LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
NTC
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$886,667$886,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
No way Sabers do that
sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.
Sabres decline
sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
uhhhhhhh what?????? why would buffalo consider this

peterka is our 2nd best prospect
Sep. 18, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Shibbal18
You have the wrong Aho. Sabres want no part of this
sabres89 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 4:10 p.m.
Shockingly bad.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 4:18 p.m.
Sabres fan
Good thing Jason Botterill is in Seattle now. Not only would he accept this trade for some stupid reason, he’d probably also let the third become a conditional 4th. He really was an idiot.
sabres89 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
Massive decline by buffalo.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:23 a.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
Good thing Jason Botterill is in Seattle now. Not only would he accept this trade for some stupid reason, he’d probably also let the third become a conditional 4th. He really was an idiot.
The only prospects Botterill traded was Nylander and he got Jokiharju and Guhle for Montour.
What prospect are you thinking Jason traded away?
Montour was totally mis used by Krueger and undervalued by Adams while Jokiharju is miles better than Nylander.
@sabres89
Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Sabres fan
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
The only prospects Botterill traded was Nylander and he got Jokiharju and Guhle for Montour.
What prospect are you thinking Jason traded away?
Montour was totally mis used by Krueger and undervalued by Adams while Jokiharju is miles better than Nylander.
sabres89

We all know he grossly overpaid for Evander Kane and Montour. Colorado eventually broke even on O’Reilly. But my post was mostly about how he always bent over in every trade, giving favorable conditions to the other team with picks, even when Buffalo had the piece they wanted and not the other way around.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
We all know he grossly overpaid for Evander Kane and Montour. Colorado eventually broke even on O’Reilly. But my post was mostly about how he always bent over in every trade, giving favorable conditions to the other team with picks, even when Buffalo had the piece they wanted and not the other way around.
First he did not over pay for Kane, the was Murray's pick up.
Krueger mis used Montour, as Brandon was the best Sabre defenseman his first 20 games with the Sabres when Housley was the coach.
You do not believe me, he had 10 pts in 20 games and the best +/- of all skaters during that period.
Guhle has 36 NHL games since arriving in SC and Brayden Tracey (drafted by the Ducks with the pick) has ZERO AHL pts in 12 games. How is that an over pay?
We can all lament O'Reilly but Ryan said he gave up before the 2017 started. On Dec 31 2018 that trade looked really good as the Sabres were in first place, the Blues were in last and discussing breaking up the team, until Binnington saved the season going 24-5-1 after January first.
While Krueger killed Skinner that trade looked really good.
You must be thinking of Murray.
As you are correct, he gave up too much for Kane.
He gave up a first and took on a cap dump to get Lehner who at the time was Ottawa's third GK.
But some of Murray's biggest hits (other than Kane and Lehner) were:
Giving up a second for Gorges.
Two seconds and McNabb for Nicolas Deslauriers and Hudson Fasching.
Getting only a second for Stewart when in October Chiarelli offered two seconds.
Buggering the Moulson trade when LAK wanted him and Ehrhoff.

But if you want to talk about Jason, his biggest mistake was only getting a 4th for Scandella then compounding a bad trade and sending that 4th for Frolik.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 10:56 p.m.
Sabres fan
First he did not over pay for Kane, the was Murray's pick up.
Krueger mis used Montour, as Brandon was the best Sabre defenseman his first 20 games with the Sabres when Housley was the coach.
You do not believe me, he had 10 pts in 20 games and the best +/- of all skaters during that period.
Guhle has 36 NHL games since arriving in SC and Brayden Tracey (drafted by the Ducks with the pick) has ZERO AHL pts in 12 games. How is that an over pay?
We can all lament O'Reilly but Ryan said he gave up before the 2017 started. On Dec 31 2018 that trade looked really good as the Sabres were in first place, the Blues were in last and discussing breaking up the team, until Binnington saved the season going 24-5-1 after January first.
While Krueger killed Skinner that trade looked really good.
You must be thinking of Murray.
As you are correct, he gave up too much for Kane.
He gave up a first and took on a cap dump to get Lehner who at the time was Ottawa's third GK.
But some of Murray's biggest hits (other than Kane and Lehner) were:
Giving up a second for Gorges.
Two seconds and McNabb for Nicolas Deslauriers and Hudson Fasching.
Getting only a second for Stewart when in October Chiarelli offered two seconds.
Buggering the Moulson trade when LAK wanted him and Ehrhoff.

But if you want to talk about Jason, his biggest mistake was only getting a 4th for Scandella then compounding a bad trade and sending that 4th for Frolik.

OK, acquiring Kane was Murray. Giving Kane away was Botterill. We got precisely nothing basically for Kane, just the conditional 1st when they resigned him (A trade condition we all know would not be allowed now). He still overpaid for Montour, handing Anaheim the better of our other first round picks when he could’ve just told them take the lower one or screw off. His thing was always giving the other team favorable trade conditional picks, it was really annoying.

At the time the Skinner trade looked like a steal. I still like turning Rodrigues and Sheary into Kahun, but we also let him walk away. Most of his other trades were of very little consequence, IE bringing in Simmonds for five games. His free agent signings weren’t exactly banner worthy either. But to be fair when was the last time the Sabres brought in a free agent that actually panned out? I suppose even Taylor Hall being mediocre still netted us a decent young player and 2nd rounder, and it only cost us money. I still like Kevyn Adams better now. He hasn’t actually made a bad trade yet. Maybe Hinestroza will replace Lazar as a third line player that will hang around beyond one year.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 10:24 a.m.
OK, acquiring Kane was Murray. Giving Kane away was Botterill. We got precisely nothing basically for Kane, just the conditional 1st when they resigned him (A trade condition we all know would not be allowed now). He still overpaid for Montour, handing Anaheim the better of our other first round picks when he could’ve just told them take the lower one or screw off. His thing was always giving the other team favorable trade conditional picks, it was really annoying.

At the time the Skinner trade looked like a steal. I still like turning Rodrigues and Sheary into Kahun, but we also let him walk away. Most of his other trades were of very little consequence, IE bringing in Simmonds for five games. His free agent signings weren’t exactly banner worthy either. But to be fair when was the last time the Sabres brought in a free agent that actually panned out? I suppose even Taylor Hall being mediocre still netted us a decent young player and 2nd rounder, and it only cost us money. I still like Kevyn Adams better now. He hasn’t actually made a bad trade yet. Maybe Hinestroza will replace Lazar as a third line player that will hang around beyond one year.
Good chatting you, The Sabres are in the doldrums and it will take time to get them out.
Let me remind you, the Sharks were the ONLY team that wanted Kane. I guess you missed my comment about Montour being the Sabres best defenseman the 20 games he played for Housley. The Ducks got nothing for him. Guhle who is still playing in the AHL and a forward who has Zero AHL pts in a dozen games.

Murray set the rebuild back by at least four years and now it appears he set it back 10 years.
The team had no depth and only two NHL defensemen (McCabe and Ristolainen) at the time he was fired.
He left Botterill one of the NHL's worse prospect pools, and over paid forwards Moulson and Okposo.

Back to the TDL trades, Simmons and Kahun were perfect,
Buffalo needed a physical RW and more scoring, which each of them provided.
At the time of the trade the Sabres were close to the playoffs, but they proceeded to lose their next 6 games.
A point in any of those games and the team is in the expanded playoffs.

Hall for a second was a disgrace, Montour for a third was nearly as bad, his signings last year were terrible when there were much better options (BTW, I complained about his signings last year before the season even started).
Everyone knew Hall had the talent and Krueger was misusing him.
Go back a year in ACGM, nearly everyone thought Hall would bring a first and more.

Back to Adams, losing Larsson over Eakin, not signing Pysyk last year, other than Sheahan (who had as many pts as Cozens) his signings were absolutely terrible,
Even Hall, while being a great move, was overpaid by nearly twice.
I think you will eventually find that ALL of the recent signings and trades were engineered by Karmanos and Granato.
Granato was a coach when Caggiula, Davidson, Hayden and Hinostroza played with the Hawks (Hinostroza also played with Granato).
The other GM's knew Adams was over his head and they took advantage of him.

Let me give you some thing else to consider.
The Amerks made the playoffs every year Botterill was GM. The Amerks missed the playoffs every year Murray was GM and the first year Adams was GM.
Building an NHL team starts by developing a winning attitude in the minors.
I will blame Botterill for picking Krueger as his GM.
I will bet you anything that now Karmanos is Associate (not assistant) GM, the Amerks will make the playoffs again.

Well that is my rant, I am not at all sold on Adams, but we will see if Karmanos can straighten him out.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
Sabres fan
Good chatting you, The Sabres are in the doldrums and it will take time to get them out.
Let me remind you, the Sharks were the ONLY team that wanted Kane. I guess you missed my comment about Montour being the Sabres best defenseman the 20 games he played for Housley. The Ducks got nothing for him. Guhle who is still playing in the AHL and a forward who has Zero AHL pts in a dozen games.

Murray set the rebuild back by at least four years and now it appears he set it back 10 years.
The team had no depth and only two NHL defensemen (McCabe and Ristolainen) at the time he was fired.
He left Botterill one of the NHL's worse prospect pools, and over paid forwards Moulson and Okposo.

Back to the TDL trades, Simmons and Kahun were perfect,
Buffalo needed a physical RW and more scoring, which each of them provided.
At the time of the trade the Sabres were close to the playoffs, but they proceeded to lose their next 6 games.
A point in any of those games and the team is in the expanded playoffs.

Hall for a second was a disgrace, Montour for a third was nearly as bad, his signings last year were terrible when there were much better options (BTW, I complained about his signings last year before the season even started).
Everyone knew Hall had the talent and Krueger was misusing him.
Go back a year in ACGM, nearly everyone thought Hall would bring a first and more.

Back to Adams, losing Larsson over Eakin, not signing Pysyk last year, other than Sheahan (who had as many pts as Cozens) his signings were absolutely terrible,
Even Hall, while being a great move, was overpaid by nearly twice.
I think you will eventually find that ALL of the recent signings and trades were engineered by Karmanos and Granato.
Granato was a coach when Caggiula, Davidson, Hayden and Hinostroza played with the Hawks (Hinostroza also played with Granato).
The other GM's knew Adams was over his head and they took advantage of him.

Let me give you some thing else to consider.
The Amerks made the playoffs every year Botterill was GM. The Amerks missed the playoffs every year Murray was GM and the first year Adams was GM.
Building an NHL team starts by developing a winning attitude in the minors.
I will blame Botterill for picking Krueger as his GM.
I will bet you anything that now Karmanos is Associate (not assistant) GM, the Amerks will make the playoffs again.

Well that is my rant, I am not at all sold on Adams, but we will see if Karmanos can straighten him out.

I discount my hate of the Hall trade because his hands were tied by the no trade clause. He still got a young player that he clearly coveted, but should have pushed for a conditional first based on playoff performance. Granted, the no trade clause meant Boston held all the cards so they probably just told him no. I was fine with the Johansson to Minnesota deal, I think we got as much for Eric Staal as we ever would have for Marcus Johansson, and Dylan Cozens learned more from him than he would have from Johansson as well. The third in return for Montour only seemed bad in relation to the price we overpaid to get him. For what he had provided recently that was what he was worth. I don’t love the Reinhart trade, and I don’t know how we did not squeeze out a forward prospect or roster player in return, especially with a 12 hour lag between everyone knowing about the trade and it actually being announced.

The make up of the Amerks roster under Botterill had more veterans than young players producing. The simple fact was the AHL roster was not producing NHL talent for the Sabres, and qualifying for the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round every year wasn’t exactly helping anything. I have reason to hope for the future at least, let’s see what happens. As far as any Sabres fans are concerned this season is really just about Rick Jeanerret and nothing else.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Edited Sep. 20, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
I discount my hate of the Hall trade because his hands were tied by the no trade clause. He still got a young player that he clearly coveted, but should have pushed for a conditional first based on playoff performance. Granted, the no trade clause meant Boston held all the cards so they probably just told him no. I was fine with the Johansson to Minnesota deal, I think we got as much for Eric Staal as we ever would have for Marcus Johansson, and Dylan Cozens learned more from him than he would have from Johansson as well. The third in return for Montour only seemed bad in relation to the price we overpaid to get him. For what he had provided recently that was what he was worth. I don’t love the Reinhart trade, and I don’t know how we did not squeeze out a forward prospect or roster player in return, especially with a 12 hour lag between everyone knowing about the trade and it actually being announced.

The make up of the Amerks roster under Botterill had more veterans than young players producing. The simple fact was the AHL roster was not producing NHL talent for the Sabres, and qualifying for the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round every year wasn’t exactly helping anything. I have reason to hope for the future at least, let’s see what happens. As far as any Sabres fans are concerned this season is really just about Rick Jeanerret and nothing else.
Let's agree to disagree on Montour.
The other topics we do not diverge enough to quibble.
Great conversation.
Getting Montour for a late first and Guhle was a steal.
While many think Guhle will be great, I watched him too many times and was not at all impressed.
As I said Brayden Tracey (the forward drafted with the pick) has ZERO AHL pts in 12 games.
I think the Sabres were close to moving Ristolainen to Tampa and we got Brandon to take his place. I have not been able to find out if it was Botterill or Brisebois blinked
Brandon flourished under Housley and, as many other Sabres withered, under Krueger. I will say his contract indicates his value, Florida made him the second highest paid defenseman, giving him a contract nearly equal to his previous one, despite producing so little while with Buffalo.
On Florida he will do really well, as he would have done here if Housley was the coach.

EDIT: Let's not forget how badly he messed up the Ullmark negotiations.
If he did not have him signed by the TDL, Linus should have been traded.
I feel very confident that a team looking for a better GK would have parted with at least a second, and if the Sabres added a sweetener, maybe even a first.
But we ended up with nothing.
I should have mentioned this sooner.
IMO if Karmanos was Associate GM, Linus would have been traded at the 2021 TDL, to maybe the Capitals.
Linus would have been a huge upgrade over Anderson, Vanecek or Samsonov.
Since that first would have been a late one, the caps may have parted with it.
Bostonbruins liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll