M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 15, 2021 at 8:30 p.m.
What in tarnation
It depends. If we're doing badly we're probably going to retool, but if we're doing well then we'd want some more established assets. So for now it's too early to say.
Oct. 15, 2021 at 8:35 p.m.
I think Lindell is a luxury than MN can't afford with their cap situation.
aedoran, EsoYeezus69, Aero_Astro_Guy and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 15, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
I don’t see him getting traded
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 15, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
Jinx god
Too hard to tell, with his NMC it makes it unlikely that he gets moved.
Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Oct. 15, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Note that you have only $10.5 million in cap space, with Jordan Greenway, Kappo Kahkonen and Kevin Fiala to sign, plus 7 (SEVEN!) more roster slots to fill. As the ever-accurate @wabit says, Lindell is a luxury the Wild can't afford.
EsoYeezus69 and Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Oct. 15, 2021 at 10:34 p.m.
Just for the sake of discussion and let’s throw out the windows the NMC, NTC, etc.

I would swap right there Lindell with Zuch.
Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Oct. 16, 2021 at 1:09 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: Phleb2
Just for the sake of discussion and let’s throw out the windows the NMC, NTC, etc.

I would swap right there Lindell with Zuch.

If the Stars are moving Lindell it's to facilitate a rebuild/retool. Zuccarello doesn't help that process. If Dallas were to trade Lindell, I would be shocked if they were looking for a player that's older than Lindell.
Oct. 16, 2021 at 1:21 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
Assuming that guys like Greenway & Eriksson Ek are off the table, I don't really see a young roster player that would be enticing for Dallas. That leaves a package including a handful of prospects (almost definitely not Boldy or Rossi) & picks.

Players of interest could be guys like: Carson Lambos, Calen Addison, Marat Khusnutdinov, Daemon Hunt, Ryan O'Rourke, and Jack Peart

Center a package around a couple of these guys and some decent picks & you're in the right ballpark.
Oct. 16, 2021 at 1:29 a.m.
Quoting: TheMooterus
If the Stars are moving Lindell it's to facilitate a rebuild/retool. Zuccarello doesn't help that process. If Dallas were to trade Lindell, I would be shocked if they were looking for a player that's older than Lindell.

I disagree. I think we are a better team and have better chance to have a better season this year with Zuch. Lindell is flat out highly overrated and Nill just lost the chance to trade him and his contract.

We would still have Suter, Klingberg and Miro as our Top 3. As for the bottom 3 D, you have Hakanpaa, Hanley (highly underrated), Sekera, Petrovic (who was OK during training camp).

Nill could also still try to trade for another D like Manson.

I am so tired to see all this ice time to Lindell. He has no foot speed and he cannot get out of his zone with the puck. His passes are more often than not late. And he ice the puck like there is no tomorrow.

What is the point of giving him that much minutes if they are close to garbage more than 50% of the time?

It's not that I hate the guy. He is not use correctly IMO and he is paid way way too much.
Oct. 16, 2021 at 1:54 a.m.
Assuming that guys like Greenway & Eriksson Ek are off the table, I don't really see a young roster player that would be enticing for Dallas. That leaves a package including a handful of prospects (almost definitely not Boldy or Rossi) & picks.

Players of interest could be guys like: Carson Lambos, Calen Addison, Marat Khusnutdinov, Daemon Hunt, Ryan O'Rourke, and Jack Peart

Center a package around a couple of these guys and some decent picks & you're in the right ballpark.

Oh, trust me... I'm pretty sure Greenway is on the market. If the Wild want to hold onto Fiala next year, then either one of or both Greenway/Zuccarello need to go in order for us to realistically keep him.

FYI, Fiala was the best player on the ice for the Wild last night. Greenway was OK, and everyone else except Foligno and new rookie Duhaime, including Kaprizov looked rusty for most of it.
MNCountryClub liked this.
Oct. 16, 2021 at 2:08 a.m.
Quoting: RazWild
Oh, trust me... I'm pretty sure Greenway is on the market. If the Wild want to hold onto Fiala next year, then either one of or both Greenway/Zuccarello need to go in order for us to realistically keep him.

FYI, Fiala was the best player on the ice for the Wild last night. Greenway was OK, and everyone else except Foligno and new rookie Duhaime, including Kaprizov looked rusty for most of it.

I don't think Greenway is currently on the market. Actually I don't think MN has anyone really on the market. They're in the wait and see what they have and where they are come the TDL mode.

I think MN has Greenway in their longterm plans and expects Fiala (motivated and in a contract year) to price himself out of MN. Then they trade Fiala for a big haul before the draft.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 12:29 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
I disagree. I think we are a better team and have better chance to have a better season this year with Zuch. Lindell is flat out highly overrated and Nill just lost the chance to trade him and his contract.

We would still have Suter, Klingberg and Miro as our Top 3. As for the bottom 3 D, you have Hakanpaa, Hanley (highly underrated), Sekera, Petrovic (who was OK during training camp).

Nill could also still try to trade for another D like Manson.

I am so tired to see all this ice time to Lindell. He has no foot speed and he cannot get out of his zone with the puck. His passes are more often than not late. And he ice the puck like there is no tomorrow.

What is the point of giving him that much minutes if they are close to garbage more than 50% of the time?

It's not that I hate the guy. He is not use correctly IMO and he is paid way way too much.

Not arguing that Lindell is overrated, but he’s a top-4 defenseman for Dallas, like it or not. That’s simply his role on the team. If Dallas trades a top-4 defenseman it means they have given up on the year & are starting the rebuild phase. Teams still competing for a the postseason don’t trade one of their top-4 defensemen in the hopes that it makes them better this year. They trade top-4 defensemen with the hope that it makes them better 2-3 years down the road. A 34-year old Zuccarello does not fit that criteria.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 12:34 a.m.
Not arguing that Lindell is overrated, but he’s a top-4 defenseman for Dallas, like it or not. That’s simply his role on the team. If Dallas trades a top-4 defenseman it means they have given up on the year & are starting the rebuild phase. Teams still competing for a the postseason don’t trade one of their top-4 defensemen in the hopes that it makes them better this year. They trade top-4 defensemen with the hope that it makes them better 2-3 years down the road. A 34-year old Zuccarello does not fit that criteria.

It’s because you think that there is not a better option than Lindell in our top 4 right now in our roster or via the trade route.
Oct. 18, 2021 at 10:12 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
It’s because you think that there is not a better option than Lindell in our top 4 right now in our roster or via the trade route.

We don't have a better option on our roster. Sekera isn't a top-4, Hakanpaa isn't a top-4, Hanley isn't a top-4, Harley isn't ready to be a top-4. And if trading for a better top-4 is the goal, then what's the point of the Zuccarello trade? Why not try to use Lindell to get an upgrade in the top-4?
Goofie liked this.
Oct. 18, 2021 at 10:41 a.m.
We don't have a better option on our roster. Sekera isn't a top-4, Hakanpaa isn't a top-4, Hanley isn't a top-4, Harley isn't ready to be a top-4. And if trading for a better top-4 is the goal, then what's the point of the Zuccarello trade? Why not try to use Lindell to get an upgrade in the top-4?

In this highly hypothetical scenario (the original question was the price for Lindell) that's what I would imagine:

- Lindell for Zuch
- Josh Manson for a 2nd round pick + one B or A- prospect

Suter-Klingberg
Miro-Manson
Sekera/Hanley-Jakanpaa

But now, with the NMC of Lindell in full motion, we are stuck with him. But mainly, we are stuck with a head coach that is misusing him by overvaluating his contribution.
Oct. 18, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
In this highly hypothetical scenario (the original question was the price for Lindell) that's what I would imagine:

- Lindell for Zuch
- Josh Manson for a 2nd round pick + one B or A- prospect

Suter-Klingberg
Miro-Manson
Sekera/Hanley-Jakanpaa

But now, with the NMC of Lindell in full motion, we are stuck with him. But mainly, we are stuck with a head coach that is misusing him by overvaluating his contribution.

But that's my point. Using the scenario above (I'm fine going after Manson if we're still a competitive team), why would we trade Lindell for Zuccarello? He's older & he costs more money. You can trade for Manson and run the following:

Suter-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Manson
Lindell-Hakanpaa/Sekera

I don't quite understand the concept of trading Lindell for a significantly older player when the Stars primary focus should be on getting younger, especially once Pavelski & Radulov are off the books.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll