SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

My thoughts on the Jack Eichel trade

Nov. 4, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
I think it’s a pretty fair deal to be honest. The fact that the sabres were rushing to trade him while he is injured pretty much guaranteed that they weren’t going to get that much back for him. If they had waited until he was healthy and played some games with the sabres looking like himself again, they could have got a bigger return. The fact that he was being traded while his future is very uncertain and possibly ends up being a bust pretty much settles the fact no team will give up too much for him at this time. It only makes sense that teams like Carolina, Boston, Colorado, etc. would not sacrifice their seasons by giving up a bunch of healthy players for an injured guy and teams with bright futures like LAK, Anaheim, etc. wouldn’t want to give them up for broken neck Jack. I think this deal with Vegas works since the Sabres are getting back another injured player, a good prospect, and conditional draft picks depending on how Eichel turns out. Now I’m sure after today we will not hear his name for a while yet. I’m just happy the Eichel trade rumors are done.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll