Lines after 4 preseason games

Created by: bunzy1034
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 4, 2021
Published: Oct. 4, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Top 5 performers last night:
1) Jeff Malott: showed why he earned an NHL deal last year. was tenacious and got to the dangerous area on his goal.
2) Kristian Reichel: A skilled player who has an underrated shot.
3) Leon Gawanke: I really like his skating ability. Good lateral quickness.
4) David Gustafsson: Showed well in the face-off circle and is a tank down low
5) Mikhail Berdin: Showed better than Comrie but he won't get the chance unfortunately.

To me neither Stanley or Heinola has really gotten a hold of that last spot. I would say a rotation until someone runs away with it is fair.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Svechnikov, Evgeny
1$750,000
Trades
WPG
ANA
  1. Beaulieu, Nathan
Additional Details:
Waive/Bury
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,827,146$145,122$850,000$672,854
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,640,000$3,640,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Svechnikov, Evgeny
$750,000$750,000
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 4, 2021 at 3:44 p.m.
Little’s gotta be on the LTIR for the team to be under cap
bunzy1034 liked this.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Quoting: CJets
Little’s gotta be on the LTIR for the team to be under cap

Forgot about him my bad!
Oct. 4, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Logan Stanley really the extra d-man? I thought he was good?
Oct. 4, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: The_Rocket
Logan Stanley really the extra d-man? I thought he was good?

He's not the extra d. He'll be on the bottom pair with DeMelo. Heinola really hasn't looked like there's no way we could send him down to the Moose in the exhibition games. Cole Perfetti has made a stronger case to crack the roster IMO.

Heinola will be waived instead of Beaulieu and Beau will be our 7th d.

Unfortunately this likely is the way it shakes out up front, but I really wanted Gus to make the team.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
From my view Heinola shouldn't make the big club and it pains me to say that cause he's making me eat crow!.. Lol
I was certain Heinola was ready for a top four job this year if he wasn't already a top 4 dman last year or even in his first year but if I was making lineup decisions based just off of the pre-season games there's no question in my mind he'd be going to the AHL and honestly it's not even close for me, he's mostly struggled, is seemingly always chasing his man and has difficulty winning a puck battle, many of the other D prospects that are a tier below Heinola like Kovacevic for example have had much stronger showings in these pre-season games. I'm sure he'll dominate the AHL but it's the best place for him, I'd rather have Stanley in the lineup and Beaulieu as the #7 dman.

I realize that it was just a pre-season game without a deep NHL lineup but that game last night against Vancouver was a typical Jets game, forwards can't generate offense, they get hemmed in their own zone constantly and their goals were the result of luck, it's frustrating and boring to watch.

It's Maurice hockey though unfortunately and he still can't build a line to save his life, this coaching staff really needs to be flushed and replaced cause the style of play they want and the systems they run won't work.

On a positive note Svechnikov and Vesalainen have looked good, Toninato is a solid 4th liner and the AHL guys like Esselmont and Poganski have played well so the Moose should be competitive this year.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
From my view Heinola shouldn't make the big club and it pains me to say that cause he's making me eat crow!.. Lol
I was certain Heinola was ready for a top four job this year if he wasn't already a top 4 dman last year or even in his first year but if I was making lineup decisions based just off of the pre-season games there's no question in my mind he'd be going to the AHL and honestly it's not even close for me, he's mostly struggled, is seemingly always chasing his man and has difficulty winning a puck battle, many of the other D prospects that are a tier below Heinola like Kovacevic for example have had much stronger showings in these pre-season games. I'm sure he'll dominate the AHL but it's the best place for him, I'd rather have Stanley in the lineup and Beaulieu as the #7 dman.

I realize that it was just a pre-season game without a deep NHL lineup but that game last night against Vancouver was a typical Jets game, forwards can't generate offense, they get hemmed in their own zone constantly and their goals were the result of luck, it's frustrating and boring to watch.

It's Maurice hockey though unfortunately and he still can't build a line to save his life, this coaching staff really needs to be flushed and replaced cause the style of play they want and the systems they run won't work.

On a positive note Svechnikov and Vesalainen have looked good, Toninato is a solid 4th liner and the AHL guys like Esselmont and Poganski have played well so the Moose should be competitive this year.

Always a good take, I’m actually pretty optimistic of this squad doing some solid things, contract length on Dillon and Schmidt going forward are going to be a issue, paying dividends this year, but I think there’s definitely some solid talent coming fast, but need full time moose time til after Olympics. If there’s no conference finals, there should be a full coaching change. I would love to see Gus between svech and harkins, but would probably be tied to the bench with that idiot Maurice and his love of vets. Lowry/copp/nash probably be solid enough on the checking front, vaselainen will have to attempt to scoop a vet for ice, will be interesting to see how healthy and what legs stasny and Wheeler going to have in a condensed Olympic year. I’m praying there’s a waiver tender that the jets can afford, are they serious with Comrie experiment?
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 3:01 a.m.
Cold spaghetti

I mean looking at the lineups I can't say I am surprised the Jets got outplayed. the first 3 games the Jets have actually quite heavily out played the opposition and there is notable changes to the system trying to get more shots from the slot compared to spamming low danger shots from the point. As for Heinola, I think people are overblowing a small few errors he made like when he stumbled and the Ottawa guy scored that nice goal in the first game. I actually thought Heinola was dominant offensively in that 2nd Edmonton game. Could definitely be doing things a little better defensively for sure. I have Stanley and Heinola rotating right now because its not exactly like Stanley has been lights out in my opinion.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 8:00 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: bunzy1034
I mean looking at the lineups I can't say I am surprised the Jets got outplayed. the first 3 games the Jets have actually quite heavily out played the opposition and there is notable changes to the system trying to get more shots from the slot compared to spamming low danger shots from the point. As for Heinola, I think people are overblowing a small few errors he made like when he stumbled and the Ottawa guy scored that nice goal in the first game. I actually thought Heinola was dominant offensively in that 2nd Edmonton game. Could definitely be doing things a little better defensively for sure. I have Stanley and Heinola rotating right now because its not exactly like Stanley has been lights out in my opinion.

No doubt the lineups makes a difference for both teams but it's the NHL regulars getting hemmed in too so can't blame it solely on the personnel.

I haven't noticed any system changes, looks like the same old Maurice hockey to me, we'll see, maybe things will look different to me once they're going full on with the same lineup every game.

I'm not basing my opinion of Heinola's pre-season on that one play, he's just looked off and really struggling to defend, did think his second game was his best game, Stanley has looked better in the pre-season so far imo, not a personal preference of one over the other just Stanley has played better from my view.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 8:36 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Birtle34
Always a good take, I’m actually pretty optimistic of this squad doing some solid things, contract length on Dillon and Schmidt going forward are going to be a issue, paying dividends this year, but I think there’s definitely some solid talent coming fast, but need full time moose time til after Olympics. If there’s no conference finals, there should be a full coaching change. I would love to see Gus between svech and harkins, but would probably be tied to the bench with that idiot Maurice and his love of vets. Lowry/copp/nash probably be solid enough on the checking front, vaselainen will have to attempt to scoop a vet for ice, will be interesting to see how healthy and what legs stasny and Wheeler going to have in a condensed Olympic year. I’m praying there’s a waiver tender that the jets can afford, are they serious with Comrie experiment?

Things I'm wondering about for this season and the impact they may or may not have:

-Will there be a big decline in Wheeler and/or Stastny's play/production AND if they're not producing will Maurice lower them down in the lineup and try some other guys like Vesa, Hark, Svech higher up in the lineup to see what they can do?

-Will Copp and Lowry repeat and build upon the offensive breakout seasons they had or will they go back to their averages? If they can repeat what they did last season that'd be absolutely HUGE for the Jets!

-Will Maurice adjust the systems both offensively and defensively or will it be the same as it was.

They do seem to be serious with the Comrie experiment, I'm in the minority but I'm okay with them giving Comrie a chance.
As for grabbing a better backup I'm just not too sure who's available, Hutch is on waivers, would he be better? Would guys like C.Hutton, Dell, Anderson be any better? The only guys I can think of that'd likely be better then Comrie and could likely be acquired for not too much are Rittich or Greiss, both are UFA's and I doubt either Nashville or Detroit are making the playoffs, Greiss's cap hit is $3M and Rittich's is $1.5M so could be manageable but would take some retention or them to take some salary back.
Anyway outside of those two I'm not sure who could be acquired that would really be a clear upgrade, will be interesting to see how it goes with Comrie and if they decide to upgrade on him.
Birtle34 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 1:02 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Things I'm wondering about for this season and the impact they may or may not have:

-Will there be a big decline in Wheeler and/or Stastny's play/production AND if they're not producing will Maurice lower them down in the lineup and try some other guys like Vesa, Hark, Svech higher up in the lineup to see what they can do?

-Will Copp and Lowry repeat and build upon the offensive breakout seasons they had or will they go back to their averages? If they can repeat what they did last season that'd be absolutely HUGE for the Jets!

-Will Maurice adjust the systems both offensively and defensively or will it be the same as it was.

They do seem to be serious with the Comrie experiment, I'm in the minority but I'm okay with them giving Comrie a chance.
As for grabbing a better backup I'm just not too sure who's available, Hutch is on waivers, would he be better? Would guys like C.Hutton, Dell, Anderson be any better? The only guys I can think of that'd likely be better then Comrie and could likely be acquired for not too much are Rittich or Greiss, both are UFA's and I doubt either Nashville or Detroit are making the playoffs, Greiss's cap hit is $3M and Rittich's is $1.5M so could be manageable but would take some retention or them to take some salary back.
Anyway outside of those two I'm not sure who could be acquired that would really be a clear upgrade, will be interesting to see how it goes with Comrie and if they decide to upgrade on him.

I guess you need to give Comrie a chance to turn him into a greis type that can actually start a few in a row and not have a large drop off, I’m not completely sold on helly being ultimate elite, with a condensed season and a trip to China, was hoping the Jets would find the dough for a guaranteed 25 to 30 game backup and push helly. I would bet by playoffs that there’s going to be a 1a 1b, and a 3a and 3b. With Gus between stastny and Wheeler and harkins with Lowry and svech. Pp time for Wheeler and stastny but not a established in top 6. If Maurice can adjust also to a youth movement and roll 4 lines and play the hot hand, no matter the salary or tenure. I’m really excited about harkins and svech. Svech could turn into a gift from detroit
MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll