SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread

Oct. 14, 2021 at 7:50 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Reminder the Rangers signed trouba to an 8x8

Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Reminder that the Stars signed Comeau to a 1x1.

Reminder that the Kraken have waived about a handful their expansion draft selections
EsoYeezus69, BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 8:34 a.m.
Quoting: yikes
Reminder that the Kraken have waived about a handful their expansion draft selections

And let some of them walk for nothing
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 8:44 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Fun fact: Pierre Engvall has more goals than Auston Matthews
SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 8:48 a.m.
Habs are playing Buffalo tonight, so how many goals do you think the Habs score tonight: over/under 4.5
Oct. 14, 2021 at 8:58 a.m.
cautious optimism
First game of the regular season for the Union Blue is tonight, 7 PM ET, vs. the Houston Coyotes. Let's go.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
I don't understand what Poile is doing. Ekholm would've been a great asset to sell and he's signing him long term???
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:22 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
I'm back on here after going to the Capitals game last night, and while I would normally make fun of the Ranger fans here, I just feel bad. Drury soiled it this offseason with his signings. Reaves looked awful, Blais couldn't stay out of the penalty box, Tinordi was a pylon, and outside of one powerplay the Zibanejad line was invisible. I don't expect this to be the norm necessarily this season with someone like Gallant as coach, but man it didn't look good last night.

Also, reminder that Lapierre could have gone way higher without his injuries, and I was totally wrong when I was against him starting. He looked awesome with Sheary and Oshie.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
Standing Prediction Time!
Metro
1. NYI
2. CAR
3. PIT
4. NJD (WC2)
5. NYR
6. WAS
7. PHI
8. CBJ
Atlantic
1. FLA (ECF Winner)
2. BOS
3. TOR
4. TBL (WC1)
5. MTL
6. OTT
7. DET
8. BUF
Central
1. COL
2. WPG
3. STL
4. DAL (WC1)
5. CHI (WC2)
6. MIN
7. NSH
8. ARI
Pacific
1. VGK
2. EDM
3. SEA
4. CGY
5. LAK
6. VAN
7. SJS
8. ANA

Playoff Predictions

Round one

FLA vs NJD- FLA in 6
Bos vs Tor- BOS in 7
NYI vs TBL- NYI in 7
CAR vs PIT- PIT in 7

VGK vs CHI- CHI in 7
EDM vs SEA- SEA in 6
COL vs DAL- COL in 5
WPG vs STL- STL in 7

Round two

FLA vs BOS- BOS in 7
NYI vs Pit- PIT in 6

SEA vs CHI- CHI in 6
COL vs STL- COL in 7

Conference Finals

BOS vs PIT- BOS in 7

COL vs CHI- COL in 7

Stanley Cup Finals

COL vs BOS- BOS in 6
EsoYeezus69 and Devil liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I'm back on here after going to the Capitals game last night, and while I would normally make fun of the Ranger fans here, I just feel bad. Drury soiled it this offseason with his signings. Reaves looked awful, Blais couldn't stay out of the penalty box, Tinordi was a pylon, and outside of one powerplay the Zibanejad line was invisible. I don't expect this to be the norm necessarily this season with someone like Gallant as coach, but man it didn't look good last night.

Also, reminder that Lapierre could have gone way higher without his injuries, and I was totally wrong when I was against him starting. He looked awesome with Sheary and Oshie.

Although Gorton would've kept the absolutely atrocious coach we previously had while not adding any toughness (agreed we overcorrected tho) so there's that
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:40 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Young players today have a sense of entitlement that young players a few years ago didn't have.

Kravstov hasn't proven a single damn thing yet, and yet he acts like an entitled spoiled brat and throws a tantrum as soon as he gets sent down. It's incredible really.

But this isn't just in the NHL, this is a problem I see all the time in society, it's just one demonstration of it
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:41 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: NoVaSpartan

Agreed. Let’s give a congrats to Hendrix
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
I just saw William Nylander's goal, that's an awesome looking shot, wow!
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Young players today have a sense of entitlement that young players a few years ago didn't have.

Kravstov hasn't proven a single damn thing yet, and yet he acts like an entitled spoiled brat and throws a tantrum as soon as he gets sent down. It's incredible really.

But this isn't just in the NHL, this is a problem I see all the time in society, it's just one demonstration of it

That's the Rangers and Kravtsov's problem, first Lias Andersson now Kravtsov, there something about it
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That's the Rangers and Kravtsov's problem, first Lias Andersson now Kravtsov, there something about it

Maybe it is, and it probably is a big part of it, but it doesn't change the bigger picture. He's 21 for Heaven's sake and acts like he's been in the league for 3-4 seasons. Chill, dude
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
Jinx god

Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Maybe it is, and it probably is a big part of it, but it doesn't change the bigger picture. He's 21 for Heaven's sake and acts like he's been in the league for 3-4 seasons. Chill, dude

I could be wrong, but I think it's about the money. He's only getting paid 70k in the minors, and in Hartford I think tax rates are somewhat high. He only said he wouldn't want to play in the Rangers AHL team and that's it.

Like I said I'm fully unaware of the situation so everything I said could be wrong.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:01 a.m.

I disagree - it’s not like Kravtsov is in his D+1 season, it’s already 4 years later and the Rangers decided to keep Libor Hajek on the team over him. He has a right to be upset IMO. Worse players are making the team over him, and didn’t they trade Buch so he can get more playing time??
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Db1899
I disagree - it’s not like Kravtsov is in his D+1 season, it’s already 4 years later and the Rangers decided to keep Libor Hajek on the team over him. He has a right to be upset IMO. Worse players are making the team over him, and didn’t they trade Buch so he can get more playing time??

You can have both btw.

It's true worse players are making the team, and yet this isn't a reason for acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way. Dominate in the AHL and then come back in a few months and prove to the organization that it was wrong to send you down. Hell, this gives him even more leverage when it's time to negotiate his next deal, so even for him it would've been a good thing to do.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:09 a.m.
You can have both btw.

It's true worse players are making the team, and yet this isn't a reason for acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way. Dominate in the AHL and then come back in a few months and prove to the organization that it was wrong to send you down. Hell, this gives him even more leverage when it's time to negotiate his next deal, so even for him it would've been a good thing to do.

The AHL isn’t a good development league and he’s been solid enough in the KHL to get an extended look in the NHL. I wish more young players would ask out if they feel they’re not getting a fair shot. Like I said, it’s not like he’s in his D+1 season, it’s been a while since he’s been drafted. If the Isles sent Wahlstrom down to accommodate worse players I wouldn’t mind if he wanted out.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:11 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
The AHL isn’t a good development league and he’s been solid enough in the KHL to get an extended look in the NHL. I wish more young players would ask out if they feel they’re not getting a fair shot. Like I said, it’s not like he’s in his D+1 season, it’s been a while since he’s been drafted. If the Isles sent Wahlstrom down to accommodate worse players I wouldn’t mind if he wanted out.

Difference being Whalstrom has spent more time in the NHL than Vitaly
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:14 a.m.
Difference being Whalstrom has spent more time in the NHL than Vitaly

This is true , but I think kravtsov earned the right to an extended look. He played well in his 20 games last season and I thought he looked good in pre-season. The Rangers rw depth is a weakness so it just makes no sense to send him down - it’s not like he sh*t the bed during camp.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:16 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
This is true , but I think kravtsov earned the right to an extended look. He played well in his 20 games last season and I thought he looked good in pre-season. The Rangers rw depth is a weakness so it just makes no sense to send him down - it’s not like he sh*t the bed during camp.

Again, I agree it is or was a mistake to send him down, however throwing a tantrum like he did is an overreaction
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:18 a.m.
Again, I agree it is or was a mistake to send him down, however throwing a tantrum like he did is an overreaction

What tantrum? All I saw was that he wouldn’t report to the AHL and wants a trade. I think that’s a fair reaction considering the Rangers situation.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:18 a.m.
Jinx god

And I'm surprised that Otter hasn't asked out, but he's a good soul. He'll get a Calder cup then he should get the starting job in the big leagues.
Db1899 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
And I'm surprised that Otter hasn't asked out, but he's a good soul. He'll get a Calder cup then he should get the starting job in the big leagues.

I honestly have no idea about goalie development so I have no comment on how teams handle young goaltenders lol
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 10:33 a.m.
Jinx god

I hope this means if we disappoint Bones and Nill both get the can.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll