RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$878,044
Trades
NYR
  1. Kupari, Rasmus
  2. Simontaival, Kasper [Reserve List]
  3. 2023 7th round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
LAK have no space for Kupari and are extremely lacking on defensive prospects.
LAK
  1. Jones, Zachary
  2. Reunanen, Tarmo
  3. 2024 6th round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
NYR have no space for Jones and are lacking on center prospects.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,091,469$0$9,250,000$9,408,531

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
RD
UFA - 1
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:02 p.m.
I wouldn't say Clarke, Grans, Faber, Clague, Durzi, Strand, Moverare, and Kirsanov is correctly counted as "extremely lacking" on defensive prospects.

But maybe that's just me.

Regardless, Kupari>Jones and I don't know anything about who Reunanen is so I'll call that a wash. Kings say no thanks.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:07 p.m.
Kings would probably consider a Kupari for Jones swap, but NY would have to add. Kupari for Jones and a 2022 2nd round pick.

However, LA is going to be hesitant to give up Kupari due to their extreme shortage of right-handed forwards.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
AJC13
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Kings would probably consider a Kupari for Jones swap, but NY would have to add. Kupari for Jones and a 2022 2nd round pick.

However, LA is going to be hesitant to give up Kupari due to their extreme shortage of right-handed forwards.

How about Schneider and Jones (and maybe Robertson) for Byfield?
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:24 p.m.
Moose
I don’t think Kupari will be available at this point. They need to first decide which 4th liners get moved. I think Kupari is an important depth guy if one of the other centers goes down.

You could pry away Lizotte for a low draft pick and keep Jones. He’s a good 4th line option.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
I wouldn't say Clarke, Grans, Faber, Clague, Durzi, Strand, Moverare, and Kirsanov is correctly counted as "extremely lacking" on defensive prospects.

Regardless, Kupari>Jones and I don't know anything about who Reunanen is so I'll call that a wash. Kings say no thanks.

that'd be a mistake, passing on jones
Finski liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.

and a second? no shot. youll regret not nabbin jones
Finski liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:40 p.m.
Quoting: AJC13

no shot we are prying away byfield for anyone
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.

Wait, is this a serious question?
OldNYIfan and Devil liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
New York Rangers

Reunanen is a very talented LD who would be an excellent choice for a team like LA who does not have enough defensive depth. Reunanen has played games in the NHL for the Rangers but since he would be their 7-8th choice (under their current roster) and could be a mid-pairing defense man for any other team, that is why I added him to the trade and asked in exchange for him a very reasonable price in Simontaival. Kupari is not better than Jones. Jones is the best defensive prospect on the left (as of right now) for the Rangers, but again, the Rangers have drafted a lot of defense men and Jones does not have a place on this current roster. LA needs a defense man like Jones and NY needs a center like Kupari, so it only makes sense to make this trade that would benefit both sides. Also, Jones played 10 NHL games for the Rangers (in the last part of the season when they were hunting for a playoff spot) and had 4 points. Very solid defense man and would be a top 4 defense men on any team (except the current Rangers).
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:35 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
You should have been more precise and said something like "the Kings lack defensive prospect depth on the left side," which is true because after Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague, I don't see much on the horizon. I know that this is what you were thinking because both of the Rangers prospects are LDs. But if Jones is your "best defensive prospect on the left," I don't see why he's not next in line behind the three guys you have now, so he'd be in the same position with our team. Nevertheless, I can see a future-oriented swap of Kupari for Jones and Reunanen. And I think you might consider Jaret Anderson-Dolan, too. I think that LA might be more interested in a JAD/Simontaival package than Kupari alone.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.

Byfield is not available. They wouldn't trade him for Eichel, they're not going to trade him for significant downgrades.

A similarly valued counteroffer would be Madden and Thomas (and maybe JAD) for Lafreniere. I'm sure the Rangers would want no part of that.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: CharlieComp88
and a second? no shot. youll regret not nabbin jones

I'll suppose I'll have to learn to live with the disappointment. I said this in another similar thread:

Vilardi = Miller + 2nd
Kupari + 2nd = Miller
Kupari = Jones + 2nd

Both teams are looking to compete right away, so neither is going to want to come out of the trade with the lower-valued player, so I can't really see a deal getting done between LA and NY.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Mursu
Reunanen is a very talented LD who would be an excellent choice for a team like LA who does not have enough defensive depth. Reunanen has played games in the NHL for the Rangers but since he would be their 7-8th choice (under their current roster) and could be a mid-pairing defense man for any other team, that is why I added him to the trade and asked in exchange for him a very reasonable price in Simontaival. Kupari is not better than Jones. Jones is the best defensive prospect on the left (as of right now) for the Rangers, but again, the Rangers have drafted a lot of defense men and Jones does not have a place on this current roster. LA needs a defense man like Jones and NY needs a center like Kupari, so it only makes sense to make this trade that would benefit both sides. Also, Jones played 10 NHL games for the Rangers (in the last part of the season when they were hunting for a playoff spot) and had 4 points. Very solid defense man and would be a top 4 defense men on any team (except the current Rangers).

LA would be happy to take K'Andre Miller off your hands so that the Rangers can make room for the future all-star that is Zachary Jones.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:52 p.m.
New York Rangers
LA would be happy to take K'Andre Miller off your hands so that the Rangers can make room for the future all-star that is Zachary Jones.

Funny man, funny funny man. Zac Jones without a question will be a star in the league, but Miller has Norris potential this year if he performs like he did last season. Kupari is a good player, but if we did not accept an Eichel trade with Miller in it, I don't see us downgrading to Kupari. Jones and Kupari have the same trade value, I believe that you have got a personal attachment to Kupari and are over valuing him as a player.
CharlieComp88 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Funny man, funny funny man. Zac Jones without a question will be a star in the league, but Miller has Norris potential this year if he performs like he did last season. Kupari is a good player, but if we did not accept an Eichel trade with Miller in it, I don't see us downgrading to Kupari. Jones and Kupari have the same trade value, I believe that you have got a personal attachment to Kupari and are over valuing him as a player.

The same could be said about you and Jones.

Kupari is a former first round pick and has 4 years of professional hockey against men under his belt (2 in Liiga, 2 in AHL). Jones is a former third round pick and has 10 games of professional hockey under his belt. All of his post-draft career has been played in the NCAA (a fine league, but not on par with Liiga or the A). Kupari was leading the AHL in scoring last season for a stretch before he earned himself a call-up to the NHL. Jones is a fine looking prospect, but he's not on par with Kupari.

Additionally, the Kings are desperately short at right-handed forwards. Kupari is one of the few top-six guys they have coming up that shoots right.

The Rangers have to add if they want to swap Jones for Kupari.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
New York Rangers
Quoting: OldNYIfan
You should have been more precise and said something like "the Kings lack defensive prospect depth on the left side," which is true because after Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague, I don't see much on the horizon. I know that this is what you were thinking because both of the Rangers prospects are LDs. But if Jones is your "best defensive prospect on the left," I don't see why he's not next in line behind the three guys you have now, so he'd be in the same position with our team. Nevertheless, I can see a future-oriented swap of Kupari for Jones and Reunanen. And I think you might consider Jaret Anderson-Dolan, too. I think that LA might be more interested in a JAD/Simontaival package than Kupari alone.

Jones is our best prospect on the left side and without a doubt he would make the team (if we would have a space for him) but I feel that management doesn't want a rookie-rookie defense tandem on our bottom pairing, so we got Nemeth to help coach and build Lundkvist. Without Lundkvist or if we have an injury to a defense man during the season, Jones will slot in nicely (Tinordi will be played, but more in the sense of him being a hitman alongside Reaves). But our current defense goes:

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Nemeth - Lundkvist

If you can find a space for Jones, please tell me so that I can phone Drury since I love the kid, but we don't have a space for him. As for JAD/Simontaival we don't need a bottom center in JAD (we have many of them McKegg, Rooney, Barron, etc.). But what we realistically need is a replacement for Chytil on the 3rd line and Kupari would slot into that role nicely and with the entirety of the LAK left defense expiring next season a star like Jones will find himself playing top pairing minutes without a question.
LVNYR_FAN liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
New York Rangers
The same could be said about you and Jones.

Kupari is a former first round pick and has 4 years of professional hockey against men under his belt (2 in Liiga, 2 in AHL). Jones is a former third round pick and has 10 games of professional hockey under his belt. All of his post-draft career has been played in the NCAA (a fine league, but not on par with Liiga or the A). Kupari was leading the AHL in scoring last season for a stretch before he earned himself a call-up to the NHL. Jones is a fine looking prospect, but he's not on par with Kupari.

Additionally, the Kings are desperately short at right-handed forwards. Kupari is one of the few top-six guys they have coming up that shoots right.

The Rangers have to add if they want to swap Jones for Kupari.

For young players like Kupari Liiga is an amazing learning experience, but I would struggle to call it much more professional than the OHL or NCAA since these kids are kids and playing with adults does not make you an adult and since realistically for a Finn to make it to the NHL they must play in Liiga (I know this since I am from Finland). As for his AHL stint, he has played 59 games in the AHL, where he did perform well. However, had you watched the NCAA playoffs/finals, you would have seen that Jones was a huge part of his team and a key player in the championship to UMass. When it comes to right-handed/left-handed players, the difference is not large in an offense man. But also you seem to be thinking that this trade is Kupari for Jones one for one, which is not the case in this trade.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
For young players like Kupari Liiga is an amazing learning experience, but I would struggle to call it much more professional than the OHL or NCAA since these kids are kids and playing with adults does not make you an adult and since realistically for a Finn to make it to the NHL they must play in Liiga (I know this since I am from Finland). As for his AHL stint, he has played 59 games in the AHL, where he did perform well. However, had you watched the NCAA playoffs/finals, you would have seen that Jones was a huge part of his team and a key player in the championship to UMass. When it comes to right-handed/left-handed players, the difference is not large in an offense man. But also you seem to be thinking that this trade is Kupari for Jones one for one, which is not the case in this trade.

Disagree about the difference in playing against men vs 18-22 year olds. There is a significant difference which is often cited by scouts and coaching staff as beneficial for junior-aged players looking to make the jump into the NHL. I did watch the NCAA playoffs (the Kings had a lot of players involved, including standout goaltender David Hrenak). Jones is good, but he has a lot of work to do before we'll see if he can be successful in the NHL.

Right vs. left is not a huge difference when it comes to an individual player, but it does make a difference when it comes to the entire offensive corps. If the Kings start the season with the expected roster, they will have exactly 3 out of 14 forwards that shoot right. That's a big problem that has been directly acknowledged by Todd McLellan. Kupari is the best right-handed forward prospect the Kings have have. They're not going to move him unless it's for an upgrade (Kupari to Jones is a step down in value).

The remaining pieces that you include in the trade other than Kupari and Jones are inconsequential and do not move the needle at all in terms of value. Simontival has more value to the Kings because he hasn't signed his ELC yet and still has 3+ years before he'd have to be subjected to waivers. Reunanen's ELC, on the other hand, expires next summer at which time he will require waivers before he can be sent to the AHL. Regardless of positional need, that trade is a downgrade for LA due to contract status.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.
New York Rangers
Disagree about the difference in playing against men vs 18-22 year olds. There is a significant difference which is often cited by scouts and coaching staff as beneficial for junior-aged players looking to make the jump into the NHL. I did watch the NCAA playoffs (the Kings had a lot of players involved, including standout goaltender David Hrenak). Jones is good, but he has a lot of work to do before we'll see if he can be successful in the NHL.

Right vs. left is not a huge difference when it comes to an individual player, but it does make a difference when it comes to the entire offensive corps. If the Kings start the season with the expected roster, they will have exactly 3 out of 14 forwards that shoot right. That's a big problem that has been directly acknowledged by Todd McLellan. Kupari is the best right-handed forward prospect the Kings have have. They're not going to move him unless it's for an upgrade (Kupari to Jones is a step down in value).

The remaining pieces that you include in the trade other than Kupari and Jones are inconsequential and do not move the needle at all in terms of value. Simontival has more value to the Kings because he hasn't signed his ELC yet and still has 3+ years before he'd have to be subjected to waivers. Reunanen's ELC, on the other hand, expires next summer at which time he will require waivers before he can be sent to the AHL. Regardless of positional need, that trade is a downgrade for LA due to contract status.

Where Liiga or SHL matters is if a player slots into your lineup immediately, but Kupari did not do this. Liiga and SHL also have a terrible time teaching skating and most players need to improve on skating alot compared to NCAA or OHL.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
AJC13
Wait, is this a serious question?

Quoting: CharlieComp88
no shot we are prying away byfield for anyone

I suppose the three of them need to build up their credibility first.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
AJC13
Byfield is not available. They wouldn't trade him for Eichel, they're not going to trade him for significant downgrades.

A similarly valued counteroffer would be Madden and Thomas (and maybe JAD) for Lafreniere. I'm sure the Rangers would want no part of that.

Thanks for the explanation. Just thought that LA was very deep at the Center prospect position, but not as strong at D.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 8:58 p.m.
Thanks for the explanation. Just thought that LA was very deep at the Center prospect position, but not as strong at D.

That doesn't mean the Kings are going to give their future franchise prospect for some mediocre guys.

There's one player on the Rangers that could bring in Byfield and he's the guy who went just before him in the draft. I'm not saying necessarily 1-for-1 (likely more going to NYR), but thats the player that starts a conversation. (And no, the Kings wouldn't be able to go for Panarin because of cap space, so I didn't include him in the list of players that Byfield would go the other way for.)
Sep. 27, 2021 at 9:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Pretty ironic coming from you
CharlieComp88 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2021 at 2:48 a.m.
AJC13
The three players being offered are not mediocre, their unproven. Maybe LA trades one of their many center prospects (not named Byfield) for one of them.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:43 a.m.
I'll suppose I'll have to learn to live with the disappointment. I said this in another similar thread:

Vilardi = Miller + 2nd
Kupari + 2nd = Miller
Kupari = Jones + 2nd

miller= vilardi +2nd
miller = kupari + 2nd
jones = kupari +2nd
LOL

Both teams are looking to compete right away, so neither is going to want to come out of the trade with the lower-valued player, so I can't really see a deal getting done between LA and NY.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll