SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Im so done with this team rn

Oct. 17, 2021 at 12:50 a.m.
Dubios looked better today but Copp was bad. To the point where Pomo benched him at the end. Time to send perfetti back. He never had a place on this team this year. He was never a fit on that 3rd line which also looked bad.

Demelo was brutal….

Vesalainen was one of the only jets who had a good game along with harkins and Dillon.

They looked slow and miserable tonight. It was hard to watch. Normally this team has a fire in the last 10 mins of a game, there was none of that. Credit to the sharks who played a good game but the jets couldn’t have won against an AHL team today….

I will be posting an overreaction team shortly…
Oct. 17, 2021 at 1:14 a.m.
wpg
chill its only 2 games in

ps: its easier on the eyes with a bottle of whisky :/
arafay liked this.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 1:58 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyFan989
chill its only 2 games in

ps: its easier on the eyes with a bottle of whisky :/

That was literally the worst game I’ve seen them play in a while. It hurt even more because we have been waiting for this team to play since like July…
Oct. 17, 2021 at 2:20 a.m.
IamAlwaysRight
Every time the Jets went headhunting it backfired as the sharks got the momentum. Dubois and Lowry had really dumb penalties that resulted in Sharks goals. Jets tried to play the pugilist game against the smaller, faster sharks and it backfired. Dillon tried to lay a huge hit on Eklund and missed and threw himself into the boards. Then Harkins tried and nearly injured himself. Jets should have stuck to their skill not their muscle and Jake Middleton easily handled Jets biggest player Stanley in a fight.

Winnipeg is a good team. It's two games and they'll figure it out. This isn't the sharks team of the last two years, we may not be a playoff team but if the opponent makes dumb decisions this sharks team will capitalize.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 3:30 a.m.
Quoting: gary_bettman
Every time the Jets went headhunting it backfired as the sharks got the momentum. Dubois and Lowry had really dumb penalties that resulted in Sharks goals. Jets tried to play the pugilist game against the smaller, faster sharks and it backfired. Dillon tried to lay a huge hit on Eklund and missed and threw himself into the boards. Then Harkins tried and nearly injured himself. Jets should have stuck to their skill not their muscle and Jake Middleton easily handled Jets biggest player Stanley in a fight.

Winnipeg is a good team. It's two games and they'll figure it out. This isn't the sharks team of the last two years, we may not be a playoff team but if the opponent makes dumb decisions this sharks team will capitalize.

That’s my point. Physicality was not the issue though. It was overall commitment. They were not unified in playing a single style. Either you play physical, or you play fast and skilled. The jets are fortunate enough that they can do both, but you can’t do both at once. Some players were playing one way, an other on the ice at the same time were doing the other. It was a disaster. The passes were sloppy, the jets couldn’t read off eachother, and there was no jump. They looked like snails. The jets aren’t the fastest team outside of their top 6 but they look fast cause of their forecheck and tenacity. That was gone today. Other than dubios, no player was willing to go to the front of the net and the sharks had a free pass in front of hellebuyck. I’m not saying the sharks weren’t good, but this was a god awful game from the jets.

I’m not really worried tbh, this team will figure it out. But playing 35+ yr olds that you expect to produce on a struggling PK is idiotic. The list goes on and on. Outside of dubios, harkins, Dillon, and Vesalainen (at times), the jets were god awful today.
Oct. 20, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Bedard23
Improvements are happening now wouldn’t surprise me if before long they turn a corner

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll