Its Timo Time

Created by: Anus_McLeod
Team: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 8, 2021
Published: Sep. 13, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Get it? Tebow/Timo...

Crappy jokes aside, thoughts on this? It wasn't the case a couple years ago, but it doesn't seem like it would take a top prospect at this point (especially with the high salary next season). I'd rather have Hertl, but Timo rounds out the lineup pretty nicely as well.

Between you and me, I really just did this for the "Timo Time" title.
Trades
COL
  1. Meier, Timo ($1,500,000 retained)
SJS
  1. Compher, J.T.
  2. Helleson, Drew [Reserve List]
  3. Kaut, Martin
  4. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$77,253,130$1,741,463$3,432,500$4,246,870
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 13, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
What cha going to do brother when mikko mania runs wild on you
Anus_McLeod and csick liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 2:56 p.m.
In Zito We Trust
no incentive for sj to trade him for this poor package
csick liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
No thanks, we'll pass
csick liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Quoting: VijayPatel11
no incentive for sj to trade him for this poor package

I can think of 10 million reasons why the return might not be all that great if they decide to move him.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Temple of Ferraro
Don't hate it honestly. Maybe replace Compher and Kaut with an A to B level prospect that can join the NHL in 2-3 years.
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
I can think of 10 million reasons why the return might not be all that great if they decide to move him.

It's a qualifying offer, not necessarily what the team has to pay him. He will get a bit less than Hertls next deal.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
Quoting: lilfimpen
It's a qualifying offer, not necessarily what the team has to pay him. He will get a bit less than Hertls next deal.

It's real dollars though too. Owners like money. And it's an especially tough pill when the league is already hurting.

It may not make sense to move him from SJ's perspective. I believe that if they do though, that will hurt his value pretty significantly. I won't pretend to know how much,but I don't think it would be seen as small potatoes.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
Quoting: Bias_it_self
Don't hate it honestly. Maybe replace Compher and Kaut with an A to B level prospect that can join the NHL in 2-3 years.

Compher is most likely needed for Cap reasons, but Kaut is potentially replaceable with someone else (or some combination that would work better). Tbh though,, Kaut seems like a fit for the Sharks in my eyes, which is why I went that direction. It wasn't a one sided thought process.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 4:04 p.m.
Change the 2nd to a first if the sharks are retaining and taking on compher.
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 4:06 p.m.
Quoting: glarson17
Change the 2nd to a first if the sharks are retaining and taking on compher.

I think the first is a deal breaker for Sakic but fair take.
glarson17 liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
I think the first is a deal breaker for Sakic but fair take.

Yeah I don’t mind the offer, seems to fit well with the sharks but I feel Doug Wilson will push for more or at least he should imo.
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
Meier still has tremendous upside and Id like to see what he's going to do this year before moving him. When it comes to money, SJs owner is one of the 100 richest men alive so I don't think Meiers next deal is going to break his back. Plattner is the founder of SAP lol, he'll be fine he always give Doug maximum flex and was apart of the Karlsson negotiations. He's not afraid to spend and B prospects don't sell tickets, star players do. So if we're talking on a pure revenue standpoint, Compher and Kaut are going to sell allot less that Meier.
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Not likely Meier gets moved, his value is at an all time low, and SJ isn't exactly pressed to move him.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 5:21 p.m.
Representing the 505
This isn't a bad idea but I agree with those that think it would take more, probably more than the Avs would be willing to give, TBH. He would probably fit well in the top 6 but I'm sure the Sharks would rather hang onto him. Hertl is probably more likely to be traded since he is older and isn't committed to re-signing. Chances are, you could probably get him for about the same package as what it'd take to get Meier; Hertl is the more versatile player so you might as well go after him with a good package.
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Sep. 13, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.
Quoting: NMAvsFan
This isn't a bad idea but I agree with those that think it would take more, probably more than the Avs would be willing to give, TBH. He would probably fit well in the top 6 but I'm sure the Sharks would rather hang onto him. Hertl is probably more likely to be traded since he is older and isn't committed to re-signing. Chances are, you could probably get him for about the same package as what it'd take to get Meier; Hertl is the more versatile player so you might as well go after him with a good package.

I'd rather have Hertl anyway, but this is at least different. I do think folks here are underrating Helleson, but I have always liked him more than most.

For discussion sake, let's say there is a bidding war. Would you do Barron, 1st, Kaut (or Bowers) for Hertl with retention and a reasonable extension? I probably would.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 7:00 a.m.
Patient Sharks Fan
I'd rather have Hertl anyway, but this is at least different. I do think folks here are underrating Helleson, but I have always liked him more than most.

For discussion sake, let's say there is a bidding war. Would you do Barron, 1st, Kaut (or Bowers) for Hertl with retention and a reasonable extension? I probably would.

Not even close on Hertl. You want our best player and one of the best centers in the game you better be prepared to move Newhook.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 8:20 a.m.
It's real dollars though too. Owners like money. And it's an especially tough pill when the league is already hurting.

It may not make sense to move him from SJ's perspective. I believe that if they do though, that will hurt his value pretty significantly. I won't pretend to know how much,but I don't think it would be seen as small potatoes.

Interesting. Reading between the lines of Kevin Kurz over the past several months, Meier, Leblanc, and Simek seem to be on the block. SJS FO may have soured a bit on Meier, feeling that he's not quite living up to his contract and that he may be on the E Kane side of the locker room divisions. NJD may well be interested in Meier, but teams finding the last year of his deal a bit too cash rich - the possibility of the 10mill qualifying offer less of an issue now that Meier is not viewed as that level of player and the cap isn't rising quickly. Speculation of speculation of course.

COL should jump at that, but SJS would want a Seth Jones style return. Hertl's value so difficult to ascertain, as it comes down to how much he wields his very broad NTC and if he's being moved as a rental or willing to sign a contract with his new team. In terms of desirable locations or contenders, NYR might offer more.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 8:57 a.m.
Representing the 505
Not even close on Hertl. You want our best player and one of the best centers in the game you better be prepared to move Newhook.

There is truth to that but it's important to remember that Hertl holds a lot of the cards here. He can basically choose where he wants to go and Wilson can find the best deal available from those 3 clubs or he risks letting him walk for nothing in the off-season. I'd think, if Hertl says he doesn't want to re-sign, he gets traded whether or not the Sharks get exactly what they want in return.

For the record, I think it's fair to ask for Newhook considering that Hertl is a known quantity, is pretty young and would put the Avs on a higher tier immediately. It's more realistic that Newhook would be included in a deal for Hertl but what most Avs fans would want to offer comes from the defensive depth in the system which is understandable. IMO, it's a tough call because you know what you're getting in Hertl but you're also giving up a potential 60-70 point two-way center who comes at cost-control for a while. The thing is, even if all the Sharks could get back was a good defensive prospect that they don't think they need, they can flip that asset for something they do need (forwards) from another team that needs defensive prospects. If I'm the Sharks, I take that if it's the best offer overall.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.

Quoting: lrw2105
Interesting. Reading between the lines of Kevin Kurz over the past several months, Meier, Leblanc, and Simek seem to be on the block. SJS FO may have soured a bit on Meier, feeling that he's not quite living up to his contract and that he may be on the E Kane side of the locker room divisions. NJD may well be interested in Meier, but teams finding the last year of his deal a bit too cash rich - the possibility of the 10mill qualifying offer less of an issue now that Meier is not viewed as that level of player and the cap isn't rising quickly. Speculation of speculation of course.

COL should jump at that, but SJS would want a Seth Jones style return. Hertl's value so difficult to ascertain, as it comes down to how much he wields his very broad NTC and if he's being moved as a rental or willing to sign a contract with his new team. In terms of desirable locations or contenders, NYR might offer more.

Quoting: NMAvsFan
There is truth to that but it's important to remember that Hertl holds a lot of the cards here. He can basically choose where he wants to go and Wilson can find the best deal available from those 3 clubs or he risks letting him walk for nothing in the off-season. I'd think, if Hertl says he doesn't want to re-sign, he gets traded whether or not the Sharks get exactly what they want in return.

For the record, I think it's fair to ask for Newhook considering that Hertl is a known quantity, is pretty young and would put the Avs on a higher tier immediately. It's more realistic that Newhook would be included in a deal for Hertl but what most Avs fans would want to offer comes from the defensive depth in the system which is understandable. IMO, it's a tough call because you know what you're getting in Hertl but you're also giving up a potential 60-70 point two-way center who comes at cost-control for a while. The thing is, even if all the Sharks could get back was a good defensive prospect that they don't think they need, they can flip that asset for something they do need (forwards) from another team that needs defensive prospects. If I'm the Sharks, I take that if it's the best offer overall.

I took the reported asking price and worked with what's available from Colorado's perspective. Guys like Newhook simply aren't available these days. It's part of why Eichel is still in Buffalo. Maybe that changes with Hertl, but the trade protection makes me think that won't be the case.

Barron is a very good prospect. I'd hate to lose him tbh. And adding a first plus more is a fair starting point (imo).

If Newhook is a must for SJ, it's likely a non-starter for Colorado. They can try and get a better return elsewhere. Sometimes deals don't work, and this could be one of those instances. Hertl is really freaking good, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone pays more. I don't think it will be the Avs though.
NMAvsFan liked this.
Sep. 14, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Representing the 505
I took the reported asking price and worked with what's available from Colorado's perspective. Guys like Newhook simply aren't available these days. It's part of why Eichel is still in Buffalo. Maybe that changes with Hertl, but the trade protection makes me think that won't be the case.

Barron is a very good prospect. I'd hate to lose him tbh. And adding a first plus more is a fair starting point (imo).

If Newhook is a must for SJ, it's likely a non-starter for Colorado. They can try and get a better return elsewhere. Sometimes deals don't work, and this could be one of those instances. Hertl is really freaking good, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone pays more. I don't think it will be the Avs though.

That's my take, too. I can't see Joe giving up Newhook, even for Hertl. But a 1st, Kaut, Bowers (if they aren't going to ever give them a shot) and one of Helleson, Barron or Behrens isn't a bad offer. They might get outbid but that isn't an insulting offer, especially for a guy who only has to give you three teams he's willing to go to and has the power to walk at the end of the season.
Anus_McLeod liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll