SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Who has a bigger breakout season?

Bigger breakout season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 23, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
"Breakout" considers being an improvement over how they performed last season.

I personally think Joseph is going to light things up this year with an expanded opportunity.
TheThunder liked this.
Sep. 23, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
I want Gourde back
I would say Joseph. he has shown us he can score in the NHL for years now. ABB also looked good during his few games on the 1st line, but didn't really do much. I figure that whichever out of these five forwards has the best season will have an inside track for a spot on the top line in a year with Point and Kucherov. I don't think Colton will ever be more than a solid 3rd liner. I'm not sure the bottom 3 will get enough playing time to break out this year. There's now ABB, Katchouk, Raddysh, and Ryfors all fighting for one lineup spot and one press box spot. Not to mention players like Somppi and other guys who could potentially play in the NHL. tbh I'm hating the Perry signing more by the day. I would like to say someone can beat him out, but let's be honest. he's making the team. You don't give someone a NTC and immediately put them on waivers. Might have gotten a little off track, but I think that Joseph will score 18+ this year if he stays in the lineup. You never know though. Maybe #60 was holding ABB back
Sep. 23, 2021 at 8:03 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I've slowly warmed up to signing Perry. It hasn't been Perry himself, but now how handicapped we're going to be getting some of our waiver eligible prospects playing time. Best case scenario IMO we need to identify one of Ryfors, Katchouk, Raddysh, and BB who has the best camp and ride them unless they prove they don't belong this season (which would make waivers easier to pass through). I agree with Colton, as I don't think he has the offensive ability that allowed Verhaeghe to flourish once Florida gave him a bigger role. He can still be a really good 3rd liner and if necessary a good 2nd liner.
Sep. 23, 2021 at 9:14 p.m.
I want it to be Foote. If it's not Foote, what do we do with him? He doesn't have to be a stud but if he continues to be in and out of the lineup do we move him?

I'm gonna put my dollar on Katchouk/Raddysh making a splash as a tandem. I know it's kinda cheating but couple of early season injuries and these guys start working the chemistry they already have. Boom.
Sep. 23, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
I want it to be Foote. If it's not Foote, what do we do with him? He doesn't have to be a stud but if he continues to be in and out of the lineup do we move him?

I'm gonna put my dollar on Katchouk/Raddysh making a splash as a tandem. I know it's kinda cheating but couple of early season injuries and these guys start working the chemistry they already have. Boom.

I think the pressure is off Foote with Bogo here. Bogo should still be expected to outperform Foote, but I think most would probably agree we expected Foote to be able to outperform Schenn last season. There's no real challenges to Foote in the prospect pool for another year or 2 as well, so I don't see this as make it or break it for him.
Sep. 23, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I think the pressure is off Foote with Bogo here. Bogo should still be expected to outperform Foote, but I think most would probably agree we expected Foote to be able to outperform Schenn last season. There's no real challenges to Foote in the prospect pool for another year or 2 as well, so I don't see this as make it or break it for him.

Fair enough.

You're all about the crunch guys. Who's the best penalty killer out of the names above?
Sep. 24, 2021 at 12:23 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Fair enough.

You're all about the crunch guys. Who's the best penalty killer out of the names above?

Joseph and Colton have already done it at the NHL level, so one of them until proven otherwise.

If you're only looking at Raddysh, Katchouk, BB, and Ryfors then I'd say Katchouk. Haven't seen much of Ryfors on the PK though.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 12:13 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Apparently Joseph scored twice in the scrimmage today. Not that it means too much, but it's better than nothing which is what all the other guys here had in terms of goals
Sep. 24, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
GO BOLTS
I agree Joseph given minutes on the third line will be the one. My question only two can stay who goes: ABB, Raddysh, Katchouk? I think it will be Katchouk is the odd man out..
Sep. 24, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: jasalex
I agree Joseph given minutes on the third line will be the one. My question only two can stay who goes: ABB, Raddysh, Katchouk? I think it will be Katchouk is the odd man out..

I'm leaning towards Raddysh making the team. Seems like Cooper has an affinity for him. As for BB and Katchouk, I'd be willing to bet they both get sent to Syracuse. I think Gemel Smith's experience makes him a lock to make the roster
Sep. 24, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
GO BOLTS
I'm leaning towards Raddysh making the team. Seems like Cooper has an affinity for him. As for BB and Katchouk, I'd be willing to bet they both get sent to Syracuse. I think Gemel Smith's experience makes him a lock to make the roster

All three need to go through waivers. My guess ABB sticks because of topsix potential and katchouk gets traded for a pick
Sep. 24, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
All three need to go through waivers. My guess ABB sticks because of topsix potential and katchouk gets traded for a pick

There's always a rush of players going through waivers before the season starts. They could probably slip through. They'd only return a 6th rd pick at most, with a 7th being more likely. I figure send them through and hope for the best.
imawesome liked this.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
GO BOLTS
There's always a rush of players going through waivers before the season starts. They could probably slip through. They'd only return a 6th rd pick at most, with a 7th being more likely. I figure send them through and hope for the best.

I was surprised stephens was sent for a low pick. Same could happen to Katchouck. We will know soon enough
Sep. 24, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I was surprised stephens was sent for a low pick. Same could happen to Katchouck. We will know soon enough

Stephens didn't deserve to be sent to the AHL as he already proved he was of NHL caliber. BB's NHL stint was inconclusive and Katchouk is yet to make his NHL debut.
Sep. 24, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
Champa Bay
It sucks when you have so many good young players but there's just no space for them. I know it's good problem to have, but still...

However, I think Raddysh can surprise us if he gets some ice time. But yeah, Joseph on that 3rd line will thrive imo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit