Forums/Armchair-GM

Different Eichel Approach

Created by: yycofred
Team: 2021-22 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 28, 2021
Published: Oct. 28, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Don't love it, I think Andersson could be a steal going forward but bringing in Miller to bridge that gap and possibly re sign can lessen that blow.

Monahan
Anderson
1st

for

Eichel

MEP
2nd

for

Miller Retained
Trades
CGY
  1. Eichel, Jack
  2. Miller, Colin ($1,925,000 retained)
BUF
  1. Andersson, Rasmus
  2. Emilio Pettersen, Mathias
  3. Monahan, Sean
  4. 2022 1st round pick (CGY)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
ARI
  1. Zadorov, Nikita
  2. 2023 6th round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$71,637,500$0$0$9,862,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$2,425,000$2,425,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 3
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
No thanks
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
Ras is definitely not available
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
No thanks

Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

Big surprises here. Why not though fellas, elaborate a little, Andersson is great don't get me wrong but Eichel is a difference maker, to say a deal doesn't get done because of a top 4 D man is craziness.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
God
Calgary wins this trade easily, but I think this about what the value of a trade will be
yycofred and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: yycofred
Big surprises here. Why not though fellas, elaborate a little, Andersson is great don't get me wrong but Eichel is a difference maker, to say a deal doesn't get done because of a top 4 D man is craziness.

Eichel is bot a difference maker as it stands right now. He is a potential upgrade.

This trade is a clear downgrade on a very thin and very important position for an eventual upgrade (bot even guaranteed) in a luxury position.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: God8069
Calgary wins this trade easily, but I think this about what the value of a trade will be

You cant look at trades in a vacuum like that. Flames have their current record largely part to how strong their d-core (Ras being a major part) has played this year. Moving him would be moronic
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Eichel is bot a difference maker as it stands right now. He is a potential upgrade.

This trade is a clear downgrade on a very thin and very important position for an eventual upgrade (bot even guaranteed) in a luxury position.

You cant look at trades in a vacuum like that. Flames have their current record largely part to how strong their d-core (Ras being a major part) has played this year. Moving him would be moronic

"Luxury position" when talking about one of the most key positions in the game, Backlund aging, Monahan horrible, Dube less than 3 good games at C, 4C who knows at this point.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
I don't love moving Andersson, Miller can fill the spot but no guarantee that he signs again and then Tanev is your only good natural RH d man.

I'm shocked that you don't have Flames fans on this website clamoring that Kylington could play all three spots on the right side as he seems to be the next coming of Lidstrom to people on here.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
"Luxury position" when talking about one of the most key positions in the game, Backlund aging, Monahan horrible, Dube less than 3 good games at C, 4C who knows at this point.

Ok and we trade for Eichel to what? Not play for 3 months? Whats the plan when our defense is bow strictly worse and Flames start to not play well because you traded their #1 dman for an LTIR contract.

I am all for acquiring Eichel but Calgary's top 3 dmen, top line, and Mangiapane are all 100% unavailable (Markstrom too ofc). The goal is to improve the team.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Ok and we trade for Eichel to what? Not play for 3 months? Whats the plan when our defense is bow strictly worse and Flames start to not play well because you traded their #1 dman for an LTIR contract.

I am all for acquiring Eichel but Calgary's top 3 dmen, top line, and Mangiapane are all 100% unavailable (Markstrom too ofc). The goal is to improve the team.

That is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard on this website and there is a lot of stupid to be had. You need to cool off, it's a trade on a website full of people with zero control over anything, I'm not trading anyone sweetie.

Flames ask for a top C in the league but put their 2nd line LW and top few D on a non starter list? That's a perfect way to not strike a deal whatsoever for Eichel. Andersson is great, no one is discrediting that but Valimaki, Kylington, Zadorov etc are all non factors in a Buffalo deal, they would need to flip Monahan and MEP isn't a great prospect compared to their system.

In reality the Flames have: Tkachuk, Lindholm, Andersson, Mangiapane that would draw any serious attention from Buffalo.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
That is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard on this website and there is a lot of stupid to be had. You need to cool off, it's a trade on a website full of people with zero control over anything, I'm not trading anyone sweetie.

Flames ask for a top C in the league but put their 2nd line LW and top few D on a non starter list? That's a perfect way to not strike a deal whatsoever for Eichel. Andersson is great, no one is discrediting that but Valimaki, Kylington, Zadorov etc are all non factors in a Buffalo deal, they would need to flip Monahan and MEP isn't a great prospect compared to their system.

In reality the Flames have: Tkachuk, Lindholm, Andersson, Mangiapane that would draw any serious attention from Buffalo.

Lol there is nothing left to discuss with you, you clearly way over value what Eichel actually does for this team and significantly undervalue positional need
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Lol there is nothing left to discuss with you, you clearly way over value what Eichel actually does for this team

And you are clearly infatuated with the Flames and can't see past the city limits! You and Gmonwy enjoy your little fan club, I am gonna have to mute you both, website is better place without ya! So long shtinky!
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
And you are clearly infatuated with the Flames and can't see past the city limits! You and Gmonwy enjoy your little fan club, I am gonna have to mute you both, website is better place without ya! So long shtinky!

Its generally easier for me when less idiots respond to my messages so thats fine by me
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
Daddy

Referring to center as a luxury position is absurd, look at the every years Stanley cup champ for the last 6 years you need to be good AND deep up the middle. You're never going to find middle ground with anybody on this site when it comes to their favorite team, you're not that far off in value IMO. I understand the uncertainty around his injury is going to cause a lot of disagreements in terms of Eichels value but this proposal is by no means ridiculous and is pretty well thought out.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:16 p.m.
Its generally easier for me when less idiots respond to my messages so thats fine by me

Oh god, you're all idiots. YYC, you're a clown, people have their opinions they are right, wrong, left field, right field, whatever, no need to announce that you are blocking people, these guys just seem like kids who are all in on the Flames, move along you cranky dick.

LD and Gmon you guys post on a website of fake hockey **** over 20 times a day and are generally not helpful at all, Gmon deleted a post yesterday after he was told he's an idiot, you're both clowns that need to find hobbies. This website sucks for Flames fans as the fan base is a joke here, 3 days on it was far too long.,
AustonMatthews3443 liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:25 p.m.
Sabres fan
Andersson is a nice player but not what Buffalo really needs, especially in the long term. It also doesn’t make much sense for Calgary to give him up because they don’t have that much depth behind him. Monahan’s value to Buffalo is in what they can flip him for. Retaining half of Miller should get at least a second round pick from anyone. That just leaves the first round pick as value for Buffalo. I think it’s been said many times over that Buffalo needs forward prospects, specifically one of the team’s best young forwards in return for Eichel. If they are not getting a Young NHL ready player I don’t see them making a trade. They have plenty of young defensemen already, and they don’t need any more goaltending in the pipeline currently.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: WestOfTheRest
Oh god, you're all idiots. YYC, you're a clown, people have their opinions they are right, wrong, left field, right field, whatever, no need to announce that you are blocking people, these guys just seem like kids who are all in on the Flames, move along you cranky dick.

LD and Gmon you guys post on a website of fake hockey **** over 20 times a day and are generally not helpful at all, Gmon deleted a post yesterday after he was told he's an idiot, you're both clowns that need to find hobbies. This website sucks for Flames fans as the fan base is a joke here, 3 days on it was far too long.,

You are not entirely wrong, I do have my hobbies though and debating hockey stuff on here would be included as one. Generalizing my posts as "not helpful" though when I explain my views nearly every time definitely seems like an exaggeration
Oct. 28, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
I created a similar proposal before this season started.
However, Andersson has really impressed me so far this season. I don't think I would include him in an Eichel proposal anymore. He is playing and producing like a legit #1RD. If he continues, he will be of exceptional value on his current contract. While Eichel is obviously an elite player, there is a lot of risk associated with him due to his injury. I don't think this trade necessarily makes Calgary a better team at this point.
Because of Calgary's strong performance so far, I would be limiting the amount of impact roster players Calgary is giving up and making it more focused around futures. I think this also works better for Buffalo.
yycofred and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 6:09 p.m.
God

Yes, they should definitely move other people before him, and they would be able to get Eichel without moving him. But in the grand scheme of things, while the trade will probably end up being better on Calgary's side, you still win this trade because you get Eichel.
Oct. 28, 2021 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: God8069
Yes, they should definitely move other people before him, and they would be able to get Eichel without moving him. But in the grand scheme of things, while the trade will probably end up being better on Calgary's side, you still win this trade because you get Eichel.

Yes "win the trade" the same way Edmonton and Toronto win in the playoffs with no defense. The point is this is not the right package at all to get him and its counterproductive in the grand scheme of things. As much as Eichel is an upgrade on Monahan (when healthy) the loss of Ras hurts the team a lot more as it creates a major hole that I do not think Miller is near capable of filling
Oct. 29, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
No thanks
Quoting: Tjm220
Andersson is a nice player but not what Buffalo really needs, especially in the long term. It also doesn’t make much sense for Calgary to give him up because they don’t have that much depth behind him. Monahan’s value to Buffalo is in what they can flip him for. Retaining half of Miller should get at least a second round pick from anyone. That just leaves the first round pick as value for Buffalo. I think it’s been said many times over that Buffalo needs forward prospects, specifically one of the team’s best young forwards in return for Eichel. If they are not getting a Young NHL ready player I don’t see them making a trade. They have plenty of young defensemen already, and they don’t need any more goaltending in the pipeline currently.
Listen up everyone, this is for fun not to get angry with each other.
If someone has an opinion listen to it and take note, make a counter point but lets keep to the facts and not reduce our comments to insults.
Just a fun fact, there is one word that gets a player ejected from a baseball game.
"YOU"
So when we respond take out all of the comments about individuals and stick to the players.

Let's make this simple take Miller, Colin ($1,925,000 retained) and Andersson, Rasmus out of the trade.
IMO Miller is playing well and Rasmus would not be huge upgrade over him right now.
That leaves:
Eichel, Jack
for
Monahan, Pettersen, 2022 1st round pick (CGY) and 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
While that may be all Jack will return, I think Karmanos would pass.

@Tjm220 voiced my opinions perfectly.
Forwards, picks and prospects plus of course Buffalo will take a bad contract to balance the cap.
Traptor, Ledge_And_Dairy, Bostonbruins and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll