2$750,000
2$750,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Eller, Lars
  2. Gersich, Shane [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Nic Dowd

this trade happens today, to give Pit two centers with Cup rings and a third really good center, while they're missing three great centers to injuries.
WSH
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali [RFA Rights]
  2. 2022 5th round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Sheary, Conor
Additional Details:
trade in summer due to cap crunch after taking on Nylander
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$73,835,699$100,000$50,000$7,664,301
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
C
RFA - 3
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$791,667$791,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 22, 2021 at 4:03 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
You are so unbelievably biased, it’s pathetic.

I simply said Orlov will not get you Nylander.

I might be biased, or I might have already explained why it's a win for the Leafs to two other Leafs fans. Believe what you want.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 4:10 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Eli
Wouldn't trade orlov today. Might consider in summer if Fehervary and Cholowski keep improving their defensive play. Cholowski has offense to play top four but has to learn where to be on the ice to earn big minutes. Johansen is playing in Hershey. Might get back on track, or not. Agree Alexeyev will be very good. So whether Orlov becomes available in summer is driven by prospect development, not by POJ trade idea.

Sheary is a 50 point wing in his 20s on a great contract. Would Kravtsov develop faster on a line with Protas? I don't know. Maybe a little? Still needs a pick, for sure. Wouldn't expect Kravtsov to play right away in WSH this year because he's not ready and they don't have room.

Madness? Well, if the shoe fits.

Pit fans asked for Eller's value the other day, because injuries have them down to just Blueger at center. I don't know if they know how good Dowd is. Probably easier to just build an offer for Eller, leave Blueger out of it, and not try to solve their whole problem.

in a perfect world our lefr side looks like
MF
Orlov
Alexeyev
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned
Today they pass. True. In the summer, compare the available wing UFAs to defense UFAs and get back to WSH to see if Orlov is even available.

And? Nylander is better than all the available UFA's and is younger and Orlov isn't needed.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned
I might be biased, or I might have already explained why it's a win for the Leafs to two other Leafs fans. Believe what you want.

Ah the old, "massively oversell something you know damn well greatly benefits you more than the other party" routine.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Capitalfail67
in a perfect world our lefr side looks like
MF
Orlov
Alexeyev

Right.

And in an even more optimistic perfect world, all the prospects become NHL regulars and next year they line up

Fehervary Carlson
Orlov Alexeyev (played on his off side a bit in junior and a bit in Hershey, and I think playing with a fellow Russian could help him adjust)
Cholowksi Jensen
Johansen TVR

And if we're even more optimistic than that, maybe Johansen and Cholowski are so good they can't justify Orlov's cap hit anymore, so they try to trade him for a good LW who might play well with Backstrom. Probably building castles in the air, here, and it looks like Tor doesn't even get it, so never mind.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:20 p.m.
Banned
I wouldnt want to trade Orlov tbh and Nylander value is slightly higher or lets say its hypothetically equal... Leafs are deep at LSD and Capitals are deep at RW. Being 100% honest Nylanders value is going to be more than Orlov. Orlov is extremely underrated / underappreciated that i doubt 90% of this site would even give a 2nd for him when in reality he's worth way more than that imo. You can just wait 2 years and get him as a UFA if you really want him or just sign Forsberg next year and keep you #1 LSD.

Kravtsov is maybe worth a 2nd but Sheary is a lot better and barely making more so why downgrade ? seems like a bad choice

Penguins trade doesnt make sense to me also.... POJ is good but is he better than Alexeyev? i dont think so.. MF is already playing top pairing minutes... Alexeyev is going to be a comparable talent AND we have Orlov.

Eller and Dowd are worth a lot and swapping them for TB isnt really worth it. Penguins gain really good centers capitals gain 1 and a D prospect that isnt better than what we already have ? whats the point? just making trades to make trade.. its what the site was made for i guess but madness!!!

I agree Orlov is underappreciated, he's a terrific player, as you mentioned he isn't worth Nylander. The only thing I really disagree with is "we can just sign him in 2 years" this is what everyone on capfriendly says despite almost no high impact players leaving their current team as UFA's. The biggest one to do so actually signed in TO. So in all likelihood, Nylander, Matthews and Marner will all resign in TO before ever hitting FA. Thats just how things work. If the cap doesn't allow for it, one of them will be traded. But it's highly unlikely they will leave in FA.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
And? Nylander is better than all the available UFA's and is younger and Orlov isn't needed.

Muzzin Brodie
Sandin Liljegren
Dermott Holl

Guess you're right. That's fine.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Pens decline. POJ is going to give the pens the flexibility to trade one of Pettersson or Matheson in the offseason giving them cap flexibility. Crosby and Carter miss like 2 games max. I’d rather keep the younger Blueger over Eller. It just makes zero sense from the pens perspective. They already are a pretty old team that needs to retool and get an injection of youth. I can’t see them trading young prospects for more old guys. And I can’t see the caps who are going for another cup and this possibly being their best year to do it with the isles being meh, the pens can’t catch a break, the leafs being the leafs trading vets that are supposedly the bees knees for prospects.
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 7:20 p.m.
Wouldn't trade orlov today. Might consider in summer if Fehervary and Cholowski keep improving their defensive play. Cholowski has offense to play top four but has to learn where to be on the ice to earn big minutes. Johansen is playing in Hershey. Might get back on track, or not. Agree Alexeyev will be very good. So whether Orlov becomes available in summer is driven by prospect development, not by POJ trade idea.

Sheary is a 50 point wing in his 20s on a great contract. Would Kravtsov develop faster on a line with Protas? I don't know. Maybe a little? Still needs a pick, for sure. Wouldn't expect Kravtsov to play right away in WSH this year because he's not ready and they don't have room.

Madness? Well, if the shoe fits.

Pit fans asked for Eller's value the other day, because injuries have them down to just Blueger at center. I don't know if they know how good Dowd is. Probably easier to just build an offer for Eller, leave Blueger out of it, and not try to solve their whole problem.

Sheary a 50 point wing? Lolol he had 50 points 1 time in his career like 5 years ago playing with Crosby.
That’d be like me saying Zucker for McMichael was fair cause Zucker is a 60 point winger 😂
Eli liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 7:33 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Pensfan89
Sheary a 50 point wing? Lolol he had 50 points 1 time in his career like 5 years ago playing with Crosby.
That’d be like me saying Zucker for McMichael was fair cause Zucker is a 60 point winger 😂

Wow. A 60 point wing for a guy with zero career points? Where does Washington sign up!? smile

Oh, wait. That puts them over the cap. Maybe Pittsburgh could retain half on Zucker, and WSH could add 39 point left wing Carl Hagelin for Poulin, just to balance it out a little bit? I noticed Poulin doesn't have any points yet, either, so it just seems fair.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Banned
Muzzin Brodie
Sandin Liljegren
Dermott Holl

Guess you're right. That's fine.

They'll resign Rielly then. Either way, Nylander is better than Orlov and it's not close. If you didn't also believe that, you wouldn't be proposing this trade. Typical of your ilk. The guy you want somehow sucks, the guy you are giving up is massively underrated and you are doing the other team a favor somehow by winning the trade in a landslide.
Oct. 23, 2021 at 4:29 a.m.
Who adds what?
They'll resign Rielly then. Either way, Nylander is better than Orlov and it's not close. If you didn't also believe that, you wouldn't be proposing this trade. Typical of your ilk. The guy you want somehow sucks, the guy you are giving up is massively underrated and you are doing the other team a favor somehow by winning the trade in a landslide.

I've seen three Leafs fans post Orlov trades this week. Just countering with where I think it would benefit WSH. If we've moved to personal insults, I'm bored.
Oct. 23, 2021 at 7:31 a.m.
Banned
I've seen three Leafs fans post Orlov trades this week. Just countering with where I think it would benefit WSH. If we've moved to personal insults, I'm bored.

If you take this as a personal assessment you are way too sensitive.
Oct. 23, 2021 at 9:42 a.m.
Who adds what?
Typical of your ilk.

If you take this as a personal assessment you are way too sensitive.

Careful. Gas prices are high.
Oct. 23, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Banned
Careful. Gas prices are high.

Says the guy who made a post to troll leaf fans
Oct. 25, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Right.

And in an even more optimistic perfect world, all the prospects become NHL regulars and next year they line up

Fehervary Carlson
Orlov Alexeyev (played on his off side a bit in junior and a bit in Hershey, and I think playing with a fellow Russian could help him adjust)
Cholowksi Jensen
Johansen TVR

And if we're even more optimistic than that, maybe Johansen and Cholowski are so good they can't justify Orlov's cap hit anymore, so they try to trade him for a good LW who might play well with Backstrom. Probably building castles in the air, here, and it looks like Tor doesn't even get it, so never mind.

Alexeyev is MF level if not better. Orlov has been amazing and can play both sides of the ice....it would be dumb to trade him imo. the gap between Orlov and every other D man besides Carlson and maybe MF is pretty large, Best all around dman on the roster, i would look to extend him rather than move him
Oct. 25, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I agree Orlov is underappreciated, he's a terrific player, as you mentioned he isn't worth Nylander. The only thing I really disagree with is "we can just sign him in 2 years" this is what everyone on capfriendly says despite almost no high impact players leaving their current team as UFA's. The biggest one to do so actually signed in TO. So in all likelihood, Nylander, Matthews and Marner will all resign in TO before ever hitting FA. Thats just how things work. If the cap doesn't allow for it, one of them will be traded. But it's highly unlikely they will leave in FA.

Hamilton ? Danault ? Grubby? Schmatlz? Hyman? IDK why in the world would Marner ever sign back with the Leafs? The media / majority of fans hate him/ blame him. i think there was a few players to move on... Coleman Goodrow both won b2b cups. Forsberg is likey gone imo..
Eli liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
Banned
Hamilton ? Danault ? Grubby? Schmatlz? Hyman? IDK why in the world would Marner ever sign back with the Leafs? The media / majority of fans hate him/ blame him. i think there was a few players to move on... Coleman Goodrow both won b2b cups. Forsberg is likey gone imo..

Hamilton could be considered a high end player but the rest are not remotely high impact players. They are depth guys getting way too much money.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Hamilton could be considered a high end player but the rest are not remotely high impact players. They are depth guys getting way too much money.

Hyman is a guy that people thought would stay and left. He's killing it with the Oilers. Grubby was a vez finalist. Hamilton was probably the biggest one. i was more focused on impact instead of high impact but either way i think the media in Toronto tends to push players away or maybe thats just a false narrative. Ill be interested to see if they try to sign MR
Eli liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Oct. 25, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.

So far this year, Hyman has six points. Nylander has five. Hall has four. Since Hall is a recent MVP, anyone who scores as much as Hall is a valuable player. That does seem to rule out Danault, Schmaltz, and Hamilton at the moment.

Whether or not it's likely that Nylander tests free agency before the Leafs overpay him again, I think if he costs much more than Orlov, the Caps should keep Orlov.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
So far this year, Hyman has six points. Nylander has five. Hall has four. Since Hall is a recent MVP, anyone who scores as much as Hall is a valuable player. That does seem to rule out Danault, Schmaltz, and Hamilton at the moment.

Whether or not it's likely that Nylander tests free agency before the Leafs overpay him again, I think if he costs much more than Orlov, the Caps should keep Orlov.

imo Nylander contract is actually really good... when he signed it maybe it was considered "bad" but hes been gradually improving. orlov is extremely underrated and this site is the wrong place to get fair value for him
Eli liked this.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 5:24 p.m.
Banned
Hyman is a guy that people thought would stay and left. He's killing it with the Oilers. Grubby was a vez finalist. Hamilton was probably the biggest one. i was more focused on impact instead of high impact but either way i think the media in Toronto tends to push players away or maybe thats just a false narrative. Ill be interested to see if they try to sign MR

I think they need to sign MR personally but we'll see. Hyman is a good player but his contract is bad. He'll produce as long as he gets time with McDavid. Take him away from McDavid and he'll be a 5.5 million dollar 3rd liner who scores 30 points.
Oct. 25, 2021 at 5:24 p.m.
Banned

You are a run of the mill troll nothing you say matters. Good day
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I think they need to sign MR personally but we'll see. Hyman is a good player but his contract is bad. He'll produce as long as he gets time with McDavid. Take him away from McDavid and he'll be a 5.5 million dollar 3rd liner who scores 30 points.

i think he's a great complementary player.. basically what your saying but unlike SOME 3rd line guys he's able to keep up and boost top tier players.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
Banned
i think he's a great complementary player.. basically what your saying but unlike SOME 3rd line guys he's able to keep up and boost top tier players.

For now, but before leaving my he's going to be surpassed by a younger player and then he'll be an overpriced veteran signed to years to come

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll