SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

What has gone wrong Hot takes in desc

Oct. 27, 2021 at 10:46 p.m.
New York Rangers
Is Chytil really strong enough to crack the top 6?
-In my opinion no (yes it may be too early to call this), Chytil has not shown anything amazing especially as a center and realistically the only way I can see him cracking the top 6 is on the wing.
-Alexis Lafreniere on slow start?
I am not worried on Laffy's lack of production, or even on ice presence. The fact that he acknowledged it proves that he will work around it and will take the necessary steps to prove he deserves either a 1A or 1B spot on this roster.
-Kaapo has 0 points in 3 games.
He has been injured for the last 4 games and during those 3 games he and Panarin worked pretty well together (Kaapo hit 3 posts and was robbed twice and had some great passes) so I am not worried about Kaapo he will prove what working with Rantanen will do to you as a player
-Chris Kreider has been invisible?
Other than scoring on the PP, I have to agree with this. He has not for checked once this entire season in my opinion and has had small glimpses of skill, but Kreider must be better
-Kravtsov saga?
Forget about Kravtsov and try to make a trade happen, he will not return to NY.
-Lundkvist poor start?
To me, Nils has played decently but might benefit from a stint in the AHL
-Too much competition for the bottom 6 positions?
I agree with this take, and having Gauthier fighting for the spot is not great in my opinion, and either 1 we move Gauthier or we make space for him on the 3rd.
-Miller and Trouba slow start?
I disagree with this take, to me they have been very solid and Trouba has saved multiple games for us. Miller has had a few cough ups, but not worried at all with this pair.
-Nemeth overpaid?
Looking at the future, yes he is.
-Why sign Tinordi if he won't play?
Tinordi adds grit but not much else and the idea was that he would fight Wilson if Reaves is out, but in that Washington game he was invisible.
-Georgiev bust?
No, he is not a bust, and he showed that in his win, he had a horrible game 1, but we move on.
-Why can the Rangers not produce forwards or develop them?
I think that issues in scouting and prospect evaluation is the key here and the reason why the entire scouting sector was overhauled in the off-season.
-Panarin the friendly ghost?
He was missing 66% of his line since they were out on IR or COVID-19 protocol, but he has to step up in those situations in my opinion.
-Zesty Shesty is the only reason the Rangers have won anything?
The Toronto game, yes, and in general yes. The Rangers must get better in the offensive zone and wake up.

What are your thoughts on these takes?
Masonh618 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 11:02 p.m.
Personally agree we need to see more from Chytil. I think Laf, Kakko and Panarin will be good for us. Way too many depth players. Trouba has been solid, Miller not as much, but hoping he turns it around cause that pairing could be dynamite for us. Feel like Kreider has been Kreider so good and bad. Shesty has been great and I’m honestly thinking Georgie has been solid. Nemeth has not looked good imo. Nils I think could benefit from tearing the AHL up till he acclimated better and comes up mid season for example. For the love of god we need to improve in the faceoff dot. Has been a weakness for years and still not fantastic.
Masonh618 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll