SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

What about Beckman

Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
After the first preseason game, maybe Beckman can even make this team??? If so, does that push Greenway to the 4th line?
Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:28 p.m.
I just don’t think they’re going to put Boldy and Rossi on the same line, and further to that, I don’t think Rossi starts in the NHL.

Beckman is def making a case for himself, but I kinda see him as being heavy minutes and key situations in Iowa for a bit.

If Beckman does force it with his play, then I think this is pretty close but swap Freddy in for Rossi. It could change, but if you’re shooting for opening night accuracy, I don’t think this is it.
Wildwinswhen and OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: drmantalban
I just don’t think they’re going to put Boldy and Rossi on the same line, and further to that, I don’t think Rossi starts in the NHL.

Beckman is def making a case for himself, but I kinda see him as being heavy minutes and key situations in Iowa for a bit.

If Beckman does force it with his play, then I think this is pretty close but swap Freddy in for Rossi. It could change, but if you’re shooting for opening night accuracy, I don’t think this is it.

Yeah, I'm thinking opening night. Rossi could definitely be sent down and come up later, but I'm looking what I'm hearing so far about Boldy, Rossi, and Beckman. I can't wait to watch the next preseason game
MNCountryClub liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:46 p.m.
It’s my opinion that Beckman will see time if/when Fiala is traded. He’s a top 6 wing, and until there is a spot in the top 6 he will be in Iowa.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: Wildwinswhen
Yeah, I'm thinking opening night. Rossi could definitely be sent down and come up later, but I'm looking what I'm hearing so far about Boldy, Rossi, and Beckman. I can't wait to watch the next preseason game

Agreed, all 3 have been very impressive. I didn’t see the last one, but from what I’ve heard, Greenway was the weak link on the line with Rossi and Boldy. Swapping him with Fiala could def change the dynamic to make that a successful line, so I’m kinda going back on my initial statement a bit. I just get the sense that they’re somewhat firm on playing Fiala with Gaudreau and Rask to start.

Will be interesting to see what pans out the next couple of weeks.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
That first preseason game means nothing. There was only a couple days of practice before that game. The kids all had the prospect camp and a couple of games. Rossi had the Olympic qualifier camp and games before that too. So they were already a couple weeks ahead in training camp/game shape.

The MN vets just needed to find their game and not get hurt. It was noticeable for the STL vets too. They didn't start to find their game until the 3rd period.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll