$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
boothy424
I just can't get behind the character of Kuznetsov. He has caused too many problems. You aren't trading a top 2 center when you are a contender unless there is a real problem there.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Banned
I think this makes the team worse, and you have the headache of all kuznetsov’s issues. No thanks.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.
Yes but not Kuznetsov and not for this return.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Bedard23
Kuzy is 2nd or 3rd line on an elite team
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:50 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: boothy424
I just can't get behind the character of Kuznetsov. He has caused too many problems. You aren't trading a top 2 center when you are a contender unless there is a real problem there.

Citation needed on any trade attempt from the team. They've got him centering Ovechkin and Mantha in camp. Laviolette said he showed up in good shape with a good attitude. MacLellan has denied wanting to trade him, when asked point blank, but allowed that he'd trade just about anybody if the price is right, and it makes the team better.

Quoting: bhavikp27
Yes but not Kuznetsov and not for this return.

Quoting: CMcAvoy73
I think this makes the team worse, and you have the headache of all kuznetsov’s issues. No thanks.

He's seven years younger than Bergeron, and has led the league in playoff points.

I never read about Kuznetsov drama during the season until Laviolette showed up and started benching him. So I think a trade involving some guys who did okay in Nashville, without incident, could interest Washington.

If you get the best guy in the trade, you expect to overpay a little bit.

A Bruins fan posted a Kuznetsov trade yesterday, so fans of other teams chiming in that the Bruins shouldn't target him seems a bit much. We're just arguing price, here. Move along.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: Eli
He's seven years younger than Bergeron, and has led the league in playoff points.

I never read about Kuznetsov drama during the season until Laviolette showed up and started benching him. So I think a trade involving some guys who did okay in Nashville, without incident, could interest Washington.

A Bruins fan posted a Kuznetsov trade yesterday, so fans of other teams chiming in that the Bruins shouldn't target him seems a bit much. We're just arguing price, here. Move along.

Kuznetsov is only 29 but he's regressed over the past seasons. He isn't worth $7.8M right now and I'm not sure he'll be worth it over the final years of his deal. He doesn't fit the Bruins system at all: he's poor defensively. Any young forward who's called up needs to be responsible defensively or he's sent down/traded (Vatrano/Donato/Bjork). Another reason: Kuznetsov off-ice issues. Bruins don't want a player like that.

I personally prefer to target an elite C and Kuznetsov isn't elite. I don't know what the Bruins will do but highly doubt they are/would be interested by Kuznetsov. For the trade return, Haula was literally signed two months ago, he isn't getting moved. This is too much for Kuznetsov right now anyways.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Eli
Citation needed on any trade attempt from the team. They've got him centering Ovechkin and Mantha in camp. Laviolette said he showed up in good shape with a good attitude. MacLellan has denied wanting to trade him, when asked point blank, but allowed that he'd trade just about anybody if the price is right, and it makes the team better.

With his contract, other issues etc, i don’t view him as an asset. If he was on waivers I’m not sure if i would want him.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
Kuzy is 2nd or 3rd line on an elite team

Kuzy is about 2 years removed from being an average first line c. He has been playing like a good 2c or low end 1c.

He has character and commitment questions but he's most certainly not a 3c
Eli and capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:18 p.m.
Kuznetsov is only 29 but he's regressed over the past seasons. He isn't worth $7.8M right now and I'm not sure he'll be worth it over the final years of his deal. He doesn't fit the Bruins system at all: he's poor defensively. Any young forward who's called up needs to be responsible defensively or he's sent down/traded (Vatrano/Donato/Bjork). Another reason: Kuznetsov off-ice issues. Bruins don't want a player like that.

I personally prefer to target an elite C and Kuznetsov isn't elite. I don't know what the Bruins will do but highly doubt they are/would be interested by Kuznetsov. For the trade return, Haula was literally signed two months ago, he isn't getting moved. This is too much for Kuznetsov right now anyways.

Im not arguing your criticisms of Kuzy their valid. Just curious who you would target as you say you'd rather target a truly elite c.

You guys have had the benefit of having a generational 2-way c and another good high end c in Bergeron and Krejci for a good decade. It's really hard to acquire a top end c before their decline starts. It's why guys like Kevin Hayes who is fine but not particularly special gets so much as a UFA.

You guys did do well to get Savard all those years ago mind you
Eli liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
Kuzy could fit well, especially with a leadership group like Boston's. But isn't worth trading three middle-six pieces. They also just signed Haula so they aren't trading him. Package of Debrusk + picks/prospects for Kuzy with some sort of retention or cap (Moore) going the other way could make a little sense.

Swayman>>>>>>>Dubnyk. dont sign Dubnyk

Lysell isnt playing in the NHL for at least 2 years.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
Im not arguing your criticisms of Kuzy their valid. Just curious who you would target as you say you'd rather target a truly elite c.

You guys have had the benefit of having a generational 2-way c and another good high end c in Bergeron and Krejci for a good decade. It's really hard to acquire a top end c before their decline starts. It's why guys like Kevin Hayes who is fine but not particularly special gets so much as a UFA.

You guys did do well to get Savard all those years ago mind you

Indeed but right now, the Bruins don't have any top6 C after Bergeron in the system. Coyle is a middle-6 C and Studnicka is also projected to be a 2nd/3rd liner. If the Bruins can get an elite one and one of Coyle/Studnicka on the second line, I think they'll be fine whereas having a top6 C and then a fringe 2C, imo, is not enough to contend. Obviously, this is if the team is still contending in the upcoming years which is not guaranteed. I prefer going after Hertl than Kuznetsov.
BCAPP and Eli liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
Indeed but right now, the Bruins don't have any top6 C after Bergeron in the system. Coyle is a middle-6 C and Studnicka is also projected to be a 2nd/3rd liner. If the Bruins can get an elite one and one of Coyle/Studnicka on the second line, I think they'll be fine whereas having a top6 C and then a fringe 2C, imo, is not enough to contend. Obviously, this is if the team is still contending in the upcoming years which is not guaranteed. I prefer going after Hertl than Kuznetsov.

Kuzy has been better than hertl through their careers, but I do agree their recent trajectory I'd prefer hertl. Of course hertl needs to be resigned....

Regardless Bergeron should start declining any day and eventually retire (though I'm starting to wonder if he's the next Chara... Almost everyone else in his draft year are shadows of their former selves. But bergy). This team with a 60% of what he was Bergeron is a top end wing/d team with a good gamble at g and really poor c. It will be a flatal flaw if not corrected
Eli liked this.
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: shmoeman
Kuzy could fit well, especially with a leadership group like Boston's. But isn't worth trading three middle-six pieces. They also just signed Haula so they aren't trading him. Package of Debrusk + picks/prospects for Kuzy with some sort of retention or cap (Moore) going the other way could make a little sense.

Swayman>>>>>>>Dubnyk. dont sign Dubnyk

Lysell isnt playing in the NHL for at least 2 years.

Yeah I found the Dubnyk signing bizarre
Sep. 27, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
Kuzy is about 2 years removed from being an average first line c. He has been playing like a good 2c or low end 1c.

He has character and commitment questions but he's most certainly not a 3c

Thanks. It depends if you look at the first or second half of last year (assuming you forget all the years before that). First half, with an ankle injury and a rough start under a new defense-first coach who has picked other Russian players to scapegoat in other towns, Kuznetsov was not even a 3C. But that's just through February.

March through May, Kuznetsov got 18 even strength points playing 2C or 3C with Sprong or Oshie, while Bergeron got 21 feeding Pastrnak. So Kunzetsov might still not be elite, but he is an upgrade over the current 1C in Boston, offensively, and at just 29, he's easily got four more years left in him. At 36, Bergeron might not be as good this year as he was last year at 35.

If the Caps have Backstrom at 1C, they can afford to trade Kuznetsov, if the return is right. Laviolette apparently got along with Smith and I think Haula in Nashville, but the other two guys, and the salary move, round out the trade value.

It's quite possible that by the playoffs, Kempny is better than Grzelcyk, but the Caps have Orlov, Fehervary, Alexeyev, and Johansen on the left side, and it's still early enough that they can sign a UFA for insurance.

See above, as far as performance, but also, if not Haula, then who? With Backstrom injured for a month, WSH (edited: could) consider the above in order to start the year with Haula and Smith as two of their top three centers, along with Lars Eller. You can talk about not being elite, but Kuznetsov is better and more experienced at center than any of those three. So it's a short term downgrade for Washington, but with Backstrom healthy, if Eller can move up to 2C, it gives the Caps a very good 3rd line that really fits Laviolette's style. Nobody coming in is bumping Ovechkin, Wilson, Oshie, or Mantha out of a top six wing spot, and I'm not sure Smith matches Eller positionally at center. So if you drop the pretense that the Caps have to trade the guy who's centering their two best goal scorers in camp this year, and you want to make the trade a little short, I mean, are you adding Lysell? (edited: or a pick to trade for a top nine center? Because they'd need something, there.)
Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Sep. 27, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
Hertl is better in his own end of the ice than Kuznetsov. But he's also more or less just taken himself out of the rumor mill until the deadline: https://nhltradetalk.com/hertl-willing-take-discount-play-for-competitive-sharks-team/

Eichel and Malkin are injured. Kuznetsov has three times as many 70 point seasons as Monahan. Choose your poison, or accept a rebuild in the middle of Pastrnak's prime.

The Caps, with Kuznetsov at 1C, have usually made the playoffs and often helped Ovechkin lead the league in goals. They've won the Cup. If the alternative is Monahan, he's helped Gaudreau have a good season or two, and sometimes they make the playoffs, also. So Boston has to decide whether they want to stay all-in, or ease off the gas a little bit. Washington is going to stay all-in, so getting their #1 center, whether or not the coach loves him, should take a slight overpay, all around. It is worth it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll