Forums/Armchair-GM

Something to mull over

Created by: Kyle_Davidson
Team: 2021-22 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 24, 2021
Published: Oct. 24, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just some trade ideas to think over, please don’t focus too much on when a trade might happen as I’m not organizing them on a timeline rather when I thought of them.
Trades
CHI
  1. Brännström, Erik
  2. 2022 1st round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Let’s assume the pick is somewhere between 10-15 for this trade.
OTT
  1. Kubalik, Dominik
  2. Mitchell, Ian
Additional Details:
Kubalik signs long term.
CHI
  1. Hickey, Thomas
  2. Komarov, Leo
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
3rd round pick upgrades to a second based on an easy condition. ( CDH plays in half of playoff games, or etc)
CHI
    If Gus is able to Sabotage the blues in any meaningful way that will be Payment enough.
    CHI
    1. 2022 4th round pick (VAN)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$61,123,380$452,439$3,322,500$20,376,620
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$307,500$308K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $2,625,000$2,625,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C
    RFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $811,667$811,667 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $880,833$880,833
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $997,500$997,500
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $3,000,000$3,000,000 ($1,875,000$2M$1,875,000$2M)
    RW, LW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $2,500,000$2,500,000 ($1,375,000$1M$1,375,000$1M)
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 12:51 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: Borocop
    id do that sens trade, maybe add a protection to the 1st to ensure it stays out of the top 10 then add a bit more value to compensate for that somehow.

I'd rather trade for a player that would be a better fit for our team and that fills an area of need.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
    Au-revoir Dorion
    Quoting: sensonfire
    I'd rather trade for a player that would be a better fit for our team and that fills an area of need.

id say goalscoring top 6 winger is almost as important as top 6 centre and top 4 rd, all 3 are pretty sizeable needs
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 2:36 p.m.
    Kubalik is not the type of player we need.

Of all our needs we have (there are a few), a Top 6 left-shot for the LW is not one of them.

If you had a top 6 right-shot RW that is a sniper and can score goals, Ottawa would be more interested.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2860899

Kubalik scores mostly from the right wing and played mostly right wing in the NHL.

That said, Kubalik is worth more then a top 10 to 15 pick...that's not even close when you look statistically at the percentage of players drafted in that range that turn into 30+ goal scorers in the league. Hawks would be stupid to trade Kubalik for a top 10 to 15 pick or any GM would be that owned Kubs. Your analysis is off as such.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    I mean you just described your need and that's Kubalik. He's the Hawks best sniper. He just happens to be left handed. That's it.

He also shoots from the right and scores more on the right. Kubalik being a LW isn't how he built his resume. If you look at his goals scored chart, he has more on the right wing and played that role with Toews and Saad. This is common, most snipers prefer to play the opposite side of their dominant hand.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    He also shoots from the right and scores more on the right. Kubalik being a LW isn't how he built his resume. If you look at his goals scored chart, he has more on the right wing and played that role with Toews and Saad. This is common, most snipers prefer to play the opposite side of their dominant hand.

100% agreed. I actually had the whole below post ready to send, BUT thought I'd be making things worse.

YES, he predominantly plays LW and he's a Left Hand Shot. With that said...during his 30 goal season he scored mostly in front of the net through gritty physical play...then it's actually Snipes from the Right side...and 3rd snipes from the left side. So he does score more from the right than left. On the PP, the Hawks even put him in the RD slot because he snipes better from the right side. Link below is just an example...and admittedly a highlight so it shows him in a good light. My intent however is just trying to convey how the team implements Kubalik in a game. Even though he does indeed line up on the LW position...he plays A LOT on the right side and with a guy like Stutzle...that's a REALLY GOOD thing to allow Stuzle to dance all over. Carry that puck and control zone entry. Kubalik can play the left side, but he's actually a better scorer on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ur3sxycKo

Just a clip of highlights. A lot of impact from the right side.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-OyPodsb4
    ChiHawk liked this.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    100% agreed. I actually had the whole below post ready to send, BUT thought I'd be making things worse.

YES, he predominantly plays LW and he's a Left Hand Shot. With that said...during his 30 goal season he scored mostly in front of the net through gritty physical play...then it's actually Snipes from the Right side...and 3rd snipes from the left side. So he does score more from the right than left. On the PP, the Hawks even put him in the RD slot because he snipes better from the right side. Link below is just an example...and admittedly a highlight so it shows him in a good light. My intent however is just trying to convey how the team implements Kubalik in a game. Even though he does indeed line up on the LW position...he plays A LOT on the right side and with a guy like Stutzle...that's a REALLY GOOD thing to allow Stuzle to dance all over. Carry that puck and control zone entry. Kubalik can play the left side, but he's actually a better scorer on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ur3sxycKo

Just a clip of highlights. A lot of impact from the right side.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-OyPodsb4

Yeah, when Saad was around Kubs lined up on the RW more then LW by design. He's really being thrown into the LW spot to play better defense, but you'll see even now, he drifts to the RW in transition to the offensive zone a lot when he's not on the ice with Kane. For instance, watch clips of Kurashev and him with Toews in the middle and you'll see Kubs playing a lot of RW and Kurashev playing LW in the offensive zone when they have possession.

All said, there is not a chance I would trade Kubalik for a 10 to 15 OA pick...a bag of magic beans outside of the top 5 picks doesn't net a 30+ goal scorer in the league today and especially one that is approaching the peak of his career by age. Hawks can do better then this offer.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Kubalik scores mostly from the right wing and played mostly right wing in the NHL.

That said, Kubalik is worth more then a top 10 to 15 pick...that's not even close when you look statistically at the percentage of players drafted in that range that turn into 30+ goal scorers in the league. Hawks would be stupid to trade Kubalik for a top 10 to 15 pick or any GM would be that owned Kubs. Your analysis is off as such.

1. "Kubalik scores mostly from the right wing and played mostly right wing in the NHL".

Ok then. Keep gaslighting.

https://www.nhl.com/player/dominik-kubalik-8477330

2. Kubalik is not worth a top 15 pick and is not going to score 30 goals every season.

There's more to being a hockey player than just scoring goals.

I also find it funny that Tyler Johnson so far gets more time on the power play than Kubalik.

You're ridiculously high on Kubalik and your analysis is off as such.

3. You can try force-feeding your rationale all you want, but no means no.

Ottawa declines.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 6:50 p.m.
    Quoting: csick
    Are u sure you wanna call a rebuild when Columbus has your 2022 1st round pick. Maybe wait till the summer

top 2 protected
    csick liked this.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 6:56 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Quoting: Wadejos123
    top 2 protected

Still, our pick is not our own unless we get extremely lucky. A rebuild/Tank is tempting, but the likely result is CBJ gets the number 3 pick for free.
    Wadejos123, csick and exo2769 liked this.
    Oct. 24, 2021 at 11:39 p.m.
    1. "Kubalik scores mostly from the right wing and played mostly right wing in the NHL".

Ok then. Keep gaslighting.

https://www.nhl.com/player/dominik-kubalik-8477330

2. Kubalik is not worth a top 15 pick and is not going to score 30 goals every season.

There's more to being a hockey player than just scoring goals.

I also find it funny that Tyler Johnson so far gets more time on the power play than Kubalik.

You're ridiculously high on Kubalik and your analysis is off as such.

3. You can try force-feeding your rationale all you want, but no means no.

Ottawa declines.

1) You are wrong, you have to look at advanced analytics and video footage not NHL.com as if that proves anything LMAO! Gaslighting??? You must be "woke" 20 something LMAO...too funny

2) He scored 30 goals/46 points in 68 games his first season (prorated to 82 game season that's 36 goals/55 points), 25 goals/56 points last season prorated to a full 82 game season (17 goals/38 points in 56 games. Good luck trying to find that production in a first round pick from 10 to 15.

2a) Obviously you've never looked at the advanced analytics that would tell you 33% of first round picks actually ever become consistent NHL players, let alone a consistent 55 point producer that can pot 25 to 30 goals a season. Draft picks, especially outside the top 5, are a bag of magic beans and there is plenty of articles to support what I'm saying by professional analysis...I suggest you use Google like you've been raised to do.

2b) Again wrong, Kubs is on the PP#1 the last two games, but traditionally plays the 2nd PP because of keeping a top sniper, he and Cat, each on one of the units. The fact you don't understand simple numbers and simple game strategy says all we need to know about your opinion.

3) I don't want this trade, didn't create it, and my other comments clearly state that so I don't care if Ottawa were to accept or not, Hawks almost certainly decline. That said, but your opinion is completely uneducated though I'm glad I can help you in that department.
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 5:38 a.m.
    sensonfire
    1) You are wrong, you have to look at advanced analytics and video footage not NHL.com as if that proves anything LMAO! Gaslighting??? You must be "woke" 20 something LMAO...too funny

2) He scored 30 goals/46 points in 68 games his first season (prorated to 82 game season that's 36 goals/55 points), 25 goals/56 points last season prorated to a full 82 game season (17 goals/38 points in 56 games. Good luck trying to find that production in a first round pick from 10 to 15.

2a) Obviously you've never looked at the advanced analytics that would tell you 33% of first round picks actually ever become consistent NHL players, let alone a consistent 55 point producer that can pot 25 to 30 goals a season. Draft picks, especially outside the top 5, are a bag of magic beans and there is plenty of articles to support what I'm saying by professional analysis...I suggest you use Google like you've been raised to do.

2b) Again wrong, Kubs is on the PP#1 the last two games, but traditionally plays the 2nd PP because of keeping a top sniper, he and Cat, each on one of the units. The fact you don't understand simple numbers and simple game strategy says all we need to know about your opinion.

3) I don't want this trade, didn't create it, and my other comments clearly state that so I don't care if Ottawa were to accept or not, Hawks almost certainly decline. That said, but your opinion is completely uneducated though I'm glad I can help you in that department.

1. When you scroll down, you see "LW" in capitalized letters.

If you're unable to read two letters, then I'm starting to wonder if you're dyslexic.

You probably didn't start learning the alphabet until you turned 18.

Pity.

2. Production is not the only thing you look at when it comes to drafting.

It's part of the reason why a defenseman sometimes goes 1st overall instead of a forward.

But you wouldn't know that, because in your world, a player is worthless if they don't produce a sizeable amount of points.

2a. I find it funny that you tell me to use google to look up these "advanced analytics" and this "professional analysis" when you can't even do it yourself.

You didn't even have the courage or capacity to include a link when you posted this nonsense.

Pity.

2b. The fact that you needed to pivot away from discussing Kubalik's time on the power-play in comparison to Tyler Johnson's says all we need to know about your opinion.

Pity.

3. You and a bunch of other Hawks' fans in the comments have tried to force-feed the idea that this trade is good for Ottawa.

It's not.

Whether you wanted it, created it or posted a bunch of drivel to try and distance yourself from it is irrelevant.

That said, your opinion is completely frivolous though, so I'm glad I could give you a helping hand.
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.
    Kyle from Chicago

If you're unable to read two letters, then I'm starting to wonder if you're dyslexic.

Pity.

It's part of the reason why a defenseman sometimes goes 1st overall instead of a forward.

But you wouldn't know that, because in your world, a player is worthless if they don't produce a sizeable amount of points.

2a. I find it funny that you tell me to use google to look up these "advanced analytics" and this "professional analysis" when you can't even do it yourself.

You didn't even have the courage or capacity to include a link when you posted this nonsense.

Pity.

2b. The fact that you needed to pivot away from discussing Kubalik's time on the power-play in comparison to Tyler Johnson's says all we need to know about your opinion.

Pity.

3. You and a bunch of other Hawks' fans in the comments have tried to force-feed the idea that this trade is good for Ottawa.

It's not.

Whether you wanted it, created it or posted a bunch of drivel to try and distance yourself from it is irrelevant.

That said, your opinion is completely frivolous though, so I'm glad I could give you a helping hand.

Hey man, is everything alright?
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:21 a.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: Stan_Bowman
    Hey man, is everything alright?

Yeah.

I just like the hustle from trash-talking sometimes awesome face
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 10:52 a.m.

Pity.

Pity.

Pity.

It's not.

1) That isn't always accurate and IF you actually watched the Hawks, you would know Kubs played on the RW when Saad was here yet was listed as LW then as well. Even now, despite lining up mostly on the left now, in the offensive zone he moves to the right which is where he shoots best from; left handed snipers usually prefer shooting from the right and right handed from the left...do you honestly not know this about hockey? Dig into advanced analytics and you will see where Kubs scores goals. Clearly, you don't watch him at all and are unfamiliar which is why your educated opinion is full of holes about him.

2) Again, plenty of articles by professional analysts who have compared draft results over the last 20 years. 33% a first round draft pick even becomes a career NHL player. Less then 10% they become a top line player in the first round. Draft picks are bags of magic beans and highly overrated by fans, especially on this website. These are simple facts that you can't seem to grasb.

3) No, it's a bad trade for Chicago which is why they wouldn't do it. Kubs is a top 3 forward behind only Kane and Cat in Chicago, every single team in the NHL would love to have him. He's worth more then a #10 to #15 OA pick....absolutely asinine for you to think he's not worth!
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
    sensonfire
    1) That isn't always accurate and IF you actually watched the Hawks, you would know Kubs played on the RW when Saad was here yet was listed as LW then as well. Even now, despite lining up mostly on the left now, in the offensive zone he moves to the right which is where he shoots best from; left handed snipers usually prefer shooting from the right and right handed from the left...do you honestly not know this about hockey? Dig into advanced analytics and you will see where Kubs scores goals. Clearly, you don't watch him at all and are unfamiliar which is why your educated opinion is full of holes about him.

2) Again, plenty of articles by professional analysts who have compared draft results over the last 20 years. 33% a first round draft pick even becomes a career NHL player. Less then 10% they become a top line player in the first round. Draft picks are bags of magic beans and highly overrated by fans, especially on this website. These are simple facts that you can't seem to grasb.

3) No, it's a bad trade for Chicago which is why they wouldn't do it. Kubs is a top 3 forward behind only Kane and Cat in Chicago, every single team in the NHL would love to have him. He's worth more then a #10 to #15 OA pick....absolutely asinine for you to think he's not worth!

1. It is harder to give and receive passes on your backhand as opposed to your forehand ... do you honestly not know this about hockey?

Ottawa wants a right-shot RW and Kubalik doesn't fit the description.

The only exception that Ottawa will make is for Filip Forsberg.

Whining and complaining about where Kubalik usually finds himself after a face-off is not going to change that.

2. Calling my opinion educated but "full of holes".

Ok then.

3. Plenty of articles by "professional analysts" and you can't even show one after already being called upon for the second time.

Pathetic.

This is something you can't seem to grasp.

4. Ottawa doesn't do this trade either and yet, you're still whining and complaining about Kubalik.

Chicago's top 3 forwards are Debrincat, Kane and then either Toews or Dach.

That means Kubalik is not a top 3 forward for Chicago.

5. I'd love to have Kubalik in Ottawa, but not for a Top 10 pick in a deep draft.

Since Sam Reinhart didn't get a Top 10 pick, it's absolutely asinine for you to think that Kubalik should get a Top 10 pick either.
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 3:55 p.m.
    1. It is harder to give and receive passes on your backhand as opposed to your forehand ... do you honestly not know this about hockey?

Ottawa wants a right-shot RW and Kubalik doesn't fit the description.

The only exception that Ottawa will make is for Filip Forsberg.

Whining and complaining about where Kubalik usually finds himself after a face-off is not going to change that.

2. Calling my opinion educated but "full of holes".

Ok then.

3. Plenty of articles by "professional analysts" and you can't even show one after already being called upon for the second time.

Pathetic.

This is something you can't seem to grasp.

4. Ottawa doesn't do this trade either and yet, you're still whining and complaining about Kubalik.

Chicago's top 3 forwards are Debrincat, Kane and then either Toews or Dach.

That means Kubalik is not a top 3 forward for Chicago.

5. I'd love to have Kubalik in Ottawa, but not for a Top 10 pick in a deep draft.

Since Sam Reinhart didn't get a Top 10 pick, it's absolutely asinine for you to think that Kubalik should get a Top 10 pick either.

1) Nobody is whining or complaining, just trying to educate your stubborn wrong perceptions. Snipers prefer to shoot towards the slot and play the opposite side of their shooting hand...in other words not against the glass; hockey 101 stuff man...can't believe you don't know this. Another example of this, Debrincat plays the LW even though he shoots right; again...he's shooting towards the slot not near the wall. Kubs has played both sides, such as when he's played with Kane he's been on the left, he is simply more successful on the right playing to his strength as a shooter just like Cat. Here's a video for proof...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSObUzq_G4 Out of 30 goals in this video, 14 were from the LW and 16 from the RW. However, the vast majority of one-timers and snipes were all from the RW if you actually watch the video.

Further evidence of Kubs preferred side, on the power play, Kubalik always lines up on the RW. Outside of snipers, almost all other wingers play their shooting side but not with snipers...101 stuff man. So no, Kubs is not a bonafide LW like you wrongly assumed based on your extensive research on NHL.com LMAO

2) Your opinion is "uneducated" and full of holes yes.

3) Simple stuff...how many NHL first round drafted players (forwards only obviously) put up 30 goals in a season (actually 68 games) or 56 points. You'd be shocked

4) Wrong again, Kubs has been historically a lot better then Dach and better then Toews as well as he's slown down a lot. Easily the top 3 forwards this season so far are Kubs, Dach and Cat with Kubs leading with 3 goals in 6 games...on pace for 42 so far (Kane hasn't shown up yet).

For you to suggest Kubalik is only worth a #10 to #15 pick is completely inaccurate and not one GM in the league would accept that if they had Kubs on their roster...just a really bad take on your part.
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 4:58 p.m.
    sensonfire
    1) Nobody is whining or complaining, just trying to educate your stubborn wrong perceptions. Snipers prefer to shoot towards the slot and play the opposite side of their shooting hand...in other words not against the glass; hockey 101 stuff man...can't believe you don't know this. Another example of this, Debrincat plays the LW even though he shoots right; again...he's shooting towards the slot not near the wall. Kubs has played both sides, such as when he's played with Kane he's been on the left, he is simply more successful on the right playing to his strength as a shooter just like Cat. Here's a video for proof...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSObUzq_G4 Out of 30 goals in this video, 14 were from the LW and 16 from the RW. However, the vast majority of one-timers and snipes were all from the RW if you actually watch the video.

Further evidence of Kubs preferred side, on the power play, Kubalik always lines up on the RW. Outside of snipers, almost all other wingers play their shooting side but not with snipers...101 stuff man. So no, Kubs is not a bonafide LW like you wrongly assumed based on your extensive research on NHL.com LMAO

2) Your opinion is "uneducated" and full of holes yes.

3) Simple stuff...how many NHL first round drafted players (forwards only obviously) put up 30 goals in a season (actually 68 games) or 56 points. You'd be shocked

4) Wrong again, Kubs has been historically a lot better then Dach and better then Toews as well as he's slown down a lot. Easily the top 3 forwards this season so far are Kubs, Dach and Cat with Kubs leading with 3 goals in 6 games...on pace for 42 so far (Kane hasn't shown up yet).

For you to suggest Kubalik is only worth a #10 to #15 pick is completely inaccurate and not one GM in the league would accept that if they had Kubs on their roster...just a really bad take on your part.

1. Somebody is, in fact, whining and complaining about Kubalik.

That person is you.

Enough said.

2. You said previously that my opinion is educated and full of holes.

That doesn't make much sense.

3. If you mean to be tell me that putting up goals or points is the only thing that matters for forwards drafted in the first round, then you'd be utterly surprised.

For instance, we drafted Brady Tkachuk at 4th overall in 2018 because he's everything you'd want in a hockey player.

I could care less if he puts up 30 goals or 56 points a season, as long as he helps the Sens win.

Which he does.

4. I never implied Kubalik is only worth the 10th to 15th overall pick.

Don't put words in my mouth and then proceed to gaslight.

In fact, he's worth less than that IMO.

5. Also, you say there is not one GM in the league that would accept the #10 to #15 pick if they had Kubalik on the roster.

Wrong.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/194069
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
    1. Somebody is, in fact, whining and complaining about Kubalik.

That person is you.

Enough said.

2. You said previously that my opinion is educated and full of holes.

That doesn't make much sense.

3. If you mean to be tell me that putting up goals or points is the only thing that matters for forwards drafted in the first round, then you'd be utterly surprised.

For instance, we drafted Brady Tkachuk at 4th overall in 2018 because he's everything you'd want in a hockey player.

I could care less if he puts up 30 goals or 56 points a season, as long as he helps the Sens win.

Which he does.

4. I never implied Kubalik is only worth the 10th to 15th overall pick.

Don't put words in my mouth and then proceed to gaslight.

In fact, he's worth less than that IMO.

5. Also, you say there is not one GM in the league that would accept the #10 to #15 pick if they had Kubalik on the roster.

Wrong.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/194069

1) Somebody doesn't know how to evaluate a player, that is clearly you.

2) "uneducated" it's called a typo but the context would make that obvious for most that it was a typo....that's all you have to hang your hat on guy?

3) It matters for wingers more then any other position and while that isn't everything, I think most would be disapointed if Tkachuk only put up 15 points no?

4) LMAO luckily you aren't a GM; that's scary stupid you would rather have a #15 pick then Kubs WOW!

5) You mean before he showed what he can do in the NHL? WOW...bad take dude

Glad you learned something about snipers and which positions Kubs plays
    Oct. 25, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.
    sensonfire
    1) Somebody doesn't know how to evaluate a player, that is clearly you.

2) "uneducated" it's called a typo but the context would make that obvious for most that it was a typo....that's all you have to hang your hat on guy?

3) It matters for wingers more then any other position and while that isn't everything, I think most would be disapointed if Tkachuk only put up 15 points no?

4) LMAO luckily you aren't a GM; that's scary stupid you would rather have a #15 pick then Kubs WOW!

5) You mean before he showed what he can do in the NHL? WOW...bad take dude

Glad you learned something about snipers and which positions Kubs plays

1. Somebody doesn't know how to stop whining and complaining about how other teams value your own players.

That person is clearly you.

2. "Educated"

It's called a freudian slip and the context would make that obvious for most that it was a Freudian slip.

Try to keep up.

3. Keep hedging.

4. It's not stupid.

It's rational.

Kubalik is worth not much more than a 2nd and a conditional 3rd.

That's right, big guy.

5. The Kings GM still accepted a lot less than a high 1st round for him.

A lot less.

If anything, the Kings' GM should have asked for a 2nd and a 3rd.

Which is what he's worth.

Glad you learned something today.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll