Forums/Armchair-GM

Caps future

Created by: Sad_Siegs
Team: 2022-23 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 26, 2021
Published: Oct. 26, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
semi realistic, minnesota needs a good 1c/2c and its a low asking price. Caps need more space for younger players. Canucks could be subsituted for other teams but i feel they need a good 3c.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$925,000
1$925,000
2$925,000
3$925,000
2$2,250,000
2$2,750,000
4$3,500,000
Trades
WSH
  1. Khusnutdinov, Marat [Reserve List]
  2. 2022 1st round pick (MIN)
WSH
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (WPG)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$64,573,333$100,000$50,000$16,926,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
C
RFA - 3
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$791,667$791,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:34 a.m.
Why are Caps trading Kuz? He's finally playing like his old self. I am a HUGE fan of Marat BTW, but can't see Caps doing this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:36 a.m.
Khusnutdinov's ELC and that 1st are more valuable to the Wild during the next 4 years then Kuznetsov and Hagelin.

Wild say no.
EccE liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:37 a.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Why are Caps trading Kuz? He's finally playing like his old self. I am a HUGE fan of Marat BTW, but can't see Caps doing this.

Don't think we'd do it either.
ClockReads2113 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:41 a.m.
Sad_Siegs

He has attitude issues, even with his game being better that doesnt fix itself. Also the caps do need more space as we have 2 great center prospects and they get no value from being on the fourth line. Also clearing cap is always a good thing along with getting younger. Caps have alot of depth in the prospect pool along with some high end talent so its not a problem trading kuzy.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:44 a.m.
Sad_Siegs
Quoting: RazWild
Khusnutdinov's ELC and that 1st are more valuable to the Wild during the next 4 years then Kuznetsov and Hagelin.

Wild say no.

Marat is still unproven along with the first round pick, i think you are over valueing prospects and picks rather than a finished product. But i do understand what you are saying, but the wild are a playoff team and will need to make a push to get to a championship level team. Marat probably wont bring that, the same is true with who gets picked.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 10:52 a.m.
Quoting: Sad_Siegs
He has attitude issues, even with his game being better that doesnt fix itself. Also the caps do need more space as we have 2 great center prospects and they get no value from being on the fourth line. Also clearing cap is always a good thing along with getting younger. Caps have alot of depth in the prospect pool along with some high end talent so its not a problem trading kuzy.

But he doesn't have attitude issues. Don't understand why people think this. His team loves him.

And sure, we need space but not $10M of it. We can find top room for McMichael next year while Lapierre cookes in the AHL.
All_Knowing liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:06 a.m.
Edited Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
Marat is still unproven along with the first round pick, i think you are over valueing prospects and picks rather than a finished product. But i do understand what you are saying, but the wild are a playoff team and will need to make a push to get to a championship level team. Marat probably wont bring that, the same is true with who gets picked.

I'm not talking about a single playoff push for this year. I'm referring to the $12M in dead cap space next year and the $14M in dead cap space in the two years after that. Holding onto and keeping, then using, our prospects ELC's is paramount if we want to stay competitive during those years. This goes beyond just one year, this is more about keeping a realistic long-term outlook on the franchise than anything else.

In this regard, utilizing our prospect pool of Rossi, Boldy, Addison, Beckman, Khusnutdinov, Lambos, O'Rourke, Wallstedt on ELCs as cheap roster inclusions during the next 4 years as they make the NHL is more important than either a center or than two players who don't move the needle enough for us to properly contend. We're more than just a Kuznetsov and Hagelin away from doing that.

We won't have the means to properly go for the cup until the dead cap comes down in 2025 to a more manageable $1.6M. In this case the youth fits our timeline better than a 29 year old Kuzy. We're also taking on $11M in cap in this trade, and not sending an equivalent amount back. We have less than $3M in cap space right now, how are we supposed to afford this? The answer is we don't, and decline this trade for the multiple reasons I just stated above.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:08 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
But he doesn't have attitude issues. Don't understand why people think this. His team loves him.

And sure, we need space but not $10M of it. We can find top room for McMichael next year while Lapierre cookes in the AHL.

I second this opinion. With Schultz potentially leaving and Kempny almost certainly leaving, it gives the caps some space to play around with, without having to trade Kuz. Only think I would add is that I would guess that perhaps DC looks to move Eller in order to play Lap/CMM.
staytru20 and All_Knowing liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I second this opinion. With Schultz potentially leaving and Kempny almost certainly leaving, it gives the caps some space to play around with, without having to trade Kuz. Only think I would add is that I would guess that perhaps DC looks to move Eller in order to play Lap/CMM.

I think they'll move out someone like Hags first before they ever moved Eller.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Banned
I think they'll move out someone like Hags first before they ever moved Eller.

Minnesota says no. It's made made clear our gm doesn't want Kuznetsov. So Minnesota says no.
I
Oct. 26, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
I'm not talking about a single playoff push for this year. I'm referring to the $12M in dead cap space next year and the $14M in dead cap space in the two years after that. Holding onto and keeping, then using, our prospects ELC's is paramount if we want to stay competitive during those years. This goes beyond just one year, this is more about keeping a realistic long-term outlook on the franchise than anything else.

In this regard, utilizing our prospect pool of Rossi, Boldy, Addison, Beckman, Khusnutdinov, Lambos, O'Rourke, Wallstedt on ELCs as cheap roster inclusions during the next 4 years as they make the NHL is more important than either a center or than two players who don't move the needle enough for us to properly contend. We're more than just a Kuznetsov and Hagelin away from doing that.

We won't have the means to properly go for the cup until the dead cap comes down in 2025 to a more manageable $1.6M. In this case the youth fits our timeline better than a 29 year old Kuzy. We're also taking on $11M in cap in this trade, and not sending an equivalent amount back. We have less than $3M in cap space right now, how are we supposed to afford this? The answer is we don't, and decline this trade for the multiple reasons I just stated above.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
Sad_Siegs

He does have attitude issues and discipline issues, it has been noted by caps management. they even were looking to trade him in the offseaon. You are just simply wrong
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Sad_Siegs
Quoting: CAPDumba
Minnesota says no. It's made made clear our gm doesn't want Kuznetsov. So Minnesota says no.
I

Your Gm was interested in the summer for both eichel and kuzy, but with eichel probably off the table this is their next option. Especially if they want to compete in the near future.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 12:38 p.m.
Sad_Siegs

their is no "dead cap" in the NHL besides from buyouts or cap retention. Also Marat is likely never going to be a true 1/2C and most likely the 1st round prospect wont either, their is a reason that kuzy is expensive because very rarely do you aquire a player of his value. Also you have over 16 mil in cap without the salary cap rising, -11 mil from those 2 (or even just 7.8 hagelins not that big of a deal). the probelm with your prospets is that the only one who could be a 1/2 C is Rossi, but even then he had covid which severly impacted him and he may never get to his draft day projection. Their is no needle pushers in your prospect pool besides maybe rossi (who is not even being traded). the reluctance to never make large moves is the reason this team has been in mediocrity for pretty much since they were founded.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
Banned
Edited Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:31 p.m.. Reason: Link added
Your Gm was interested in the summer for both eichel and kuzy, but with eichel probably off the table this is their next option. Especially if they want to compete in the near future.

Our gm wasn't interested in Kuznetsov. He was interested in eichel. It was reported he in fact didn't have any interest inKuznetsov by Michael Russo, you know who covers Minnesota. It's the same reason he got rid of Parise and suter. Cleaning up the lockerroom. He wants nothing to do with behavioral problems, players

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1414616463877545991
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:36 p.m.
Banned
their is no "dead cap" in the NHL besides from buyouts or cap retention. Also Marat is likely never going to be a true 1/2C and most likely the 1st round prospect wont either, their is a reason that kuzy is expensive because very rarely do you aquire a player of his value. Also you have over 16 mil in cap without the salary cap rising, -11 mil from those 2 (or even just 7.8 hagelins not that big of a deal). the probelm with your prospets is that the only one who could be a 1/2 C is Rossi, but even then he had covid which severly impacted him and he may never get to his draft day projection. Their is no needle pushers in your prospect pool besides maybe rossi (who is not even being traded). the reluctance to never make large moves is the reason this team has been in mediocrity for pretty much since they were founded.

Minnesota has Parise and suter buyout. In addition Minnesota has other top prospects like Matt boldy, Adam Beckman who are winger. Please tell us why Minnesota needs carl hagelin and his cap. You seems to think Minnesota had no one else besides Rossi without even knowing anything about Minnesota. Minnesota has no need for winger much less expensive one on roster. Has you ever considered Minnesota has 5 or 6 players needing contracts after season like fiala?
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.

It's painfully obvious that you haven't done your research on this at all.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
He does have attitude issues and discipline issues, it has been noted by caps management. they even were looking to trade him in the offseaon. You are just simply wrong

^ images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkXG0D961o731izXsu6rJKPd9FqKJzupoThg7IhGMkGNDX9fya&s ^

No report I've seen in the last 2 years has mentioned an attitude problem, and the most I've seen is a guy from RMNB speculating he might have an attitude problem.

Also, contrary to popular belief, MacLellan never said they looked to trade him, and only that they would listen to offers on him.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 12:34 a.m.

lol I'm not though. If they wanted him gone he'd be gone. BMac has said multiple times he backs Kuz. Dude is amazing and his team loves him. He isn't going anywhere.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll