Trades
SEA
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
  2. Subban, P.K. ($4,500,000 retained)
NJD
    How eager are they to unload AJO?
    Hmm
    SEA
    1. van Riemsdyk, James ($900,000 retained)
    2. 2024 4th round pick (PHI)
    NYI
    1. Johnsson, Andreas
    2. Lauzon, Jérémy
    Additional Details:
    Leo waives 4 buy out
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the SEA
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$74,056,666$0$0$7,443,334
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Seattle Kraken
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $5,166,666$5,166,666
    C, LW, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $6,100,000$6,100,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,940,000$2,940,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,375,000$3,375,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,900,000$5,900,000
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $2,500,000$2,500,000 ($1,375,000$1M$1,375,000$1M)
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 3:51 a.m.
    Decline. We dont want johnsson. We have the space this season and then hickey and leo are off the books. No need to move them for a 2 year cap dump.
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 4:21 a.m.
    Philly isn't trading JVR this season
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 6:20 a.m.
    Given that he's been one of the six players Seattle's been marketing since the expansion draft there is a zero percent chance Tanev gets bought out this fast
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 7:29 a.m.
    Devils accept. Also if ur eager to trade Bastian, nj would gladly accept him back
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 8:15 a.m.
    Quoting: Erkadurk347
    Devils accept. Also if ur eager to trade Bastian, nj would gladly accept him back

AJ, sure, but I wouldn't just trade Subban at this point. He's cheap in actual money this year and I just don't know if it is as easy as it would seem to get an above replacement D in that spot. Subban was getting blown out above the slot he should be in, but in a protected 3D spot, he should have more value to the Devils. Cap room is not an issue as he's done after this year.

Going back to AJ, while I am not completely sold on anyone beyond Mercer (I feel Holtz needs a little baking time to just get ultra confident with his shot in NA), clearing him from just disappointing as a 3rd or worse yet a 4th liner is setting him up for failure. While his analytics are good and I could see someone with space willing to take a chance, he hasn't seemed to click with anyone in NJD and is a lost soul.

I hope more than anything I am wrong about AJ as having him adding depth scoring on a 3rd line would be big, but he has not been impressive.
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 9:06 a.m.
    Quoting: NJDevils1317
    AJ, sure, but I wouldn't just trade Subban at this point. He's cheap in actual money this year and I just don't know if it is as easy as it would seem to get an above replacement D in that spot. Subban was getting blown out above the slot he should be in, but in a protected 3D spot, he should have more value to the Devils. Cap room is not an issue as he's done after this year.

Going back to AJ, while I am not completely sold on anyone beyond Mercer (I feel Holtz needs a little baking time to just get ultra confident with his shot in NA), clearing him from just disappointing as a 3rd or worse yet a 4th liner is setting him up for failure. While his analytics are good and I could see someone with space willing to take a chance, he hasn't seemed to click with anyone in NJD and is a lost soul.

I hope more than anything I am wrong about AJ as having him adding depth scoring on a 3rd line would be big, but he has not been impressive.

It would be nice to see Jaros or Walsh get that spot bc the only way that they are going to progress in their development is by playing in the nhl. Subban will not want nor will he be given a contract to resign. I think Foote also has to get a spot in order to progress his development. So Johnsson going out creates more space for Foote, or even a guy like Thompson. I don’t think Johnsson will resign in a couple of years when his contract is up so I’d rather progress the future than waste a spot. Also I think Johnsson could thrive somewhere else that isn’t NJ. I also don’t feel that holtz or Mercer should get a spot as they can use some more time in other leagues to help them prepare. Foote needs an opportunity bc his shot is too good to not utilize. He needs to progress his game at the highest level so I would like to see Foote make the team
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
    It would be nice to see Jaros or Walsh get that spot bc the only way that they are going to progress in their development is by playing in the nhl. Subban will not want nor will he be given a contract to resign. I think Foote also has to get a spot in order to progress his development. So Johnsson going out creates more space for Foote, or even a guy like Thompson. I don’t think Johnsson will resign in a couple of years when his contract is up so I’d rather progress the future than waste a spot. Also I think Johnsson could thrive somewhere else that isn’t NJ. I also don’t feel that holtz or Mercer should get a spot as they can use some more time in other leagues to help them prepare. Foote needs an opportunity bc his shot is too good to not utilize. He needs to progress his game at the highest level so I would like to see Foote make the team

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the start of the season, not at the deadline for Subban. Jaros is a AHL+ type player....no pressure of development, but not an everyday player. Walsh will take more time to cook, he hasn't looked ready yet. Rather not throw him into the fire.

As far as Mercer, not sure if you watched the Prospect games...and I get they are against other prospects, but I have to admit Mercer looks SICK. I am not a rush to the NHL type guy, but I'm buying stock in him being a thing.

We certainly agree on AJ overall though.
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
    Quoting: NJDevils1317
    Keep in mind, I'm talking about the start of the season, not at the deadline for Subban. Jaros is a AHL+ type player....no pressure of development, but not an everyday player. Walsh will take more time to cook, he hasn't looked ready yet. Rather not throw him into the fire.

As far as Mercer, not sure if you watched the Prospect games...and I get they are against other prospects, but I have to admit Mercer looks SICK. I am not a rush to the NHL type guy, but I'm buying stock in him being a thing.

We certainly agree on AJ overall though.

Yea Mercer looked like a beast. I don’t think it would be a wrong decision to put him in the Nhl this year. I just think that if Foote isn’t in the nhl this year, he won’t progress anymore. Also Subban is a turnover machine bc he tries to do everything and turns the puck over bc he sucks. He also doesn’t know/doesn’t want to play defense. If he was getting paid league minimum, he’d still have negative value imo. Jaros is better defensively than Subban and he’s better offensively bc Subban loves to turn the puck over. But I would be perfectly fine with Mercer making the team, but I would also like to see Foote out there too bc then those players progress and the devils could be competitive in 2022-2023
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 10:26 a.m.
    Yea Mercer looked like a beast. I don’t think it would be a wrong decision to put him in the Nhl this year. I just think that if Foote isn’t in the nhl this year, he won’t progress anymore. Also Subban is a turnover machine bc he tries to do everything and turns the puck over bc he sucks. He also doesn’t know/doesn’t want to play defense. If he was getting paid league minimum, he’d still have negative value imo. Jaros is better defensively than Subban and he’s better offensively bc Subban loves to turn the puck over. But I would be perfectly fine with Mercer making the team, but I would also like to see Foote out there too bc then those players progress and the devils could be competitive in 2022-2023

As far as Subban goes, I was very anti-Subban for a while. I do think he was placed above his playing role, but when he avoids trying to do too much, he's actually not that bad. Jaros has struggled to stay at the NHL level, so that is why I would be worried about just trading Subban and being left with Jaros, as the drop off for the next injury would be baaaad. Walsh is still at a point in development he could get wrecked. Just keep Jaros at the 7th spot or if he outplays Subban, cool.

I get what you mean about Foote, technically there are two spots as Boqvist is still waiver exempt, so if you had a line of Foote-Mercer-AJ, it should really shut up any of those fans that are AJ-stans that say he isn't given a shot (he hasn't earned it like Kuokkanen or Sharagovich did) as there is talent there to be a good 3rd line.

If Mercer is sent to the AHL to find his legs, totally cool, just saying he would be my favorite to make it.
    Sep. 20, 2021 at 1:02 p.m.
    Quoting: HikinenNisti
    Philly isn't trading JVR this season

The only way I saw JVR being moved is if Allison step up big time and they felt like he needed to be in the top 6 or just get more ice time in general but with his apparent injury I agree I don't see them moving him during the season

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll