SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2021-22 Lightning Season Discussion

Feb. 4, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops

I imagine we'd be guaranteed guaranteed a spot for the Czechia game if we still have Palat and/or Rutta.

Probably need at least 2. It's not like there's only a couple of Czechia players in the NHL. Throw Sustr onto the roster for that week as well and we'd have 3
Feb. 4, 2022 at 7:20 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: imawesome
Probably need at least 2. It's not like there's only a couple of Czechia players in the NHL. Throw Sustr onto the roster for that week as well and we'd have 3

I was mainly going for if we only still had Palat since outside of Pally I don't think there's any Czech player more notable besides Pasta and maybe Voracek and Hertl.

Boston (Pasta/Nosek) vs. Tampa (Palat/Rutta/Sustr) would be fun.

Maybe Kreci would even join Boston for the game on a PTO.
imawesome liked this.
Feb. 4, 2022 at 7:26 p.m.
I want Gourde back
I was mainly going for if we only still had Palat since outside of Pally I don't think there's any Czech player more notable besides Pasta and maybe Voracek and Hertl.

Necas maybe

Palat probably still more known than him
Feb. 4, 2022 at 7:27 p.m.
I want Gourde back

Boston could've had Vladar also
CoopsTroops liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 4:25 p.m.
Farewell
Pat Maroon extended for 2 years, $1 million AAV. #FineWineLine
imawesome liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 6:38 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Pat Maroon extended for 2 years, $1 million AAV. #FineWineLine

SchoolBus line is a better name
Feb. 11, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
Farewell
Not a bad game by any means, just a rough 1st 10 min that ultimately was too much to come back from. Offense picked it up halfway through the 2nd and fired away on Kuemper, but he was terrific, especially in the final 3 and a half minutes when Vasi was pulled. Defense was not so great early on, but tightened it up late, and Vasi was outstanding, he was the only reason the Lightning were still in the game in the dying minutes. Overall, not bad, but need to work on getting off to a better start.
Feb. 11, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Not a bad game by any means, just a rough 1st 10 min that ultimately was too much to come back from. Offense picked it up halfway through the 2nd and fired away on Kuemper, but he was terrific, especially in the final 3 and a half minutes when Vasi was pulled. Defense was not so great early on, but tightened it up late, and Vasi was outstanding, he was the only reason the Lightning were still in the game in the dying minutes. Overall, not bad, but need to work on getting off to a better start.

Crazy how different the d is with Cernak out the lineup. It's worse that missing Kuch, Stammer or any other forward the effect it has on everything else.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
Farewell
That didn't need to be so close. Lightning dominated offensively for much of the game, but seemed to give too much leeway defensively in the 3rd-that being said, Elliott wasn't bad, he really only gave up one bad goal (Keller's). Offensively they did quite well, 3 beautiful wristers from Stammer and Point plus Perry's behind-the-net tough angle backhander (and what a beautiful between-the-legs redirection assist by Joseph on Stammer's 2nd). Overall, not a bad game, but Cernak's absence was glaring. Hopefully he's back soon.
Rangsey liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:20 p.m.
Farewell
Rough start, terrific finish. Just looked out of sync early on and were getting plain outplayed by the Devils, but woke up after Stammer's beautiful, perfectly placed wrister made it 3-2, and rolled from there on in. Defense was pretty good, had a couple of rough own-zone turnovers in the beginning (Cernak, Hedman, Foote) but were terrific after the Hughes goal. Vasi was quietly solid, none of the 3 goals were particularly his fault, they came off of bad turnovers. Overall, terrific finish, but they've got to get off to better starts. Only 2 games left in February: Next Wednesday hosting the Oilers, and then the outdoor game (YES) at the Preds.
Feb. 19, 2022 at 6:58 p.m.
Farewell
Well, that didn't last long smile

Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
Well, that didn't last long smile

Now Smith and ABB have something to talk about in the minors.
Feb. 25, 2022 at 3:47 p.m.
Farewell
It's been VERY quiet on this thread lately...that being said, solid win on Wednesday night, good offensive production and several key stops by Vasi, but the D needs to shore up, gave Edmonton WAY too-many high-quality scoring chances (even shorthanded the Oilers got some good SOG), and you can't expect McDavid and Draisaitl not to capitalize on those. Hopefully they come out strong tomorrow night under the bright lights of Nashville for the first outdoor game in Lightning history! SO PUMPED...
Feb. 25, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
It's been VERY quiet on this thread lately...that being said, solid win on Wednesday night, good offensive production and several key stops by Vasi, but the D needs to shore up, gave Edmonton WAY too-many high-quality scoring chances (even shorthanded the Oilers got some good SOG), and you can't expect McDavid and Draisaitl not to capitalize on those. Hopefully they come out strong tomorrow night under the bright lights of Nashville for the first outdoor game in Lightning history! SO PUMPED...

Yeah. Tbh I'm kinda just waiting for the playoffs to start. We're probably not going to be too active deadline wise. Team is performing pretty well. I'm a little worries about the effectiveness of the Colton line.

Is it playoffs yet? We gonna run into the Leafs first round? I hope so. :-P
Feb. 26, 2022 at 7:48 p.m.
Farewell
On this day in 2018, the Lightning traded Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, a 2018 first rounder and a 2019 2nd rounder for JT Miller (who was later traded to VAN for two picks, including the first rounder that was traded to the Devils for Blake Coleman) and Ryan McDonagh.
Rangsey liked this.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 7:49 p.m.
Farewell
Lightning@Preds, outdoors, packed house, under the bright lights of Nashville, first outdoor game in Lightning history-LET'S DO IT
Feb. 26, 2022 at 10:14 p.m.
Farewell

Not again... frown
Feb. 26, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
Farewell
4 PPG'S tonight! Wow. And the only even-strength goal-Stammer's-looking mighty important now with the Lightning up 3-2, 7 minutes to go.
Feb. 26, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
Farewell
YES! Lightning beat the Preds 3-2 in a terrific, hard-fought game. Vasi and Saros were both brilliant.
Feb. 27, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Joseph has to lead the league in failed breakaway attempts. If he learns how to score him he'll be a real weapon
Feb. 27, 2022 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: imawesome
Joseph has to lead the league in failed breakaway attempts. If he learns how to score him he'll be a real weapon

It reminds me of the first mighty ducks movie. Bombay is stoked at the breakways but the rest of the ducks are all "It's Spazway, he'll screw it up"
imawesome liked this.
Feb. 27, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
Random thought.. find it very interesting that Kuch is one of the best players in the league (would be right up there with Mcdavid and Mathews if he didn't get hurt) and everyone knows it yet no one ever talks about him.. especially on here. Guy is leading the league in PPG. Luckily for us we get experience the greatness.
Feb. 27, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
Quoting: Sklikly
Random thought.. find it very interesting that Kuch is one of the best players in the league (would be right up there with Mcdavid and Mathews if he didn't get hurt) and everyone knows it yet no one ever talks about him.. especially on here. Guy is leading the league in PPG. Luckily for us we get experience the greatness.

Yep. He's been hurt so he's not at the top of the Art Ross conversation. And he missed all last year too.

Plus he's Russian. Apparently it's a rule that the best player has to be from North America.
Sklikly liked this.
Feb. 27, 2022 at 7:46 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Yep. He's been hurt so he's not at the top of the Art Ross conversation. And he missed all last year too.

Plus he's Russian. Apparently it's a rule that the best player has to be from North America.

Completely agree, also does help that he's not very flashy, you almost don't notice him on the ice. Has impeccable vision and then at the end of the game he has 3-4 points.

This is so true as Igor Shestyorkin is literally having a Carey Price 2014-2015 year but better and yet I hear little praise for him as if you look at underlying stats he's carrying that team to where they are.
Feb. 27, 2022 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: Sklikly
Completely agree, also does help that he's not very flashy, you almost don't notice him on the ice. Has impeccable vision and then at the end of the game he has 3-4 points.

This is so true as Igor Shestyorkin is literally having a Carey Price 2014-2015 year but better and yet I hear little praise for him as if you look at underlying stats he's carrying that team to where they are.

I've seen a ton of Igor for Hart conversations. But he's gotta be good for awhile before he enters best player in the world conversation

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll