SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #2

Oct. 25, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So how long does it take before we rethink our opinion on the Sabres? They’re 4-1-1 with a +8 goal differential, even though they’re without Mittelstadt and Dahlin only has 2 assists. And they still have yet to get any assets in return for Eichel.

Anderson and Tokarski’s save percentages likely aren’t sustainable, but this team could be half decent. If the team continues to work really well together and Kyle Okposo turns back the clock, this team could finish as high as 20th.

Sabres are also without Dahlins top Pair, Henri Jokiharju
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Absolutely. Out of the expected bad teams, they’d probably be my 2nd choice after Seattle.

I mean they have phenomenal jerseys and nothing to dislike other than a terrible owner. But that doesn’t affect how I cheer for Ottawa or the Rangers.

Personally I want Columbus to get him as they need him as they are a small market and never can seem to hold onto their stars. Plus him centering Laine would be fun
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:04 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yep, he did better than Campbell and Holtby who i both chose over him, Merz had been the most consistent but i thought Dallas was better than CBJ. I apparently don’t know my team enough

When you think Dallas is better than the other team, they aren’t, and when you think they’re worst, they aren’t.

That’s the trick for this weird @ss franchise.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Wings fans on ACGM are saying Mantha's value has never been high. Do they have a goldfish memory? They kept praising him and saying how valuable he is the summer he got his extension. I've never seen a player valued as much on this website lol.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: SevenLeg
Wings fans on ACGM are saying Mantha's value has never been high. Do they have a goldfish memory? They kept praising him and saying how valuable he is the summer he got his extension. I've never seen a player valued as much on this website lol.

Didnt Mantha get traded for Vrana and a 1st

I would say thats high value lul
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
So how long does it take before we rethink our opinion on the Sabres? They’re 4-1-1 with a +8 goal differential, even though they’re without Mittelstadt and Dahlin only has 2 assists. And they still have yet to get any assets in return for Eichel.

Anderson and Tokarski’s save percentages likely aren’t sustainable, but this team could be half decent. If the team continues to work really well together and Kyle Okposo turns back the clock, this team could finish as high as 20th.

One thing has been pretty consistent for Buffalo the last few seasons is their starts. They're generally great out of the gate but slide as the season goes on. If they're still in the hunt around Christmas I'll give them a little more credit.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see them do well. No fan base deserves it more. But it's like theyve been dating a bad seed "but it's different now, theyve changed, they won't hurt us again,,,,,"
BuFfaLOFaN and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle

+ Still
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
+ Still

Wait I did the tree

Mantha went for

Vrana + Panik + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd

Panik and 2021 2nd (the pick that became Raty) (remember that Detroit) went to NYI for Leddy

While the 2021 1st + 2 other Detroit picks went to Dallas in exchange for moving up 8 spots and getting Cossa
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.

It was vrana+1st+2nd, but detroit also took on the panik cap dump, which probably cost a 1st to dump. so around vrana+2nd, which is still a win for the wings. if you think panik only cost a 2nd to dump, then vrana+1st for mantha and a more clear win
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
It was vrana+1st+2nd, but detroit also took on the panik cap dump, which probably cost a 1st to dump. so around vrana+2nd, which is still a win for the wings. if you think panik only cost a 2nd to dump, then vrana+1st for mantha and a more clear win

Did the tree above actually a good return cause in the end Detroit got

Leddy + Vrana + Cossa in exchange for moving Mantha

Only thing they may regret is losing Raty

So in the end that trade be looking like a bigger Detroit W then it already was. Sucks Vrana got hurt but what can you do.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:22 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

It was confirmed that the 2nd was to dump Panik
Db1899, Alfie11 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
My advice stay off ACGM for a few days

RN its filled with

1. Eichel to Calgary trades
2. Eichel to Vegas trades
and the best of all
3. Marner to every team in the NHL
BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69, Devil and 4 others liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
TheAthletic reported today that the Hurricanes offered the offersheet compensation (1st and 3rd), along with any of their prospects not named Seth Jarvis for Kotkaniemi. They declined and the Hurricanes threatened them with a $6M offersheet, which they thought was a bluff.

If true, Bergevin missed big time. Could have gotten Ryan Suzuki + the offersheet compensation or Ryan Suzuki + Dvorak for Kotkaniemi.
EsoYeezus69, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

RN its filled with

and the best of all

Pretty sure I saw a Marner on waivers
aadoyle, BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69 and 5 others liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:29 p.m.

Leafs fans go from top 5 winger 2 top 15 centers and a future dynasty to... Mariner in waivers
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
TheAthletic reported today that the Hurricanes offered the offersheet compensation (1st and 3rd), along with any of their prospects not named Seth Jarvis for Kotkaniemi. They declined and the Hurricanes threatened them with a $6M offersheet, which they thought was a bluff.

If true, Bergevin missed big time. Could have gotten Ryan Suzuki + the offersheet compensation or Ryan Suzuki + Dvorak for Kotkaniemi.

If this is true wow did he do a dumb move

Cause in the end the trade would have been KK to Carolina for Dvorak + Suzuki or Drury

Weird how its coming out now and not after the Habs let him go. Seems sketchy
zk97 liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
Jinx god

RN its filled with

and the best of all

We should all just flood the AC-GM section with Blake Comeau for the entire franchise type of deals lol.
aadoyle, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:41 p.m.

Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Leafs fans go from top 5 winger 2 top 15 centers and a future dynasty to... Mariner in waivers

They drive me nuts sometimes with the overreactions

Like lets be real if Marner gets traded hes probs gonna end up in Nashville

Anyways back to avoiding ACGM for a few days starting....NOW
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and zk97 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:26 a.m.
Go leafs go
They drive me nuts sometimes with the overreactions

Like lets be real if Marner gets traded hes probs gonna end up in Nashville

Anyways back to avoiding ACGM for a few days starting....NOW

Why do you say Nashville? Not that I disagree, I do think Nashville is a likely destination in a hypothetical Marner trade, but there are other teams like Anaheim, Ottawa, Detroit maybe?
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:33 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
We should all just flood the AC-GM section with Blake Comeau for the entire franchise type of deals lol.

Blake Comeau for Loui Eriksson 1 for 1?
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:35 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:52 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Why do you say Nashville? Not that I disagree, I do think Nashville is a likely destination in a hypothetical Marner trade, but there are other teams like Anaheim, Ottawa, Detroit maybe?

Leafs wont trade with a divisional rivals as why make it harder for yourself come next season, Anaheim has enough wings and need strong centers, they may do it but its doubtful.

Nashville makes the most sense as rn, they have the space to take on Marners contract, they want to stay competitive, they have 2 contracts they want gone and have an abundance of other assets

Only problem is the return as what was stated a long time ago you dont win a marner trade unless its superstar for superstar. But that wont happen with Nashville so it means Toronto will have to take on cap space to make any deal work

Now the other team who you could argue could make it work is Philadelphia. But again we got to take on cap to make it work
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:38 a.m.
Leafs wont trade with a divisional rivals as why make it harder for yourself come next season, Anaheim has enough wings and need strong centers, they may do it but its doubtful.

Nashville makes the most sense as rn, they have the space to take on Marners contract, they want to stay competitive, they have 2 contracts they want gone and have an abundance of other assets

Only problem is the return as what was stated a long time ago you dont win a marner trade unless its superstar for superstar. But that wont happen with Nashville so it means Toronto will have to take on cap space to make any deal work

Now the other team who you could argue could make it work is Philadelphia. But again we got to take on cap to make it work

I disagree on your Anaheim take, I think their current depth up front is irrelevant because they’re rebuilding (not that I like most of the veterans that much anymore tbh…), and long term they’re completely set up the middle with Zegras and McTavish in the top 6, and a couple options at 3C (Henrique for a bit, maybe Steel or Lundestrom). They could really use more young wingers imo, they’ve got Comtois in the NHL, I like Perreault as a prospect, and some people like Tracey/Pastujov, but there isn’t much depth there, and no guaranteed top line threat. I think putting Marner with Comtois and McTavish would be an excellent line (and then the sniper Perreault with the playmaker Zegras, along with Pastujov, Tracey, or someone else they bring in), especially if the Comtois-McTavish-Marner line can be their “2nd” line. Presumably of course they’d have to give up at least one of the wingers I mentioned (maybe Comtois, Anaheim probably prefers Tracey/Pastujov), along with probably Rakell and/or Manson, and maybe a guy like Dostal + picks. Some package with pieces like that. Imo that would work out well for Anaheim, and Toronto may be able to justify that the cap space+depth increase helps them too, like if you get Rakell+Manson (potential for extensions to be pre-negotiated with one or both)+Dostal+Steel/Lundestrom+1st that’s a solid package, 3 roster players including a young 3C, a young goalie of the future (something the Leafs don’t have and haven’t had for a long time), and a pick you can use to upgrade further because even if Anaheim doesn’t retain the Leafs get ~3mil cap room. If the Leafs get Comtois+Manson (preferably extended)+2 picks/young players/prospects that would be a decent trade too, again with more cap space for upgrades.

Also the Preds could give negotiating rights with Forsberg to the Leafs, and then throw in like Fabbro+picks or prospects to make a solid package that might appeal to the Leafs.
aadoyle liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:43 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I disagree on your Anaheim take, I think their current depth up front is irrelevant because they’re rebuilding (not that I like most of the veterans that much anymore tbh…), and long term they’re completely set up the middle with Zegras and McTavish in the top 6, and a couple options at 3C (Henrique for a bit, maybe Steel or Lundestrom). They could really use more young wingers imo, they’ve got Comtois in the NHL, I like Perreault as a prospect, and some people like Tracey/Pastujov, but there isn’t much depth there, and no guaranteed top line threat. I think putting Marner with Comtois and McTavish would be an excellent line (and then the sniper Perreault with the playmaker Zegras, along with Pastujov, Tracey, or someone else they bring in), especially if the Comtois-McTavish-Marner line can be their “2nd” line. Presumably of course they’d have to give up at least one of the wingers I mentioned (maybe Comtois, Anaheim probably prefers Tracey/Pastujov), along with probably Rakell and/or Manson, and maybe a guy like Dostal + picks. Some package with pieces like that. Imo that would work out well for Anaheim, and Toronto may be able to justify that the cap space+depth increase helps them too, like if you get Rakell+Manson (potential for extensions to be pre-negotiated with one or both)+Dostal+Steel/Lundestrom+1st that’s a solid package, 3 roster players including a young 3C, a young goalie of the future (something the Leafs don’t have and haven’t had for a long time), and a pick you can use to upgrade further because even if Anaheim doesn’t retain the Leafs get ~3mil cap room. If the Leafs get Comtois+Manson (preferably extended)+2 picks/young players/prospects that would be a decent trade too, again with more cap space for upgrades.

Also the Preds could give negotiating rights with Forsberg to the Leafs, and then throw in like Fabbro+picks or prospects to make a solid package that might appeal to the Leafs.

Hmm never really thought of it that way for Anaheim

As for that Nashville idea Id do it depending on how the season goes.
Alfie11 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 6:26 a.m.

Nope, they’d have to keep this pace for at least 10-15 games before I’ll even consider ranking them better. In my eyes, they’re at the bottom with Arizona and Chicago
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 6:29 a.m.

I honestly can’t blame MB for thinking this was a a bluff if true. I’d probably have also thought this was a bluff
zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll