SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2019-20

V5 General Chatter

Nov. 10, 2022 at 9:27 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
If you guys aren't interested in resolving whatever the hell this devolved into within the next 24 hours there won't be a CapFriendly-sponsored GM game.

Too much of this happens off-site and there are routinely issues regarding who can and can't play, actual cyberbulling, and now whatever this butthurt nonsense is. I'll see if Banks can work on setting some sort of infrastructure up such that you guys can keep the game to CapFriendly but the issues with the GM Game need to stop. If you guys want an old boys circlejerk then keep it off this site. As far as I'm concerned the "banning" of users from participating is stupid regardless of the reasons why. It's getting cliquey. We can't adequately enforce our rules when that mob mentality takes over on an external site and the moderation of this section is already extremely loose.

Apologies Chiarelli.

Clarification of the rules caused the argument, we're trying to work through it off site.

Apologies again that it progressed over to CF. We'll continue to try and be better for the future.
BeterChiarelli, CanesGM and Gronk liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 9:35 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: jmac490
Apologies Chiarelli.

Clarification of the rules caused the argument, we're trying to work through it off site.

Apologies again that it progressed over to CF. We'll continue to try and be better for the future.

Please update me once a resolution is reached.
jmac490 liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 9:52 p.m.

I've been told that its being escalated, and a member of the team that helps to run the game/keep order/maintain the rules will update you when they can.

All the best.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 9:55 p.m.
Columbus Blue Jackets

I will be stepping down from my role as GM of the v5 Blue Jackets effective immediately due to the continued toxicity and boys club attitude of the game and to focus on my mental health.

My DM’s and AGM services will be open to the select few good people in the game
DucharmetheDOMinator, capsfan2121, ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 10:01 p.m.

First and foremost, apologies for this mess. We've been trying to keep it under control, but when a group of people starts complaining, it eventually boils over into something overdramatic as we saw today. I hope everybody involved will take this opportunity to grow and learn to respect others especially when a person is going through a tough time in their current life.

Now regarding the resolutions; the whole reason this started was that there was a rule broken in a trade that was missed by the BOG which affected the scoring of the game. Once this was noted some people used it as an excuse to attack the BOG for being pickers and choosers regarding the rules, while we were discussing what to do. Earlier today we reached a resolution where a modified trade would stand so the scoring would not be drastically adjusted and everybody involved gets to keep their players.

Once again apologies for this disturbance, it has now been resolved in our game.

Thanks,
BOG
eklund29, CanesGM, NR1203 and 5 others liked this.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
First and foremost, apologies for this mess. We've been trying to keep it under control, but when a group of people starts complaining, it eventually boils over into something overdramatic as we saw today. I hope everybody involved will take this opportunity to grow and learn to respect others especially when a person is going through a tough time in their current life.

Now regarding the resolutions; the whole reason this started was that there was a rule broken in a trade that was missed by the BOG which affected the scoring of the game. Once this was noted some people used it as an excuse to attack the BOG for being pickers and choosers regarding the rules, while we were discussing what to do. Earlier today we reached a resolution where a modified trade would stand so the scoring would not be drastically adjusted and everybody involved gets to keep their players.

Once again apologies for this disturbance, it has now been resolved in our game.

Thanks,
BOG

I dont think there is anything overdramatic about corruption from the leadership group. Plenty of people have voiced their displeasure its not just "a couple complaints". Like i said before if one of the disliked gms makes those trades theyre reversed in a second. So how come theres a double standard with others? Imo if rob made any of these he would be fired for "not understanding the rules" yet as governing body over the game youre giving a pass because you dont want to spend the time fixing the scoring for literally 3 teams. Allllll the other teams are fine except philly, colorado, and buffalo. It cant take that long its not even a month of scoring data. I used to input the rosters in AK's old model and it took an hour to do all 32. Rob can vouch he did the same thing. The rules clearly say ufas cant be traded until after the second scoring period. Not after the first. Not during the second. Clearly says after. Stop moving goalposts.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
2 open gm slots 2 people on cf that actively want to participate in the game in @ducharmetheDOMinator and @capsfan2121. Wonder how long the spots will stay dormant to keep these 2 out of the game...
A_Habs_fan, DucharmetheDOMinator, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 12, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3755821 Please sticky @flamesfan419 Thank you
Jack_, mhockey91, CanesGM and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 12, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: eklund29
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3755821 Please sticky flamesfan419 Thank you

Welcome back king cheers
CanesGM, Gronk, NR1203 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 6:15 a.m.
Bog breaking more rules to get a gm who left just over 2 weeks ago back into the game over new gms isnt a clique or a club lol. How are you gunna see if new people are any good if you use the same gms that need replacing to begin with?? Whats crazier none of this happens if he stays in with colorado because eklund isnt going to give his best assets away for those returns 🤣 but once again, bog continues to break rules for their own benefit. Whens it stop? Is this v1?
Nov. 13, 2022 at 2:43 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: eklund29
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3755821 Please sticky flamesfan419 Thank you

Follow the proper procedure cuz I'm not sifting through page after page to find this.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
Quoting: flamesfan419
Follow the proper procedure cuz I'm not sifting through page after page to find this.

You could just copy and paste the link...
CanesGM liked this.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 8:07 p.m.
Quoting: NR1203

Idk how many times hes said it but it doesnt work like that lol. He has to manually grab it from the armchair section. He cant just go to the page to grab it, i.e. why theres a procedure for it.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 9:40 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Idk how many times hes said it but it doesnt work like that lol. He has to manually grab it from the armchair section. He cant just go to the page to grab it, i.e. why theres a procedure for it.

Clearly they don't like listening. I try to bring up problems in the GC, but I keep getting kicked out.

Guess they truly don't want suggestions on how to make things better.

Truly a boys club that will forever have its issues.

Nice to know that no one can stick up to a 15 year old
Nov. 13, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: NR1203

Not your concern to be commenting on, so please don't.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 14, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
With the recent cbj gm opening ide be interested in joining back.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 14, 2022 at 3:50 p.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Can I Join?
Nov. 14, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Can I Join?

Washington is looking for an AGM. Reach out to @monops19 on twitter and he can get you set up
Nov. 14, 2022 at 4:16 p.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: jmac490
Washington is looking for an AGM. Reach out to monops19 on twitter and he can get you set up

Im already Bostons AGM, How do I get a GM job?
Nov. 14, 2022 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Im already Bostons AGM, How do I get a GM job?

contact @wadejos1231 and see if you can get a GM job. Fair warning, you won't be able to make trades of your own until the BoG thinks that you're ready to.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 14, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
With the recent cbj gm opening ide be interested in joining back.

Bog breaking more rules to get a gm who left just over 2 weeks ago back into the game over new gms isnt a clique or a club lol. How are you gunna see if new people are any good if you use the same gms that need replacing to begin with?? Whats crazier none of this happens if he stays in with colorado because eklund isnt going to give his best assets away for those returns 🤣 but once again, bog continues to break rules for their own benefit. Whens it stop? Is this v1?

If I speak
nickthehabsfan, Gronk, CanesGM and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 14, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: Justin_2t1
If I speak

? They already broke the rule for Eklund to rejoin so why cant i? Ive been told theres a gm shortage... Im offering my services to fill an open team.
capsfan2121 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 18, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Minnesota Wild
As I mentioned in the Twitter chat, I am stepping down as GM in order to focus on my mental health. I'll be back as an AGM once I'm in a better place. Wish me luck out there guys; I love you all!
monops19, capsfan2121, ItzMeTaboo and 6 others liked this.
Nov. 21, 2022 at 10:54 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Vancouver Canucks

The Vancouver Canucks would like to announce that they have formally released Bruce Boudreau from his duties as head coach, of the franchise.
We wish Bruce the best, in his future endeavors.
CanesGM liked this.
Nov. 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: TMLSage
Vancouver Canucks

The Vancouver Canucks would like to announce that they have formally released Bruce Boudreau from his duties as head coach, of the franchise.
We wish Bruce the best, in his future endeavors.

Flyers are proud to announce the signing of Bruce Boudreau as an assistant to John Torterella.

Boudreaus contract comes as a 2 year deal, and an out clause for another head coaching job which requires the team interested to contact the Flyers in a form of compensation
TMLSage and CanesGM liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll