SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Strangest assignment you've ever had in school

Oct. 5, 2021 at 10:23 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Last week I was assigned to write my own Obituary for an English class, and thinking about it today made me wonder what other strange assignments people have gotten over the years
Oct. 7, 2021 at 11:16 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
That’s scary. In 7th grade the first year I had to do virtual school, but that was towards the end of the school year. On the thrid week of school we were going to have a test in social studies. But she said it was a ball test. Nobody knew what that meant. People’s minds went a little to far. But all it was, was her throwing a beach ball around the room and who ever caught the ball they had to answer a question the teacher asked about the topic we were learning.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Quoting: capsfan2121
That’s scary. In 7th grade the first year I had to do virtual school, but that was towards the end of the school year. On the thrid week of school we were going to have a test in social studies. But she said it was a ball test. Nobody knew what that meant. People’s minds went a little to far. But all it was, was her throwing a beach ball around the room and who ever caught the ball they had to answer a question the teacher asked about the topic we were learning.

In medical school they call that a prostate exam laugh
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 1:32 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
I had to write a letter to Krampus in German AP begging him not to take me away.
capsfan2121, oilersguy, Sharkie69 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 2:25 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
I had to write a letter to Krampus in German AP begging him not to take me away.

Man, you've just given me a great idea to give to my german teacher for her AP kids. tears of joy
Dec. 17, 2021 at 9:01 p.m.
cautious optimism
>A “breakup letter” sent by the United States to Britain (Revolutionary War unit)

>”Baseball cards” (really just slabs of paper) on the political thinkers of pre-revolution America

Both in the same US history class. They were such odd fits, but I got a good grade on both and that’s all that matters
Mar. 25, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
In grade 12, a limited number of students could go a three day "wilderness" expedition. You would be dropped off separately on an island, and had to fend for yourself.
A sleeping bag, a couple of fish hooks, fishing rod and food one day. You were expected to forage for berries or catch fish or whatever. Six matches were provided so you had to know how to start and keep a fire going, for warmth and cooking. It was not enjoyable.
But no way such assignments would be allowed today, for safety and litigation reasons.
NoVaSpartan, TheFastAndTheFleuryous, Manson and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:09 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Thelitis
Sounds cool and scary at the same time, but I would try it

Hey what didn't why try when we were 18 years of age? This was in 1972.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Last week I was assigned to write my own Obituary for an English class, and thinking about it today made me wonder what other strange assignments people have gotten over the years

I had to observe a random group of people out in public for my Challenge and Change in Society class. Had to do a writeup on what they did over the course of a few days. Needless to say I just made up random stuff
NoVaSpartan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll