SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Question regarding new streaming for this year (ESPN+, etc)

Sep. 15, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Hi folks,

I know a lot/most people on the intrawebbers get their NHL action through other devious methods... but, I prefer to try it the other way. I don't have cable because it's a waste of money for me (I only watch hockey on live TV, so it's easier to cancel apps than it is to cancel cable for 6 months out of the year). I'm in the NJ area and typically get FuboTV for my local games on MSG and such (NYR, NYI, NJD, and PHI... yes, I'm blacked out by 4 teams!), but I'm trying to budget for ESPN+ and whatever else is new this year, but I'm not finding a whole lot of information

So far the only info I can find, is that it's telling all past NHL.tv customers, to just get ESPN+, which appears to be only $7 a month. However, I can't seem to find any info on the out-of-market package. I can't imagine that would be bundled in with ESPN+ at $7 a month, right? I don't have an account with ESPN+ yet because I'm gonna save my $7 til we get closer to the year.

At the end of the day my question is, what is the price for the out of market package on ESPN+? Or is it really just included in that $7 a month? Is there anything else new I should look into? FuboTV seems to have regular ESPN, but doesn't have TNT... I suppose if enough good games are on TNT, I'd have to figure that out separately

Thanks for any help!
Sep. 16, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: mvp13
Hi folks,

I know a lot/most people on the intrawebbers get their NHL action through other devious methods... but, I prefer to try it the other way. I don't have cable because it's a waste of money for me (I only watch hockey on live TV, so it's easier to cancel apps than it is to cancel cable for 6 months out of the year). I'm in the NJ area and typically get FuboTV for my local games on MSG and such (NYR, NYI, NJD, and PHI... yes, I'm blacked out by 4 teams!), but I'm trying to budget for ESPN+ and whatever else is new this year, but I'm not finding a whole lot of information

So far the only info I can find, is that it's telling all past NHL.tv customers, to just get ESPN+, which appears to be only $7 a month. However, I can't seem to find any info on the out-of-market package. I can't imagine that would be bundled in with ESPN+ at $7 a month, right? I don't have an account with ESPN+ yet because I'm gonna save my $7 til we get closer to the year.

At the end of the day my question is, what is the price for the out of market package on ESPN+? Or is it really just included in that $7 a month? Is there anything else new I should look into? FuboTV seems to have regular ESPN, but doesn't have TNT... I suppose if enough good games are on TNT, I'd have to figure that out separately

Thanks for any help!

There's a website where you can watch any NHL game for free. Im not sure if Im allowed to post the link but let me know if you want it.
Sep. 16, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
There's a website where you can watch any NHL game for free. Im not sure if Im allowed to post the link but let me know if you want it.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/209232
Devil liked this.
Sep. 16, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/209232

Makes sense
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Sep. 16, 2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Pretty big bummer that most people only know about the illegal ones haha... well, if I figure anything out I'll post here. I'm probably just stupid or naïve but I like to attempt to support the League through doing it "the right way", although the changes this year seem to be making that difficult. With my set up, anyway.

Unless this is all for naught, and the out of market package is just on the base ESPN plus network, which would be quite the cost savings. That's the only reason I'm questioning it haha. I believe NHL.tv is normally $25 a month (or you save a lot by buying it for the full season), but this would be $7 a month if there aren't any additional fees

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll