Forums/Armchair-GM

attempting team lineups part 1

Created by: zk97
Team: 2021-22 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 26, 2021
Published: Sep. 26, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
i will very likely be off with a large portion of these let me know where I go wrong
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$59,152,917$0$3,200,000$22,347,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,037,500$2,037,500
LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,295,000$1,295,000
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,500,000$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 26, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.
Pretty good to be honest. The first line is the line most Ducks fans want because of their chemistry. Terry with Getzlaf seems more likely to me at this point (and Rakell with Comtois and Zegras), but we don't know for sure what's going to happen.

Steel won't be playing as the 2nd line Center. Getzlaf and Lundeström are both better. Steel hasn't been good at the NHL level (and especially under Eakins), but I think he'll play on the 4th line.

I'd personally prefer Volkov and Milano > Grant and DLo, but I think they'll switch them around quite a bit. Defense is basically how I imagine it will be, but I don't think Curran will play in the NHL. I think the team sees Benoit and Mahura in front of him on the depth chart. I expect Larsson, Mahura and Benoit to split the games (and I hope Curran get's a chance as well).
zk97 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 26, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: TZ11
Pretty good to be honest. The first line is the line most Ducks fans want because of their chemistry. Terry with Getzlaf seems more likely to me at this point (and Rakell with Comtois and Zegras), but we don't know for sure what's going to happen.

Steel won't be playing as the 2nd line Center. Getzlaf and Lundeström are both better. Steel hasn't been good at the NHL level (and especially under Eakins), but I think he'll play on the 4th line.

I'd personally prefer Volkov and Milano > Grant and DLo, but I think they'll switch them around quite a bit. Defense is basically how I imagine it will be, but I don't think Curran will play in the NHL. I think the team sees Benoit and Mahura in front of him on the depth chart. I expect Larsson, Mahura and Benoit to split the games (and I hope Curran get's a chance as well).

so from what I understand you're thinking something like

Comtois - Zegras - Rakell
Henrique - Getzlaf - Terry
Jones - Lundestrom - Silfverberg
Milano - Steel - Volkov

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Drysdale
Larsson/Mahura/Benoit/Curran - Shattenkirk
Sep. 27, 2021 at 12:08 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I disagree respectfully with my HIGHLY esteemed colleague @TZ11 on the first line because I see Terry as primarily a playmaker, just like Ryan Getzlaf, so I see the first line as you have here. I think that Lundestrom plays with one of his fellow Swedes on RW. Steel on the fourth line and, as TZ says, I'd much prefer Volkov and Milano over Grant and DesLauriers until one or both of the youngsters prove unable to make the grade. TZ is bang on as to the defense -- again, until someone shows he isn't up to the task. But I'd like to see Curran get his shot, too.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 1:13 a.m.
Edited Sep. 27, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I disagree respectfully with my HIGHLY esteemed colleague TZ11 on the first line because I see Terry as primarily a playmaker, just like Ryan Getzlaf, so I see the first line as you have here. I think that Lundestrom plays with one of his fellow Swedes on RW. Steel on the fourth line and, as TZ says, I'd much prefer Volkov and Milano over Grant and DesLauriers until one or both of the youngsters prove unable to make the grade. TZ is bang on as to the defense -- again, until someone shows he isn't up to the task. But I'd like to see Curran get his shot, too.

I would probably prefer the Comtois-Zegras-Terry line as well, but it seems like Eakins really likes Getzlaf and Terry. He said it sometime before camp and he played them with Milano tonight. Maybe they will try to boost Rakell's trade value by letting him play with Zegras and Comtois. If Milano stays injury free and plays well I could see that (Milano-Getzlaf-Terry) being a decent 2nd line, but there's no real goal scorer on that line.

Quoting: Zuki9797
so from what I understand you're thinking something like

Comtois - Zegras - Rakell
Henrique - Getzlaf - Terry
Jones - Lundestrom - Silfverberg
Milano - Steel - Volkov

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Drysdale
Larsson/Mahura/Benoit/Curran - Shattenkirk

That's pretty much what I expect. Maybe Groulx is really good training camp and gets Steel's spot, but this is pretty realistic.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
That's pretty much what I expect. Maybe Groulx is really good training camp and gets Steel's spot, but this is pretty realistic.

BO will have to have a hell of a camp to make this team right out of the gate. Not saying it won't happen but it seems really unlikely considering we have like six centers among the top 14 forwards as it is. I fully anticipate seeing him get called up at some point but there's too much of a logjam down the middle if everyone's healthy.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: TheJoeMan
BO will have to have a hell of a camp to make this team right out of the gate. Not saying it won't happen but it seems really unlikely considering we have like six centers among the top 14 forwards as it is. I fully anticipate seeing him get called up at some point but there's too much of a logjam down the middle if everyone's healthy.

My assumption is that Henrique will play Wing. Grant shouldn't be a full-time NHLer, but he'll probably play because Eakins likes him. Steel hasn't been good at all since Eakins has been there and therefore I could see Groulx taking his spot if he has a really good camp. And if Eakins realizes Groulx is better than Grant, BO might get the chance to play. It seems unrealistic, but I'm definitely rooting for him.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 4:03 p.m.
My assumption is that Henrique will play Wing. Grant shouldn't be a full-time NHLer, but he'll probably play because Eakins likes him. Steel hasn't been good at all since Eakins has been there and therefore I could see Groulx taking his spot if he has a really good camp. And if Eakins realizes Groulx is better than Grant, BO might get the chance to play. It seems unrealistic, but I'm definitely rooting for him.

I'm totally rooting for him too but at this stage he's simply not better than Henrique, Grant or ever Steel. He should be, eventually, but those guys are all established pros whom will be wasted in the press box. It's funny how much negativity Grant inspires. There must be some analytical stat that suggests he's terrible because he's really not. He has been a solid fourth-line center ever stint he's been with us. Steel frustrates the hell out of me and I'm actually annoyed Murph hasn't traded him to maximize his value as he's cruising towards bustville. But he has talent and produces, a bit. He really needs to step up and early. Rico is totally solid and sure as hell isn't going to get bumped by a rookie. He had a bizarre stretch there last year that led to him getting waived but he was his old self after that. I expect another 20-ish-goal, 40-point season from his this year.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 4:42 p.m.
Edited Sep. 29, 2021 at 4:50 p.m.
I'm totally rooting for him too but at this stage he's simply not better than Henrique, Grant or ever Steel. He should be, eventually, but those guys are all established pros whom will be wasted in the press box. It's funny how much negativity Grant inspires. There must be some analytical stat that suggests he's terrible because he's really not. He has been a solid fourth-line center ever stint he's been with us. Steel frustrates the hell out of me and I'm actually annoyed Murph hasn't traded him to maximize his value as he's cruising towards bustville. But he has talent and produces, a bit. He really needs to step up and early. Rico is totally solid and sure as hell isn't going to get bumped by a rookie. He had a bizarre stretch there last year that led to him getting waived but he was his old self after that. I expect another 20-ish-goal, 40-point season from his this year.

As I said, my guess is that Henrique will be playing Wing. Groulx isn't better than him, but I never said that anyways. They wouldn't play the same position and Rico wouldn't be bumped by Groulx.

All analytics say Grant is terrible, but I mainly don't think he's good by watching. He is a solid extra forward, but he shouldn't be the Center on the line Eakins plays against the top lines of other teams. I think Groulx could be better than him if he's used correctly, but maybe not quite yet. I think Groulx will be ahead of Grant in 22/23.

I think Steel has to perform this season or he's done in Anaheim. I think that if he continues to struggle, he could be dealt at the TDL.

I hope for the Centers to be Zegras-Getzlaf-Lundeström-Groulx, but I think Grant will start as the 4th line Center.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
As I said, my guess is that Henrique will be playing Wing. Groulx isn't better than him, but I never said that anyways. They wouldn't play the same position and Rico wouldn't be bumped by Groulx.

All analytics say Grant is terrible, but I mainly don't think he's good by watching. He is a solid extra forward, but he shouldn't be the Center on the line Eakins plays against the top lines of other teams. I think Groulx could be better than him if he's used correctly, but maybe not quite yet. I think Groulx will be ahead of Grant in 22/23.

I think Steel has to perform this season or he's done in Anaheim. I think that if he continues to struggle, he could be dealt at the TDL.

I hope for the Centers to be Zegras-Getzlaf-Lundeström-Groulx, but I think Grant will start as the 4th line Center.

Bravo, my friend. Totally have to eat crow on this. Really impressed with Bo and hope he makes the best of this opportunity. Very, very disappointed in Steel. Should have traded him a while ago.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
Bravo, my friend. Totally have to eat crow on this. Really impressed with Bo and hope he makes the best of this opportunity. Very, very disappointed in Steel. Should have traded him a while ago.

I really hope he does well, he has so much potential. Sad to see what has become of Steel. I think he could get traded in a trade for a different young player who has struggled (someone like Bellows).

Btw I think I was a bit too hard on Grant. He looked fine the last few games and I think he looked a lot better last season before Rowney got injured. After that injury he didn't play too well imo.
TheJoeMan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll