C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Rangers 2023
I can actually see it, and I hate it
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan

Trying to temper expectations. If Lias can get a 2nd, we should be able to get slightly better for Kravtsov.

But it never looks good when you're dealing an unhappy asset.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
VGKNation702
I see it being McNabb first possibly.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: VGKNation702

That ship sailed when we signed Nemeth
Shakabakes liked this.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Shakabakes
Trying to temper expectations. If Lias can get a 2nd, we should be able to get slightly better for Kravtsov.

But it never looks good when you're dealing an unhappy asset.

But they're the ones that made him unhappy for no reason
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: VGKNation702

I like McNabb, but then Nemeth would have to be involved. They liked how he's mentored Lundkvist. Don't know if they would want to do that.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:17 p.m.
But they're the ones that made him unhappy for no reason

I don't like the pouting from Kravtsov, don't get me wrong. But it does feel like they are screwing with him a little.

He's looked decent. Basically threw Buchnevich out (although Blais has looked good) to make room for him.

Now he's demoted on Opening Night for more muscle against the Caps, and to protect Libor Hajek?

C'mon
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:25 p.m.
VGKNation702
Quoting: Shakabakes
I don't like the pouting from Kravtsov, don't get me wrong. But it does feel like they are screwing with him a little.

He's looked decent. Basically threw Buchnevich out (although Blais has looked good) to make room for him.

Now he's demoted on Opening Night for more muscle against the Caps, and to protect Libor Hajek?

C'mon

Welcome to the GG era
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Jimbo1119

Agreed...so VGN gets a talented youngster (albeit in need of an attitude adjustment), who is cost controlled, AND they move a player who they probably have to DUMP anyway (cap reasons and need a place for Tuch to play when he returns)....while the Rangers get a 30 YO who shows signs he's in decline- and who is UFA after this year....WINNER!!
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Agreed...so VGN gets a talented youngster (albeit in need of an attitude adjustment), who is cost controlled, AND they move a player who they probably have to DUMP anyway (cap reasons and need a place for Tuch to play when he returns)....while the Rangers get a 30 YO who shows signs he's in decline- and who is UFA after this year....WINNER!!

His attitude has been just fine, I wouldn't be a fan of being strung along for over a year either
Oct. 12, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
Jimbo1119
His attitude has been just fine, I wouldn't be a fan of being strung along for over a year either

Don't agree with you here...his attitude SUCKS. He's no longer the "hometown star", no longer the #9 pick, etc...that's all ancient history....what he is- is a young guy trying to make a team in the world's best hockey league. If things don't go your way and even if things seem unfair, there is one thing to do: MAN UP and go show NYR how wrong they were in cutting you.
Masonh618 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Don't agree with you here...his attitude SUCKS. He's no longer the "hometown star", no longer the #9 pick, etc...that's all ancient history....what he is- is a young guy trying to make a team in the world's best hockey league. If things don't go your way and even if things seem unfair, there is one thing to do: MAN UP and go show NYR how wrong they were in cutting you.

He already went to the AHL AND KHL, he came to the NHL last season and played with 4th liners and got no PP time and never said a word, then you traded Buch and told the whole world it was because of ice time/cap space for the young guys, then you hold him out of the prospects tournament (only reason would be you thought he was too good for it which he is) and now want him to play in the AHL for half the pay?
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
Jimbo1119
He already went to the AHL AND KHL, he came to the NHL last season and played with 4th liners and got no PP time and never said a word, then you traded Buch and told the whole world it was because of ice time/cap space for the young guys, then you hold him out of the prospects tournament (only reason would be you thought he was too good for it which he is) and now want him to play in the AHL for half the pay?

All valid points...and I am quick to get on the Rangers FO and Player Development on how some prospects are seemingly treated so unfairly (Buch, Lias, Krav to name a few) while others (Howden comes to mind) have a very long leash. That said- the reality is NO PROSPECT is owed anything in the world of pro sports...the one thing Krav can do is go out and prove them wrong...then once he makes it in this league it will be his turn to bend the organization over a barrel....and most players do just that- extract every last cent out of each contract negotiation until they retire. But he certainly wont put himself in a position where the team is eating out of the palm of his hand- if he lets the frustration get the better of him and just returns home.
Shakabakes liked this.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
Rangers 2023
All valid points...and I am quick to get on the Rangers FO and Player Development on how some prospects are seemingly treated so unfairly (Buch, Lias, Krav to name a few) while others (Howden comes to mind) have a very long leash. That said- the reality is NO PROSPECT is owed anything in the world of pro sports...the one thing Krav can do is go out and prove them wrong...then once he makes it in this league it will be his turn to bend the organization over a barrel....and most players do just that- extract every last cent out of each contract negotiation until they retire. But he certainly wont put himself in a position where the team is eating out of the palm of his hand- if he lets the frustration get the better of him and just returns home.

He has a European assignment clause in his ELC its literally his right to go to the KHL if he wants to
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
Jimbo1119
He has a European assignment clause in his ELC its literally his right to go to the KHL if he wants to

Of course that's what he'll do if he leaves...just not real smart thing to do even though he makes more in KHL than AHL. Irregardless of how things go, I believe the Rangers retain his NHL rights for years to come. So the best thing for him would be to deal with the demotion, do like Chytl did a few years back, and I'm sure he'll be back on the NYR pretty quickly- where he'll get a chance to earn his next NHL contract. At that point, if he wants to leave he'll have NHL options- unlike right now ...unless Rangers willing to dump him for little value. EDM didn't do that with JP...and I don't think NYR will do that with Krav.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:36 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Of course that's what he'll do if he leaves...just not real smart thing to do even though he makes more in KHL than AHL. Irregardless of how things go, I believe the Rangers retain his NHL rights for years to come. So the best thing for him would be to deal with the demotion, do like Chytl did a few years back, and I'm sure he'll be back on the NYR pretty quickly- where he'll get a chance to earn his next NHL contract. At that point, if he wants to leave he'll have NHL options- unlike right now ...unless Rangers willing to dump him for little value. EDM didn't do that with JP...and I don't think NYR will do that with Krav.

Either Krav goes away for good or he plays minutes and a role fit for his talent in the NHL, Drury has to understand that
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.
Jimbo1119
Either Krav goes away for good or he plays minutes and a role fit for his talent in the NHL, Drury has to understand that

True...but it starts with being a "good citizen"...as tough as that may be (and unfair as well). That will get him into the lineup- and im guessing sooner than later...then if things aren't going well (don't play coach's style, behind too many guys on depth chart, etc) he could look to move on- but at that point he'd be looking to move on from much firmer footing than he's on now. I saw one tweet which mentioned that for Krav it was 2RW or nothing....I mean- who knows what to believe...but any semblance of truth to that- would be piss poor
Oct. 12, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.
Rangers 2023
True...but it starts with being a "good citizen"...as tough as that may be (and unfair as well). That will get him into the lineup- and im guessing sooner than later...then if things aren't going well (don't play coach's style, behind too many guys on depth chart, etc) he could look to move on- but at that point he'd be looking to move on from much firmer footing than he's on now. I saw one tweet which mentioned that for Krav it was 2RW or nothing....I mean- who knows what to believe...but any semblance of truth to that- would be piss poor

He already went down twice and played a quarter of an NHL season with nobodies and hes still been engaged, at some point you be honest with the kid, he was just fine when on the 3rd line to start camp with Goodrow and Chytil
Oct. 12, 2021 at 10:36 p.m.
Jimbo1119
He already went down twice and played a quarter of an NHL season with nobodies and hes still been engaged, at some point you be honest with the kid, he was just fine when on the 3rd line to start camp with Goodrow and Chytil

His first time he went down kicking and screaming so hard that the end result of his tantrum was running himself out of Hartford and going home to play on a VHL team. His second trip through Hartford was last year- after seemingly getting his $hit straight he was able to play back in the KHL- and was productive. After that season he played a bit in Hartford before finishing up in NY. Obviously the pandemic had a lot to do with him committing to the KHL last year...but players coming up to NHL and going back down- sometimes several times- is not an unusual thing. As far as your claim that he was ok playing 3rd line- that's fine...only thing in the games I watched, both Blais and Gautier were more noticeable than him and I believe both beat out Krav for that spot. While I see Krav as having a higher ceiling than either of those guys- he still needs to earn the right to play: go back to Hartford, work on where you need to get better, and force your way back!
Oct. 12, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
Rangers 2023
His first time he went down kicking and screaming so hard that the end result of his tantrum was running himself out of Hartford and going home to play on a VHL team. His second trip through Hartford was last year- after seemingly getting his $hit straight he was able to play back in the KHL- and was productive. After that season he played a bit in Hartford before finishing up in NY. Obviously the pandemic had a lot to do with him committing to the KHL last year...but players coming up to NHL and going back down- sometimes several times- is not an unusual thing. As far as your claim that he was ok playing 3rd line- that's fine...only thing in the games I watched, both Blais and Gautier were more noticeable than him and I believe both beat out Krav for that spot. While I see Krav as having a higher ceiling than either of those guys- he still needs to earn the right to play: go back to Hartford, work on where you need to get better, and force your way back!

Hes done with the AHL, NHL or KHL the ball is in Drury's court
Oct. 12, 2021 at 11:16 p.m.
Jimbo1119
Hes done with the AHL, NHL or KHL the ball is in Drury's court

This is an easy one for Drury...giving in to a 21 yo who "decides he's done with the minor leagues" would insert a cancer into the locker room...if NYR can't get any value for him in a trade (doubt it) - let him banish himself to Siberia....then if he does grow up and wants to resurrect an NHL career, his rights will still belong to NYR.
Oct. 12, 2021 at 11:19 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Edited Oct. 12, 2021 at 11:24 p.m.
This is an easy one for Drury...giving in to a 21 yo who "decides he's done with the minor leagues" would insert a cancer into the locker room...if NYR can't get any value for him in a trade (doubt it) - let him banish himself to Siberia....then if he does grow up and wants to resurrect an NHL career, his rights will still belong to NYR.

He has a contractual right to go to the KHL and he'll actually get paid what hes worth there, if Drury is too proud to get his head out his ass then I'll be happy for Kravtsov, also Vitali isn't a cancer for wanting his respect,the rangers/Drury are making him out to be one, I'm sure Lias Andersson was a "cancer" and had "attitude problems" and "wasn't willing to earn his spot" for wanting better linemates than Brendan Smith and Micheal Haley when they actually cared to play him
Oct. 13, 2021 at 7:53 a.m.
Jimbo1119
He has a contractual right to go to the KHL and he'll actually get paid what hes worth there, if Drury is too proud to get his head out his ass then I'll be happy for Kravtsov, also Vitali isn't a cancer for wanting his respect,the rangers/Drury are making him out to be one, I'm sure Lias Andersson was a "cancer" and had "attitude problems" and "wasn't willing to earn his spot" for wanting better linemates than Brendan Smith and Micheal Haley when they actually cared to play him

You and I will continue to be at odds over this point...and that's fine- I do not disrespect your opinion. In the end neither of us has real insight into the exchanges between the player and the coaching staff, organization, other players, etc. That said- I found it real odd that he was not part of the team bonding trip. Injury? Really? without further info I guess we have to go with that. Finally, you seem to answer the big issue with your last response....he wants to be given the respect he feels is due to him. Respect is EARNED...not GIVEN.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll