LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the New York Rangers
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 4
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 13, 2021 at 8:33 a.m.
Leafs suck
Boston says no easily
Gofnut999 and Eli liked this.
Oct. 13, 2021 at 8:44 a.m.
Too much skill, need more toughness. Trade Panarin and Fox for heavyweights. We apparently need to be ready for war according to Drury aka Sather aka Dolan.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 13, 2021 at 8:47 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Slight.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 13, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: MauriceRichard1028
Too much skill, need more toughness. Trade Panarin and Fox for heavyweights. We apparently need to be ready for war according to Drury aka Sather aka Dolan.

I mean, they're obviously right. When I look at how Tom Wilson ruthlessly was attacked by Strome, Panarin, and Buchnevich after Vanecek had the nerve to probably suffer a season-ending injury after letting Strome tackle him.... I just don't think the Rangers can possibly do enough to be ready for whatever they do to the Capitals next.
Icedragon4405 liked this.
Oct. 13, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
Bruins fan
Lol no
Oct. 13, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Eli
I mean, they're obviously right. When I look at how Tom Wilson ruthlessly was attacked by Strome, Panarin, and Buchnevich after Vanecek had the nerve to probably suffer a season-ending injury after letting Strome tackle him.... I just don't think the Rangers can possibly do enough to be ready for whatever they do to the Capitals next.

ahhh yes wilson ruthlessly attacked. not like he cross checked buchnevich in the back of the neck while he was on his knees, totally couldn't have ended buchnevich's career, and oh so awful of panarin to stand up for his teammate because the whole league is tired of wilson and washingtons ****. whatever happens to wilson, hathaway, orlov they 100% deserve im honestly praying reaves takes the greatest cheap shot of all cheap shots on one of those players. Heres a little list of the players careers wilson tried to end. Brandon Carlo, Artemi Panarin, Connor sheary, Oskar sundqvist, zach ashton reese, brayden schenn, mikhail serchagev, brian campbell, nikita zadorov, i think i have listed enough now but as you can see wilson is by far the dirtiest player in the league and i can;t wait for the day someone gives him a piece of his own medicine guy doesn't deserve to be in the league he's just a cheap ****
Oct. 13, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Dekes
ahhh yes wilson ruthlessly attacked. not like he cross checked buchnevich in the back of the neck while he was on his knees, totally couldn't have ended buchnevich's career, and oh so awful of panarin to stand up for his teammate because the whole league is tired of wilson and washingtons ****. whatever happens to wilson, hathaway, orlov they 100% deserve im honestly praying reaves takes the greatest cheap shot of all cheap shots on one of those players. Heres a little list of the players careers wilson tried to end. Brandon Carlo, Artemi Panarin, Connor sheary, Oskar sundqvist, zach ashton reese, brayden schenn, mikhail serchagev, brian campbell, nikita zadorov, i think i have listed enough now but as you can see wilson is by far the dirtiest player in the league and i can;t wait for the day someone gives him a piece of his own medicine guy doesn't deserve to be in the league he's just a cheap ****

Some of those hits were dirty. I hated the one against Campbell. Nice guy, I thought. You should never hit a guy from behind into the glass, even if he isn't a nice guy, though. People get hurt that way. Zadorov gives out a lot of dirty hits, too, and is bigger and stronger than Wilson. But that did not make it right to hit him in the face. I thought the hits on Sundquist, Carlon, and Aston-Reese looked like Wilson lined up clean and at the last second the other guy moved. When you check 250 guys a year, accidents happen. With Carlo, the initial contact was actually shoulder to shoulder, and then Carlo's face just kind of falls towards Wilson's shoulder. But you watch those with the sound on and hockey announcers take sides and claim things are intentional when they know they have no way of knowing what someone else is thinking. They work for teams and it's their job to rally fan sympathy. That's not what this message board is for, and I'm sorry if my post was rude, but I think the Rangers' claiming they need to get tough because of one person ignores the reality that ice hockey is a contact sport and every team checks about ten to fifteen opponents per game, sometimes leading to injuries. Within last year's division the Caps were about middle of the pack in height, weight, or number of checks. They were one of the older teams, and one of the highest scoring. If anything, the Rangers needed to get tougher to play Boston or Florida, I thought.

Anyway, here's another side of the story of what Wilson's career in Washington looks like. A compilation of mostly cheap shots and illegal hits against Wilson, edited together by someone who apparently hates him as much as you claim to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir7nuurFGmA

I see illegal, dangerous hits on Wilson from Reeves, Malkin, Seth Jones*, Zach Reynaldo*, Brad Marchand, Ryan Reeves again, a little cross check to the neck from Mayfield, knockdown in a fight from Reeves who punches him in the head when his back is turned*, blatantly illegal hit from behind into the glass from Ian Cole*, even fight with Chara, cross check to the face from Reeves after the whistle*, Reeves with another hit from behind back in St Louis, shoulder straight to the face from Provorov*, hit from behind into the glass by Anthony Peluso*, shoulder to the face by Manning*, Nice guy Anton Stralman hammers Wilson head first into the glass from behind with a carefully lined up elbow to the head***, not a really good hit from behind by Reeves, Kunitz yanks him around by his helmet risking neck injury*, short fights with Stewart and McQuaid who each land one good hit, and that's just what one guy edited together on YouTube.

*if Tom Wilson did this to someone else, he would get suspended and we would never stop hearing about it.

So, yeah, I think if the Rangers believe Tom Wilson is the biggest meanest guy in hockey, they should trade some great young players for him and move on with their life. Calling for Reeves to break the rules and throw cheap shots is just embarrassing. Also, Wilson has twenty goal seasons. Reeves is mostly just in hockey to fight. I kind of hope Wilson avoids Reeves all season until the whole thing dies down.

I hope a hockey game breaks out and we get to see Kakko, Lafrieniere, McMichael, and Lapierre get some offense going.
Oct. 13, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Eli
Some of those hits were dirty. I hated the one against Campbell. Nice guy, I thought. You should never hit a guy from behind into the glass, even if he isn't a nice guy, though. People get hurt that way. Zadorov gives out a lot of dirty hits, too, and is bigger and stronger than Wilson. But that did not make it right to hit him in the face. I thought the hits on Sundquist, Carlon, and Aston-Reese looked like Wilson lined up clean and at the last second the other guy moved. When you check 250 guys a year, accidents happen. With Carlo, the initial contact was actually shoulder to shoulder, and then Carlo's face just kind of falls towards Wilson's shoulder. But you watch those with the sound on and hockey announcers take sides and claim things are intentional when they know they have no way of knowing what someone else is thinking. They work for teams and it's their job to rally fan sympathy. That's not what this message board is for, and I'm sorry if my post was rude, but I think the Rangers' claiming they need to get tough because of one person ignores the reality that ice hockey is a contact sport and every team checks about ten to fifteen opponents per game, sometimes leading to injuries. Within last year's division the Caps were about middle of the pack in height, weight, or number of checks. They were one of the older teams, and one of the highest scoring. If anything, the Rangers needed to get tougher to play Boston or Florida, I thought.

Anyway, here's another side of the story of what Wilson's career in Washington looks like. A compilation of mostly cheap shots and illegal hits against Wilson, edited together by someone who apparently hates him as much as you claim to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir7nuurFGmA

I see illegal, dangerous hits on Wilson from Reeves, Malkin, Seth Jones*, Zach Reynaldo*, Brad Marchand, Ryan Reeves again, a little cross check to the neck from Mayfield, knockdown in a fight from Reeves who punches him in the head when his back is turned*, blatantly illegal hit from behind into the glass from Ian Cole*, even fight with Chara, cross check to the face from Reeves after the whistle*, Reeves with another hit from behind back in St Louis, shoulder straight to the face from Provorov*, hit from behind into the glass by Anthony Peluso*, shoulder to the face by Manning*, Nice guy Anton Stralman hammers Wilson head first into the glass from behind with a carefully lined up elbow to the head***, not a really good hit from behind by Reeves, Kunitz yanks him around by his helmet risking neck injury*, short fights with Stewart and McQuaid who each land one good hit, and that's just what one guy edited together on YouTube.

*if Tom Wilson did this to someone else, he would get suspended and we would never stop hearing about it.

So, yeah, I think if the Rangers believe Tom Wilson is the biggest meanest guy in hockey, they should trade some great young players for him and move on with their life. Calling for Reeves to break the rules and throw cheap shots is just embarrassing. Also, Wilson has twenty goal seasons. Reeves is mostly just in hockey to fight. I kind of hope Wilson avoids Reeves all season until the whole thing dies down.

I hope a hockey game breaks out and we get to see Kakko, Lafrieniere, McMichael, and Lapierre get some offense going.

when is enough a enough though wilson is very known for hitting guys when they aren't looking into the boards, i don't care if carlo's hit was shoulder to shoulder or not it's the fact that carlo was facing the boards and wilson pummeled him into the boards, even though we have been taught since peewee never skate towards the boards with your back turned, at some point wilson has to think about the damage he will cause by hitting him into the boards when he is unprepared. You know what if was skating side by side with carlo and carlo won the puck battle and got a nice little shove from behind i wouldn't complain but it is the fact that he goes full board into them from behind. I hate to hope for injuries towards players but i honestly believe wilson deserves a piece of his own medicine, you hurt 5 players whatever, you hurt 10 players okay maybe start chilling out you hurt 15 you should start getting some long term suspensions and big fines wilson has took out i bet more then 30 players but yet all he recieves is a little 10 grand fine? **** that's nothing for him but guess what now guys like carlo have concussion problems and long term injuries that can't be fixed, the whole reason sports are getting soft is due to concussions and the toll they have on the human brain but when you have guys like wilson, orlov, zadorov, matt cooke, lucic, zack kassian, gudas it doesn't help to try to keep players safe. it is not washington i hate but that the coaches have no problem letting ovi, wilson, orlov, hathaway take those awful cheapshots it is so disrespectful. i can understand a big clean hit and the player gets hurt incidentally, hitting is apart of hockey but to a degree but i can't understand when players hit with the intent to hurt or injure a player and not gonna lie wilson has a high tendency of hitting to kill.

and to answer your statement about all those players taking their runs at wilson why do you think they do that? Wilson likes to target star players how do you think those 4th liners, grinders hell even just your bigger skilled guys like malkin who can match up shoulder to shoulder will respond? Why do you think rangers brought in nemeth, blais, reaves all these guys? it is not about getting back at wilson its about being able to defend their stars because now wilson knows he will have to answer to someones fist when he runs another player
Oct. 13, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Oct. 13, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: Dekes
when is enough a enough though wilson is very known for hitting guys when they aren't looking into the boards, i don't care if carlo's hit was shoulder to shoulder or not it's the fact that carlo was facing the boards and wilson pummeled him into the boards, even though we have been taught since peewee never skate towards the boards with your back turned, at some point wilson has to think about the damage he will cause by hitting him into the boards when he is unprepared. You know what if was skating side by side with carlo and carlo won the puck battle and got a nice little shove from behind i wouldn't complain but it is the fact that he goes full board into them from behind. I hate to hope for injuries towards players but i honestly believe wilson deserves a piece of his own medicine, you hurt 5 players whatever, you hurt 10 players okay maybe start chilling out you hurt 15 you should start getting some long term suspensions and big fines wilson has took out i bet more then 30 players but yet all he recieves is a little 10 grand fine? **** that's nothing for him but guess what now guys like carlo have concussion problems and long term injuries that can't be fixed, the whole reason sports are getting soft is due to concussions and the toll they have on the human brain but when you have guys like wilson, orlov, zadorov, matt cooke, lucic, zack kassian, gudas it doesn't help to try to keep players safe. it is not washington i hate but that the coaches have no problem letting ovi, wilson, orlov, hathaway take those awful cheapshots it is so disrespectful. i can understand a big clean hit and the player gets hurt incidentally, hitting is apart of hockey but to a degree but i can't understand when players hit with the intent to hurt or injure a player and not gonna lie wilson has a high tendency of hitting to kill.

and to answer your statement about all those players taking their runs at wilson why do you think they do that? Wilson likes to target star players how do you think those 4th liners, grinders hell even just your bigger skilled guys like malkin who can match up shoulder to shoulder will respond? Why do you think rangers brought in nemeth, blais, reaves all these guys? it is not about getting back at wilson its about being able to defend their stars because now wilson knows he will have to answer to someones fist when he runs another player

Nemeth is a tough guy? I benched him here because he doesn't hit. Wasn't aware. Cool.

Also, it's not enough to listen to the announcer. You have to actually watch the games. Carlo was standing still with his butt sitting on the boards, barely playing the puck, mostly watching Wilson skate at him, and freaking out. Wilson hit him shoulder to shoulder, facing him, but Carlo tried to duck. You can't duck a check. That gets your face in the way of someone's shoulder. Watch the hit and listen to the announcer to experience cognitive dissonance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlCHpPRAho

eta: you know what would have easily kept that Wilson hit on Carlo from causing a concussion, that they also teach in Pee-Wee? A full cage. A big old face mask would have kept the impact off of Carlo's face and jaw, and distributed some of it through the back of his helmet into the glass. Football has face masks. Doesn't seem to hurt sales. Hockey can have them too, if it wants.

The difference between Wilson and Reeves is that Wilson makes 250 clean hits a year and five more that hurt someone, and after each of them, he looks for the loose puck. Reeves makes 300 clean hits a year and ten more dirty ones, after which he dances for joy, waves his arms in the air, looks out at the crowd and takes a victory lap. There are tough guys that teams bring in to keep games from getting out of hand, and then there are tough guys that teams bring in to make sure that games get out of hand. Good luck cheering for the guy after you just perfectly explained what's wrong with cheap shots, and how they lead to a lot of unnecessary revenge fights and concussions all around.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll