Forums/Armchair-GM

Strome and Kravtsov

Created by: Alfie11
Team: 2021-22 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 17, 2021
Published: Oct. 17, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
could also run Formenton-Pinto-C. Brown as a checking line, and Stutzle-Strome-Kravtsov as an extremely sheltered line wirh nearly exclusively ozone starts
Trades
CHI
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (OTT)
NYR
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
OTT
COL
  1. Tierney, Chris ($1,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
any contender that needs bottom six depth (Colorado, Takpa Bay, Florida, etc.) for like a 2nd or 3rd or equivalent
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$69,004,924$0$5,357,500$12,495,076
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,330,674$8,330,674
LW
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 2
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$787,500$787,500
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$726,667$726,667
LW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 17, 2021 at 3:42 a.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
Didn't even offer them a senators 2nd rounder

Huh?

Why would NYR sell that low on the Kravmeister
Oct. 17, 2021 at 4:08 a.m.
I think we’d rather take the chance we could salvage things before doing this, just my opinion.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 6:06 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
We could fix our bottom 6 with pieces we already have in Belleville and by punting guys like Logan Shaw and Sanford to the AHL.
BUT OUT DEFENCE, outside of the Chabot-Zub pairing, is a total garbage fire.
I get that Sanderson will be here soon but we'll be miles out of playoff spot by then.
Not sure why OTT didn't claim Cholowski and immediately put MDZ on waivers. ZERO RISK MOVE.
Either way, two games in, it's our D that needs fixing more than anything.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 6:22 a.m.
Quoting: TCMonkey
We could fix our bottom 6 with pieces we already have in Belleville and by punting guys like Logan Shaw and Sanford to the AHL.
I get that Sanderson will be here soon but we'll be miles out of playoff spot by then.
Not sure why OTT didn't claim Cholowski and immediately put MDZ on waivers. ZERO RISK MOVE.

The solution is not in Belleville rn. Outside of Brannstrom who is very clearly an NHL player everyone in Belleville NEEDS more AHL time. For starters I don't think they have a C to call up who is better than Shaw right now. Maybe Agozzino is better idk, but I don't think Kastelic is ready yet. As far as wingers, I liked Reinhardt's camp, but I'm not sure he's ready, and you probably don't want two raw rookies like Kelly and Reinhardt on your 4th line, and Sharkolov is just not ready yet.

I agree about the D. Specifically the non Zub RHD is gonna sink this team. Zaitsev is off to the worst start in his tenure in Ottawa, and J.Brown is really dragging Holden down. They need Brannstrom up, so they can push J.Brown out and Zaitsev down.
Alfie11 and sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 6:47 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
The solution is not in Belleville rn. Outside of Brannstrom who is very clearly an NHL player everyone in Belleville NEEDS more AHL time. For starters I don't think they have a C to call up who is better than Shaw right now. Maybe Agozzino is better idk, but I don't think Kastelic is ready yet. As far as wingers, I liked Reinhardt's camp, but I'm not sure he's ready, and you probably don't want two raw rookies like Kelly and Reinhardt on your 4th line, and Sharkolov is just not ready yet.

I agree about the D. Specifically the non Zub RHD is gonna sink this team. Zaitsev is off to the worst start in his tenure in Ottawa, and J.Brown is really dragging Holden down. They need Brannstrom up, so they can push J.Brown out and Zaitsev down.

I wasn't thinking of vast changes in the bottom 6 because that's not where the bleeding is coming from. I'd be happy with:
Formenton - Paul - Parker
Ennis - Tierney - Aberg or Reinhardt (until Watson returns)
I'd rather play a guy who might not be ready and see how it goes than continue to dress what isn't working.

And I agree, Holden is a decent D man who needs a more mobile, puck moving D man. That sure as hell ain't Josh Brown. But DJ Smith will never scratch Zaitsev so the bleeding in our own end likely continues this season until Sanderson arrives. Oh well... another great draft pick coming right up!
Oct. 17, 2021 at 7:06 a.m.
Quoting: Radu47
Didn't even offer them a senators 2nd rounder

Huh?

Why would NYR sell that low on the Kravmeister

Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I think we’d rather take the chance we could salvage things before doing this, just my opinion.

This is literally nearly identical to the Andersson trade.

I think the guys in the AHL should stay there so they develop properly and don't get ruined. They all need at least 1 more year of ripening down there, maybe 2 (thinking of Sokolov, Crookshank, Jarventie, Kastelic, Reinhardt, etc.). This sacrifices a bit of draft capital that we don't really need (our prospect pool is great) to get a couple of projects that at worst are short term fixes to our NHL depth (with team control) and at best turn into useful middle six pieces that can either fill a role or be sold for profit down the line. I'd like better D but top pair defensive RHD are hard to come by and for some reason the organization hates Brannstrom and loves Zaitsev. There's no point trading for middle of the lineup D because the Sens are atrocious at evaluating that (see: J. Brown, Gudbranson, Coburn, MDZ, all guys signed or traded for to be 2nd or 3rd pair guys, and all of whom are at best a secondary spare calibre of player). If we had DeMelo still or a guy like that, and played Brannstrom, I wouldn't hate our D tbh. Chabot-DeMelo / Brannstrom-Zub / Holden-Mete / Zaitsev (or even Mete-Zaitsev as the 3rd pair, I probably wouldn't hate him too much there) would be solid for now, until Sanderson and JBD step in. Maybe we go for a guy like Manson via trade if we can extend him for a couple years?
Quoting: Claesson4Norris

Pretty much agree with all of this. Not a fan of Agozzino in the NHL, he's better off in Belleville as a veteran with some NHL experience acting as a mentor to guys like Jarventie and Sokolov who I'd hope will at least challenge for a spot next year (especially Sokolov).
Oct. 17, 2021 at 7:15 a.m.
Oh well... another great draft pick coming right up!

Depending on how bad we do this draft has some elite talent. Wright/Lambert/Savoie/Miroshnichenko go without saying, McGroarty and Geekie are big centres with top 6 upside that look like the type of players we've been drafting recently, Nemec would give us an elite Sanderson partner (although I really think we should draft a forward), and Kemell has been lighting up the Liiga. Lots of exciting talent to choose from there. Unless we go off the board and draft some random 2nd rounder in the early 1st again 🙄
Oct. 17, 2021 at 7:33 a.m.
John 3 16
Avs have a cheaper version of Tierney in Jost already so I doubt there would be interest there.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Quoting: Alfie11
Depending on how bad we do this draft has some elite talent. Wright/Lambert/Savoie/Miroshnichenko go without saying, McGroarty and Geekie are big centres with top 6 upside that look like the type of players we've been drafting recently, Nemec would give us an elite Sanderson partner (although I really think we should draft a forward), and Kemell has been lighting up the Liiga. Lots of exciting talent to choose from there. Unless we go off the board and draft some random 2nd rounder in the early 1st again 🙄

Ottawa is horrible at evaluation pro talent (Stepan, MDZ, Coburn, etc.) but their junior scouting has been quite solid. A lot of people wanted Zadina over Tkachuk, and absolutely lost their minds when we took Pinto over Kaliyev and Brink. I suspect Boucher will be no different. He might not be the flashy highlight reel goal scoring winger, but he's a guy you put on that line (with Stützle and Pinto) to forecheck like a beast, do all the dirty grinding work in the corners, and hold his ground in the crease. He'll create time and space for that line, which will make them far more dangerous. And even if most of his goals come from in the paint, be it his stick or his body, he's not without skill. Having a Tkachuk style player for each line is a great idea IMO. I can't wait to see him in Ottawa.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 9:19 a.m.
sensonfire
It's just two games into the season against the same opponent.

I think we really need to see what we're like as a team with Brady back in the lineup and how we do against other teams beside Toronto.

No reason to go ape just yet awesome face
Oct. 17, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
Marner Enthusiast
I think playing Strome with Stutzle would be a great idea. Strome is the type of player who benefits from playing alongside a highly skilled transition winger.
Alfie11 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.
Ottawa is horrible at evaluation pro talent (Stepan, MDZ, Coburn, etc.) but their junior scouting has been quite solid. A lot of people wanted Zadina over Tkachuk, and absolutely lost their minds when we took Pinto over Kaliyev and Brink. I suspect Boucher will be no different. He might not be the flashy highlight reel goal scoring winger, but he's a guy you put on that line (with Stützle and Pinto) to forecheck like a beast, do all the dirty grinding work in the corners, and hold his ground in the crease. He'll create time and space for that line, which will make them far more dangerous. And even if most of his goals come from in the paint, be it his stick or his body, he's not without skill. Having a Tkachuk style player for each line is a great idea IMO. I can't wait to see him in Ottawa.

I mean that’s fine, but that’s fine at like pick 25, where it’s a reach but one that might pay off. Passing on a pure sniper like Lucius, a physical centre with a great shot like Sillinger (who already looked phenomenal at the Columbus camp), or a franchise goaltender like Cossa or Wallstedt is inexcusable imo. Boucher may be fine but I’d be willing to bet he’s not going to be the 10th best player in this draft.
Quoting: sensonfire
It's just two games into the season against the same opponent.

I think we really need to see what we're like as a team with Brady back in the lineup and how we do against other teams beside Toronto.

No reason to go ape just yet awesome face

I don’t think this is going ape lol, and it’s not reactionary at all to what happened so far. I just think we have holes in our lineup (namely White and a lack of right shots in general) and these are two guys who are available, young, talented, and under team control. They’re worth taking a risk on imo.
sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 18, 2021 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: Richard88
Avs have a cheaper version of Tierney in Jost already so I doubt there would be interest there.

Does Tyler Jost go on 82 goals paces very often?

No, but Chris the stud Tierney does.
Alfie11 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll