SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #4 - Eichel?

Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yep, but could have definitely been a misunderstanding by the Calgary and Buffalo reporters. If a person in buffalo said that they wanted tkachuk and it turned into they where getting Tkachuk...this is why I hate the Rumors so much, because there is never credibility behind anything.

Could definitely be, hard to know for sure
Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Farewell
Also, an important takeaway from the Friedman interview: Eichel said explicitly that he hopes to play in the regular season, and that the recovery time he's aiming for once he gets his surgery (which will probably take place next week) is 3 months. He does not expect to pull a Kucherov and miss the entire regular season only to be back for the playoffs.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Found it: The last time two players scored 4 goals each on the same night was March 26, 1996. The two players that did it were Keith Tkachuk (for Winnipeg) and some guy named Mario Lemieux.

That's awesome! Great job finding that info. Last night was crazy fun to be a hockey fan.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: Brian2016
That's awesome! Great job finding that info. Last night was crazy fun to be a hockey fan.

For sure, except for the part about the Lightning blowing a 1-0 lead with less than a minute to go and losing in OT. Hmph.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
Yep, but could have definitely been a misunderstanding by the Calgary and Buffalo reporters. If a person in buffalo said that they wanted tkachuk and it turned into they where getting Tkachuk...this is why I hate the Rumors so much, because there is never credibility behind anything.

That's exactly why, as a reporter, you need independent confirmation before you go to press. Weekes went to press with only one source. His "inside info" wasn't news. It was just an opinion/rumor. And I fully believe that BUF put that rumor out there as a last ditch attempt to raise Eichel's trade value.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
For sure, except for the part about the Lightning blowing a 1-0 lead with less than a minute to go and losing in OT. Hmph.

Yeah. I watched the 3rd period/OT. Point could've basically sealed the deal had he scored on that breakaway where he tried to go forehand-backhand-5 hole.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
The Flames are mad at the Sabres for feeding Kevin Weekes the fake Tkachuk rumor to put pressure on Vegas - Elliotte Freidman

Wow

But like, when the Sabres agreed to what ended up being the actual trade with Vegas, which was a far worse package than the rumored Flames deal, shouldn't McCrimmon have realized that it was total bullsh*t....?
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.

Just curious, as a Sabres fan, are you satisfied with the trade?
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
Farewell
Edited Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Yeah. I watched the 3rd period/OT. Point could've basically sealed the deal had he scored on that breakaway where he tried to go forehand-backhand-5 hole.

It was a ridiculous save by Campbell; it was the exact same move Point used on Bobrovsky to win Game 1 of the playoffs last year (one of my favorite goals ever, I've watched it so many times), the difference here was that Campbell at the last second went flat on his stomach and had his paddle placed in front of the five hole, which just stopped it from going in, even then Joseph had the follow up chance on a wide open net that was blocked by Dermott. Make no mistake, without Campbell, there was no way the Leafs would've had the chance to come back.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: Saskleaf
I was at home, doing on line last year. This year I have returned to public school.

It's just that I have to wear a mask all day is the problem...

I don't really mind that tbh
After almost 18 months it just feels normal now
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Anyone notice how almost every player Seattle skipped is doing really well to start the season while guys they chose over them or signed in FA have been really underwhelming or performing like ****

Just to name some guys Seattle skipped and are doing well

Tarasenko
Niederreiter
Henrique
Bean
Heinen
Kylington (Gio is nice but an RFA young Dman to build around is also nice)
Miller
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
me wan da poonani
Feeling Holtz debut hattrick tonight.
Devil liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:19 p.m.
If that's true, and the Sabres actually put out that rumor just to put pressure on Vegas, that is both unbelievable and a real lowbrow move by Buffalo, not just the lying aspect, which is a really bad precedent to set, but potentially damaging a player's (Tkachuk's) relationship with his team just for your own personal gain? Really, really not cool.

Meh, I think if you're any kind of a competent manager your first call after you see that 'rumor' is to Tkachuk or his camp to ensure him that it's not true. The fake leak doesn't really bother me from the team perspective, it's just gamesmanship.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:19 p.m.
Just curious, as a Sabres fan, are you satisfied with the trade?

Yea, not mad not overly joyed but we got something better than no Krebs...
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:22 p.m.
It was a ridiculous save by Campbell; it was the exact same move Point used on Bobrovsky to win Game 1 of the playoffs last year (one of my favorite goals ever, I've watched it so many times), the difference here was that Campbell at the last second went flat on his stomach and had his paddle placed in front of the space his legs, which just stopped it from going in, even then Joseph had the follow up chance on a wide open net that was blocked by Dermott. Make no mistake, without Campbell, there was no way the Leafs would've had the chance to come back.

One positive takeaway (there were more than one) from that game, from a TBL perspective, is that Vas is money in the bank almost every night. He's remarkably consistent and durable. He's one of the best goalies I've ever seen at going post to post. He covers the bottom of the net incredibly well. This guy is a true superstar, and their team MVP by a mile, imo.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.
Yea, not mad not overly joyed but we got something better than no Krebs...

I think Sabres fans should be happy with the Eichel return until he plays a game and we have a better picture of what he will do with Vegas
zk97 and Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 5:39 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think Sabres fans should be happy with the Eichel return until he plays a game and we have a better picture of what he will do with Vegas

He's gonna be better than he was before. Mark my words. 2022-23 he will score 130+ (lol I'm feelin bold rn)
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
But like, when the Sabres agreed to what ended up being the actual trade with Vegas, which was a far worse package than the rumored Flames deal, shouldn't McCrimmon have realized that it was total bullsh*t....?

Yeah I guess the rumor was made up to try to force the Knights to give up a little more but they wouldn't budge
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Holtz is making his debut tonight
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Ha, is there a rule against that? Because I mean we all assumed that right?

No, but Calgary obviously doesn’t want Matthew to think that they’re shopping him, so of course they’re upset.
BuFfaLOFaN and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: aadoyle
Anyone notice how almost every player Seattle skipped is doing really well to start the season while guys they chose over them or signed in FA have been really underwhelming or performing like ****

Just to name some guys Seattle skipped and are doing well

Tarasenko
Niederreiter
Henrique
Bean
Heinen
Kylington (Gio is nice but an RFA young Dman to build around is also nice)
Miller

Don’t forget Drouin.
aadoyle, SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Don’t forget Drouin.

Oh yeah

Price will probs also be on that list once he starts playing Monday

Still super early but so far Francis to me has not done a good job. As this team is not trash enough to be tanking and not good enough to compete. A fan bases worst nightmare
Kotkaniemi15 and zk97 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:08 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: aadoyle
Oh yeah

Price will probs also be on that list once he starts playing Monday

Well there are a few factors that act as deterrents there, but it is absolutely hilarious to me that Seattle passed on Drouin because couldn’t sleep well. Although maybe, like Price, it was an effort on both team and player’s part to make it seem like Jonathan would be much more risky than he actually was to pick.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
If any body is interested here is the best save in any sport I’ve seen
Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 5, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well there are a few factors that act as deterrents there, but it is absolutely hilarious to me that Seattle passed on Drouin because couldn’t sleep well. Although maybe, like Price, it was an effort on both team and player’s part to make it seem like Jonathan would be much more risky than he actually was to pick.

In general I dont think Francis has done a good job

Still super early as who knows what hes gonna do next year or at the deadline

But man this team is stuck between tanking and truly competing and that's the worst place a team could be rn.
capsfan2121, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll