Forums/Fauteuil - DG

Je veux Dubois pour 2022-2023 merci

Created by: habslife
Team: 2022-23 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 19, 2021
Published: Sep. 19, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Pour signer Caufield en 2022-2023 ont va lui donner le salaire de Drouin qu'ont va laisser partir.
Donc un contrat pont de 3 ans 6.5 millions comme Chicago ont donné a DeBrincat.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$825,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$6,250,000
8$7,000,000
4$1,400,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,500,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
WPG
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Romanov, Alexander [RFA Rights]
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
OTT
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi [RFA Rights]
  2. Ylönen, Jesse
  3. 2022 7th round pick (STL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$74,496,250$1,132,500$1,352,500$8,003,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
UFA - 8
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$825,000$825,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 19, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
Habs4ever
MTL has the deepest LD's in the entire NHL with 8 of them on their ways, not sure why people keep trying to add another LD. Especially one at the end of his career. The Ottawa trade makes no sense to me, You are giving away Lehky's rights plus Ylonen that is going to be a very good player for a draft pick. I watched every Laval game last season and Ylonen before he got injured was one of their best players every game.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 10:32 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Fat no from Winnipeg until Romanov can prove it at the NHL level
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
Marchyyy
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1

That deal is more than fair…. Dubois haven’t prove much to… I’d expect a 30 points year for Romanov
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
original jets fan
The Jets finally have excellent centre depth with Scheifele, Dubois, Copp, Lowry, Stastny and Perfetti. However, Copp and Stastny are on 1 year deals (UFA). They are NOT going to trade Dubois for a LHD (where they are also deep - Morrissey, Dillon, Stanely, Heinola and Samberg).
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:25 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: Marchy
That deal is more than fair…. Dubois haven’t prove much to… I’d expect a 30 points year for Romanov

Dubois has proven what he’s capable of at the playin rounds vs Toronto, I know it’s more then a year ago but if he was able to play at that level at such a young age there no reason to believe he wouldn’t reach that level again

Meanwhile Romanov hasn’t proven anything and the Jets r extremely deep on LHD
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Marchyyy
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Dubois has proven what he’s capable of at the playin rounds vs Toronto, I know it’s more then a year ago but if he was able to play at that level at such a young age there no reason to believe he wouldn’t reach that level again

I agree that if Dubois becomes clutch again it would be great but Romanov would instantly become their future 1st d-man over Pionk,Morrissey and probably Heinola I’d do the deal…Armia is a playoffs beast and a second rounder isn’t bad. I say fair deal for both teams. Montreal becomes deep af at center again
Sep. 19, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
wpg
I agree that if Dubois becomes clutch again it would be great but Romanov would instantly become their future 1st d-man over Pionk,Morrissey and probably Heinola I’d do the deal…Armia is a playoffs beast and a second rounder isn’t bad. I say fair deal for both teams. Montreal becomes deep af at center again

Like I said Romanov hasn’t shown yet he has that potential of a #1, it’s easy to hype up a prospect but how many of them actually make it? Meanwhile Dubois has already shown he has what it takes

Not to mention Romanov couldn’t even crack to Jets lineup (LHD is easily the Jets deepest position)

On the other hand center was the Jets weakest position for a while now till we acquired Dubois

So let’s go trade the better player in Dubois playing on our weakest position for a unproven defensemen playing on our strongest position

It would take a lot more then Armia and a 2nd to make this even remotely realistic
Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Dur non de Winnipeg
Sep. 19, 2021 at 1:26 p.m.
Marchyyy
Like I said Romanov hasn’t shown yet he has that potential of a #1, it’s easy to hype up a prospect but how many of them actually make it? Meanwhile Dubois has already shown he has what it takes
If we wait a year I’m sure Romanov will be way higher up in your depth chart
Not to mention Romanov couldn’t even crack to Jets lineup (LHD is easily the Jets deepest position)

On the other hand center was the Jets weakest position for a while now till we acquired Dubois

So let’s go trade the better player in Dubois playing on our weakest position for a unproven defensemen playing on our strongest position

It would take a lot more then Armia and a 2nd to make this even remotely realistic
Sep. 19, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
wpg

Guess we’ll see in a year then
Marchy liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 6:09 p.m.
Billy739

21 with KHL title and 2 Finals appearances
In the NHL his rookie year he goes to the NHL Finals
Top D in WJC Tournament 2 years in a row with 14 points in 14 games and 2 medals

His biggest issue is he's green
That said MTL wouldnt trade Romanov as MB has been after the kid since he saw him practicing with his grandfathers KHL team at 14 years old while in Russia scouting Panarin
He's been eye this kid awhile taking him in the 2nd round when he was projected 5th round before he signed a 2 year KHL deal at 17 a month before the draft.
MTL said f%%% it and drafted him anyways even going as far as to sign him and burn 1 year on his ELC to avoid losing him logterm to his KHL team(defending champs tried offering him a lot to stay)

My point is MB would likely trade every player on the team twice including his beloved Petry before moving Romanov

MTL can make a deal for PLD worth while this just isnt it.
You eluded to your depth at Center well how about Wing, Defense or Goalie prospects?
I think there's a deal to be had but it might cost MTL more then we bargained for based on the French Center side of things
Outside Romanov ,Suzuki and Caufield the sky's the limit
Sep. 19, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.

Sorry I kind of like this trade even though we don't need another centre after getting Dvorak. The lure of PLD for Habs fans is that he said he wanted to play here, we don't get that alot.
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Sep. 19, 2021 at 10:21 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Billy739
Top D in WJC Tournament 2 years in a row with 14 points in 14 games and 2 medals

That said MTL wouldnt trade Romanov as MB has been after the kid since he saw him practicing with his grandfathers KHL team at 14 years old while in Russia scouting Panarin
He's been eye this kid awhile taking him in the 2nd round when he was projected 5th round before he signed a 2 year KHL deal at 17 a month before the draft.
MTL said f%%% it and drafted him anyways even going as far as to sign him and burn 1 year on his ELC to avoid losing him logterm to his KHL team(defending champs tried offering him a lot to stay)

My point is MB would likely trade every player on the team twice including his beloved Petry before moving Romanov

You eluded to your depth at Center well how about Wing, Defense or Goalie prospects?
I think there's a deal to be had but it might cost MTL more then we bargained for based on the French Center side of things

I like Romanov. Alot.

But he hasn't proven at the NHL level yet. How mamy times have we seen hype prospects either flame out or just become decent at the NHL level?
Sep. 20, 2021 at 2:46 p.m.
wpg

Outside Suzuki and maybe Caufield the Jets just rn interested in a trade… heck if Dubois bounces back the Jets would much rather sign him long term then trade him
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Billy739
I like Romanov. Alot.

But he hasn't proven at the NHL level yet. How mamy times have we seen hype prospects either flame out or just become decent at the NHL level?

He's 21

Name me another habs with a SCF at age 21 in his rookie year in the past 30 years
Your list will be short as its Caufield

He's a Dman to boot which Traditionally take 3-5 years to get to the level he's at now
If he was taken top 3 no one would think twice but he was taken late 2nd round after projecting to be in the 5th round of the draft.

You got to look at the Context of Where he is and how he is when he got there
I mean you could say "he hasnt proven anything at the NHL Level" about any rookie
But you shouldnt do it to one coming off an SCF as a depth player adjusting to North American ice on the fly(again as a Defensman , this is rarely done with success if rushed)

Could he have been better ?
Sure but he also could have been normal and not even a factor in playoff roster positions as he'd be in the AHL adjusting to North American hockey
Trying to play a Dmans minutes with a pace this fast without making mistakes is a hard sell even for a 21 year old over achiever with Medals and Championships at every level

If he was a Forward he could be protected more like Caufield was
That said expecting him or our goalie Primeau at 21 to be All Stars is premature
Sep. 20, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
Billy739
Outside Suzuki and maybe Caufield the Jets just rn interested in a trade… heck if Dubois bounces back the Jets would much rather sign him long term then trade him

Agreed
Were not good trade partners on this one unless we do like NSH ,VGK and PHI

bundle with LAK to get Vlardi then flip him for Dubois type deal for a younger big Center
i dont see that happening unless LAK makes a push at the TDL and MTL are sellers
HockeyFan989 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
wpg
Agreed

bundle with LAK to get Vlardi then flip him for Dubois type deal for a younger big Center
i dont see that happening unless LAK makes a push at the TDL and MTL are sellers

Agreed

Yeah and if Dubois doesn’t bounce back in Peg or he doesn’t want to sign a long term deal there
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 6:08 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
He's 21

Name me another habs with a SCF at age 21 in his rookie year in the past 30 years
Your list will be short as its Caufield

He's a Dman to boot which Traditionally take 3-5 years to get to the level he's at now
If he was taken top 3 no one would think twice but he was taken late 2nd round after projecting to be in the 5th round of the draft.

You got to look at the Context of Where he is and how he is when he got there
I mean you could say "he hasnt proven anything at the NHL Level" about any rookie
But you shouldnt do it to one coming off an SCF as a depth player adjusting to North American ice on the fly(again as a Defensman , this is rarely done with success if rushed)

Could he have been better ?
Sure but he also could have been normal and not even a factor in playoff roster positions as he'd be in the AHL adjusting to North American hockey
Trying to play a Dmans minutes with a pace this fast without making mistakes is a hard sell even for a 21 year old over achiever with Medals and Championships at every level

If he was a Forward he could be protected more like Caufield was
That said expecting him or our goalie Primeau at 21 to be All Stars is premature

21 year olds make the scf every year.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Billy739
21 year olds make the scf every year.

Name me 10 in the past 20 years then

Then you'll begin to understand the Context you're missing
TBL for example had 1 in 1/2 cups named Mikhail Sergachev
STL had Kyrou and Thomas (no D)
WSH had Vrana and Gersich(no D)
PIT had Sundqvist,Murray and Maata in cup 1/2 (1 D)
CHI had Tuervainen (No D)
LAK had Pearson and Toffoli(No D)

I gave you a head start to provide the Context your missing
Its not Common and those who are in that group 9/10 arent low value
Sep. 20, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
Billy739
Yeah and if Dubois doesn’t bounce back in Peg or he doesn’t want to sign a long term deal there

What i'd be more interested in is if theres a deal where Ehlers and Anderson can be moved
Ehlers played for our Coach Ducharme alongside Drouin and it just works for so many reasons(not that Anderson dont)

But of any WPG player the one i want isnt the french Center its the European Forward who played Canadian Junior
But something tells me any deal for him will come at a higher player price then Anderson sadly.
HockeyFan989 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
wpg
What i'd be more interested in is if theres a deal where Ehlers and Anderson can be moved
Ehlers played for our Coach Ducharme alongside Drouin and it just works for so many reasons(not that Anderson dont)

But of any WPG player the one i want isnt the french Center its the European Forward who played Canadian Junior
But something tells me any deal for him will come at a higher player price then Anderson sadly.

Damn.. no chance

Wouldn’t even do Ehlers/Suzuki one on one

Just really really like Ehlers
Out of all our players he’s by far the fanbase favourite

Portage and Main would have riots lol
Billy739 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
Billy739
Damn.. no chance

Wouldn’t even do Ehlers/Suzuki one on one

Just really really like Ehlers
Out of all our players he’s by far the fanbase favourite

Portage and Main would have riots lol

Smart Choice he's a Quality Player

If i had something worth it i'd trade but i realize what he means
Really the best we could do is Petry at 50% and a pile of picks which helps WPG short and long term
But Cripples MTL longterm to do it

there's no scenario in which both teams win trying to do it.
Not unless Poehling breaks out and scores 40 goals this year lmfao
HockeyFan989 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2021 at 8:42 p.m.
Winnipeg isn't going to trade Dubois, but if for conversation's sake we say they are, Montreal only has one asset that opens the conversation.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll