Forums/Armchair-GM

If Reichel makes the team

Created by: Kyle_Davidson
Team: 2021-22 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 18, 2021
Published: Sep. 18, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don’t think he will make the team out of camp, but if he does I don’t know what to do with Borgstrom.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,030,005$452,439$3,140,000$15,469,995
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$307,500$308K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$997,500$997,500
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
RFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000 ($2,375,000$2M$2,375,000$2M)
RW, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2021 at 10:16 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Sep. 18, 2021 at 10:25 a.m.
He played a really good game. He's still small (needs to physically mature a bit more) and should get plenty of AHL ice time before being brought up. It's possible his development might trigger a trade either during the season or next summer though.
NickC1988 and Kyle_Davidson liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 10:40 a.m.
Chicago
Quoting: exo2769
He played a really good game. He's still small (needs to physically mature a bit more) and should get plenty of AHL ice time before being brought up. It's possible his development might trigger a trade either during the season or next summer though.

He looks really good, I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the team. I have a weird feeling Kubalik gets moved in the offseason to recoup a 2022 1st rounder. Typical Stan fashion trading young forwards about to enter their prime.
exo2769 and Kyle_Davidson liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 11:13 a.m.
exo2769
Quoting: NickC1988
He looks really good, I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the team. I have a weird feeling Kubalik gets moved in the offseason to recoup a 2022 1st rounder. Typical Stan fashion trading young forwards about to enter their prime.

We'll certainly see. That does seem like a Bowman move. The only catch IMO is that we have a glut of centers, but need that snipe winger. Not saying you're wrong, just that it might be Strome or even Borgstrom. Depends on which one wins the job and how well they play. Thats who I would be shopping...that's me though. Reichel finished the DEL season as a center and played center last night. I think the Hawks are going to keep that going. I don't think they consider him a LW anymore, but again...we'll see.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
Chicago
We'll certainly see. That does seem like a Bowman move. The only catch IMO is that we have a glut of centers, but need that snipe winger. Not saying you're wrong, just that it might be Strome or even Borgstrom. Depends on which one wins the job and how well they play. Thats who I would be shopping...that's me though. Reichel finished the DEL season as a center and played center last night. I think the Hawks are going to keep that going. I don't think they consider him a LW anymore, but again...we'll see.

I don't see the point in developing him as a C unless Toews plans to retire in the next 2 seasons. Barratt is still progressing in the minors, Borgstrom, Strome, and Dach are all looking for top 6 roles, Reichel furthers the logjam there. Like you said, they need that scoring winger, well, Reichel can certainly score. Kind of feels like Teravainen all over again.
exo2769 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
exo2769
I don't see the point in developing him as a C unless Toews plans to retire in the next 2 seasons. Barratt is still progressing in the minors, Borgstrom, Strome, and Dach are all looking for top 6 roles, Reichel furthers the logjam there. Like you said, they need that scoring winger, well, Reichel can certainly score. Kind of feels like Teravainen all over again.

I know I'm reading too much into one game...that also doesn't mean much to begin with. I'm just curious about the mindset when the Hawks are on the PP last night...Reichel took the dot instead of Barrett. With that said, Reichel still played the perimeter and Barrett the hardnose net front presence. Just trying to get into the mindset behind some of these decisions.
NickC1988 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 2:16 p.m.
Not sure if you read the athletic or not, but Scott Powers seems to think Reichel will make the team. As for Borgstrom, not sure what we would do because theres no way he would clear waivers
NickC1988 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 3:24 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Wadejos123
Not sure if you read the athletic or not, but Scott Powers seems to think Reichel will make the team. As for Borgstrom, not sure what we would do because theres no way he would clear waivers

Even if Reichel is better than Borg, I think he will start in the AHL. I would also like to stress that Powers and Lazerus have been wrong about which rookie game players will break out at camp before. The hawks can find ways to keep him in the NHL, even if it's 4th line minutes to start... they will have to.
NickC1988, exo2769 and Wadejos123 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.

I know I'm reading too much into one game...that also doesn't mean much to begin with. I'm just curious about the mindset when the Hawks are on the PP last night...Reichel took the dot instead of Barrett. With that said, Reichel still played the perimeter and Barrett the hardnose net front presence. Just trying to get into the mindset behind some of these decisions.

I know I’ve brought this up many times before, but let me just raise the question but now involving Reichel. Developing reichel as a center as opposed to a winger seems to be a point raised in your discussion. Would it really be that bad if Dach actually became a winger and reichel was developed as a center? With reichel, I do get the logic, boy’s got a freakin motor on him. He’s intelligent and he’s fearless. Scoring is also going to come second nature eventually, or rather hopefully. Dach still comes off as defensive and safe, if not flamboyant and flashy when it’s not necessary. Yes, he’s a playmaker by trade, but I don’t believe we’ve actually seen that in spades yet. Reichel looks like the kind of player who can score goals and gets assists while maintaining great discipline in the defensive zone. Dach truly doesn’t.

So again, just simply asking, is there really anything wrong with Dach being a winger? It’s a not a disaster if that were to happen. Sure it wouldn’t good next to his original projection, but I always thought he’d eventually be a winger anyway. He just doesn’t scream center long term. Reichel has all the tools for it if he’s trained and grown the right way. Dach has hit too many stumbling blocks.
exo2769 and Wadejos123 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 7:19 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: HatterTParty
I know I’ve brought this up many times before, but let me just raise the question but now involving Reichel. Developing reichel as a center as opposed to a winger seems to be a point raised in your discussion. Would it really be that bad if Dach actually became a winger and reichel was developed as a center? With reichel, I do get the logic, boy’s got a freakin motor on him. He’s intelligent and he’s fearless. Scoring is also going to come second nature eventually, or rather hopefully. Dach still comes off as defensive and safe, if not flamboyant and flashy when it’s not necessary. Yes, he’s a playmaker by trade, but I don’t believe we’ve actually seen that in spades yet. Reichel looks like the kind of player who can score goals and gets assists while maintaining great discipline in the defensive zone. Dach truly doesn’t.

So again, just simply asking, is there really anything wrong with Dach being a winger? It’s a not a disaster if that were to happen. Sure it wouldn’t good next to his original projection, but I always thought he’d eventually be a winger anyway. He just doesn’t scream center long term. Reichel has all the tools for it if he’s trained and grown the right way. Dach has hit too many stumbling blocks.

I don't have any issue with Dach at wing. He's outstanding on the boards on the puck is glued to his stick.
HatterTParty liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 7:27 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago

The only thing I don’t like about Dach at C is his face off numbers. That’s it, I see no reason why he should be forced to wing permanently… I do think he can learn for JT for a bit and be fine.
exo2769 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
The only thing I don’t like about Dach at C is his face off numbers. That’s it, I see no reason why he should be forced to wing permanently… I do think he can learn for JT for a bit and be fine.

You’re 100% right on JT. But the more I look at JT and the last ten years of the hawks, think about what we’ve seen. We’ve seen Phillip danault, nick schmaltz, and teuvo teravainen (kind of) come into the organization with varying levels of promise at the center position (again teuvo only slightly). My hesitation when it comes to Dach at center learning from JT is that I’m not convinced that JT significantly influenced any of those previous three players before Dach. Yes, Dach may have more natural skill and talent then the others before him, but I don’t think that means JT can get the best out of Dach whatsoever.

Dach being on the wing means a solid puck controller who can win board battles. I’ll keep on saying it’d be great to see Dach turn into another mark stone. And why not? Full disclosure mark stone is my absolute favorite player in the league, but Dach could be that guy. JT doesn’t have a good mentorship record as is. That’s not a hit on him at all, it’s just a look at the record and facts. Dach just doesn’t have that “it” factor at center for me.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 1:34 a.m.

100% agree here. Dach is so strong on the boards and honestly plays better at RW imo. If Reichel is a good center and can win enough faceoffs it's worth a shot
Sep. 20, 2021 at 12:29 a.m.
Chicago

I don't necessarily mind Dach being a winger, the only blemish so far (Aside from his inconsistent play, normal for a young player) is his face offs. However, I do like his speed and size down the middle. Something that is slowly becoming a rarity in the league, but might be a key component to a playoff run. He has a good 200 foot game that will become better with age. Even with moving him to the wing, there's still too many centers on this roster if Reichel makes it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll