Forums/Armchair-GM

Caps Move Kuzy

Created by: NoVaSpartan
Team: 2021-22 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 8, 2021
Published: Sep. 8, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Taxi Squad is all players I think the capitals consider calling up for injuries throughout the year.
Trades
WSH
  1. Fiala, Kevin
  2. 2022 5th round pick (SJS)
MIN
  1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
  2. 2023 4th round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Minnesota misses out on Eichel and circles back to Kuzy to fill a role at center. Many seem to undervalue Kuzy seemingly due to either the coke video or a supposed "lack of care", but I think this is much closer to his value. The Caps could use Fiala as Oshie will most likely decline in the next couple years.
WSH
    Future Considerations
    ANA
    1. Hagelin, Carl
    2. 2024 3rd round pick (WSH)
    Additional Details:
    Could be any team willing to take on a cap hit
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$70,026,261$472,927$132,500$11,473,739

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    $9,200,000$9,200,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $5,166,667$5,166,667
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $2,415,000$2,415,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $5,100,000$5,100,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $716,667$716,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    $791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $842,500$842,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW
    UFA - 2
    C
    RFA - 2
    C
    UFA - 2
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    LD
    RFA - 1
    G
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 9:26 a.m.
    You're about to have every MIN fan in here losing their minds thinking MIN doesn't want Kuz, but I think they will circle back if they lose out on Eichel like you said. They desperately need a top 6 C.

But I don't think the Caps do it if the answer is moving Eller to 2C. He's a great 3C and can be a 2C in a pinch but shouldn't be a long term solution. Maybe if they think McMichael is ready.
    vikhodush and NoVaSpartan liked this.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
    For Kutzy??
    No thx.
    Sorry, have a hard time seeing any contender wanting to take on the risk.
    Try a bottom feeder with lots of cap room.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 9:42 a.m.
    Bait Post Detector
    I don't want to speak for wild fans but I don't think Kuzy to Minnesota is a bad idea honestly, what that trade looks like I have no idea.

Assume Kaprizov resigns, Itll be nice for the kid to have a solid top 6 center to play with who is also Russian and can speak the language, that doesn't seem like much but it does matter somewhat.

Just pray Kuzy doesn't teach him anything off the ice 0.0
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    Quoting: ClockReads2113
    You're about to have every MIN fan in here losing their minds thinking MIN doesn't want Kuz, but I think they will circle back if they lose out on Eichel like you said. They desperately need a top 6 C.

But I don't think the Caps do it if the answer is moving Eller to 2C. He's a great 3C and can be a 2C in a pinch but shouldn't be a long term solution. Maybe if they think McMichael is ready.

I share your concerns about Eller, and I considered making a move for a 2C, but I'll give Eller the benefit of the doubt and let him be 2C. I would think the Caps try to ease McMichael into a 2C role and hopefully have him as a full time 2C by the end of the year or start of next year. In a pinch Oshie can also play 2C
    xercuses and ClockReads2113 liked this.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
    While it has been reported that Guerin does not have any interest in Kuzy whatsoever, I wouldn't really mind acquiring him if the price is right. I just would like it to be for someone other than Fiala.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: xxToothxx
    For Kutzy??
    No thx.
    Sorry, have a hard time seeing any contender wanting to take on the risk.
    Try a bottom feeder with lots of cap room.

Lol solid take. “Have a hard time seeing a contender waiting to take on the risk”

Carolina OS KK
    Habs pay 1st and 2nd for Dvorak who is a great 3c but a poor 2c. Basically an Eller type.
    Teams still bidding on Eichel who needs surgery and has had a poor attitude.

Kuzy is a “risk” bc sheep on this site spew nonsense and other people believe it. Guy is a 1c and would easily be the best center on the Wild by a lot
    capsfan2121 and NoVaSpartan liked this.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 1:59 p.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    Quoting: EccE
    While it has been reported that Guerin does not have any interest in Kuzy whatsoever, I wouldn't really mind acquiring him if the price is right. I just would like it to be for someone other than Fiala.

I think Guerin also is trying to keep his plans secret, as outside of Eichel they seem to have been pretty good at keeping their plans out of the public (Parise and Suter buyouts as an example). I think it is also quite possible the the Capitals instead trade for picks and prospects, but Fiala was the easier one to value (and the one I see more often here) so I chose to do a trade with him.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 2:25 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: NoVaSpartan
    I think Guerin also is trying to keep his plans secret, as outside of Eichel they seem to have been pretty good at keeping their plans out of the public (Parise and Suter buyouts as an example). I think it is also quite possible the the Capitals instead trade for picks and prospects, but Fiala was the easier one to value (and the one I see more often here) so I chose to do a trade with him.

“Reported he has no interest in Kuzy” my buddy who works in the DC sports media already said BG had poked around Kuzy and inquired about him. He wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t. That isn’t 0 interest… maybe the asking price was too high but to flat out say you wouldnt want a player like him is silly. Guy basically won the capitals the cup
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 2:30 p.m.
    Emotionally in 2018
    I have a very hard time believing the Caps move Kuznetsov without some sort of external replacement. I honestly believe the Caps will go as far as Kuznetsov will take us this year. He's going to be the X factor every year in the playoffs. When he's on, we win series. When he isn't, we don't. That simple
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    Quoting: DogDayCaps2
    “Reported he has no interest in Kuzy” my buddy who works in the DC sports media already said BG had poked around Kuzy and inquired about him. He wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t. That isn’t 0 interest… maybe the asking price was too high but to flat out say you wouldnt want a player like him is silly. Guy basically won the capitals the cup

i think you quoted the wrong guy, but nonetheless I'm not surprised he poked around for him.
    DogDayCaps2 liked this.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 2:39 p.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    Quoting: krakowitz
    I have a very hard time believing the Caps move Kuznetsov without some sort of external replacement. I honestly believe the Caps will go as far as Kuznetsov will take us this year. He's going to be the X factor every year in the playoffs. When he's on, we win series. When he isn't, we don't. That simple

I can see it, but I think they have to move on before the start of the year. The start of the year portion is because they will obviously need cap space for Sammy, Vitek, and other FAs, and I think the Caps would need to adjust without him in the lineup. He can be amazing, but could also fetch a great return that could either bolster the current team or make a good upgrade to the prospect pipeline. Not having a bonafide 2C would be more difficult, but I have faith in Eller, McMichael, and maybe Oshie to get it done.

Also speaking of upcoming FAs, I fully expect the Caps to lose another center with Dowd, and 3-4 years in the future I predict we will look at him as the next beagle contract. Mostly unrelated but I thought I'd throw it in there
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 5:46 p.m.
    Quoting: krakowitz

i think you quoted the wrong guy, but nonetheless I'm not surprised he poked around for him.

You are talking about a Washington fan who always thinks everyone is wrong. He has never brought up facts. Minnesota beat writer explicitly stated Minnesota has zero interest in Kuznetsov
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.

He doesn't want troubled players in will lockerroom. He came here stating he's setting new culture and getting rid of bad luck players. He hated , disliked Ryan suter that much. He also wanted to rid of Parise.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
    Emotionally in 2018
    I can see it, but I think they have to move on before the start of the year. The start of the year portion is because they will obviously need cap space for Sammy, Vitek, and other FAs, and I think the Caps would need to adjust without him in the lineup. He can be amazing, but could also fetch a great return that could either bolster the current team or make a good upgrade to the prospect pipeline. Not having a bonafide 2C would be more difficult, but I have faith in Eller, McMichael, and maybe Oshie to get it done.

Also speaking of upcoming FAs, I fully expect the Caps to lose another center with Dowd, and 3-4 years in the future I predict we will look at him as the next beagle contract. Mostly unrelated but I thought I'd throw it in there

The start of the year this year or next year? If you mean next year, that's entirely dependent on how he performs this year. I'd like to think he'll be motivated this year and produce around a 65 point pace, but who knows with him. I think if there was a return to bolster the current team, it would've happened by now. The only way I see us upgrading on him mid season is if we do some sort of three team maneuver for Hertl. There's always the Eichel piece to the puzzle, but that's obviously not happening with the asking price what it is now.
    NoVaSpartan liked this.
    Sep. 8, 2021 at 7:34 p.m.
    Years 3 and 4 of Kuzy's deal just really make MN's cap really hard to work with. I'm okay with the trade from player/value perspective. Playing next to Kaprizov, Kuzy should be a 20g/50a player on a yearly basis.

I'm also one of the Wild fans that think Fiala is out the door by the draft next season. I'd really need to see Kaprizov's deal before I'd commit to any trade like this though.
    NoVaSpartan liked this.
    Sep. 9, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    Quoting: ChristianA
    He doesn't want troubled players in will lockerroom. He came here stating he's setting new culture and getting rid of bad luck players. He hated , disliked Ryan suter that much. He also wanted to rid of Parise.

The narrative that Kuzy is "Troubled" is such bull. Outside of the coke video, which was 3 years ago and hasn't been a problem since, there hasn't been anything to show he's "troubled". The only thing you could say is that he got COVID twice, which is quite rare. Comparing him to Suter and Parise isn't a fair comparison to either side, as they really don't have very much in common. Minnesota really needs a top 6 center, and if Eichel is not available to them, Kuzy is a pretty good fallback plan.
    Sep. 9, 2021 at 9:36 a.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    You are talking about a Washington fan who always thinks everyone is wrong. He has never brought up facts. Minnesota beat writer explicitly stated Minnesota has zero interest in Kuznetsov

Which beat writer was it? Because I know that Tarik El Bashir (Capitals writer for The Athletic and NBC Sports Washington if I remember correctly), has mentioned the Wild in relation to the Capitals and a possible Kuznetsov trade. I would also again point to the fact that Minnesota has been quite secretive with what they planned to get done this offseason (ex. Parise and Suter buyouts), and most likely Minnesota would be more interested if Eichel was off the table.
    Sep. 11, 2021 at 3:09 p.m.
    Which beat writer was it? Because I know that Tarik El Bashir (Capitals writer for The Athletic and NBC Sports Washington if I remember correctly), has mentioned the Wild in relation to the Capitals and a possible Kuznetsov trade. I would also again point to the fact that Minnesota has been quite secretive with what they planned to get done this offseason (ex. Parise and Suter buyouts), and most likely Minnesota would be more interested if Eichel was off the table.

Russo
    Sep. 11, 2021 at 3:14 p.m.

Umn, no because they haven't been interested in Sean Monahan for two years. Washington fans being so blind to Kuznetsov idioticy, and cancer acts is just very funny
    Sep. 11, 2021 at 3:17 p.m.
    The narrative that Kuzy is "Troubled" is such bull. Outside of the coke video, which was 3 years ago and hasn't been a problem since, there hasn't been anything to show he's "troubled". The only thing you could say is that he got COVID twice, which is quite rare. Comparing him to Suter and Parise isn't a fair comparison to either side, as they really don't have very much in common. Minnesota really needs a top 6 center, and if Eichel is not available to them, Kuzy is a pretty good fallback plan.

You do realize Kuznetsov is worse right? How isn't it fair to compare him to them? How is it fair to say suter and Parise are worse?
    Sep. 13, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
    Craig Laughlin Fan
    You do realize Kuznetsov is worse right? How isn't it fair to compare him to them? How is it fair to say suter and Parise are worse?

If you think Kuznetsov is worse than both of them you are sorely mistaken. Kuznetsov did have a down year last year, however part of it is due to being out with Covid. People also have forgotten that he was the main contributor to the Caps 2018 playoff run, and in my opinion deserved the Conn Smythe trophy instead of Ovechkin. It seems you were confused on what I meant. I said its wasn't fair to compare them because we can't measure locker room impact and while kuznetsov is entering most likely the best years of his career who still could live up to his contract, Suter and Parise were aging players on huge contracts.

Umn, no because they haven't been interested in Sean Monahan for two years. Washington fans being so blind to Kuznetsov idioticy, and cancer acts is just very funny

Please explain to me how he's a "cancer" tears of joy . This isn't even a gotcha, I genuinely want to know what you think is a "cancer act". I will reiterate, outside of an incredibly rare second bout with Covid, there hasn't been any instances of "cancer acts". I don't understand how this rumor started, but the guy isn't even the most volatile russian on the Capitals, as that would go to Samsonov. Unlike Kuzy, Samsonov actually has had off ice problems such as getting injured before the 2020 playoffs.
    Sep. 13, 2021 at 5:06 a.m.
    Kuzy needs to be a 20g/50a player for the next 4 years to be worth it for MN from a contract perspective. I think he's a lock to do that for 2 seasons. It just depends on when his drop off begins, and how fast it happens. For some players it's a slow gradual decline, for others it's like falling off a cliff.

He's had some off ice issues over his career. The 2019 coke suspension, the COVID stuff from last year, and MN's cap issues might be enough for MN's GM to not even bother trying to make a trade work.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll