SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2021-22 Lightning Season Discussion

Oct. 27, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
Farewell
Last night was by far the most complete win of the season. The new lines looked great, Vasi was his usual excellent self, and the defense and PK were very good as well. Hope that continues.
BrianLeeHOF, imawesome, CoopsTroops and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Last night was by far the most complete win of the season. The new lines looked great, Vasi was his usual excellent self, and the defense and PK were very good as well. Hope that continues.

Only problem is that Joseph was basically the 2C (even though Stamkos took draws). Not sure how long that is gonna work
Oct. 27, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: imawesome
Only problem is that Joseph was basically the 2C (even though Stamkos took draws). Not sure how long that is gonna work

I was not paying attention to that. Did Joseph slide into the middle after Stamkos took the draws?
Oct. 27, 2021 at 7:21 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I was not paying attention to that. Did Joseph slide into the middle after Stamkos took the draws?

That's what it looked like. Could be wrong, but I thought I saw him there at least a few times
CoopsTroops liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Looks like BB is playing again tonight with Katchouk scratched.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
Looks like BB is playing again tonight with Katchouk scratched.

You gonna be ok?
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
You gonna be ok?

No.

I actually am very sympathetic towards BB today though. The Athletic had a piece on him today. His wife is 7 months pregnant and the constant moving and unknown of being put on waivers has been stressful for them. Maybe a little playing time to soothe the unpleasantries of waivers?
Oct. 28, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
You gonna be ok?

No.

I'll tell you what. Getting BB a lot of playing time at LW early on might not be that bad. Brisebois is going to have to decide what he wants to do with trying to bring Palat back after the season. We're going to be right up against the cap if we manage to sign Palat, but signing Palat pretty much means there's no chance of bringing Killorn back with Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev due new deals, along with Killorn, after next season.

We know BB is more suited to a high-skill role, as opposed to a grinder role, but the 4LW is the only place he can get that NHL LW experience if he is indeed going to be lined up to replace Palat on the top line next season. I am still not going to be okay with Katchouk not getting playing time though Sticking Out Tongue
Oct. 28, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
I want Gourde back
I'll tell you what. Getting BB a lot of playing time at LW early on might not be that bad. Brisebois is going to have to decide what he wants to do with trying to bring Palat back after the season. We're going to be right up against the cap if we manage to sign Palat, but signing Palat pretty much means there's no chance of bringing Killorn back with Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev due new deals, along with Killorn, after next season.

We know BB is more suited to a high-skill role, as opposed to a grinder role, but the 4LW is the only place he can get that NHL LW experience if he is indeed going to be lined up to replace Palat on the top line next season. I am still not going to be okay with Katchouk not getting playing time though Sticking Out Tongue

Not that I have anything against maroon, but a non injury related something (where obviously want him to fine. like the scenario for the other night) for more than one game maybe would've been nice just so we could see allt he younger guys for more than one game. tbh if Perry wasn't on PP1 I'd say sit him for a few games, so we can see the younger guys play and maybe send him the message his spot isn't secured and that he should start scoring some of the opportunities he's getting
Oct. 28, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.

Remember when Drouin was playing with Boyle and Morrow? Reminds me of then. You know he shouldn't be there but he hasn't proven to be ready for anything else.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 7:18 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Not that I have anything against maroon, but a non injury related something (where obviously want him to fine. like the scenario for the other night) for more than one game maybe would've been nice just so we could see allt he younger guys for more than one game. tbh if Perry wasn't on PP1 I'd say sit him for a few games, so we can see the younger guys play and maybe send him the message his spot isn't secured and that he should start scoring some of the opportunities he's getting

I wouldn't mind scratching Perry every now and then. He spent some time on Montreal's taxi squad last year, so he knows the routine.
imawesome liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Killoooooooornnnnnnnnn!
Rangsey liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 8:36 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Nice little tip from BB.
Rangsey and imawesome liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 9:22 p.m.
What if they tried Sergy with Heddy on the top unit. And move Point back into the bumper spot.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
I know they probably never play in the same lineup but if we had Foote and Shoe on the ice at the same time, it'd be terrible, but also great.
CoopsTroops liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I know they probably never play in the same lineup but if we had Foote and Shoe on the ice at the same time, it'd be terrible, but also great.

Oh boy 😅

I'm going to miss Sustr when he eventually has to be waived back to Syracuse. Even though he used to be the punching bag for all of our problems, he has really come a long ways since.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 10:46 p.m.
Oh boy 😅

I'm going to miss Sustr when he eventually has to be waived back to Syracuse. Even though he used to be the punching bag for all of our problems, he has really come a long ways since.

Matt Carleitis for sure
Oct. 29, 2021 at 3:21 p.m.
Farewell
They've looked SO MUCH better the past 2 games. Granted, it was against the Penguins missing a bunch of players and the worst team in the league, but still, Vasi has been stellar, the offense is finally scoring, and the D has been solid. Hope that continues, big games this week, hosting the Caps and then going to Toronto.
CoopsTroops liked this.
Oct. 29, 2021 at 3:34 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
They've looked SO MUCH better the past 2 games. Granted, it was against the Penguins missing a bunch of players and the worst team in the league, but still, Vasi has been stellar, the offense is finally scoring, and the D has been solid. Hope that continues, big games this week, hosting the Caps and then going to Toronto.

It was the Pens team missing players that still thoroughly outclassed us in the opener though, so still improvement.

My biggest concern for now is getting the Bottom 6 to contribute. Maroon-Colton-Perry is like a 4th line being asked to be a 3rd line. Bellemare is kind of on daycare duty with the rookies, but they've been looking better lately. Expecting Killorn to be a point-per-game player over the long-term probably won't happen, so we'll need help from elsewhere in the lineup. Stamkos has really looked good too. Just have to hope he stays healthy.
Oct. 30, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

And the rest, as they say, was history.
Oct. 31, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Nice of Cooper to get everyone injured for Halloween.

Foote is back!
Nov. 1, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
Rutta 4ever

Somebody is injured...

Probably Katchouk if I had to guess.
Nov. 1, 2021 at 6:47 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Just realized that the game today is on NHL Network instead of ESPN+, so I can't watch it. Freaking stupid
Nov. 1, 2021 at 6:59 p.m.
Just realized that the game today is on NHL Network instead of ESPN+, so I can't watch it. Freaking stupid

Reddit? Am I allowed to say Reddit?
Nov. 1, 2021 at 7:01 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Reddit? Am I allowed to say Reddit?

Probably not

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll