$912,500$912,500
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:34 p.m.
Banned
So bruins downgrade pick and player lol

thats a no

and dont tell me debrusk is worse than backlund, that would just be uneducated. He may have been worse this past year (and i dont even know if thats true or not, just giving the benefit of the doubt), but debrusk is younger, has more potential, and is a better player overall
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
What is you obsession with trading Mangiapane like he is a plug? He's like the most untouchable player on the team and has more value alone than that package from the Sharks
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:41 p.m.
Bruins reject and what an overpay for Eberle
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:42 p.m.
Pete
why not Gudbranson for fair $2M deal? put him on one line with Johnny the Hockey to intimidate opponents along the boards :-)
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: LogicOnly
So bruins downgrade pick and player lol

thats a no

and dont tell me debrusk is worse than backlund, that would just be uneducated. He may have been worse this past year (and i dont even know if thats true or not, just giving the benefit of the doubt), but debrusk is younger, has more potential, and is a better player overall

Come on man, DeBrusk is pretty well past his "has potential" point by now and has never once been better than Backlund. Were talking about one of the best defensive centers in the league here vs an at best 2nd line winger that has been heavily sheltered offensively and is not very good defensively
markmws liked this.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Come on man, DeBrusk is pretty well past his "has potential" point by now and has never once been better than Backlund. Were talking about one of the best defensive centers in the league here vs an at best 2nd line winger that has been heavily sheltered offensively and is not very good defensively

That is the worse thing I have ever heard.
Panarin broke into the league at like 26 lol, i get that he came from the KHL but everyone develops differently
If you think a 24 year old is past the point of potential, you know nothing about hockey and that is obvious lol
Sep. 11, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
Panarin broke into the league at like 26 lol, i get that he came from the KHL but everyone develops differently
If you think a 24 year old is past the point of potential, you know nothing about hockey and that is obvious lol

I am not saying he is 100% past his point of potential, its just very likely that what he has shown so far is probably his ceiling. Flames literally just traded Sam Bennett who when moved to Florida was fantastic. It it totally possible for DeBrusk to do that too but it probably won't be with the Bruins and right now his value is very likely around the same as what Bennett was traded for. Backlund is still definitely worth more than what Bennett was moved for.
markmws liked this.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 1:08 p.m.
Boston has no interest in that.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
Mark

I couldn't agree more. Backlund has been a pretty solid two-way center who averages around 40-45 points and around 20 goals per 82 games. Now, his contract - which runs until the end of the 23/24 season at $5.3 per - may one day become an issue. I doubt that the Flames trade him. DeBrusk, who is 24, hasn't been consistent enough offensively or defensively to warrent that risk from the Flames.

Please don't hate (there's FAR too much of that on this site), but in the absence of Krejčí, I would have though the Bruins would have been a bit more desperate for a second line center, and I am surprised about their confidence in Coyle and how he fairs next to Hall. Maybe Krejčí returns midseason, but I would frankly be surprised. Maybe Coyle works out, but with Marchand and Hall already ahead of him, DeBrusk is, at least at the moment, a third line left winger on this team with almost no chance of moving up. It's just reality. I know some see it differently. I'm excited to see the breakout that everyone's been mentioning would happen for the past 3 seasons.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 1:36 p.m.

Panarin is a stupid example, he was good enough to make the NHL several years earlier, he just had a KHL contract. Same with Kaprizov, he woulda been in the Calder debate if he’d come to the NHL 4 years ago, but he had a contract to fulfill. Those two are comparable to each other. DeBrusk is not even close. As for the trade, Backlund’s a centre, he’s fantastic defensively, and still scores 15-20 goals and 45-50 points from the 3rd line with amazing consistency. DeBrusk was on pace for 10 goals and 28 points last year and he’s gonna be “stuck” on the 3rd line again because he’s not better than Hall. His value is at an all time low, and he needs to either prove he deserves to be on the 2nd line or at least show he can be a solid 3rd line contributor if he wants to be more than a throw in to some trade. Not the centrepiece for a good 2-way centre.
Ledge_And_Dairy and markmws liked this.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Alfie11
Panarin is a stupid example, he was good enough to make the NHL several years earlier, he just had a KHL contract. Same with Kaprizov, he woulda been in the Calder debate if he’d come to the NHL 4 years ago, but he had a contract to fulfill. Those two are comparable to each other. DeBrusk is not even close. As for the trade, Backlund’s a centre, he’s fantastic defensively, and still scores 15-20 goals and 45-50 points from the 3rd line with amazing consistency. DeBrusk was on pace for 10 goals and 28 points last year and he’s gonna be “stuck” on the 3rd line again because he’s not better than Hall. His value is at an all time low, and he needs to either prove he deserves to be on the 2nd line or at least show he can be a solid 3rd line contributor if he wants to be more than a throw in to some trade. Not the centrepiece for a good 2-way centre.

Quoting: markmws
I couldn't agree more. Backlund has been a pretty solid two-way center who averages around 40-45 points and around 20 goals per 82 games. Now, his contract - which runs until the end of the 23/24 season at $5.3 per - may one day become an issue. I doubt that the Flames trade him. DeBrusk, who is 24, hasn't been consistent enough offensively or defensively to warrent that risk from the Flames.

Please don't hate (there's FAR too much of that on this site), but in the absence of Krejčí, I would have though the Bruins would have been a bit more desperate for a second line center, and I am surprised about their confidence in Coyle and how he fairs next to Hall. Maybe Krejčí returns midseason, but I would frankly be surprised. Maybe Coyle works out, but with Marchand and Hall already ahead of him, DeBrusk is, at least at the moment, a third line left winger on this team with almost no chance of moving up. It's just reality. I know some see it differently. I'm excited to see the breakout that everyone's been mentioning would happen for the past 3 seasons.

I am not saying he is 100% past his point of potential, its just very likely that what he has shown so far is probably his ceiling. Flames literally just traded Sam Bennett who when moved to Florida was fantastic. It it totally possible for DeBrusk to do that too but it probably won't be with the Bruins and right now his value is very likely around the same as what Bennett was traded for. Backlund is still definitely worth more than what Bennett was moved for.

Why do you think i said the KHL part, i know its not the best example, and yet it is still a solid example that gets the point across.
And guys come on, just think a little before commenting. Its not right to be doing this.
I just had someone call me someones other account, is this website this ****ing toxic?
Sep. 11, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
Mark
Quoting: Alfie11

Agreed. To me, they're night and day. Team actively look for players like Backlund. Maybe DeBrusk has "potential" that we haven't seen yet, but, at least to me, third-line players of his ilk are pretty easy (and affordable) to find.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
Mark
Why do you think i said the KHL part, i know its not the best example, and yet it is still a solid example that gets the point across.
And guys come on, just think a little before commenting. Its not right to be doing this.
I just had someone call me someones other account, is this website this ****ing toxic?

??? I never once bashed you, made fun of you, or said anything negative about your ideas. I was talking about DeBrusk's worth vs. Backlunds. Don't think I was against you, personally.

Now........

You could have worded this a bit differently. I mean, adding the lol was a bit condescending and could be taken as harsh. Calling something the "worst think I have ever heard." is also a bit harsh. You can be critical or disagree without bad-mouthing someone's ideas. What you just did, at least to me, makes this site as toxic as it is. Again, I am not against you. But you need to realise that you're being a part of the problem and you can play an active role in fixing that problem. Okay?
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Sep. 11, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Edited Sep. 11, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.

Panarin is not a "solid example" at all, it's completely unrelated. My example of Bennett is a very solid example of where DeBrusk sits right now

Also complaining about the website being to toxic, especially towards you after saying this to me "you know nothing about hockey and that is obvious" is pretty hypocritical
Sep. 12, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned
??? I never once bashed you, made fun of you, or said anything negative about your ideas. I was talking about DeBrusk's worth vs. Backlunds. Don't think I was against you, personally.

Now........

You could have worded this a bit differently. I mean, adding the lol was a bit condescending and could be taken as harsh. Calling something the "worst think I have ever heard." is also a bit harsh. You can be critical or disagree without bad-mouthing someone's ideas. What you just did, at least to me, makes this site as toxic as it is. Again, I am not against you. But you need to realise that you're being a part of the problem and you can play an active role in fixing that problem. Okay?

I added the lol because its just true. if someone thinks a 24 year old is past their prime, they shouldnt be arguing with people on this website. that simple
Panarin is not a "solid example" at all, it's completely unrelated. My example of Bennett is a very solid example of where DeBrusk sits right now

Also complaining about the website being to toxic, especially towards you after saying this to me "you know nothing about hockey and that is obvious" is pretty hypocritical

If someone makes a point that makes no sense at all, I will call it out. Calling a 24 year old past their prime is exactly that, i have no regrets, i did what was right and spoke logiclly respectfully and correctly
Sep. 12, 2021 at 3:14 p.m.
I added the lol because its just true. if someone thinks a 24 year old is past their prime, they shouldnt be arguing with people on this website. that simple

If someone makes a point that makes no sense at all, I will call it out. Calling a 24 year old past their prime is exactly that, i have no regrets, i did what was right and spoke logiclly respectfully and correctly

I never called him past his prime, wtf? You are completely changing the narrative to justify your actions.

That was also definitely not at all respectful
Sep. 12, 2021 at 3:26 p.m.
Banned

I never called him past his prime, wtf? You are completely changing the narrative to justify your actions.

That was also definitely not at all respectful

"Come on man, DeBrusk is pretty well past his "has potential" point by now" - You
Dude you are so abnoxious lmao
I cant stand people like you, glad to know im good though
Sep. 12, 2021 at 4:17 p.m.
"Come on man, DeBrusk is pretty well past his "has potential" point by now" - You
Dude you are so abnoxious lmao
I cant stand people like you, glad to know im good though

Prime and potential are not the same thing. LMAO,

He is 24 and turns 25 in a month, plus he has been in the league for 4 years now. It is very unlikely he takes another step forward in development at this point, hence "pretty well past his 'has potential' point by now." You cant keep acting like he's a prospect. Can he bounce back? Probably, I see him as a solid middle 6 40-45 point offensive winger, not much more though. Is it possible for him to exceed that? Yes but unlikely, refer to my Sam Bennett comparison that you quoted. You can also refer to Drouin as well for a similar player in a similar situation.

This is all "logic" that you are so adamant on using.

Also the word is "obnoxious" not "abnoxious:
Sep. 12, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
Banned
Prime and potential are not the same thing. LMAO,

He is 24 and turns 25 in a month, plus he has been in the league for 4 years now. It is very unlikely he takes another step forward in development at this point, hence "pretty well past his 'has potential' point by now." You cant keep acting like he's a prospect. Can he bounce back? Probably, I see him as a solid middle 6 40-45 point offensive winger, not much more though. Is it possible for him to exceed that? Yes but unlikely, refer to my Sam Bennett comparison that you quoted. You can also refer to Drouin as well for a similar player in a similar situation.

This is all "logic" that you are so adamant on using.

Also the word is "obnoxious" not "abnoxious:

Prime is when someone has reached their potential.
thats literally the sports definition

damn you are ruthlessly dumb
Sep. 12, 2021 at 5:39 p.m.
Prime is when someone has reached their potential.
thats literally the sports definition

damn you are ruthlessly dumb

Do you even read? I am saying he is in his prime now, as in he is probably not going to get much better (if at all) than he already is. I very clearly said this. All you are doing now is trying to change what I said so you can hurl insults at me

Also another example of how you are once again not at all respectful, you are the only one being toxic in this thread
Sep. 13, 2021 at 5:46 a.m.
Mark

But that's your opinion, right? The other person is entitled to their opinion, too. We don't put "lol" to prove a point. There are plenty of ideas from people on this site that I disagree with. However, I try my hardest not to add to that discourse by egging someone on with an "lol" or "that's the worst thing I've ever heard," because that simply doesn't add to your argument or casts you in a positive light.

Do you even read? I am saying he is in his prime now, as in he is probably not going to get much better (if at all) than he already is. I very clearly said this. All you are doing now is trying to change what I said so you can hurl insults at me

Also another example of how you are once again not at all respectful, you are the only one being toxic in this thread

Well said. smile
Sep. 13, 2021 at 9:56 a.m.
Banned

But that's your opinion, right? The other person is entitled to their opinion, too. We don't put "lol" to prove a point. There are plenty of ideas from people on this site that I disagree with. However, I try my hardest not to add to that discourse by egging someone on with an "lol" or "that's the worst thing I've ever heard," because that simply doesn't add to your argument or casts you in a positive light.

Well said. smile

Lmao no, a 24 year old can and probably will still grow. He is not nearly in his prime yet and thats the point.

And yeah, if it is an opinion, dont get mad at me when I use facts to friggin argue my side lol
Its childish

guys stop. You are showing your true colors
Sep. 13, 2021 at 10:09 a.m.
Mark
Lmao no, a 24 year old can and probably will still grow. He is not nearly in his prime yet and thats the point.

And yeah, if it is an opinion, dont get mad at me when I use facts to friggin argue my side lol
Its childish

guys stop. You are showing your true colors

How have I been childish???? Look, this conversation is over. At no point did you use any facts: they were opinions. And we had ours. I never got mad, I just stated opinions, which at no point disparaged or demeaned you in any way. Stop telling me or us that we are childish when you are the one who uses "LMAO" in their messages to demean us. "logic" should not be in your name.

Good luck. I hope, at some point, you realize that you need to grow up. Because, right now, you're just not worth it.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 10:19 a.m.
Banned
How have I been childish???? Look, this conversation is over. At no point did you use any facts: they were opinions. And we had ours. I never got mad, I just stated opinions, which at no point disparaged or demeaned you in any way. Stop telling me or us that we are childish when you are the one who uses "LMAO" in their messages to demean us. "logic" should not be in your name.

Good luck. I hope, at some point, you realize that you need to grow up. Because, right now, you're just not worth it.

Dude, wow this is embarrasing. Anyone looking in from the outside can literally see me being the mature one

I have never seen someone so immature that they tell ME to grow up.

Damn, learn

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll