SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD / OTT) - Future Considerations for Gormley 

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 6, 2017 at 3:56 p.m.
A trade between New Jersey Devils and Ottawa Senators has been confirmed.
Trade Details
New Jersey Devils Acquire:
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
Future Considerations
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Change: -$650,000
Change: -$80,000
Ottawa Senators Acquire:
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
Brandon Gormley · $0$650,000$80,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$650,000$80,000
Change: $0
Change: +$650,000
Change: +$80,000
Mar. 6, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.
Hi, Can someone explain to me why trades after the deadline are still permitted? Never understood this?
Mar. 6, 2017 at 7:54 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: F50marco
Hi, Can someone explain to me why trades after the deadline are still permitted? Never understood this?

Players that are traded after the deadline cannot play in the playoffs
Mar. 7, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.
Quoting: Leafs

Thanks Chris. So technically if a team is out of the playoffs and the other team they are trading with is out of the playoffs, both teams can make a pretty significant trade even after the deadline? Lets say the Canes go after Duchene tomorrow, they can trade for him? Both teams won't make the playoffs but at least they'll have Duchene for the remainder of the year and starting next year too?
Mar. 7, 2017 at 1:10 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

Thanks Chris. So technically if a team is out of the playoffs and the other team they are trading with is out of the playoffs, both teams can make a pretty significant trade even after the deadline? Lets say the Canes go after Duchene tomorrow, they can trade for him? Both teams won't make the playoffs but at least they'll have Duchene for the remainder of the year and starting next year too?

Hmm interesting thought. I believe Duchene could still be traded after the deadline.
If i recall correctly, didn't Gomez get traded after the deadline last year?
Mar. 7, 2017 at 1:29 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Hmm interesting thought. I believe Duchene could still be traded after the deadline.
If i recall correctly, didn't Gomez get traded after the deadline last year?

No, he was a UFA signing, if Ottawa made hte playoffs he wasn't eligible

Yes, the Canes could theoretically trade for Duchene, and he could learn the system during the remainder of the year.
However; seems like an unlikely idea as Sakic would be unable to interest other teams and drive the value higher, since playoff teams wouldn't be interested until after the playoffs
Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 31, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
sensonfire
Future Considerations.

AKA Diddly Squat.

Ottawa wins.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit