C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 1
$836,667$836,667 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 26, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
Banned
I mean, they’re good. I wouldn’t go crazy though. I wouldn’t bet on this core winning a cup, but they’re good
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 26, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
They need more star power
Sep. 26, 2021 at 11:09 p.m.
CHI NYI
I don't think we're gonna ever going to be true contenders (in the same way Tampa and Colorado are), but I do hate how people equate mediocre prospect pool with having "no future." Trotz and Lou won't be here forever, but for as long as they are, I have full confidence that they're going to get the very most out of our guys, young and old. And yeah, we have normal draft capital in the next few years and some guys who are developing well in the system. Not really concerned about being able to pull from the cupboard tbh
Islesforthecup liked this.
Sep. 26, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I don't think we're gonna ever going to be true contenders (in the same way Tampa and Colorado are), but I do hate how people equate mediocre prospect pool with having "no future." Trotz and Lou won't be here forever, but for as long as they are, I have full confidence that they're going to get the very most out of our guys, young and old. And yeah, we have normal draft capital in the next few years and some guys who are developing well in the system. Not really concerned about being able to pull from the cupboard tbh

As a blues fan its the same like it isnt crazy but we have so really good player like pernovich, Bolduc, Neighbors, and kostin
ForsbergForVezina liked this.
Sep. 26, 2021 at 11:38 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan

This is a great take. Trotz and Lou always manage to squeeze the best out of otherwise mediocre players and have a great culture there in NY. Also, I think more people need to realize what you said about prospects. Just because someone hasn't heard of some of your teams prospects it doesn't mean they have "no future".
Sep. 26, 2021 at 11:56 p.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
This is a great take. Trotz and Lou always manage to squeeze the best out of otherwise mediocre players and have a great culture there in NY. Also, I think more people need to realize what you said about prospects. Just because someone hasn't heard of some of your teams prospects it doesn't mean they have "no future".

Lou and Trotz are very good at getting the best out of grinders and goaltenders, but I think they are also riding the aging curves of some of the isles young talent (Barzal, Beauvillier , Pelech, Pulock).

I remember the year before Devon Toews made his NHL debut for the isles , one of the prospect rankings had his ceiling as a #5 defenseman. Most casual fans didn’t know about him. Within a year he was a high end top 4 D. There are hidden gems in a lot of low ranked prospect pools.
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.

The isles need Wahlstrom to pan out as a top line sniper (looks like it’s going to happen), 1 of Salo or Bolduc to become a 2nd pairing defenseman, and to extend their window they’ll need Raty to take over as 2C in 2-3 years. The prospect pool isn’t great, but they have some solid pieces that fit the teams needs over the next 2-3 years
Sep. 27, 2021 at 1:08 a.m.
Vancouerrific
Quoting: NoVaSpartan

That picture LOL
Sep. 27, 2021 at 2:20 a.m.
What do you mean "You people?"
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:07 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I mean, they’re good. I wouldn’t go crazy though. I wouldn’t bet on this core winning a cup, but they’re good

2 Conference finals in a row?
I mean, I'm not saying that totally means anything but the Isles are definitely closer than the B's.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:07 a.m.
Quoting: earl08
What do you mean "You people?"

I literally said the same thing when I seen this lmao
earl08 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 7:36 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
The isles need Wahlstrom to pan out as a top line sniper (looks like it’s going to happen), 1 of Salo or Bolduc to become a 2nd pairing defenseman, and to extend their window they’ll need Raty to take over as 2C in 2-3 years. The prospect pool isn’t great, but they have some solid pieces that fit the teams needs over the next 2-3 years

I find it fascinating how clueless a guy like Corey Pronman is in his prospect evaluations, I really like Scott Wheeler and Smaht Scouting etc. Pronman had Räty as our best prospect ahead of Wahlstrom and Dobson, Wahlstrom was in the 80s-100s, and players like David Gustafsson and his likes was ahead, embarassing. Of course Islanders future is dependent on several prospects and young guys to take the next step and coreguys keeping their high level. But with a young(ish) core of Sorokin, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, Salo, Bolduc (?), Barzal, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Räty and a possible breaktrough from a player we didnt expect... Its looking real good. Complement that core with some UFA players and let the old guard in Lee be valuable in a 2nd, 3rd line role going into their 30s and we have a good chance of being real good for a long time.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 8:13 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: WhereArtTLuongo
That picture LOL

I believe in Shane Doan supremacy.
WhereArtTLuongo liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 9:15 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: RagBolts
2 Conference finals in a row?
I mean, I'm not saying that totally means anything but the Isles are definitely closer than the B's.

I have no earthly idea why you brought the Bruins into this. We were talking about the New York Islanders I believe. .

I don’t really care what happened in the bubble. The Islanders. Play a very low event style of hockey, try to rely on better goaltending, and some luck. It’s not sustainable in my opinion.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: Isles10
I find it fascinating how clueless a guy like Corey Pronman is in his prospect evaluations, I really like Scott Wheeler and Smaht Scouting etc. Pronman had Räty as our best prospect ahead of Wahlstrom and Dobson, Wahlstrom was in the 80s-100s, and players like David Gustafsson and his likes was ahead, embarassing. Of course Islanders future is dependent on several prospects and young guys to take the next step and coreguys keeping their high level. But with a young(ish) core of Sorokin, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, Salo, Bolduc (?), Barzal, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, Räty and a possible breaktrough from a player we didnt expect... Its looking real good. Complement that core with some UFA players and let the old guard in Lee be valuable in a 2nd, 3rd line role going into their 30s and we have a good chance of being real good for a long time.

Pronman said Wahlstrom will top out as a middle 6 wing despite the fact that he had a 2nd line impact in the NHL last season despite playing 4th line minutes. He’s the worst, if Wahlstrom puts up 30 on Barzal’s wing this season he’d still call Wahlstrom a middle 6 guy. The problem with him is he’s stubborn.
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 10:22 a.m.
Pronman said Wahlstrom will top out as a middle 6 wing despite the fact that he had a 2nd line impact in the NHL last season despite playing 4th line minutes. He’s the worst, if Wahlstrom puts up 30 on Barzal’s wing this season he’d still call Wahlstrom a middle 6 guy. The problem with him is he’s stubborn.

Yeah it’s always seems Pronman’s got some sort of agenda, it just seems too subjective all the time. It will always be subjective in terms of what you believe is more valuable to a team of course, when discussing players with similar impact. But having Svechnikov ahead of Pettersson for example and don’t credit Makar with having one single metric as elite is so weird. Owen Power super high etc. I don’t get him at all. And his evaluation of Wahlstrom is so weird I don’t even know… did he watch him for one second last year or study him? I mean he’s getting paid to do that exact thing.
Db1899 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 10:47 a.m.
Yeah it’s always seems Pronman’s got some sort of agenda, it just seems too subjective all the time. It will always be subjective in terms of what you believe is more valuable to a team of course, when discussing players with similar impact. But having Svechnikov ahead of Pettersson for example and don’t credit Makar with having one single metric as elite is so weird. Owen Power super high etc. I don’t get him at all. And his evaluation of Wahlstrom is so weird I don’t even know… did he watch him for one second last year or study him? I mean he’s getting paid to do that exact thing.

Yeah his recent analysis on Wahlstrom made it seem like he didn’t watch one game of his last season lol
Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 10:11 a.m.

Speaking of Wahlstrom, it is insane that every isles based writer (Gross, Staple etc..) is using Wahlstroms waiver exempt status to try to get clicks to read their articles. Wahlstrom has pretty significant bonus 💰 in his contract , they can’t send him down because his cap hit goes to 1.4 mill .
Sep. 28, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
Speaking of Wahlstrom, it is insane that every isles based writer (Gross, Staple etc..) is using Wahlstroms waiver exempt status to try to get clicks to read their articles. Wahlstrom has pretty significant bonus 💰 in his contract , they can’t send him down because his cap hit goes to 1.4 mill .

I actually didn’t know that, but Staple and Gross etc. surely atleast should know about that. I’m not surprised though, Isles don’t have any good beatwriters at all unfortunately. Laughed when Nichols got hired as an Islander writer for the The Fourth Period, I’ve listened to his pod a couple of times, it’s embarassing how little knowledge he’s got about exactly everything. What an reporter, only quoting exactly everything every other journalist writes/tweets. What is even that. I want Mike Russo from Minnesota. Is he not born on Long Island or have I got that wrong? A beatwriter is not all about getting inside information from the organization. I get that Islanders beatwriters have a tough time compared to their colleagues, but come on, their are so much to write about anyways.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
I actually didn’t know that, but Staple and Gross etc. surely atleast should know about that. I’m not surprised though, Isles don’t have any good beatwriters at all unfortunately. Laughed when Nichols got hired as an Islander writer for the The Fourth Period, I’ve listened to his pod a couple of times, it’s embarassing how little knowledge he’s got about exactly everything. What an reporter, only quoting everything every other journalist writes/tweets. And it’s not like him discussing the report or news from others, he just tweets it out like he is doing a serious job by doing it. What is even that. I want Mike Russo from Minnesota. Is he not born on Long Island or have I got that wrong? A beatwriter is not all about getting inside information from the organization. I get that Islanders beatwriters have a tough time compared to their colleagues, but come on, their are so much to write about anyways.

Oops I accidentally quoted my answer, while I was trying to edit haha.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
I actually didn’t know that, but Staple and Gross etc. surely atleast should know about that. I’m not surprised though, Isles don’t have any good beatwriters at all unfortunately. Laughed when Nichols got hired as an Islander writer for the The Fourth Period, I’ve listened to his pod a couple of times, it’s embarassing how little knowledge he’s got about exactly everything. What an reporter, only quoting exactly everything every other journalist writes/tweets. What is even that. I want Mike Russo from Minnesota. Is he not born on Long Island or have I got that wrong? A beatwriter is not all about getting inside information from the organization. I get that Islanders beatwriters have a tough time compared to their colleagues, but come on, their are so much to write about anyways.

Staple might, but he’s just looking to troll. That’s one of the reasons why I cancelled my Athletic subscription. I don’t think Gross has a clue , but even without knowing about the cap hit - even speculating that a player of Wahlstroms caliber could be sent down because of his waiver exemption makes 0 sense. The Isles have 7 forwards competing for the 13 + 14 F spot . MDC, Panik, Koivula , Johnston, Komarov , Bellows, and Golyshev. The only one that will get claimed is Bellows and they’re definitely waiving him no matter what.

I agree the isles have no good beat writers. They all just have click bait BS titles to make you read their articles/listen to their podcast. They were doing it all offseason with the Beauvillier for 2LD nonsense. I’m a big fan of Russo, he’s the real deal.

This was from today - I hope no one listens to their podcast if they’re going to troll to get people to click on their video clips . What a bunch of hacks.

Isles10 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
Staple might, but he’s just looking to troll. That’s one of the reasons why I cancelled my Athletic subscription. I don’t think Gross has a clue , but even without knowing about the cap hit - even speculating that a player of Wahlstroms caliber could be sent down because of his waiver exemption makes 0 sense. The Isles have 7 forwards competing for the 13 + 14 F spot . MDC, Panik, Koivula , Johnston, Komarov , Bellows, and Golyshev. The only one that will get claimed is Bellows and they’re definitely waiving him no matter what.

I agree the isles have no good beat writers. They all just have click bait BS titles to make you read their articles/listen to their podcast. They were doing it all offseason with the Beauvillier for 2LD nonsense. I’m a big fan of Russo, he’s the real deal.

This was from today - I hope no one listens to their podcast if they’re going to troll to get people to click on their video clips . What a bunch of hacks.

Haha I actually cancelled my Athletic subscription the other day aswell. I demand more than one article a week and it’s just recaping the simplest of topics.

The thing I hate the most though is definitely the lack of good questions. How often does Barry say something like ”I think you answered your on question there Andrew”… they’re so scared of Barry and Lou, not one single ”hard” question EVER, not even questioning or asking about the Komarov situation in a questioning form one single time. Just something like ”what do you believe Komarov bring to that line”, sigh. And why not simply ask Lou what’s the point of the silent summer and all this secrecy about announcing every single, major as minor thing… Mollie Walker was the only reporter that dare to ask Lou this.

Russo is the best, his work actually are exclusive and deserves to pay for reading, for sure. Always love to read his work. He’s not just reporting the obvious, but are discussing the topics from different angles and perspectives and certainly do the ground work and dirty part of the job to bring the readers the best.
Db1899 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 2:45 p.m.
Haha I actually cancelled my Athletic subscription the other day aswell. I demand more than one article a week and it’s just recaping the simplest of topics.

The thing I hate the most though is definitely the lack of good questions. How often does Barry say something like ”I think you answered your on question there Andrew”… they’re so scared of Barry and Lou, not one single ”hard” question EVER, not even questioning or asking about the Komarov situation in a questioning form one single time. Just something like ”what do you believe Komarov bring to that line”, sigh. And why not simply ask Lou what’s the point of the silent summer and all this secrecy about announcing every single, major as minor thing… Mollie Walker was the only reporter that dare to ask Lou this.

Russo is the best, his work actually are exclusive and deserves to pay for reading, for sure. Always love to read his work. He’s not just reporting the obvious, but are discussing the topics from different angles and perspectives and certainly do the ground work and dirty part of the job to bring the readers the best.

Yeah both staple and Gross ask the worst questions - they ask questions that they know Trotz will like - they’ll never question why Trotz has vets in certain roles (komarov, Greene, Zajac) but Gross and staple will fall out Beauvillier, Barzal. Wahlstrom , and Dobson in their questions. Then after they’ll have articles with a title like “why Leo Komarov is a big part of the isles success”. Beauvillier doesn’t score for 2 games and then there’s an article “Time is running out for Beauvillier to show he’s a core piece of this team moving forward” like get the f*ck out here lol I hate the people that cover this team. I just gotta mute them 😂
Sep. 28, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
Yeah both staple and Gross ask the worst questions - they ask questions that they know Trotz will like - they’ll never question why Trotz has vets in certain roles (komarov, Greene, Zajac) but Gross and staple will fall out Beauvillier, Barzal. Wahlstrom , and Dobson in their questions. Then after they’ll have articles with a title like “why Leo Komarov is a big part of the isles success”. Beauvillier doesn’t score for 2 games and then there’s an article “Time is running out for Beauvillier to show he’s a core piece of this team moving forward” like get the f*ck out here lol I hate the people that cover this team. I just gotta mute them 😂

Yeah exactly, and as you said, if Barzal had a bad game or bad incident they ask Barry 3 questions about just that in a weird way, like wtf. Staple that wanted Marleau on the 3rd line in an very early season projection and built his articles around trading Beauvillier for Tarasenko or a lesser 2LD, I was so annoyed at that. Like wasn’t the Toews trade a pretty good example of not doing just that thing. Haha me too, lucky for us we have Brendan Burke announcing the games atleast, it’s telling how good he is listening to some other teams announcers like Boston etc, it’s the worst. In Sweden we can’t choose which broadcast we’ll get either. It’s 99% the home teams broadcast.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Yeah exactly, and as you said, if Barzal had a bad game or bad incident they ask Barry 3 questions about just that in a weird way, like wtf. Staple that wanted Marleau on the 3rd line in an very early season projection and built his articles around trading Beauvillier for Tarasenko or a lesser 2LD, I was so annoyed at that. Like wasn’t the Toews trade a pretty good example of not doing just that thing. Haha me too, lucky for us we have Brendan Burke announcing the games atleast, it’s telling how good he is listening to some other teams announcers like Boston etc, it’s the worst. In Sweden we can’t choose which broadcast we’ll get either. It’s 99% the home teams broadcast.

Lol The Sharks didn’t even have interest in bringing marleau back. Lou even said that he wouldn’t allow another Toews situation to happen, so it was weird that Staple continued to bring up Beau as a trade candidate. He once mentioned Cam Fowler (who’s 30 and not even worth 6.5 mill for 5 years) and then said something along the lines of: “the isles would surely need to include Beauvillier in this trade” when Ducks fans/writers know that Ducks would have to add a sweetener to move his contract lol.

Brendan Burke is the man - good thing he signed a new contract with the isles. He’s up there with Doc Emric as one of my favorite announcers.
Isles10 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll