Rod Brindamour appears to agree with me that TDA should not be on the top pair

Created by: sensonfire
Team: 2021-22 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 14, 2021
Published: Oct. 14, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
https://twitter.com/SaraCivian/status/1448659821159276555

Character is just as important as offensive production, if not more so.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,117,785$0$1,037,500$2,382,215

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$6,100,035$6,100,035
C
UFA - 1
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 14, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
I think everyone agrees with that. He’s a PP guy and then you need to hide him.. either with a good shutdown guy or on the bench
Oct. 14, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Banned
Slavin should play with Pesce and Bear with Skjei
@edit no Jarvis is a big disappointment
sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
1st line- speed
2nd line- muscle line
3rd line- puck possession in overdrive
4th- ehh its the 4th, whatever but we can score if we want.
sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: NYR1983
I think everyone agrees with that. He’s a PP guy and then you need to hide him.. either with a good shutdown guy or on the bench

Not everyone.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/520783

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/518582

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/518610
Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
Not everyone.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:06 p.m.
Lenny7
I mean, if character was just as important as offensive production, if not more so, then ADA wouldn't be in the NHL at all. I'm not going to sit here being all high and mighty, because ADA playing hockey doesn't affect me in the least, but if you're trying to say that he's playing on the 3rd pairing because it's sending a message regarding his character, you're kidding yourself. ADA is playing on the 3rd pair because that's where his skill set put him. He'll get PP time, and a bunch of O-zone starts, and will have Cole there to back him up. Bear and Pesce are just both better than him.
UpsideDownQue and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Lenny7
I mean, if character was just as important as offensive production, if not more so, then ADA wouldn't be in the NHL at all. I'm not going to sit here being all high and mighty, because ADA playing hockey doesn't affect me in the least, but if you're trying to say that he's playing on the 3rd pairing because it's sending a message regarding his character, you're kidding yourself. ADA is playing on the 3rd pair because that's where his skill set put him. He'll get PP time, and a bunch of O-zone starts, and will have Cole there to back him up. Bear and Pesce are just both better than him.

Too many people believe TDA should be entitled to a spot on the first pairing and think he should get priority over Bear and Pesce.

Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Lenny7
Too many people believe TDA should be entitled to a spot on the first pairing and think he should get priority over Bear and Pesce.

I have to say, regardless of where he plays in the lineup, I agree with most of the points that @jslongo and @caniac2000 made in those threads. With regards to "character"-It's an over used term, that is only really used when it's convenient. There's zero message being sent here, regardless of whether he plays on the 1st pairing or 3rd.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 12:45 p.m.
I have to say, regardless of where he plays in the lineup, I agree with most of the points that jslongo and caniac2000 made in those threads. With regards to "character"-It's an over used term, that is only really used when it's convenient. There's zero message being sent here, regardless of whether he plays on the 1st pairing or 3rd.

If he's playing, there's no message being sent. So while he's playing, might as well get the most you can from him.
Lenny7 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Caniac2000
If he's playing, there's no message being sent. So while he's playing, might as well get the most you can from him.

Exactly. Put him wherever. The idea that "Ah, we're sending him a big 'ol fat message by running him out there 16 minutes a night instead of 18!!!" is hilarious.

The fact that people take the whole "character" thing and blow it up is also pretty funny. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that the number of NHLers that aren't the coolest, nicest dudes on earth would absolutely shock people. Remember Tim Thomas? Huge character issues. Also won 2 Vezina trophies and a Stanley Cup. Or the combo of Voynov, Richards and Stoll, who managed to rangle up 2 Cups (flags fly forever!) while also being not-so-great people.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
sensonfire
I have to say, regardless of where he plays in the lineup, I agree with most of the points that jslongo and caniac2000 made in those threads. With regards to "character"-It's an over used term, that is only really used when it's convenient. There's zero message being sent here, regardless of whether he plays on the 1st pairing or 3rd.

That's too bad.

In that case, you probably agree that TDA should be on the first pairing.

And you probably disagree with what Coach Brind'amour is planning on doing for tonight's game.

Here's a question:

If you were the Rangers' GM, would you still have him in the lineup after Game 6 of the regular season last year?

Be honest.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
That's too bad.

And you probably disagree with what Coach Brind'amour is planning on doing for tonight's game.

Here's a question:

If you were the Rangers' GM, would you still have him in the lineup after Game 6 of the regular season last year?

Be honest.

That's not what he's saying at all. You are reading too much into this
Lenny7 and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 1:49 p.m.
Lenny7
That's too bad.

Here's a question:

Be honest.

First point-It doesn't matter where he plays. He's in the lineup. There's zero message being sent. You can play him 22 minutes a game, or 18 minutes a game-He's still there.
Second point-I'm not really sure what the point of the question is? The Rangers sent him a message by saying "You're not playing for us anymore". That was their decision, and good for them. It was well within their rights. The Canes signed him, and given his status with the team, I'm fairly certain that Brind'amour likely had a say in whether it happened or not. If not, the message would be "You're a healthy scratch", not "You're in the lineup".

It really doesn't matter what any of our views are towards ADA. The reality is that he's back in an NHL lineup, and if that's not something that you can accept, I'm not sure what to say.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 1:52 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
That's not what he's saying at all. You are reading too much into this

Thanks. I feel like he'd be shocked to know how many players are exactly pillars of their communities. The old adage "Never meet your heroes, because they're sure to disappoint you" rings very true in professional sports.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
sensonfire
First point-It doesn't matter where he plays. He's in the lineup. There's zero message being sent. You can play him 22 minutes a game, or 18 minutes a game-He's still there.
Second point-I'm not really sure what the point of the question is? The Rangers sent him a message by saying "You're not playing for us anymore". That was their decision, and good for them. It was well within their rights. The Canes signed him, and given his status with the team, I'm fairly certain that Brind'amour likely had a say in whether it happened or not. If not, the message would be "You're a healthy scratch", not "You're in the lineup".

It really doesn't matter what any of our views are towards ADA. The reality is that he's back in an NHL lineup, and if that's not something that you can accept, I'm not sure what to say.

The point of the question was to figure out how much you are an apologist and a sympathizer of TDA compared to Caniac2000 and jslongo.

The reality is that it doesn't appear that TDA will be on the first pairing for tonight's game, which is something you, Caniac200 and jslongo want more than anything.

If that's not something that you can accept, I'm not sure what to say :/
Oct. 14, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
sensonfire
Thanks. I feel like he'd be shocked to know how many players are exactly pillars of their communities. The old adage "Never meet your heroes, because they're sure to disappoint you" rings very true in professional sports.

All the players you listed in a previous quote have won something before they became controversial (Thomas, Voynov, Richards, Stoll, etc).

TDA has won diddly squat in his unremarkable career.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 2:34 p.m.
Lenny7
The point of the question was to figure out how much you are an apologist and a sympathizer of TDA compared to Caniac2000 and jslongo.

The reality is that it doesn't appear that TDA will be on the first pairing for tonight's game, which is something you, Caniac200 and jslongo want more than anything.

If that's not something that you can accept, I'm not sure what to say :/

All the players you listed in a previous quote have won something before they became controversial (Thomas, Voynov, Richards, Stoll, etc).

TDA has won diddly squat in his unremarkable career.

tears of joy Man, you are really, realllllly reaching just to try and make it seem like everyone that disagrees with you is a bad person. At no point did I say that I desperately want him to play on the top pair. The two Canes fans have him there in their threads, and both made valid points as to why he should be there. If you honestly think that there's a message being sent by pairing him with a d-man that compliments his playing style, I'm not really sure what to tell you.

As for the rest of those guys that you think were perfect angels until they all of the sudden weren't? Tim Thomas was probably a mute in the dressing room, Richards likely never touched a drug in his life until the season after the cup, and Voynov probably never laid a hand on a woman until that one time that he did...Or, it just never came out because they were all decent hockey players until they got caught doing something that they shouldn't have!

Your question should have been: "Would you want your team to sign ADA?", and my answer would have been "No.", but, if they did, then I'd expect them to play him in a way that best benefits the team, which is essentially what @jslongo and @caniac2000 have suggested.
Caniac2000 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
Canes Baby
tears of joy Man, you are really, realllllly reaching just to try and make it seem like everyone that disagrees with you is a bad person. At no point did I say that I desperately want him to play on the top pair. The two Canes fans have him there in their threads, and both made valid points as to why he should be there. If you honestly think that there's a message being sent by pairing him with a d-man that compliments his playing style, I'm not really sure what to tell you.

As for the rest of those guys that you think were perfect angels until they all of the sudden weren't? Tim Thomas was probably a mute in the dressing room, Richards likely never touched a drug in his life until the season after the cup, and Voynov probably never laid a hand on a woman until that one time that he did...Or, it just never came out because they were all decent hockey players until they got caught doing something that they shouldn't have!

Your question should have been: "Would you want your team to sign ADA?", and my answer would have been "No.", but, if they did, then I'd expect them to play him in a way that best benefits the team, which is essentially what jslongo and caniac2000 have suggested.

When this site allows little kids on it, its hard to win an argument even though the other party makes absolutely 0 good points, LOL

Good for you for sticking in this one haha
Lenny7 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
sensonfire

Your question should have been: "Would you want your team to sign ADA?", and my answer would have been "No.", but, if they did, then I'd expect them to play him in a way that best benefits the team, which is essentially what jslongo and caniac2000 have suggested.

1. I'm in agreement with the current winner of the Jack Adams Trophy while you, Caniac2000 and jslongo are on the outside looking in.

If you didn't pick a side, I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Also, thank you for tacitly admitting you would have him in the top pair.

You say, "At no point did I say that I desperately want him to play on the top pair".

Then you say,"The two Canes fans have him there in their threads, and both made valid points as to why he should be there."

I'm not exactly sure if you're being extremely dishonest or just a troll wanting to pick a fight.

Or maybe both.

Your next comment might tell the answer.

2. The issue is not about sending a message, which is how you, Caniac200 and jslongo are trying to frame it.

The issue is whether TDA is entitled to be placed on the first pair.

He is not and Coach Brind'amour appears to agree with me, based on his practice lines.

3. The other players you mentioned were completely irrelevant to this discussion until you brought them up.

4. My question is not, "Would you want your team to sign ADA?"

Don't put words in my mouth.

My question is, "Should ADA be entitled to a spot on the top pairing for the Carolina Hurricanes?"

If you understood how an entitlement mentality works, you would know the right answer.

But, you don't and that's too bad.

If a team signed ADA for 1 year and placed him on the 3rd pairing, then that is more about redemption than it is about entitlement.

On that front, Carolina's braintrust and I are on the same page while you and the other two are on the outside looking in.

You'll get used to it.

5. If you expected the Canes to play TDA in a way that best benefits the team, you would be in agreement with Brind'amour.

Which would mean you would be in agreement with me as well.

Not two random users on some random website.

I can't believe I needed to explain that to you.
Oct. 14, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: jslongo
When this site allows little kids on it, its hard to win an argument even though the other party makes absolutely 0 good points, LOL

Good for you for sticking in this one haha

It's harder to not make bad points and even harder to win an argument when you start one.

You would know.

Also, if I'm a little kid, then you must be a geriatric sarcasm
Nov. 17, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
Canes Baby
@sensonfire @lenny7 http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20212022&seasonTo=20212022&gameType=2&playerPlayedFor=franchise.26&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points&page=0&pageSize=50
Lenny7 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
Lenny7
sensonfire lenny7 http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20212022&seasonTo=20212022&gameType=2&playerPlayedFor=franchise.26&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points&page=0&pageSize=50

tears of joy But...but...buttttt...Roddy B, Jack Adams winner, was going to send a message to ADA!!!
TheCoontniac liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
sensonfire
sensonfire lenny7 http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20212022&seasonTo=20212022&gameType=2&playerPlayedFor=franchise.26&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points&page=0&pageSize=50

Pesce got hurt and TDA has stayed out of trouble so far after about a dozen games or so.

It proves my point that he should earn a spot on the top pairing out of merit instead of entitlement.

And that's exactly what happened.

Also, thank you for reading my posts from over a month ago.

I'm flattered awesome face
Nov. 17, 2021 at 12:37 p.m.
Canes Baby
Pesce got hurt and TDA has stayed out of trouble so far after about a dozen games or so.

It proves my point that he should earn a spot on the top pairing out of merit instead of entitlement.

And that's exactly what happened.

Also, thank you for reading my posts from over a month ago.

I'm flattered awesome face

TDA proving you wrong game after game. Pretty sure I told you on one of these posts that I would come back to this smile thought id keep my word.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 1:13 p.m.
sensonfire
TDA proving you wrong game after game. Pretty sure I told you on one of these posts that I would come back to this smile thought id keep my word.

Because Pesce got hurt and TDA has kept his nose clean after more than 6 games.

He's actually proving me right game after game.

It's hard for you to admit that I was right.

That's ok.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll