuable piece but even more than usual with this draft.

Roby Jarventie was an early 2nd in 2020, he has had a pretty good 18 y/o season in the pros and his stock is rising. He's an excellent prospect and would be top-5 for the Sharks right away. His skillset is very appealing and his shot is deadly

so lol at calling these pieces spare parts.

On the other side, Tomas Hertl will be 28 y/o on an expiring contract. Yes he had an incredible season in 2018-19 but outside of that, he didn't have elite 1C numbers like you seem to imply. Not sure what you're expecting to get. Look at what Duchene returned at the 2019 deadline, he was the same age as Hertl will be and he just had 107 pts in 118 games with Ottawa

Yes in theory everyone has bias for their own prospects, but this is not a hot take. Ottawa's pool has been seen as the best (or at least one of the best) for years now. And even then, it's still very underrated with Ottawa being a micro market between Montreal and Toronto. Sens drafting is really impressive. It's basically the only thing they do well, all the rest is subpar.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll