Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$60,685,083$0$4,507,500$20,814,917
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$2,800,000$2,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.
Brady's value is getting inflated on this site -- and he's inflating his own value through his contract demands.

I'd much rather have Buch + Thomas + 2nd over Brady.
A_K and TheEarthmaster liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
I think your are not far off on something that could work, but the price your paying is too low for Brady.
While Buschenvish would be interesting for Stuztle to play with, the problem is he is still left-handed, The Sens's biggest need is high-end young Right Handed Players, either RW or C. If we are gonna have someone playing off wing then I'd rather have Brady play with Stutzle on the off wing.
It would have to be Kyrou coming not Buchnevish.

Thomas hits the mark well, a right shot can play Center and RW is a good young player.
As well, make that pick a 1st and you are getting somewhere that would have to be entertained by both teams.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.
Only deal with the Blues would be Thomas + Kyrou IMO

The value would definitely be here in this proposal, probably even too much from St. Louis

Quoting: villenash
Brady's value is getting inflated on this site -- and he's inflating his own value through his contract demands.

The value of an asset/product is determined by supply and demand. Tkachuk would have a much higher value than his "stats" because real GMs would kill to have him. That's how value works.
jet11567, NDoody and sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.

20-25 goals, 40-50 points every season (if you calculate last season to a full 82) has been 2nd in the whole league in hits two years in a row, lead the league in fights last year, is growing with size to get stronger every year and even thou he gets a bad rap, the guys love him in the room and they play better with him.
Don't think that is much over hyped.
Svechnikov, Andrei got 7.75 with almost the exact same Offensive numbers and doesn't have the physical play or D Brady does.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.
He clearly wants to be around family.
And who can blame the guy...don't we all want to be close to family?

IF ONLY...

he had family, say a cool uncle, who happened to be a GM of a rising team with tons of cap space.
And where his best friend's little brother would be a linemate.

Imagine that...
villenash liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: NDoody
Thomas hits the mark well, a right shot can play Center and RW is a good young player.

Also frees up top-bunk at Tkachuk household
Oct. 5, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
20-25 goals, 40-50 points every season (if you calculate last season to a full 82) has been 2nd in the whole league in hits two years in a row, lead the league in fights last year, is growing with size to get stronger every year and even thou he gets a bad rap, the guys love him in the room and they play better with him.
Svechnikov, Andrei got 7.75 with almost the exact same Offensive numbers and doesn't have the physical play or D Brady does.

brady seems to grade out to me as a landeskog/lee type player, without landy’s defensive skill or lee’s goal scoring touch, but similar intangibles and play style. both of those guys are making 7m on long-term, all-UFA deals. tbh, he should max out at 7. buchnevich alone is better and more valuable. he plays better defense, and scores more.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
The value of an asset/product is determined by supply and demand. Tkachuk would have a much higher value than his "stats" because real GMs would kill to have him. That's how value works.

Thanks for the Economics 101 lesson lol

Also like stats being in quotes for some reason

But to your point, I never said how I was evaluating him -- he's a really solid player in this league and I agree that any team would take him if they could, but that doesn't mean they'll pay any price. This particular price just seems a little too rich for me.

And just because a "real" GM makes a move doesn't automatically make it a good one.

No one is saying Tkachuk isn't a good player in this league. But his value on this site is all over the place.

And now that you say that, if he's getting close to 250 hits in only 56 games (absolutely insane honestly, just wild) and leading the league in fights, you gotta wonder how long he's gonna be an effective player in the league -- that type of hockey will catch up to you fast. Hopefully he has a long and successful career.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
mokumboi
You guys are funny. Hard pass.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
brady seems to grade out to me as a landeskog/lee type player, without landy’s defensive skill or lee’s goal scoring touch, but similar intangibles and play style. both of those guys are making 7m on long-term, all-UFA deals. tbh, he should max out at 7. buchnevich alone is better and more valuable. he plays better defense, and scores more.

Those contracts are Outdated, times change as do the prices on young RFA's, look at the numbers between Svechnikov and Brady, almost mirror each other and the same age, that is the main comparable right now.

Buchnevich is well into UFA years, doesn't have the physical play and I would say your stretching it on better D, he can;t be used as a comparable contract-wise.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
Those contracts are Outdated, times change as do the prices on young RFA's, look at the numbers between Svechnikov and Brady, almost mirror each other and the same age, that is the main comparable right now.

Buchnevich is well into UFA years, doesn't have the physical play and I would say your stretching it on better D, he can;t be used as a comparable contract-wise.

How is Landeskog's deal outdated? He just signed it...

RFA contracts definitely look a bit different ever since Matthews, but you can't say a contract is outdated when it was just signed.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:12 p.m.
How is Landeskog's deal outdated? He just signed it...

RFA contracts definitely look a bit different ever since Matthews, but you can't say a contract is outdated when it was just signed.

Age of Player, Again you can't really compare Landy's deal with Brady's, Landy is a much better player right now, unfortunately, look at other RFA contracts in the last 2 years, there is a high price paid for RFA years. I don't think it is right but that is just the market value right now.

Brady and his family and agents know this and as you mentioned with Brady trying to grow into a bigger player that still gets over 200 hits a year and 25 goals a year, he is trying to secure the most he can now who knows what his value will be in 8 years, can;t blame him for that.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: NHLfan10506
He clearly wants to be around family.
And who can blame the guy...don't we all want to be close to family?

IF ONLY...

he had family, say a cool uncle, who happened to be a GM of a rising team with tons of cap space.
And where his best friend's little brother would be a linemate.

Imagine that...

I actually like the Devils and wouldn’t mind Brady playing with Hughes, I actually think it’s a great fit. They have the money and want to compete. And have some pieces that Ottawa would be interested in
jet11567 and villenash liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
Age of Player, Again you can't really compare Landy's deal with Brady's, Landy is a much better player right now, unfortunately, look at other RFA contracts in the last 2 years, there is a high price paid for RFA years. I don't think it is right but that is just the market value right now.

Brady and his family and agents know this and as you mentioned with Brady trying to grow into a bigger player that still gets over 200 hits a year and 25 goals a year, he is trying to secure the most he can now who knows what his value will be in 8 years, can;t blame him for that.

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree -- I suppose "outdated" just wasn't the right word to choose as it has a different connotation than what you're saying here.

Definitely different ages, contract types, years, etc. -- I agree. But if he did turn down $8m x 8, I don't see how anyone is going to offer more than that. If he wants security, why would he not accept that deal?
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:18 p.m.
KFTW
Thanks for the Economics 101 lesson lol

Also like stats being in quotes for some reason

But to your point, I never said how I was evaluating him -- he's a really solid player in this league and I agree that any team would take him if they could, but that doesn't mean they'll pay any price. This particular price just seems a little too rich for me.

And just because a "real" GM makes a move doesn't automatically make it a good one.

No one is saying Tkachuk isn't a good player in this league. But his value on this site is all over the place.

And now that you say that, if he's getting close to 250 hits in only 56 games (absolutely insane honestly, just wild) and leading the league in fights, you gotta wonder how long he's gonna be an effective player in the league -- that type of hockey will catch up to you fast. Hopefully he has a long and successful career.

If the return doesn’t start with someone like Holtz, Turcotte, McMichael, then I’m not interested
villenash and NDoody liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:21 p.m.
I understand what you're saying and don't disagree -- I suppose "outdated" just wasn't the right word to choose as it has a different connotation than what you're saying here.

Definitely different ages, contract types, years, etc. -- I agree. But if he did turn down $8m x 8, I don't see how anyone is going to offer more than that. If he wants security, why would he not accept that deal?

While reports are all over the place, I kinda agree with the story I have been hearing which is he would have done something around 8x8 already, the thing is he wants the structure to be mostly signing bonus for tax and escrow reasons, which Melychuk will pay for, and he wanted a lot of No move clause. Look down Ottawa's lineup, no one gets signing bonuses. So then they asked for more $$$.

Remember he is paying 20% of his salary to escrow, 5% agents fees, and then probably 50% in taxes. Thats why Toronto had to do stuip contracts to get their top 4, signed, the same province.
villenash and Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
KFTW
While reports are all over the place, I kinda agree with the story I have been hearing which is he would have done something around 8x8 already, the thing is he wants the structure to be mostly signing bonus for tax and escrow reasons, which Melychuk will pay for, and he wanted a lot of No move clause. Look down Ottawa's lineup, no one gets signing bonuses. So then they asked for more $$$.

Remember he is paying 20% of his salary to escrow, 5% agents fees, and then probably 50% in taxes. Thats why Toronto had to do stuip contracts to get their top 4, signed, the same province.

Why don’t they do 6 years at 7.5 ?
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: csick
If the return doesn’t start with someone like Holtz, Turcotte, McMichael, then I’m not interested

The Devil's idea is a great one. I would trade Brady in a second if the Deal includes Holtz, he is a pure RW sniper, shot like Ovi.

Stuzle - Pinto - Holtz, would be a top 5 line in the league for years. As Well Chabot - Holtz on PP would be dynamite.
csick liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.
I think your are not far off on something that could work, but the price your paying is too low for Brady.
While Buschenvish would be interesting for Stuztle to play with, the problem is he is still left-handed, The Sens's biggest need is high-end young Right Handed Players, either RW or C. If we are gonna have someone playing off wing then I'd rather have Brady play with Stutzle on the off wing.
It would have to be Kyrou coming not Buchnevish.

As well, make that pick a 1st and you are getting somewhere that would have to be entertained by both teams.

No smoking crack in the comments please.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.
KFTW
The Devil's idea is a great one. I would trade Brady in a second if the Deal includes Holtz, he is a pure RW sniper, shot like Ovi.

Stuzle - Pinto - Holtz, would be a top 5 line in the league for years. As Well Chabot - Holtz on PP would be dynamite.

Exactly and with Holtz , you can keep him in the AHL this year and go for a top 5 pick and then bring up everyone next year.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:27 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: BluesBandit
No smoking crack in the comments please.

I love Thomas but I need to see more of him first before trading a guy like Brady for him. He’s had a couple of injuries now. I love Kyrou but he’s also a bit older than Brady and had more development. Kyrou + Bolduc and a 2nd would be a great return. But Probably would need to balance the cap
NDoody liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:28 p.m.
Why don’t they do 6 years at 7.5 ?

Idk if 2 years brings down the AAV that much and doesn't answer the signing bonus question, but yes I agree. I at one point hear 4 years at 5 and thought that would still work well.
csick liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Exactly and with Holtz , you can keep him in the AHL this year and go for a top 5 pick and then bring up everyone next year.

I had read online that dEvils want him up this year, and he probably could. I am already kinda at the point already with Belleville that there are too many prospects that there aren't enough minutes to go around to get them all to develop to full potential this year. Add to that Greig has to do another year of WHL, when he clearly should in AHL.
csick liked this.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.

brady is at best middling defensive player, and certainly not better than buchnevich. buch is a terrific penalty killer and very good defensively 5v5. it’s not even close. i’m not saying the contracts are comparable, i’m saying i’d rather have buchnevich on my team.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Xspyrit
Only deal with the Blues would be Thomas + Kyrou IMO

The value would definitely be here in this proposal, probably even too much from St. Louis

I think the Blues would rather give us a package with Tarasenko as the centrepiece as opposed to Kyrou + Thomas.

Obviously, having Kyrou + Thomas would be better for Ottawa.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll