2$750,000
2$750,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Eller, Lars
  2. Gersich, Shane [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Nic Dowd

this trade happens today, to give Pit two centers with Cup rings and a third really good center, while they're missing three great centers to injuries.
WSH
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali [RFA Rights]
  2. 2022 5th round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Sheary, Conor
Additional Details:
trade in summer due to cap crunch after taking on Nylander
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$73,835,699$100,000$50,000$7,664,301
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
C
RFA - 3
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$791,667$791,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Nuh-uh. The Leafs say no in a heartbeat
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
PIT says no
SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: KMarner10
Nuh-uh. The Leafs say no in a heartbeat

Today they pass. True. In the summer, compare the available wing UFAs to defense UFAs and get back to WSH to see if Orlov is even available.
Who adds what?
Quoting: gpmack95
PIT says no

Thanks. Good luck getting through those injuries.
gpmack95 liked this.
Biased Opinion
Quoting: Eli
Today they pass. True. In the summer, compare the available wing UFAs to defense UFAs and get back to WSH to see if Orlov is even available.

X
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:35 p.m.

The cap wouldnt even work?
Capitalfail67 and SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:43 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: gpmack95
The cap wouldnt even work?

That's what I liked most about it! smile
gpmack95 liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I wouldnt want to trade Orlov tbh and Nylander value is slightly higher or lets say its hypothetically equal... Leafs are deep at LSD and Capitals are deep at RW. Being 100% honest Nylanders value is going to be more than Orlov. Orlov is extremely underrated / underappreciated that i doubt 90% of this site would even give a 2nd for him when in reality he's worth way more than that imo. You can just wait 2 years and get him as a UFA if you really want him or just sign Forsberg next year and keep you #1 LSD.

Kravtsov is maybe worth a 2nd but Sheary is a lot better and barely making more so why downgrade ? seems like a bad choice

Penguins trade doesnt make sense to me also.... POJ is good but is he better than Alexeyev? i dont think so.. MF is already playing top pairing minutes... Alexeyev is going to be a comparable talent AND we have Orlov.

Eller and Dowd are worth a lot and swapping them for TB isnt really worth it. Penguins gain really good centers capitals gain 1 and a D prospect that isnt better than what we already have ? whats the point? just making trades to make trade.. its what the site was made for i guess but madness!!!
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:47 p.m.
Lenny7

I feel like you know that Nylander for 1 year of Orlov would be one of the biggest overpays trade-wise in the past 10 years. You're just trolling...right?
Barilko14 and SydBarrett liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Lenny7
I feel like you know that Nylander for 1 year of Orlov would be one of the biggest overpays trade-wise in the past 10 years. You're just trolling...right?

Nah. I think all the Tor fans looking for Marner trades are looking for cap space to keep Rielly. If Sandin will be ready for a top four spot in two years, then one year of Orlov gets Tor over the hump. Then it's a question of how much Nylander's numbers are driven by always playing with Tavares or Matthews. Since he had a year on third line and scored less than Eller there, I think that Orlov's low cap hit allows Tor to shop in a buyer's market for top six wings rather than give Rielly 10M a year or whatever he wants.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Rangers don't want Sheary.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
Daddy
Nah. I think all the Tor fans looking for Marner trades are looking for cap space to keep Rielly. If Sandin will be ready for a top four spot in two years, then one year of Orlov gets Tor over the hump. Then it's a question of how much Nylander's numbers are driven by always playing with Tavares or Matthews. Since he had a year on third line and scored less than Eller there, I think that Orlov's low cap hit allows Tor to shop in a buyer's market for top six wings rather than give Rielly 10M a year or whatever he wants.

That year Nylander played on the 3rd line was when he held out and he didn't have a training camp, was just a weird situation. Nylander's value has risen signifigantly since about the halfway point of last year, also your arguement of who he gets to play with doesn't really work anymore, in the past when he played with Matthews sure, but now it doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps you don't watch many Leafs games, but Nylander drives that 2nd line, be it Tavares or Kerfoot in the middle, doesn't matter he's the one driving the play.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
Lenny7

Oh. You really were serious.

Listen, I know you're a smart guy, which is why I'm sure that, despite not noting it, you knew that Nylander's "down year", the year that he was on the 3rd line, was also the season where he sat out training camp, and didn't return to the ice until December. A season where he started with just 3 points in his first 19 games. I'd assume it's not easy jumping into an NHL lineup mid season. He appeared to hit his stride though, given that he had 24 points over the last 35 games (0.68 ppg), good enough to get him back within 0.06 ppg of his career average.

I'm also sure that, despite not noting it, you also knew that Eller played 27 more games than Nylander that season. Eller point per game: 0.44 vs. Nylander point per game: 0.5.

I'm also fairly certain that, despite not noting it, you also knew that Nylander finished that year with 10 points in his last 13 games.

Honestly, it's really ok that, even when you cherry picked a season that he sat out for the first half, you forgot to mention all of the things that would go against your narrative.

As for shopping for top six wings? They've got one...his name is William Nylander. The thought that, moving him to replace Rielly with 1 year of Orlov, to free up about $1.8 mil in cap space, to then go overspend on a free agent winger that's older and most likely less productive than Nylander is absolutely insane. The reason people are making Marner ACGM's is because there's a weird group of Leafs fans that have an irrational dislike for him because they consider him overpaid in spite of the fact that he finished 4th in league scoring last year, is reliable at both ends of the ice, and is not what they'd consider "Gritty", which is why that same group was happy to get Nick Ritchie, who isn't good at all.

Conclusion: Nylander for Orlov is very, very bad for Toronto, and very, very good for Washington.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I wouldnt want to trade Orlov tbh and Nylander value is slightly higher or lets say its hypothetically equal... Leafs are deep at LSD and Capitals are deep at RW. Being 100% honest Nylanders value is going to be more than Orlov. Orlov is extremely underrated / underappreciated that i doubt 90% of this site would even give a 2nd for him when in reality he's worth way more than that imo. You can just wait 2 years and get him as a UFA if you really want him or just sign Forsberg next year and keep you #1 LSD.

Wouldn't trade orlov today. Might consider in summer if Fehervary and Cholowski keep improving their defensive play. Cholowski has offense to play top four but has to learn where to be on the ice to earn big minutes. Johansen is playing in Hershey. Might get back on track, or not. Agree Alexeyev will be very good. So whether Orlov becomes available in summer is driven by prospect development, not by POJ trade idea.

Kravtsov is maybe worth a 2nd but Sheary is a lot better and barely making more so why downgrade ? seems like a bad choice

Sheary is a 50 point wing in his 20s on a great contract. Would Kravtsov develop faster on a line with Protas? I don't know. Maybe a little? Still needs a pick, for sure. Wouldn't expect Kravtsov to play right away in WSH this year because he's not ready and they don't have room.

Penguins trade doesnt make sense to me also.... POJ is good but is he better than Alexeyev? i dont think so.. MF is already playing top pairing minutes... Alexeyev is going to be a comparable talent AND we have Orlov.

Eller and Dowd are worth a lot and swapping them for TB isnt really worth it. Penguins gain really good centers capitals gain 1 and a D prospect that isnt better than what we already have ? whats the point? just making trades to make trade.. its what the site was made for i guess but madness!!!

Madness? Well, if the shoe fits.

Pit fans asked for Eller's value the other day, because injuries have them down to just Blueger at center. I don't know if they know how good Dowd is. Probably easier to just build an offer for Eller, leave Blueger out of it, and not try to solve their whole problem.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Banned

Nah you're a clown
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:50 p.m.
Trad Breliving
Leafs counter with Holl for Mantha.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Who adds what?
Oh. You really were serious.

Listen, I know you're a smart guy, which is why I'm sure that, despite not noting it, you knew that Nylander's "down year", the year that he was on the 3rd line, was also the season where he sat out training camp, and didn't return to the ice until December. A season where he started with just 3 points in his first 19 games. I'd assume it's not easy jumping into an NHL lineup mid season. He appeared to hit his stride though, given that he had 24 points over the last 35 games (0.68 ppg), good enough to get him back within 0.06 ppg of his career average.

I'm also sure that, despite not noting it, you also knew that Eller played 27 more games than Nylander that season. Eller point per game: 0.44 vs. Nylander point per game: 0.5.

I'm also fairly certain that, despite not noting it, you also knew that Nylander finished that year with 10 points in his last 13 games.

Honestly, it's really ok that, even when you cherry picked a season that he sat out for the first half, you forgot to mention all of the things that would go against your narrative.

As for shopping for top six wings? They've got one...his name is William Nylander. The thought that, moving him to replace Rielly with 1 year of Orlov, to free up about $1.8 mil in cap space, to then go overspend on a free agent winger that's older and most likely less productive than Nylander is absolutely insane. The reason people are making Marner ACGM's is because there's a weird group of Leafs fans that have an irrational dislike for him because they consider him overpaid in spite of the fact that he finished 4th in league scoring last year, is reliable at both ends of the ice, and is not what they'd consider "Gritty", which is why that same group was happy to get Nick Ritchie, who isn't good at all.

Conclusion: Nylander for Orlov is very, very bad for Toronto, and very, very good for Washington.

Thanks. Since you're giving me credit for knowing everything, I won't have to point out that Orlov rivals Muzzin for consistent even strength production at LD. I won't have to tell you Orlov led LHD in playoff minutes and even strength points in 2018.

You also probably followed that by letting Rielly and Campbell walk, and dumping Ritchie at slight negative value, Toronto gets around $9M to play a forward UFA market that includes Kessel, Rakell, Perron, Dustin Brown, Palat, Rust, Pavelski, and more. Some of those guys are old, and might be cheap. A few of them are still pretty good.

I've already got another Caps fan commenting that Nylander isn't worth Orlov in terms of what he'd bring to Washington, and I kind of agree. I could offer to add Sheary, and Toronto fans could continue saying that nobody will ever be worth trading Nylander, but it doesn't matter much if Orlov isn't available.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:57 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
Leafs counter with Holl for Mantha.

In the offseason? Under a flat cap? With Kessel, Rakell, Perron, Dustin Brown, Palat, Rust, Pavelski, and more wings as UFAs? Cool.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Trad Breliving
In the offseason? Under a flat cap? With Kessel, Rakell, Perron, Dustin Brown, Palat, Rust, Pavelski, and more wings as UFAs? Cool.

If you seriously think Orlov has as much value as Nylander, I want whatever drugs you’re on.
Lenny7 liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:02 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
If you seriously think Orlov has as much value as Nylander, I want whatever drugs you’re on.

No. Only the Leafs players have trade value. Everybody else is awful. Sorry for forgetting that.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Lenny7
Thanks. Since you're giving me credit for knowing everything, I won't have to point out that Orlov rivals Muzzin for consistent even strength production at LD. I won't have to tell you Orlov led LHD in playoff minutes and even strength points in 2018.

You also probably followed that by letting Rielly and Campbell walk, and dumping Ritchie at slight negative value, Toronto gets around $9M to play a forward UFA market that includes Kessel, Rakell, Perron, Dustin Brown, Palat, Rust, Pavelski, and more. Some of those guys are old, and might be cheap. A few of them are still pretty good.

I've already got another Caps fan commenting that Nylander isn't worth Orlov in terms of what he'd bring to Washington, and I kind of agree. I could offer to add Sheary, and Toronto fans could continue saying that nobody will ever be worth trading Nylander, but it doesn't matter much if Orlov isn't available.

Hahaha, I didn't say "nobody will ever be worth trading Nylander". I said "1 year of Orlov doesn't = Nylander". You were the one skimping on all of the details.

As for Muzzin, great example of the value of a defensive defenceman! 1.25 years of Muzzin=late 1st+fringe prospect (Durzi)+B prospect (Grundstrom). Interesting, because, for 1 year less than the remaining time on Nylander's contract, the Caps gave up a 1st, 2nd, young roster player who had already eclipsed 50 pts (Vrana), and a mini dump in Panik. I find it comical, mainly because Nylander has been far more productive than Mantha at this point.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
Who adds what?
Hahaha, I didn't say "nobody will ever be worth trading Nylander". I said "1 year of Orlov doesn't = Nylander". You were the one skimping on all of the details.

As for Muzzin, great example of the value of a defensive defenceman! 1.25 years of Muzzin=late 1st+fringe prospect (Durzi)+B prospect (Grundstrom). Interesting, because, for 1 year less than the remaining time on Nylander's contract, the Caps gave up a 1st, 2nd, young roster player who had already eclipsed 50 pts (Vrana), and a mini dump in Panik. I find it comical, mainly because Nylander has been far more productive than Mantha at this point.

So has Vrana. That was a terrible trade that MacLellan justified by saying Vrana and Panik had privately requested to be traded somewhere they would get more ice time. The fact that Vrana could have been arb eligible over the summer while Mantha had term left probably helped, too, given that Ovechkin was a UFA this past summer. The Caps focused on Ovechkin rather than on winning a trade. Fans on here focus on winning every trade, even if it means passing on a great UFA signing that could be more valuable to their team than winning a given trade.

eta: which top four wings are better for the Leafs: Marner, Nylander, Bunting, Ritchie or Marner, Rust, Sheary, Palat? If the choice is whether to have an offense-only 1LD in Rielly locked up for eight years, and have the first group, or to have one year of a mostly-offense 1LD like Orlov, and have the second group, then "losing" a trade doesn't matter.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.

don't see why the pens trade probably their best prospect and most reliable forward in terms of health and two way play right now. plus carter is in covid protocol so that isn't the end of the world and sid is back in a week or 2. their center depth is being tested but they've held up well so far
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:32 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: Pens2000
don't see why the pens trade probably their best prospect and most reliable forward in terms of health and two way play right now. plus carter is in covid protocol so that isn't the end of the world and sid is back in a week or 2. their center depth is being tested but they've held up well so far

In the last four seasons, Eller has 24 more points than Carter, in spite of playing a more defensive role. He scored the cup clinching goal in 2018, while shutting down and outscoring Vegas' top line through the series.

Dowd isn't worth much, but he's as good as Blueger at a third of the cap hit.

Gersich has a Cup ring, and was one of the Caps' faster players in the '18 playoffs, but oddly hasn't been back up since.

That's three centers, one of them good enough to push Carter to a wing spot, for one center, a couple prospects, and some cap space.

eta: if Blueger for Dowd doesn't look awesome to Pittsburgh fans, take that part out?

Make it Eller and Gersich for Bellerive and POJ?

I'm optimistic that one/both of Lapierre/McMichael can play a middle six role this year, and I'm optimistic that Backstrom will come back. I don't know what the team is actually planning, but with those assumptions, Eller for picks/prospects makes sense to me.

If Pit wanted to minimize the cap mess that gets them into with a Blueger/Dowd swap, fine.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 3:58 p.m.
Trad Breliving
No. Only the Leafs players have trade value. Everybody else is awful. Sorry for forgetting that.

You are so unbelievably biased, it’s pathetic.

I simply said Orlov will not get you Nylander.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll