1. Almari, Niclas
  2. Pettersson, Marcus
  3. Poulin, Samuel
  4. Zucker, Jason
  5. 2022 1st round pick (PIT)
  6. 2024 2nd round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Keller, Clayton
  2. Strålman, Anton ($2,750,000 retained)
ARI
  1. Beckman, Adam
  2. Rask, Victor
  3. 2022 1st round pick (MIN)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (MIN)
ARI
  1. Hájek, Libor
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (STL)
NYR
  1. Kessel, Phil
  2. 2022 6th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. 2022 5th round pick (PHI)
ARI
  1. 2022 4th round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the STL
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$58,708,750$196,951$582,500$22,791,250
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$750,000$750,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,533,333$1,533,333
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the New York Rangers
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:25 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Good value for NYR. Not sure if Kessel is the guy their looking for though tbh. Would've probably kept Buchnevich.
Marcsnack liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:38 a.m.
That's a no. Overpaying by quite a bit here.

I wouldn't trade Beckman 1v1 for Schmaltz.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 4:09 a.m.
Im gonna say Keller is right up there with Chychrun in untouchable

Larsson is worth more.

Quoting: RazWild

Damn talk about overrating your prospects, Beckman likely wont be as good as Schmaltz
Radu47 and SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:35 a.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
Heck if you're gonna tank go full on 😕

They're gonna be awful anyways this year

Still 10M more cap to weaponize awesome face
Marcsnack liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 6:27 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Im gonna say Keller is right up there with Chychrun in untouchable

Larsson is worth more.

Damn talk about overrating your prospects, Beckman likely wont be as good as Schmaltz

Schmaltz is highly overrated, IMO, and I've watched a lot of him over the years. I don't like him, never have. Yes, it's my own biased opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

Beckman was the leading scorer in the WHL in his Draft+1 year, produced well in both the AHL and WHL in last years broken up pandemic infused season, and was legitimately our best looking prospect out of Rossi, Boldy, and Addison during training camp this year. If Guerin hadn't claimed Rem Pitlick off waivers, closing one of the original two open forward spots we had this year, he's on the roster right now. As it stands, Duhaime has paid his dues in the AHL and is NHL ready now. He earned that final spot.

That said, all Beckman does is score goals and shoot the puck. By an absolute f**k-ton. I don't know about you, but 4 goals in 3 games during a NHL pre-season, with 12 minutes TOI average in a 3rd line role is pretty damn impressive to me for what is apparently overrating a prospect who has grown from being viewed as a bottom six scoring forward when he was originally drafted, to a middle six scoring threat, to his current projection of being a top six winger as his new floor.

But yeah, sure, I guess I'm overrating him apparently.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 7:52 a.m.
14m in dead cap

Schmaltz is highly overrated, IMO, and I've watched a lot of him over the years. I don't like him, never have. Yes, it's my own biased opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

Beckman was the leading scorer in the WHL in his Draft+1 year, produced well in both the AHL and WHL in last years broken up pandemic infused season, and was legitimately our best looking prospect out of Rossi, Boldy, and Addison during training camp this year. If Guerin hadn't claimed Rem Pitlick off waivers, closing one of the original two open forward spots we had this year, he's on the roster right now. As it stands, Duhaime has paid his dues in the AHL and is NHL ready now. He earned that final spot.

That said, all Beckman does is score goals and shoot the puck. By an absolute f**k-ton. I don't know about you, but 4 goals in 3 games during a NHL pre-season, with 12 minutes TOI average in a 3rd line role is pretty damn impressive to me for what is apparently overrating a prospect who has grown from being viewed as a bottom six scoring forward when he was originally drafted, to a middle six scoring threat, to his current projection of being a top six winger as his new floor.

It's more pure cap math than anything. They need Beckman on his ELC the next 2 years more than they need Schmaltz. Someone from the current roster won't be back next year (Greenway, Fiala, Zuccarello) and they'll need prospects like Beckman to fill out the roster.
MNCountryClub, TanSor and Morzski liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 8:06 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
It's more pure cap math than anything. They need Beckman on his ELC the next 2 years more than they need Schmaltz. Someone from the current roster won't be back next year (Greenway, Fiala, Zuccarello) and they'll need prospects like Beckman to fill out the roster.

I can understand that way of thinking here as we see it commonly around things like trading for Marner as well. I just think that implying Beckman is worth more than Schmaltz is stupid
SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 8:15 a.m.

I mean you are overrating him, he scored 2 goals on an AHL backup, 1 rebound on Kuemper after someone fell on him and 1 against a mediocre backup. Its fine to be excited about him but to say he's worth more than a top 6 center is so incredibly homer
SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 8:39 a.m.

Schmaltz is that top 6 C the Wild can acquire without having to give up Rossi/Boldy. The value can be changed a bit, but I wanted it to be close to what Dvorak got in return. There are other teams who need a top 6 C as well, so I could change that. Just felt like MIN was a good spot for him.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 9:05 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: Marcsnack
Schmaltz is that top 6 C the Wild can acquire without having to give up Rossi/Boldy. The value can be changed a bit, but I wanted it to be close to what Dvorak got in return. There are other teams who need a top 6 C as well, so I could change that. Just felt like MIN was a good spot for him.

I think if the Wild were actually interested in trading for a center, they would have pulled the trigger on the cheaper cap hit in Dvorak. Their cap situation the next 3 years doesn't allow them to spend an extra $1m for a similar player (Dvorak vs. Schmaltz). It's much less fun to debate here, but they'll probably just wait on guys like Rossi and Khusnutdinov to develop before they give up prospects and picks.
MNCountryClub, TanSor and Marcsnack liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster

Eeerk *record scratch*

Suggesting Beckman was the best looking of your big 3 prospects seems like a classic overrating thing also Marco can look quiet but is the master of nuances

You made a good well articulated case there but Confused

Idk

The Beckman hype from wild fans feels cult ish
SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 9:47 a.m.
I mean you are overrating him, he scored 2 goals on an AHL backup, 1 rebound on Kuemper after someone fell on him and 1 against a mediocre backup. Its fine to be excited about him but to say he's worth more than a top 6 center is so incredibly homer

Quoting: Marcsnack

And I highly disagree that Schmaltz is anything close to being a top 6 center. Or that he carries anywhere close to that justifiable level of value. That's where we differ, he may play in Arizona's top six but that doesn't make him a legitimate top six center either. Just because Rask played with Kaprizov last year, does that make him a legitimate top six center too? Of course it doesn't.

Schmaltz's numbers have been bouyed by playing with Garland and Keller/Kessel the last two seasons once Dvorak got taken off that line and replaced by Schmaltz. Funny how Dvorak's best season came when he was on that line instead, three seasons ago. After that, Dvorak's numbers dropped and Schmaltz's rose. That's not a coincidence.

Everyone considers Dvorak to be nothing more than a 3rd line center type, when in actuality he's more skilled and talented of a player than Schmaltz is. Dvorak is a middle six center, by his skill and talent alone. I struggle to see Schmaltz as the same or in equal light. Dvorak is what people think Schmaltz is.

And as I said before, this is based on my having watched more than enough of them over the years.

In my opinion, I do not see or view Schmaltz as someone worth giving up one of our top prospects like Beckman for. The fact I have a much lower opinion on the guy then you two seem to do, is in large part of why I dislike it so much. And yes, I may be *homering* slightly about one of my team's top 5 prospects in our prospect pool, but that is nothing unusual. That is something every teams fans do constantly.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
Quoting: Radu47
Eeerk *record scratch*

Suggesting Beckman was the best looking of your big 3 prospects seems like a classic overrating thing also Marco can look quiet but is the master of nuances

You made a good well articulated case there but Confused

Idk

The Beckman hype from wild fans feels cult ish

You're Johnny on the spot with that one.

The bolded part anyway.

Of the three, Rossi improved the most throughout camp. He steadily got better as it went on. Boldy started off the best looking but tapered off down the stretch, but was having a hell of a 3rd period in his final game until he went awkwardly into the boards and fractured his ankle in the process. Beckman was always noticeable and played the best out of the three, consistently. All three were excellent during training camp and probably could of made the roster, just not in the top six roles they should be in. Top 9, minimum. Of the three, Beckman was the most likely to make the roster. That's why he was considered the best looking of three.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll