LW
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
NTC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 24, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Hampus Lindholm is going to cost a lot and we can’t afford to re-sign him. I hope they let Salo run with his opportunity like Toews did during the 18-19 season. Then give equal ice time to both Salo-mayfield, chara-Dobson. It’s like having two 2nd pairs.

But if we have to trade for a 2LD, I like Kulak, Holden, de haan , soucy

I don’t know if I agree with that we could’t resign him. Komarov, Hickey and Clutterbuck’s contracts are up next year which is almost 9 mil and 1 mil will be added to the cap next year. Clutterbuck maybe costs 1.5 at most, Pulock and Dobson will need raises, but Pulock should get the Parayko deal; 8x6.5, which is just 1.5 more then he makes now. Dobson 2.5 max on a bridge? And I don’t think it’s off the board Varlamov gets traded with 1 year left to recoup some draft-capital. With the caveat of Sorokin establish himself as a true number one. I think Lindholm could elevate his game and fall in love with the game again if he were to play for a good team again.

I also believe Josh Bailey could be moved next season if he continues to regress. It was pretty telling by the expansion draft Lou doesn’t feel he needs to show Bailey loyalty, if he did, he definitely would of protected him, even if it was agreed upon Seattle would take Eberle it still tells something.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.
Quoting: Isles10
I don’t know if I agree with that we could’t resign him. Komarov, Hickey and Clutterbuck’s contracts are up next year which is almost 9 mil and 1 mil will be added to the cap next year. Clutterbuck maybe costs 1.5 at most, Pulock and Dobson will need raises, but Pulock should get the Parayko deal; 8x6.5, which is just 1.5 more then he makes now. Dobson 2.5 max on a bridge? And I don’t think it’s off the board Varlamov gets traded with 1 year left to recoup some draft-capital. With the caveat of Sorokin establish himself as a true number one. I think Lindholm could elevate his game and fall in love with the game again if he were to play for a good team again.

I also believe Josh Bailey could be moved next season if he continues to regress. It was pretty telling by the expansion draft Lou doesn’t feel he needs to show Bailey loyalty, if he did, he definitely would of protected him, even if it was agreed upon Seattle would take Eberle it still tells something.

Lindholm probably wants at least 8 mill. I highly doubt Pulock gets 6.5 , more like 7.5-8. I’d rather not bridge Dobson. It would be nice to lock up a young player long term.

Agreed on Bailey. Hopefully Golyshev replaces him.
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.
FWIW Trotz said Golyshev has played well with Barzal and Lee

Yeah, but I don’t put to much stock into the camp… last year he and Lou praised Bellows a LOT, and he felt like a lock going in to the season, but when game day came he got 10 min and wasn’t in a very good position so succeed, then he got scratched. I still think he should have been given more of a chance with Barzal and Eberle, he clearly could score, altough it was obvious he needed to learn- and be better defensively, but you got to play to become comfortable, and not feel afraid of making mistakes and end up in the pressbox the next 20 games. Hope he gets a chance somewhere else.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 6:56 p.m.
Lindholm probably wants at least 8 mill. I highly doubt Pulock gets 6.5 , more like 7.5-8. I’d rather not bridge Dobson. It would be nice to lock up a young player long term.

Agreed on Bailey. Hopefully Golyshev replaces him.

Yeah he probably wants 8 mil, but I doubt he gets it, if he’s not having a massive offensive breakout, we both know as a defenseman you get paid the big dollars based on a lot of points, look at Adam Pelech compared to Darnell Nurse. Good for us in that case.

I’m not to sure about Pulock either, remember how strongly he felt about keeping the group together and how he talked to Barzal about it. I actually think Parayko’s deal is the deal Lou sees as the best comparison for him and I don’t think Pulock will demand a lot more, especially considering Pelech’s deal this summer. I don’t think it looks good to Pelech either if Pulock got 8, almost 2.3 mil more than him, it would be to put him pretty much above him in status. Look at the Boston model after Bergeron, we kinda have it with Lee also, obviously Barzal will get more than 7, but I’m not sure many else will, by Lou it feels like the Captain - ”the most important player” should earn the best…

I don’t want to bridge Dobson either, much like the Sorokin signing this year, but I doubt Dobson want to do a Klingberg deal, even though, ironically Klingberg will be rewarded after his prime heavily next year.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Yeah, but I don’t put to much stock into the camp… last year he and Lou praised Bellows a LOT, and he felt like a lock going in to the season, but when game day came he got 10 min and wasn’t in a very good position so succeed, then he got scratched. I still think he should have been given more of a chance with Barzal and Eberle, he clearly could score, altough it was obvious he needed to learn- and be better defensively, but you got to play to become comfortable, and not feel afraid of making mistakes and end up in the pressbox the next 20 games. Hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

That’s true, but bellows also made the team out of camp.I agree he should have gotten more time with Barzal. Bellows can’t drive play at all so he can’t succeed in a 3rd line role. I’m fine with parting ways with him, but he should have been traded while his value was higher if they didn’t see him in their plans. Golyshev is over the age of 25 so that helps him plus his two way plays Is pretty good.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:05 p.m.
That’s true, but bellows also made the team out of camp.I agree he should have gotten more time with Barzal. Bellows can’t drive play at all so he can’t succeed in a 3rd line role. I’m fine with parting ways with him, but he should have been traded while his value was higher if they didn’t see him in their plans. Golyshev is over the age of 25 so that helps him plus his two way plays Is pretty good.

Yes, but it didn’t feel like an honest chance, rather a way for Trotz feeling the pressure of playing him heavy sheltered, just to reward him for a strong camp, while Bellows didn’t belonged in his longterm plans for the season (clearly). Probably not the case, but anyway I absolutely agree he should have been traded for a draft pick or a player in a similar situation like him, Logan Brown? We are thin on C depth.
Db1899 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
Yeah he probably wants 8 mil, but I doubt he gets it, if he’s not having a massive offensive breakout, we both know as a defenseman you get paid the big dollars based on a lot of points, look at Adam Pelech compared to Darnell Nurse. Good for us in that case.

I’m not to sure about Pulock either, remember how strongly he felt about keeping the group together and how he talked to Barzal about it. I actually think Parayko’s deal is the deal Lou sees as the best comparison for him and I don’t think Pulock will demand a lot more, especially considering Pelech’s deal this summer. I don’t think it looks good to Pelech either if Pulock got 8, almost 2.3 mil more than him, it would be to put him pretty much above him in status. Look at the Boston model after Bergeron, we kinda have it with Lee also, obviously Barzal will get more than 7, but I’m not sure many else will, by Lou it feels like the Captain - ”the most important player” should earn the best…

I don’t want to bridge Dobson either, much like the Sorokin signing this year, but I doubt Dobson want to do a Klingberg deal, even though, ironically Klingberg will be rewarded after his prime heavily next year.

I still think based on Linholms reputation he’ll get 8.

I do think Pulock is a team guy so you could be right, i see him getting 7.5 x 8. He’s due for some positive regression this season (10+ goals). I’d rather lock him up now.

Dobson seems like a loyal kid, and I think he would be down to sign for 6 years at around 4.5-5.5 mill depending on how he does this season.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Yes, but it didn’t feel like an honest chance, rather a way for Trotz feeling the pressure of playing him heavy sheltered, just to reward him for a strong camp, while Bellows didn’t belonged in his longterm plans for the season (clearly). Probably not the case, but anyway I absolutely agree he should have been traded for a draft pick or a player in a similar situation like him, Logan Brown? We are thin on C depth.

I agree. It’s impressive what Wahlstrom was able to do in limited ice time. I would down to trade for brown but he wants to play in the NHl this season lol. He’s not getting that chance
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:18 p.m.
I still think based on Linholms reputation he’ll get 8.

I do think Pulock is a team guy so you could be right, i see him getting 7.5 x 8. He’s due for some positive regression this season (10+ goals). I’d rather lock him up now.

Dobson seems like a loyal kid, and I think he would be down to sign for 6 years at around 4.5-5.5 mill depending on how he does this season.

I’m actually very surprised by your comment about his reputation, I don’t get the feeling he’s having a 8 mil dollar type reputation at all, I feel like a lot of people have stopped being ”high” on him and feels he’s a good top-4 guy, absolutely worth a middle 1st rounder, but not elite. Maybe I’ve totally missed that talk around him

Yeah, the smartest thing from Isles perspective and almost a necessity, is to resign him now or in a few months, we cannot afford a desperate team trying to overpay him massively in free agency, even if we decide to match it, it totally ruins our caphit. And not to talk about the possibility of loosing him, it would be way worse than Tavares leaving. Our d-core would then look very underwhelming.

Yeah I cannot in any way, see Lou give him close to Pelech money for 1 really good season, I simply don’t think Lou works like that… 2-3 mil feels like the most reasonable going by how Lou historically operates.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:22 p.m.
I agree. It’s impressive what Wahlstrom was able to do in limited ice time. I would down to trade for brown but he wants to play in the NHl this season lol. He’s not getting that chance

Yeah and how restrained they are both tactical and mentally by not doing any mistake as a rookie playing under Trotz. Haha true, and he also deserves a real chance to show he can play regurlarly in the NHL. A pick would due for Bellows, but I would be surprised if he isn’t picked up on waivers.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
I’m actually very surprised by your comment about his reputation, I don’t get the feeling he’s having a 8 mil dollar type reputation at all, I feel like a lot of people have stopped being ”high” on him and feels he’s a good top-4 guy, absolutely worth a middle 1st rounder, but not elite. Maybe I’ve totally missed that talk around him

Yeah, the smartest thing from Isles perspective and almost a necessity, is to resign him now or in a few months, we cannot afford a desperate team trying to overpay him massively in free agency, even if we decide to match it, it totally ruins our caphit. And not to talk about the possibility of loosing him, it would be way worse than Tavares leaving. Our d-core would then look very underwhelming.

Yeah I cannot in any way, see Lou give him close to Pelech money for 1 really good season, I simply don’t think Lou works like that… 2-3 mil feels like the most reasonable going by how Lou historically operates.

Yeah I feel like the general consensus is that he’s still elite two way guy.

I’m not worried about Pulock tbh, I’m pretty sure he grew up an islanders fan and he seems to love it here.

I can see him giving Dobson 5.25 x 6. This would be Dobsons 2nd good season (he was impressive his rookie year) and Lou has paid guys off of one good season , like zaitsev.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:27 p.m.
Yeah and how restrained they are both tactical and mentally by not doing any mistake as a rookie playing under Trotz. Haha true, and he also deserves a real chance to show he can play regurlarly in the NHL. A pick would due for Bellows, but I would be surprised if he isn’t picked up on waivers.

Yeah the difference was Bellows made mistakes (which is normal) and Wahlstrom rarely made a mistake , which again was extremely impressive to do in this system
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:37 p.m.
Yeah I feel like the general consensus is that he’s still elite two way guy.

I’m not worried about Pulock tbh, I’m pretty sure he grew up an islanders fan and he seems to love it here.

I can see him giving Dobson 5.25 x 6. This would be Dobsons 2nd good season (he was impressive his rookie year) and Lou has paid guys off of one good season , like zaitsev.

Ok, interesting, didn’t think so. I mean there are only 16 d who’s making 8 or more in the league… and some of them is overpaid, old, past their prime guys in Subban, Karlsson, Burns, Ekman-Larsson, Doughty and some just brutally overvalued in Nurse and Jones. I find it really hard to think Lindholm has the same reputation as those guys, but a bidding-war at freee agency, sure it could happen I guess.

I forget that Zaitsev contract. I hope he could get him for longerterm for sure.

Ryan Pulock growing up as an Islander fan? Hasn’t he a Toronto tattoo haha, I believed he was a big Maple Leaf fan growing up… I’m sure he loves it on the island with all his teammates though, especially when we are a SC contender.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
Ok, interesting, didn’t think so. I mean there are only 16 d who’s making 8 or more in the league… and some of them is overpaid, old, past their prime guys in Subban, Karlsson, Burns, Ekman-Larsson, Doughty and some just brutally overvalued in Nurse and Jones. I find it really hard to think Lindholm has the same reputation as those guys, but a bidding-war at freee agency, sure it could happen I guess.

I forget that Zaitsev contract. I hope he could get him for longerterm for sure.

Ryan Pulock growing up as an Islander fan? Hasn’t he a Toronto tattoo haha, I believed he was a big Maple Leaf fan growing up… I’m sure he loves it on the island with all his teammates though, especially when we are a SC contender.

I am just going to assume he grew up a fan lol

Sep. 24, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
I am just going to assume he grew up a fan lol

Haha cool picture. Unfortunately I don’t believe the jersey had a lot of significance though. I do believe I’ve read before he was an Maple Leaf growing up and he having an Maple Leaf tattoo on his chest, but not only because his love for the team, something to do with his brother I think.
Db1899 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll